PDA

View Full Version : Make it clear that this game is not Black Flag 2

ultnow
01-25-2018, 07:41 PM
It is clear that the gameplay is not attractive to the players coming from the Assassin's Creed series. I hope you can make an effort to distance the image of the title to distinguish the game for its tactical multiplayer gameplay, and reach out and tap into playerbases of games like World of Warships, Fractured Space, and EVE, who are more likely to appreciate the game for its gameplay elements and not only its similarity to the well-loved Black Flag.

UbiBorghal
01-25-2018, 11:58 PM
Hey, ultnow! Thanks for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. As we release more information about the game, we hope it will be clear what to expect from this new IP. Thanks for sticking around!

del190830110037552
01-26-2018, 10:19 AM
*sigh*...people prefer a BLACK FLAG 2 over a world of warships 2

Stainless001
01-26-2018, 11:26 AM
It is clear that the gameplay is not attractive to the players coming from the Assassin's Creed series. I hope you can make an effort to distance the image of the title to distinguish the game for its tactical multiplayer gameplay, and reach out and tap into playerbases of games like World of Warships, Fractured Space, and EVE, who are more likely to appreciate the game for its gameplay elements and not only its similarity to the well-loved Black Flag.

Hey UltNow, actually the Dev team have conducted a few interviews where they've tried to make it clear this isn't an Assassins Creed world title. Here are two of them:

- https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-skull-and-bones-is-not-an-assassins-creed-spin/1100-6451953/
- http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/13/ubisoft-on-why-skull-and-bones-isnt-an-assassins-creed-game

But as Borghal says, as they release more info on the game that'll become a whole lot clearer to people. At the moment a lot of folks are just making assumptions and judgements on the game while we know incredibly little. :)

MrFuddyDuddy
01-30-2018, 02:12 PM
*sigh*...people prefer a BLACK FLAG 2 over a world of warships 2

Pretty obvious, what would a 16th century World of Warships offer that isn't already present in the current World of Warships? Game literally looks like they took the naval combat from Black Flag and just copy pasted that into some cash grab gimmick PvP only game that is designed to appeal to peoples love and nostalgia for ACIV. Knowing this I can say with almost 100% certainty this game is going to go the route of For Honor. (its going to be a failure)

I would 1000 times over prefer an Assassin's Creed: Black Flag 2 over whatever the hell this game is actually trying to be. I mean multiplayer only PvP???(Maybe you can fight against bots?) I'll pass, nothing to see here folks.

If I want to re-experience only the naval combat of Black Flag I'll just pop the disk for ACIV back into my Xbox.

Stainless001
01-31-2018, 03:18 PM
Pretty obvious, what would a 16th century World of Warships offer that isn't already present in the current World of Warships? Game literally looks like they took the naval combat from Black Flag and just copy pasted that into some cash grab gimmick PvP only game that is designed to appeal to peoples love and nostalgia for ACIV. Knowing this I can say with almost 100% certainty this game is going to go the route of For Honor. (its going to be a failure)

I would 1000 times over prefer an Assassin's Creed: Black Flag 2 over whatever the hell this game is actually trying to be. I mean multiplayer only PvP???(Maybe you can fight against bots?) I'll pass, nothing to see here folks.

If I want to re-experience only the naval combat of Black Flag I'll just pop the disk for ACIV back into my Xbox.

Just an FYI, For Honor has actually been a success for Ubisoft. It has a thriving and dedicated community, regular updates with new content, a plethora of large content creators behind it, an emerging E-Sports scene and is about to drop a massive dedicated server patch which will no doubt see a massive rise again in their player-base. As someone who has been following the For Honor development I can tell you...it's not a failure.

del190830110037552
01-31-2018, 06:02 PM

yeah you are so right! I'm really disappointed to be honest...this game shouldnt be focused on NAVAL stuff only...how about having an open world where you actually control a CHARACTER and not just a ship you know? an online open world where you can run/jump/swim around freely just like in black flag!

del190830110037552
01-31-2018, 07:12 PM
Just an FYI, For Honor has actually been a success for Ubisoft. It has a thriving and dedicated community, regular updates with new content, a plethora of large content creators behind it, an emerging E-Sports scene and is about to drop a massive dedicated server patch which will no doubt see a massive rise again in their player-base. As someone who has been following the For Honor development I can tell you...it's not a failure.

no...for honor has a lot of complaints...so I dont think for honor is successful

MrFuddyDuddy
02-01-2018, 01:33 AM
no...for honor has a lot of complaints...so I dont think for honor is successful

Not to mention in its first month the player base fell off almost 85% and only 4.5% of the people who purchased still play today. According to steam charts, I wouldn't call that a successful game especially when Steam didn't even log 50000 players day 1. As you put it For Honor was also riddled with issues, from lack of servers and the game only being P2P, to some builds and classes being outright overpowered for months, to glaring balancing issues and abusing mechanics persisting into their official event what a joke. Guy who won admitted prior to playing at that tournament he hadn't even played For Honor in a week or 2, and was abusing the unlock tech exploit the entire tournament.

Then we had the micro-transactions, with a progression system that was so grindy it was estimated to take over 21000 hours to earn everything legitimately without spending real money on Steel, are you joking???

Sure For Honor might have sold well, but for all intensive purposes it was diffidently a flop. Skull and Bones is already in a niche by being a boat simulator, compound that with the fact that its only PvP matches or again I assume against Bots (just like For Honor had) its not going to fair well.

Tundra 793
02-01-2018, 01:45 AM

Success isn't measured by complaints. For Honor has sold at least 700,000 copies to date, most likely far more than 1 million though. That, is success.

Not to mention in its first month the player base fell off almost 85% and only 4.5% of the people who purchased still play today.

This is factually incorrect. That rumor was debunked months ago, and the game still has a healthy playerbase across all 3 platforms. Steam charts doesn't account for players playing through Uplay as well, keep that in mind.

Sure For Honor might have sold well, but for all intensive purposes it was diffidently a flop.

Again, that's not how you measure a flop. It sold really well, especially for a brand new IP, and it's still quite popular.

Skull and Bones is already in a niche by being a boat simulator, compound that with the fact that its only PvP matches or again I assume against Bots (just like For Honor had) its not going to fair well.

It isn't a boat simulator. It's a niche, sure, but not as small a one as you're making it out to be. If it faires half as well as For Honor has, it'll be a roaring success.

Horus.36
02-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Honestly I think it's pretty sad to read a lot of posts where people talk about failure of this game when they know nothing about it so far. The beta still not out, there are still no news about the alpha, there is only one video of a single mode of the game and just a trailer and we know really nothing about the game but you are ready yet to talk of the next failure of skull and bones. I think everyone has the right to think what he want but please, stop to talk about failure like if you know everything about this game already. Wait the next news before to cry, wait to know something at least, and stop to erase the people hype on this game. If you don't like pvp game, don't look at this game. If you don't like naval game, don't look at this game. If you don't like to be positive, just don't spread everywhere your sadness about what you expected to be when you really still don't know what it will be.

Stainless001
02-01-2018, 12:57 PM
I agree with Horus, the mentality that a lot of people have here is that they're complaining that they're dinner is ruined before it's even been cooked.

Just chill the heck out, wait to see what the game is and then make a decision.

At the moment you guys are complaining that you don't like the look of a pre-alpha game that we know literally almost nothing about. Just chill

del190830110037552
02-01-2018, 08:42 PM
I agree with Horus, the mentality that a lot of people have here is that they're complaining that they're dinner is ruined before it's even been cooked.

Just chill the heck out, wait to see what the game is and then make a decision.

At the moment you guys are complaining that you don't like the look of a pre-alpha game that we know literally almost nothing about. Just chill

people already complain because its ubisoft! people have stopped trusting ubisoft a long time ago

del190830110037552
02-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Success isn't measured by complaints. For Honor has sold at least 700,000 copies to date, most likely far more than 1 million though. That, is success.

This is factually incorrect. That rumor was debunked months ago, and the game still has a healthy playerbase across all 3 platforms. Steam charts doesn't account for players playing through Uplay as well, keep that in mind.

Again, that's not how you measure a flop. It sold really well, especially for a brand new IP, and it's still quite popular.

It isn't a boat simulator. It's a niche, sure, but not as small a one as you're making it out to be. If it faires half as well as For Honor has, it'll be a roaring success.

yeah of course it sells well doesnt mean the game is good! every game has a lot of sales! and yes, skull and bones pretty much IS just a boat simulator, unfortunately

Horus.36
02-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Dude... I have read all of your posts in all the topics. I feel like you are paid from another game publisher in fight with the ubisoft to talk bad about this game. Every post you did it's like totally negative and you know the same I know about this game. You trying in every way to stop the hype to the people who's reading this forum. Stop it dude, really. You starting to be hard annoying. And after that I will no more answer to you cause I saw that if you start to talk you never end. And if you want to answer to me, just don't do it. I really don't care.

del190830110037552
02-01-2018, 09:49 PM
Dude... I have read all of your posts in all the topics. I feel like you are paid from another game publisher in fight with the ubisoft to talk bad about this game. Every post you did it's like totally negative and you know the same I know about this game. You trying in every way to stop the hype to the people who's reading this forum. Stop it dude, really. You starting to be hard annoying. And after that I will no more answer to you cause I saw that if you start to talk you never end. And if you want to answer to me, just don't do it. I really don't care.

dude, I'm just worried about this game, thats why I been trying to let ubisoft know about their mistakes and all that! whats wrong with that? and no, I dont get paid from anyone to do this, lol!

Scarekr0we
02-08-2018, 08:03 PM
ryder...when you say people. we can all tell you mean yourself.

when you say majority, we all can see you mean...yourself.

why are you endlessly combing the forums and bashing down everyones opinion that doesnt agree with yours?

ubisoft is a great company and they have a large fanbase and this IP still has very little known about it.

you are crying over spilled milk when the milk hasnt even been bought and brought home yet,

wait until we know some more information before bashing everything that isnt negative like yourself.

del190830110037552
02-09-2018, 03:12 PM
ryder...when you say people. we can all tell you mean yourself.

when you say majority, we all can see you mean...yourself.

why are you endlessly combing the forums and bashing down everyones opinion that doesnt agree with yours?

ubisoft is a great company and they have a large fanbase and this IP still has very little known about it.

you are crying over spilled milk when the milk hasnt even been bought and brought home yet,

wait until we know some more information before bashing everything that isnt negative like yourself.

it aint just myself, it really IS the majority, and if you dont believe it, take a look at my thread "skull and bones failure" there you see tons of comments with tons of likes

sisankabrah
02-20-2018, 04:27 PM
Ryder, it really is just you. Iíve taken a break from this part of the forum and itís only really you that Iíve seen. Lol.

How do you know their mistakes if the gameís not released and thereís very little to go by at the moment?

RVSage
02-20-2018, 09:01 PM
I am really looking forward to new details on the IP in general. I guess it will be E3 when we get more reveals

Stainless001
02-21-2018, 11:57 AM
I am really looking forward to new details on the IP in general. I guess it will be E3 when we get more reveals

I hear you RV, I'm equally looking forward to hearing and seeing more. I think it's very likely it'll be E3 that we see more. Obviously it'd be great to see something before then but I don't think it'd make sense in the calendar to have any major reveal or a Beta/ Alpha etc go out before E3. Who knows!

sisankabrah
02-21-2018, 01:16 PM
I really hope itís at E3!

I keep getting invites to play tests (donít know what for) but theyíre usually for the big games.

Iím just always working when thereís an invite and highly doubt theyíd do a weekend.

Always hope if I ever did get accepted, Iíd get SandC

Hatsa2
02-21-2018, 01:41 PM
θα ήθελα να έχει και στοιχεία μάχης σώμα με σώμα επίθεση σε πόλη και κάποια εξερεύνηση βυθού και στεριάς χωρίς να θυμίζει ac