PDA

View Full Version : 4.09m and Mods

ytareh
10-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Well Im just posting to give you my advice after the first day ...DO NOT TRY AND INSTALL THE 4.09m PATCH INTO A MODDED INSTALL...(at least if you want to keep full functionality of everything...)
Even some of the guys at AAA are giving that advice -just hold off for a while .Ive said it in the past and its even truer now as far as I can tell ,the modding community is becoming too fragmented ...AAA/UI1.1/Some French crew and now "SAS" ,the latter being the only ones who claim to be able to get 4.09m working with mods but using a laborious 6 or 7 step process Ive failed to complete successfully.
Just make a copy (or four-seriously!Ive got about that many)of your install and mess away with that ...none of the servers have upgraded as far as I can tell...

ytareh
10-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Well Im just posting to give you my advice after the first day ...DO NOT TRY AND INSTALL THE 4.09m PATCH INTO A MODDED INSTALL...(at least if you want to keep full functionality of everything...)
Even some of the guys at AAA are giving that advice -just hold off for a while .Ive said it in the past and its even truer now as far as I can tell ,the modding community is becoming too fragmented ...AAA/UI1.1/Some French crew and now "SAS" ,the latter being the only ones who claim to be able to get 4.09m working with mods but using a laborious 6 or 7 step process Ive failed to complete successfully.
Just make a copy (or four-seriously!Ive got about that many)of your install and mess away with that ...none of the servers have upgraded as far as I can tell...

stalkervision
10-03-2009, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ytareh:
Just make a copy (or four-seriously!Ive got about that many)of your install and mess away with that ...none of the servers have upgraded as far as I can tell... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good advice. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

triad773
10-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Still d/l'ing the patch.

In a few hours, I will know if my install will work. Either way, I have the HD space- I'm not worried about it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I used the switcher to revert back to 4.08m and installed the patch over that. It worked flawlessly. I then went in and copied the appropriate file to make it 4.09m.

I still use the switcher to go between all the other versions and copy/paste the 4.09m files to fly that version.

A bit convoluted if you're used to simply using the switcher, but it's the process I used before there was a switcher.

Hopefully, the next UI (probably 1.3 in another month or so) will be 4.09m and 4.09m+mods compatible and will bring the entire community back under one virtual roof.

Bearcat99
10-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Bear in mind that the m in 4.08m stands for merged.. not modded. The same with 4.09b1m & 4.09m.

Rjel
10-03-2009, 09:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Bear in mind that the m in 4.08m stands for merged.. not modded. The same with 4.09b1m & 4.09m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How far we've traveled with IL2 that anyone here would even think the M stood for modded? A year or so ago the outcry would have been deafening. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bearcat99
10-04-2009, 12:02 AM
OK first off.. This thread @ UBI (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/8311023135?r=8311023135#8311023135) is from back in the early days of 4.07m &gt; 4.08m (remember though the whole switcher issue started with the Pe-2 add on.. )

HOWEVER

I got it working..

I can now switch between 4.09 & 4.09b1mModded (and 4.08 for that matter.. but why..) Bear in mind that a lot of this depends on what you want to do. For me I see no need in keeping an unmodded version of 4.09b1. Some may feel differently.. I also intend to delete my 4.08 versions all together and just go back & forth from 4.09b1mModded --&gt;4.09m. I have no need to go to 4.08 at all now that the official 4.09 dedicated server patch is out and Zutis 4.09b1M moving DRF map mod is out... so 4.08 is just a waste of HD space. Before I did this (I dont know if it will matter or not considering how I did this) I switched to 4.08m.

I cannot post it here because it is a potential violation of the mod support rule.. but there are 3 other major flight sim forums that I frequent.. and I posted the same thing there.

na85
10-04-2009, 12:02 AM
You'd be surprised. There are many who think 4.09 is another mod of some sorts.

It's incredibly frustrating.

Feathered_IV
10-04-2009, 12:31 AM
I merged 409m with my modded install of 409b. Followed the instructions and it works fine for me. It isn't that hard.

FlatSpinMan
10-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Saw some of the denigratory comments over at AAA. The moderators are squashing them well but man some people are rude. TD did a great job on this for free and some people are complaining about the the fact there are only two maps and a few planes. FFS!

Rjel
10-04-2009, 07:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlatSpinMan:
Saw some of the denigratory comments over at AAA. The moderators are squashing them well but man some people are rude. TD did a great job on this for free and some people are complaining about the the fact there are only two maps and a few planes. FFS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly though, the same sort of comments have been made here too in the past. Rude and ungrateful people are everywhere.

FlatSpinMan
10-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Yeah, true. Shrugs.

csThor
10-04-2009, 07:55 AM
If 4.10/5.0 turns out what I think it will be then I'm pretty sure we'll get a lot of OOOHs and AAAAHs from exactly the same people. I guess some folks can't think further than their own nose. *shrugs*

megalopsuche
10-04-2009, 08:01 AM
I think it's a shame that as soon as a new official patch is released, so many are panicking over how quickly they can mod it or get it to work with mods. The new patch could be taken as an opportunity to try the game afresh in appreciation of its faster load times, lack of Russian language bugs, objects with poly counts under control, cockpits that don't let the sun shine through the canopy struts, etc., and what's more, it would be the genuine opportunity for everyone to be playing the same game. Unfortunately, I can see that's not going to happen.

For my own part, I've kept two Il-2 folders in the past. One with 4.08m, and one with the UI for online play because you can't even play on many servers without it. I installed the new patch over 4.08m and it works great.

mmitch10
10-04-2009, 08:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by megalopsuche:
I think it's a shame that as soon as a new official patch is released, so many are panicking over how quickly they can mod it or get it to work with mods. The new patch could be taken as an opportunity to try the game afresh in appreciation of its faster load times, lack of Russian language bugs, objects with poly counts under control, cockpits that don't let the sun shine through the canopy struts, etc., and what's more, it would be the genuine opportunity for everyone to be playing the same game. Unfortunately, I can see that's not going to happen.

For my own part, I've kept two Il-2 folders in the past. One with 4.08m, and one with the UI for online play because you can't even play on many servers without it. I installed the new patch over 4.08m and it works great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Even as an offliner, I'm enjoying having load times of 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes.

WTE_Galway
10-04-2009, 08:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by megalopsuche:

For my own part, I've kept two Il-2 folders in the past. One with 4.08m, and one with the UI for online play because you can't even play on many servers without it. I installed the new patch over 4.08m and it works great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never been even slightly inclined to use the mods ... my experience with the free stuff for MSFS turned me off the idea 10 years ago ... but lots of people like them and its a free choice whether to use them or not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

megalopsuche
10-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Yes, it is their choice, but it's a choice that fragments the Il-2 community. It gives me greater appreciation for the lock-and-key that Hitech Creations keeps on Aces High.

JG52Uther
10-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Mods are here to stay,so you might as well make the most of it.
Personally I am enjoying my flyable G55 and RE2000 offline!

Bearcat99
10-04-2009, 11:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:
If 4.10/5.0 turns out what I think it will be then I'm pretty sure we'll get a lot of OOOHs and AAAAHs from exactly the same people. I guess some folks can't think further than their own nose. *shrugs* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of those mods are great.. but nothing beats having full developer support ... sure.. in reality DT are just 1C sanctioned modders.. but that sanctioning can make a lot of difference.

as for the rude stuff @ AAA.. that has always been the case.. especially in the beginning..

It will not happen.. the only thing that will render online play "secure" aside from the integrity of the folks who fly online, which can sometimes be suspect, is some kind of lock from 1C.. however truth be told .. I have not seen a lot of shenannigans in our coops...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
Never been even slightly inclined to use the mods ... my experience with the free stuff for MSFS turned me off the idea 10 years ago ... but lots of people like them and its a free choice whether to use them or not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of those mods are very nice.. and add greatly to the functionality of the sim...

stalkervision
10-04-2009, 11:56 AM
couldn't agree more bearcat. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

FoundryWork
10-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Yes, it is their choice, but it's a choice that fragments the Il-2 community. It gives me greater appreciation for the lock-and-key that Hitech Creations keeps on Aces High. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The modders made the choice to fragment the community.
Any major server/squad that switched to running mods did it to further their own interests at the expense of the community and the sim itself.

In my book they are scum.

Bearcat99
10-04-2009, 09:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoundryWork:
Any major server/squad that switched to running mods did it to further their own interests at the expense of the community and the sim itself.
In my book they are scum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you can keep that book to yourself.. or else you are outta here do you understand? I will not have you or anyone else slandering anyone on these boards and by making such a statement you do just that..

People have been banned from these boards for just such things.. but I bet you know that... call me psychic.

Knock it off.

This will be the only warning you will get about that kind of language. If your opinions are so strong that you feel you have to make such strong blanket statements about any segment of this community then keep them to your self. If you can't do that then stay away from these boards.

Mr_Zooly
10-04-2009, 11:56 PM
an alias or just an opinionated idiot? people have been suspended for less, you must be feeling generous Bearcat.

doraemil
10-05-2009, 01:48 AM
I had to reinstall IL-2 so I made a back up of my 4.08, and of my 4.09 so I can have virgin copies.

I'm going to slowly check out Hyperlobby modless and then add mods later . ..

My take on mods if they fall into the cheating realm, especially online, then yes it is bad.

I've seen some games communities destroyed or "leet" select people owning everything. World of Warcraft is a good example. I quit because my RL friend that got me into that game was in guild that did hack mods, it got too easy.

Coding guilds guarded mods, and many of the best were not public release, you had to be in the 'in crowd' .

Even player vs Player, this one guy coded a mod to give 75% or higher on the random die rolls generated on the server side. Another had a mod that detected attacks as the client side game got the signal and since WOW allowed macros you could set If Then or Else statements to allow instant counters as the server updated the client machine, even before the video card could show the attack on the screen.

It got so bad that World of Warcraft regional and finals in their tournaments forced all contestants to use a stock machines, stock keyboard and mouse, NO MODS.

You'd have teams that were dominated suddenly pale b/c they were forced to actually play the game. And others that really struggled, suddenly shined and with the most unorthodox characters. Ack, I hate that game. Waste of my life LOL.

Yet I like mods, and they keep the community buzzing around a game. I remember the Max Payne community really made some mods that enhanced that game. They added pretty good martial arts to a shooter type of game and it was balanced, reasonable, and most of all: fun.

And there's some that like what if, say, if they made a Super Dauntless with pair 20mm cannon and Corsair engine / loadout and the gunners got Russian hi speed machine guns.

Or gave A2G rockets to the Germans?

Part of the fun is playing the game the way you want it. It may not be historically correct, it may not be majority's cup of tea. But if its fun . . . and if it doesn't encroach upon or ruin everyone else fun online.

However some mods just make IL-2 ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. Like the hi res screenies thread. They had a BOB mod that like, looks like something from ROF. Or this youtube video that Toad linked, the BF-109 sounded like the original resto at the airshow. And the machines guns sounded just right, and vintage!

You pick and choose what you like. Mods are a double edged sword that give an 'unarmed' game an advantage or not. If used right it can sow and reap havoc to its enemies. If used improperly (such as cheating or swapping flight models online) due to weak regulation and skill, trip and fall upon their own sword.

I'd prefer BOB SOW and Oleg n Co to continually review the cool mods (like true BF 109 engine sound) and add them as they patch the game, and to keep a close eye on the cheaters / haxors. And the community will have to come together and have a reasonable approach to mods, but wary to keep out of the ones that ruin the gameplay and fun.

Bearcat99
10-05-2009, 06:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Zooly:
an alias or just an opinionated idiot? people have been suspended for less, you must be feeling generous Bearcat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope... just looking at the post count and taking the latter into consideration.. although the former is most likely the case.

Manu-6S
10-05-2009, 07:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
Never been even slightly inclined to use the mods ... my experience with the free stuff for MSFS turned me off the idea 10 years ago ... but lots of people like them and its a free choice whether to use them or not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of those mods are very nice.. and add greatly to the functionality of the sim... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

6dof.. Channel map, SpitI and "radar mod"(TM) denied me of uninstalling IL2... the game is old, only with mods (official or limited to private online campaigns where all the pilots have the same mod package) the game can still be interesting.

If it wasn't for mods I would have many more free GBs on my HD.

Still I can't wait for SoW (but I need to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif )

Choctaw111
10-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Having several "practice" copies, I did try getting the mods to work with 4.09 and didn't have any luck.
I will now wait patiently for a Unified Installer.

Sillius_Sodus
10-05-2009, 12:23 PM
When in Hyperlobby, I fly on mods off servers, it's the only way to be sure...

When on a private server with my squad, we sometimes use mods to take advantage of the new maps and some new aircraft.

joeap
10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sillius_Sodus:
When in Hyperlobby, I fly on mods off servers, it's the only way to be sure...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious are there any left??

Sillius_Sodus
10-05-2009, 01:32 PM
There are still a few kicking around.

FoundryWork
10-06-2009, 05:51 PM

I will not have you or anyone else slandering anyone on these boards and by making such a statement you do just that..

Knock it off.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bearcat, are you educated at all? Do you know the definition of the word "slandering" and the definition of the word "opinion"?

Let me help you, because obviously you are one of the children that got "left behind".

Slandering is when someone states something about someone else and claims it to be factual. With me so far?

And opinion, is a belief held by an individual, that is not claimed to be factual or false.

So, I stated my OPINION, that a certain subset of the IL2 community were "scum", and you threw a hissy fit about it.

Now, if no one is allowed to state or argue opinions on this forum, it certainly is no more a surprise to me than it would be if I were in say, Germany during the rise of Hitler.

BUT, it makes for the kind of place where free, open-minded men don't hang out, which is why I guess you are here?

And no, per your private message to me, I never have used the name "copperhead" as an alias for myself ever, my hair is gray now and was never red, nor do I have anything to do with poisonous snakes.

However you rose to the top of this pond(what rises to the top of a pond?), it obviously was not by any useful qualifications, unless you can suck golfballs through garden-hoses, I will put my money on that.......

tomtheyak
10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Bye bye.

Please let the door pound your opinionated arrogant a$$ as you leave.

In case you're wondering you won't be missed.

FoundryWork
10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoundryWork:

I will not have you or anyone else slandering anyone on these boards and by making such a statement you do just that..

Knock it off.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bearcat, are you educated at all? Do you know the definition of the word "slandering" and the definition of the word "opinion"?

Let me help you, because obviously you are one of the children that got "left behind".

Slandering is when someone states something about someone else and claims it to be factual. With me so far?

And opinion, is a belief held by an individual, that is not claimed to be factual or false.

So, I stated my OPINION, that a certain subset of the IL2 community were "scum", and you threw a hissy fit about it.

Now, if no one is allowed to state or argue opinions on this forum, it certainly is no more a surprise to me than it would be if I were in say, Germany during the rise of Hitler.

So, Heil Hitler! A nice clean forum! Heil!, Heil!, a nice clean forum with no arguments or opinions, Heil, Heil! Heil!

BUT, it makes for the kind of place where free, open-minded men don't hang out, which is why I guess you are here?

And no, per your private message to me, I never have used the name "copperhead" as an alias for myself ever, my hair is gray now and was never red, nor do I have anything to do with poisonous snakes.

However you rose to the top of this pond(what rises to the top of a pond?), it obviously was not by any useful qualifications, unless you can suck golfballs through garden-hoses, I will put my money on that....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh... and just to educate the public further, it is impossible to ban anyone from a forum or a gaming server. You can ban an IP address or a nickname, but that is it, go ahead and ban away!

I can change my IP address at will, and my nickname at will, just as anyone else can. You can make it appear as if you come from any point on the globe very easily.

So the door is not going to hit me in the *** on the way out, in fact it has never closed at all, I have been here before and I will be back again at will.

I am glad that Bearcat99 and the other "Junior High School Hall Monitors" have that in their lives, that little bit of authority that helps them to think their lives have meaning and importance, seeing them smile walking down the street makes it nice for everyone when we walk by them.

It help make up for things in their lives like, when I shoot them all down........

Bearcat99
10-06-2009, 08:34 PM

Knock it off.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

However you rose to the top of this pond(what rises to the top of a pond?), it obviously was not by any useful qualifications, unless you can suck golfballs through garden-hoses, I will put my money on that....... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me in a few days... because you are obvoiuosly in the class behind me... because YOU DON"T GET IT ...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Others have been suspended by myhself and othewr mods for the same thing... what makes you so special... Nothing.. see you in a week ..

and yeah.. I know you can come back incognito.. but I dunno.. I guess we'd be able to tell you by the smell.. and as for you not being Copperhead.. all I can say is.. "whew!!" Thank goodness.. because I'd like to think that as banal as he can be at times... he still doesn't get to where you are..

DKoor
10-06-2009, 08:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:
If 4.10/5.0 turns out what I think it will be then I'm pretty sure we'll get a lot of OOOHs and AAAAHs from exactly the same people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Doh, somehow I doubt it.

Unless satisfied their personal wet dreams such people will never be satisfied.

Fokker turned up to be pile of poo regarding performance (not that this wasn't expected) and basically any contemporary fighter is able to match it and even do a better job in many terms, but I am still happy to see it in game.

Very happy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif.

Some people are impossible and some very hard to please.
So if I happened to be some piece in development puzzle I wouldn't give 2c about their opinion... whine whine whine.

All that came and all that will came from them.

Blindman-
10-06-2009, 09:44 PM

As a member of this pond I feel that I must answer this question. Bearcat99 has risen to the top of this pond by merit alone. He offers a remarkable combination of patience and wisdom in his moderating of these forums. Over the 2 years that I have known Bearcat99 I have learned to respect this man to a very high degree. I can also tell you that there is a line of others behind me that will tell you the same.

Gadje
10-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Remember 'Afterhours'?

Probably bored with CWoS being more than a little slow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

major_setback
10-07-2009, 04:41 AM
I had forgotten that the forums could be so much fun http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

megalopsuche
10-07-2009, 05:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by major_setback:
I had forgotten that the forums could be so much fun http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of reminds me other forums that are much more laissez-faire. And I always wondered why these boards seemed more mature. It's all because of bearcat's PNG stick.

AndyJWest
10-07-2009, 05:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blindman-:

As a member of this pond I feel that I must answer this question. Bearcat99 has risen to the top of this pond by merit alone. He offers a remarkable combination of patience and wisdom in his moderating of these forums. Over the 2 years that I have known Bearcat99 I have learned to respect this man to a very high degree. I can also tell you that there is a line of others behind me that will tell you the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+ 1 to that.

FoundryWork, some of us know how to debate without resorting to abuse, you clearly don't. Don't bother to come back, we won't miss you.

Choctaw111
10-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Yes, it is their choice, but it's a choice that fragments the Il-2 community. It gives me greater appreciation for the lock-and-key that Hitech Creations keeps on Aces High. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my book they are scum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't see this until today, and I hesitated at writing something about it.

I cannot even tell you how I felt when I saw this posted here.
This is the lowest thing I have seen someone write in quite a while.
I am not scum simply because I enjoy some of the mods. This makes the sim even more enjoyable for me as it does for many others.
The greatest thing today is that we all have a choice. We can choose the mods, or choose not to use them.
I really don't see how this is at the expense of the community. Most of us are still here and we can discuss anything about the sim that we wish, mods or no mods.

In closing I would like to add that calling someone "scum" is really easy in the anonymity of cyberspace. Would you have stones enough to do it in person?
When I come into this forum, I am not pretending to be someone I'm not. What you see here is the way I am in life as several people here can attest to.
I must also say that the mods were very easy on you, so count your blessings...and learn from it.

Feathered_IV
10-07-2009, 06:47 AM
What a coward, creating a new ID just so he can use the forum like a toilet wall. I revel in the fact that a split community will alienate scum like you.

Stupid animal. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ffb
10-07-2009, 07:07 AM
I hope we can all soon forget the obsolete m in the 4.08m or 4.09m...and when every one has changed to the 4.09 patch then there will only be one type.... 4.09....modded or not. Hope it will save all the confusion at Hyperlobby. Many servers state they are 4.09 and one cannot be sure if they mean the beta or new one....

I have gone on to several servers using the new patch ..with my modded version without any problems so far.

Skunk_438RCAF
10-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I can tell you wall one thing. Ever since the mods happened these boards have never been so active.

I know there is still feelings of resentment toward modders and people who use mods, but really that will never go away. There will always be those who embrace, and there will always be the purists.

For those who are afraid that being modded has the same meaning a low quality, rest assured there are many modders who are very quality conscious and they can easily be recognized. There are also modders that really wouldnt give 2 s**ts about quality and they also can be easily recognized. Most of their mods dont make it to the Unified Installers.

na85
10-07-2009, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ffb:
I hope we can all soon forget the obsolete m in the 4.08m or 4.09m...and when every one has changed to the 4.09 patch then there will only be one type.... 4.09....modded or not. Hope it will save all the confusion at Hyperlobby. Many servers state they are 4.09 and one cannot be sure if they mean the beta or new one....

I have gone on to several servers using the new patch ..with my modded version without any problems so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the m in 4.08m doesn't mean "modded"

It means "merged"

Which harkens back to the days when Pacific fighters was new and you could either have 4.04 standalone or 4.04merged (which is il2fb+ACE+PF)

DKoor
10-07-2009, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by na85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ffb:

I have gone on to several servers using the new patch ..with my modded version without any problems so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the m in 4.08m doesn't mean "modded"

It means "merged"

Which harkens back to the days when Pacific fighters was new and you could either have 4.04 standalone or 4.04merged (which is il2fb+ACE+PF) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah that said the "m" now stands for nothing it's redundant... ever since the last patch for PF came out.

willyvic
10-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Let's keep it on topic guys and refrain from mod user vs. non-mod user bashing and/or praising.

That issue has been hashed out years (yes, it been years now) ago.

Thanks all,
WV