PDA

View Full Version : Parry changes

PanzerShrekonin
01-24-2018, 03:19 AM
Ok so, did they explain what they are doing to parry?

Even though im not sure what they will do to make it better.

Vrbas1
01-24-2018, 05:09 AM
We're not entirely sure yet. I think the devs agree a parry is altogether too rewarding, but no details beyond that.

bob333e
01-24-2018, 05:16 AM
Nothing's been confirmed, however most people are speculating that they'll remove the guaranteed GB on parry (you can CGB if your opponent attempts a GB right after parrying you). And I personally am hoping that they also remove guaranteed heavy on heavy parry / unblockable charged heavy parry. Guaranteed heavies are then only on light parry.

Crossing fingers for parry changes.

PanzerShrekonin
01-24-2018, 06:32 AM
Nothing's been confirmed, however most people are speculating that they'll remove the guaranteed GB on parry (you can CGB if your opponent attempts a GB right after parrying you). And I personally am hoping that they also remove guaranteed heavy on heavy parry / unblockable charged heavy parry. Guaranteed heavies are then only on light parry.

Crossing fingers for parry changes.

Wouldn't that be a nerf to berserker who gets the guarenteed heavy? Not all classes get it. Not even cent gets it. :(

Again, I wonder how this will change classes... this is a huge balance update that changes the meta for ALL calsses. I forsee alot more getting kills with light attacks instead of executions now.

Tundra 793
01-24-2018, 06:38 AM
Wouldn't that be a nerf to berserker who gets the guarenteed heavy? Not all classes get it. Not even cent gets it. :(

Again, I wonder how this will change classes... this is a huge balance update that changes the meta for ALL calsses. I forsee alot more getting kills with light attacks instead of executions now.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/41289873/youre-not-thinking-fourth-dimensionally.jpg

We'll probably see a number of reworks take effect before any definitive parry changes, and hopefully this will balance out any potential nerfs derived from those changes, and temper the pace of combat since heroes can't use parry to get into intense mix-ups.

PanzerShrekonin
01-24-2018, 07:21 AM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/41289873/youre-not-thinking-fourth-dimensionally.jpg

We'll probably see a number of reworks take effect before any definitive parry changes, and hopefully this will balance out any potential nerfs derived from those changes, and temper the pace of combat since heroes can't use parry to get into intense mix-ups.

Hey. Im all for changes to change up how the game plays cause I do agree that GB from a heavy parry is annoying, but if other things aren't changed it would be a horrible change to implement. We'll see though right?

Tundra 793
01-24-2018, 07:23 AM
Hey. Im all for changes to change up how the game plays cause I do agree that GB from a heavy parry is annoying, but if other things aren't changed it would be a horrible change to implement. We'll see though right?

We sure will, hopefully the devs will shed some light on what the reworks will entail on the Den tomorrow, until then all we can do is guess, and suggest.