PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous

Cyricke
01-26-2018, 12:04 AM
Why is there such an emphasis on the game's minigame faction war map, cosmetics such as effects, and the in game useless currency "Salvage" all while numerous of the game's cast of heroes are completely unviable and underpowered against the newer heroes?

This game revolves around PvP and a majority of the unviable heroes are original game release heroes meaning they've had the maximum amount of time to receive attention that keeps them up to par with the game's climate and play style dictated by the players. Yet, a year later they have barely acknowledged those heroes that need attention. Are cosmetics and minigames in a pure PvP game on the same priority level as balance? Common sense would say no, but the devs as evidenced by today's big season 5 reveal think that heroes are "equal". Complete slap in the face, insult to your players intelligence, and a display of pure ignorance from devs. They spent maybe 5-15min discussing balance changes without going into any details, spending the majority of the hour long stream going well into depth of the cosmetics, faction war minigame, and "salvage" currency. It's disgusting.

What do you guys do all day at work? This game's innovation and potential is so great. It truly saddens me as a gamer that you guys are in charge. My rant isn't anything new, I'm just here to vent things that others have said many times before. The orochi and the warden are so one dimensional, how dare you guys call them "equal" to the rest of the heroes and then not even put them in your season reveal as a nod to your playerbase that's been begging for these balance changes to their favorite heroes.

We're talking about months of ignoring and straight up lying to your players about balance changes in a pure PvP game.

I can already see the "the balance changes are coming!!!!!" From white knights and or the community staff. It might be true but it's too little too late. The fact they can sell so much ******** while ignoring balance or pushing it aside screams incompetence and a lack of urgency to respect their core players. Apparently they'd rather attract new simple minded gamers that are interested in colorful effects and an infantile counting numbers minigame instead of appeasing those who love the PvP of this game.

CandleInTheDark
01-26-2018, 12:10 AM
Except the balance changes really are coming? Quite significantly too.

Conqueror and kensei completely new mo-capped animations, should be landing start of season 5. Berserker, nobushi and highlander are also said to be getting large buffs in that time.Here, have some timestamps

https://youtu.be/KWQxXNg5EnI?t=1690

https://youtu.be/KWQxXNg5EnI?t=1996

EDIT: Mmk so re-read your post and you acknowledge they are coming but say so what...so, if I get this right the crux of your post is why aren't they bothered about something that they are actively doing?

They tried changing numbers and properties and it didn't work, hence new mo-caps which take time (which would be why, by the by, one new character takes around nine months to do) and I am fairly certain that team is not the team working on faction war or art given they have separate faction war and art teams..

Jarl.Felix
01-26-2018, 12:11 AM
It's funny how they have everything prepared, all their speeches, powerpoints, premade "community questions" ( to be honest, they just silenced/deleted questions about pvp during today's stream because it's inconvenient).

Probably they got the DATA and found out this game is 90% casual players who cares about cosmetics and rainbow (you got my point here) animations, so they deliver what community asks for.

To hell with balance and PVP, they won't even notice the changes or understand the game mechanics. Wanna bet dedicated servers won't come this year neither ?

ChrisTaben2017
01-26-2018, 01:26 AM
Yeah I agree totally, I don't play games much anymore so I have only stuck to just playing For Honor this last year since the beta a few hours a week. Over the year just playing as Warden I have repped up to 40 but it blows my mind how bad this game has been balanced since then. I cannot believe we are a year into it and if anything its maybe only 'slightly' better in terms of balance as when it first launched in feb 2016.

All the things that could have been done simply and quickly, the time spent creating useless magic effects that look so awful me and all my friends just turn them off anyway that could of gone into making the game better. At the end of the day tho all they care about is money and as long as people are buying the steel for stuff they dont care. I'm finally done with this game now for a while i'll come back in a while and see if they actually make it decent but I wont hold my breath.

Tundra 793
01-26-2018, 02:15 AM
I've seen this argument being made way too many times, so I'll just cut to the chase here;

The dude who designs the fancy rainbows, is not also the dude who balances the heroes.

One does not affect the other. However many cosmetics the team pumps out, doesn't have to correlate to the frequency of balance patches, it's two different departments, working with different deadlines and goals.
It's not like Chad in the office goes "I don't feel like balancing today, imma go animate some rainbows".

CandleInTheDark
01-26-2018, 02:32 AM
I've seen this argument being made way too many times, so I'll just cut to the chase here;

The dude who designs the fancy rainbows, is not also the dude who balances the heroes.

One does not affect the other. However many cosmetics the team pumps out, doesn't have to correlate to the frequency of balance patches, it's two different departments, working with different deadlines and goals.
It's not like Chad in the office goes "I don't feel like balancing today, imma go animate some rainbows".

The problem is those people then have the counter argument that they want Chad fired to bring in more balance people because they are totally fine with bosses firing employees for arbitrary reasons. Seen that argument way too many times, because Chad doesn't need a job right now and they can rehire Chad when they need him again :rolleyes:

But yeah, pretty much this.

The_B0G_
01-26-2018, 02:35 AM
Poor Chad has always had a hard life, but it's made him who is today.

CandleInTheDark
01-26-2018, 02:53 AM
Poor Chad has always had a hard life, but it's made him who is today.

People question why poor Chad felt the need to animate rainbows. He just needed to be happy man, life sucking from the firings and rehirings and all.

Also I love how he got in there early with anyone who disagrees with me is white knighting, insulting those with opposing views before they even speak shows a lack of confidence in the strength of an argument.

ChampionRuby50g
01-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Except the balance changes really are coming? Quite significantly too.

Conqueror and kensei completely new mo-capped animations, should be landing start of season 5. Berserker, nobushi and highlander are also said to be getting large buffs in that time.Here, have some timestamps

https://youtu.be/KWQxXNg5EnI?t=1690

https://youtu.be/KWQxXNg5EnI?t=1996

Wait a second. Beserker is only getting a large buff, not a rework? Admittedly I havenít watched the den or any videos on it because I donít have the time too, but was it not stated numerous times by the team and mods here that Beserker was getting a rework? I understand buffs, no matter how large they are, are entirely different from reworks and considering you mentioned Zerker with Nobs and Drunk Scotsman instead of Kensei and Conq does make me feel like we have been lied to or at least misled.

Charmzzz
01-26-2018, 11:25 AM
Wait a second. Beserker is only getting a large buff, not a rework? Admittedly I haven’t watched the den or any videos on it because I don’t have the time too, but was it not stated numerous times by the team and mods here that Beserker was getting a rework? I understand buffs, no matter how large they are, are entirely different from reworks and considering you mentioned Zerker with Nobs and Drunk Scotsman instead of Kensei and Conq does make me feel like we have been lied to or at least misled.

Calm down:

Major Hero Updates;

Updated Moveset for Kensei/Conq
New Animations for Kensei/Conq

Major balancing updates for Berserker, Nobushi and Highlander.

It is not only "buffs". You can add UB or Hyperarmor to certain Attacks, make some moves soft-feintable or change some chains without new animations...

T1brys
01-26-2018, 11:31 AM
It's unbelievable how the devs thinks that keeping their heads in the sand will fix anything.

This " rework" might be totally trash, but who knows, perhaps they fix it.

Or even better, fix the blocking issue of the conq.

ChampionRuby50g
01-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Calm down:

It is not only "buffs". You can add UB or Hyperarmor to certain Attacks, make some moves soft-feintable or change some chains without new animations...

Telling me to calm down is completely unnecessary. What about my comment makes it seem like Iím angry? I was just asking for some clarification. Thereís no need to be so passive-aggressive.

Charmzzz
01-26-2018, 12:32 PM
I understand buffs, no matter how large they are, are entirely different from reworks and considering you mentioned Zerker with Nobs and Drunk Scotsman instead of Kensei and Conq does make me feel like we have been lied to or at least misled.

"Lied or misled" does sound like you have to calm your tits until they release the patch notes. ;)

ChampionRuby50g
01-26-2018, 12:36 PM
"Lied or misled" does sound like you have to calm your tits until they release the patch notes. ;)

Which just serves to prove you really canít tell someoneís emotions or tones through words on a screen. Way to go with your assumptions 🙃

The_B0G_
01-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Which just serves to prove you really canít tell someoneís emotions or tones through words on a screen. Way to go with your assumptions 🙃

Champ stop yelling, you're scaring the kids!

ChampionRuby50g
01-26-2018, 01:48 PM
Champ stop yelling, you're scaring the kids!

When will they realise Iím just a BFL?

Big Friendly Lawbringer