PDA

View Full Version : Developer Update: 24/01/2018

ThatDarnSteve
01-24-2018, 04:16 PM
South Park: Phone Destroyer Developer Update - 24/01/2018

Hey, everyone! Steve from RedLynx here with another developer update! This one will be a bit shorter, but should still have a bit of good news for you all. Iíll lead with the bad news first, however. At this moment, weíre having some trouble with chat services. This shouldnít last long, but if you hadnít already noticed, now you know! They wonít be working for a short time, but by the time you read this, they may already be fixed.

THIS WEEK
There will be another awesome stream this Thursday (8PM Pacific/11 PM Eastern)! So tell your friends, and be sure to pop on in for a Q&A session where you can get some sweet loot by just asking whatever you have on your mind! Check it out at http://twitch.tv/SouthParkPhoneDestroyer!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/875860982937014272/FFXrxPK0_400x400.jpg (http://twitch.tv/SouthParkPhoneDestroyer)

This weekend there will also be a Double PvP ticket weekend - all PvP packs will contain double PvP tickets. This was decided because we want players to have a weekend where they can get sweet bonus loot, but also not worry about playing with a deck that makes you less competitive in the rankings right before the reset.

Also in this vein:

NEXT WEEK

Next week, on February 1st, Legendary Players will have their ranks reset to Rank 50. The cutoff will be on February 1st at approximately midnight Pacific time. Your rank at that time will determine your reward tier. This was decided so that players can have as long as possible to try to secure that top spot. If youíre in Legendary, and not sure what prizes are available, go ahead and check out last weekís developer update. (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1826919-Developer-Update-Legendary-Rank-Season-Prizes-Balance-Update-Friendly-Matches)

https://i.imgur.com/9sq4ebj.png

NEXT MONTH

We have finally finished testing our next update, and it will be released on February 8th. This is NOT our Big Feature Update. This update is minor, and mostly technical in nature. There are several fixes you WILL notice in the February 8th update, however. If you have an iPhone X, you will notice that some bugs with the way the UI displays have been fixed. If you are a Legendary player, you will also notice after this update that when players attempt to Quitlock you, they will now receive a loss, and lose ELO rank. We currently have a list of players who have systematically abused this functionality, and are determining the best way to deal with those players. If you have done this, my recommendation is that you stop immediately as this may be factored in in your favor.

Next month, we will also begin releasing more concrete information about the upcoming features in BFU (Big Feature Update). We may even be showcasing these pre-release features in various livestreams, so be sure to tune in!

One minor teaser Iíll drop here today, however, is that after the BFU we have plans that will make every match feel rewarding - win, lose, or draw! This will also make matches feel more exciting, meaningful, and high stakes!

So what do we know about BFU so far?

Friendly Matches are coming!
Every match should feel more rewarding!
The first steps of moving critical components of PvP server side will begin!
Weíll know more soon!

For now, though, youíll have to wait just a bit longer until we start revealing all the juicy details of the BFU!

Thatís just about all we have this week! Until next time, Iíll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,
Steve🚀
(http://twitter.com/thatdarnsteve)

Hershalicious
01-24-2018, 05:21 PM
Hi Steve,

Great update and news! Two quick questions, what constitutes as a quitlock? There are various instances where you have to force close.. matchmaking error, phone locks up, it takes forever to get a match-up and you freeze and have to FC. So just wondering what constitutes as the Quitlock. Second question is, what is being done to identify and ban cheaters? This is one of the larger issues in the community and the one that seems to fall on deaf ears some times, the difference between letting everyone know that you are doing everything to ban and or identify cheaters as a whole is great. But what specifically is being done and or what can you do better to help us identify hackers for you. Emailing and or taking SS and sending through facebook is one thing, but what else is being done and how do we do that it is working?

Thank you

mdavismcso
01-24-2018, 05:41 PM
Iím also curious about this, I often when at work will have to close the app down mid battle because Iíve ran out of time on my break or something else has happened.

guest-RMKwAbx1
01-24-2018, 06:11 PM
First of all, thank you for finally announcing the official date.

However, this also points to really poor communications.

In the previous post you guys put "the week leading" or "leading up to the week" (somewhere along those lines, I am paraphrasing) to February 1st.

This created such confusion and anxiety among players for a week as to when the reward actually will be out.

I mean, this is not difficult at all to be concise and clear early on, this could have been announced long ago or your previous post should have never been so ambiguous.

Such poor communications.

CakDGr8
01-24-2018, 07:25 PM
Iím also curious about this, I often when at work will have to close the app down mid battle because Iíve ran out of time on my break or something else has happened.

Same. I often have to quit a match because of work or a phone call or other reasons that are way more important than a game on my phone and you can't always know the situations are coming. I really hope you're not going to punish people for that because it's a reality.

Zel4sh
01-24-2018, 08:09 PM
He said some ppl abused it systematically. Once in a while is not systematically.
Or do you want to imply that the game should be able to realize you cant play because of work or something, and not give you a rank down after you quit (when the patch will be up ofc)? Well, as you have said, there are things more important than the game, so why even care that you get one lose?

Oreo_Kamikazi
01-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Maybe you should fix legendary matchmaking and quitlocking will disappear on it's own. A lot of us just barely made legendary and then we get paired with top 50 players too often. In fact most of my legendary matches are unwinable. I don't have all the time in the world to try and get 3 wins for a pvp packpack.

CakDGr8
01-24-2018, 09:33 PM
He said some ppl abused it systematically. Once in a while is not systematically.
Or do you want to imply that the game should be able to realize you cant play because of work or something, and not give you a rank down after you quit (when the patch will be up ofc)? Well, as you have said, there are things more important than the game, so why even care that you get one lose?

Sigh... No I'm not implying that. I'm fine with taking a loss and dropping rank for it. I just don't want to be on a list where I'm banned because I had to quit the game for reasons already mentioned. I don't know if the list is specific to legendary and people quitting the game before it loads or if they're including people who quit the game during gameplay. He also didn't say what is going to happen to people on that list, just that they are going to be dealt with. I'm just pleading a case that may not be considered like the guy quoted above.

BigPinkFurryBox
01-24-2018, 10:16 PM
It's rather funny how easy and fast they can make a list of players who quit from battles and after so many months they still can't make a list of players who use hacks. Poor Steve, he thinks that he defends something, but boy, his fingers work for the prosecutor.

TachiKHT
01-25-2018, 01:28 AM
As a player who keeps losing in PvP, the only thing that is even interesting from this is how all the three types of pvp results will be rewarding. I doubt its lockers so it have to be something else.

CakDGr8
01-25-2018, 02:13 AM
"At this moment, weíre having some trouble with chat services. This shouldnít last long, but if you hadnít already noticed, now you know! They wonít be working for a short time, but by the time you read this, they may already be fixed."

9 hours later... Still down.

JMS84
01-25-2018, 05:50 AM
I just wanted to thank Steve and the rest of the team. The double PVP tickets event sounds cool. Other games might try and take advantage of the upcoming reset and do a event with random cards to drive up sales. So thanks for letting us battle it out for ranks.

Gotecs
01-25-2018, 03:17 PM
i think we need to stop investing in their game. I know i didn't bought anything for 2 reasons : 1 . i use a xiaomi and the purchase option was always bugged in the begging. 2 . too many bugs.

I also played Mu origins for a time, the developers were also not giving a lying uck about the bugs. so yeah.

Welcome to corporation. We actually don't care about the client.

phatseb
01-27-2018, 06:18 PM
I didn't realise leaving a game was a huge offence, I play when I have small pockets of time, I accept the loss but want to quickly get back to matchmake, can you please explain what the exploit is? Don't want to be banned for something when there isn't any other way of quitting the game, what about a concede button?

Fla74
01-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Maybe you should make a restriction on the number of card with 2 points energy you can use on your deck...
Basically all the legendary top 500 play with the same metadeck with adventure : sally, Wendy, Ike then sci-fi with butter, jimmy or fantasy with butter and Kenny...
If you can only play with 2 cards of 2 points of energy that will make more different decks, more strategies, more competitive games so more fun to play :)

BlueChullo
01-30-2018, 04:52 PM
I have started quitting games when I really suspect I am up against a cheater. Why should I be forced to continue playing that game under those circumstances? It would be reaally unfair if I was then further penalised for this. Please explain further what you mean by penalties for quitting the game early.

Desamation
01-31-2018, 12:29 PM
I have started quitting games when I really suspect I am up against a cheater. Why should I be forced to continue playing that game under those circumstances? It would be reaally unfair if I was then further penalised for this. Please explain further what you mean by penalties for quitting the game early.

I do the same thing Blue but that's not what he is referring to. It is ok to start a match, see how it progresses through engagement, and then quit if you realize that the match is too lopsided. The update addresses those players that quit BEFORE the match even begins. Many players will see the rank of his or her opponent and quit BEFORE the match begins. Essentially they for quit at the match introduction screen.

Hope that makes sense.