PDA

View Full Version : Faction War balances

The_B0G_
01-23-2018, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure when exactly it happened but among one of the last updates something has changed for the worse in faction war.

I feel like having a low player count on your faction is too big of an advantage now, I honestly can't remember the last time I seen the Vikings under 30 territories. And once they go down to 30 they usually start their rise back up to the 50's.

Has the player count vs troops awarded been changed lately? I never seen FW so unbalanced since this season.

Also I was wondering if the rewards for faction war could include large steel rewards, for instance:
1st - 10k steel
2nd - 8k steel
3rd- 5k steel

Or perhaps more than that seeing how seasons are so long.

I wanted to suggest the steel rewards because after first place, no one really cares about 2nd or 3rd, all you get is crates, which basically no one needs, and a different colored emblem border which are getting so increasingly big it hides half your emblem design.

After Viking clinched the win I found no need of even placing troops any more and its not because I'm bitter about losing, it just feels like a waste of time.

With large steel rewards it would still be worth it to try to go for second place though.

Let me know what you guys think.

bob333e
01-23-2018, 11:49 PM
100% agree with your whole post. You got my vote.

Edit: I'd also add, off-season rewards and recognition should increase for the winning Faction. Publicizing stuff, spotlights, community corners, etc. For example, Samurai win a season, in the off-season hold a mini-competition on who's the best looking Samurai for this season, by public vote. And the winner takes some Steel. People like these sorts of things. And it further encourages each Faction members to actively participate in Faction War, because the off-season becomes a real good publicity timeframe for both the Faction and the individual heroes.

Also, shed knowledge on season rewards, what will we Knights get if we win a season, it's like setting a goal, 'oh damn I want that beastly ornament, let's win this one boys', the incentive becomes much more justified.

And please no more silly emblem outlines.

Tyrjo
01-24-2018, 09:12 AM
A bit of steel wouldn't be too much to ask for imo. It's quite a long effort for everyone.

I don't know how the formula works for calculating the faction war but could it be that the Viking players simply are better on average?

ChampionRuby50g
01-24-2018, 10:17 AM
A bit of steel wouldn't be too much to ask for imo. It's quite a long effort for everyone.

I don't know how the formula works for calculating the faction war but could it be that the Viking players simply are better on average?

It is because our Gods are the true Gods, and Odin gives me the battle smarts while Thor gives me the strength to slay the Weaboos and Tin Cans

But, I also think itís got a lot to do with how us Vikings deploy our assets. We put our troops where it counts and work well together as a faction. Much like a shield wall. But I certainly do think the efforts of 2nd and 3rd should not go unrewarded. The steel would be much welcomed instead of loot crates.

The_B0G_
01-24-2018, 02:03 PM
It is because our Gods are the true Gods, and Odin gives me the battle smarts while Thor gives me the strength to slay the Weaboos and Tin Cans

But, I also think itís got a lot to do with how us Vikings deploy our assets. We put our troops where it counts and work well together as a faction. Much like a shield wall. But I certainly do think the efforts of 2nd and 3rd should not go unrewarded. The steel would be much welcomed instead of loot crates.

Ok, that seems plausible, but why all the sudden in season 4 did the vikings get this newfound tactical awareness? They didn't win a round since season 1, now all the sudden they are unstoppable. I don't doubt they have better players on average but what I'm saying is, is the troop bonus they get for having the lowest player base a little much?

Do you remember the last time Vikings fell beneath 30 zones? The other two factions can hardly make it up to 30 zones, I don't know but something just seems off this season to me.

PDXGorechild
01-24-2018, 02:16 PM
Yeah I gotta say we had 52 territories the other day whilst the other two factions had about 15 each or something like that. Never seen any faction, even the vikings, on such an utter rampage until this season.

The sooner everybody joins Vikings, the better. Cause like, why wouldn't you? They're obviously the coolest, funnest and hardest.

Keep your Tuna fish warriors and the tin cans they come in.

The_B0G_
01-24-2018, 02:24 PM
Lol I almost switched to Vikings after the first season but decided to stick with Knights, been with them since the Beta.

If they destroy all next season too, we will see...

ChampionRuby50g
01-24-2018, 03:03 PM
Ok, that seems plausible, but why all the sudden in season 4 did the vikings get this newfound tactical awareness? They didn't win a round since season 1, now all the sudden they are unstoppable. I don't doubt they have better players on average but what I'm saying is, is the troop bonus they get for having the lowest player base a little much?

Do you remember the last time Vikings fell beneath 30 zones? The other two factions can hardly make it up to 30 zones, I don't know but something just seems off this season to me.

Now that is a question I canít answer. It does seem real strange that after 2 seasons of not making an impact we steamroll for 5 rounds straight almost. I canít say I understand the logic behind it, but if Samurai win next season? Itíll be a very strange coincidence.

FredEx919
01-24-2018, 03:33 PM
I'm not aware of any changes right now, but i'll double check in case there was something missed in the latest patch notes. Since Season 5 is coming up, i'm going to suggest catching the upcoming Warrior's Den episodes since we'll begin sharing a good amount of details on changes to things like Faction War.

GeneraISoIo
01-24-2018, 04:43 PM
They stated that the Vikings play more and win more. In my opinion if drastic changes aren't made, and the suggestions that The_B0G_ brought up were good and should be implemented. I feel that we need more of an incentive to play and a reward for loyalty. It's not my fault that over 4% of my faction stopped playing, and it's not my fault the networking sucks so bad that I only play PvAi, meaning I drop less troops. I am being punished, or I should say, my faction is being punished because I am playing the way I want. That is not right in my opinion. No matter the mode, you should be able to equally help the faction. Maybe once dedicated servers come out, this will be less of an issue, but changes need to be made. Currently, I could do without faction war.

Hormly
01-24-2018, 04:52 PM
Apologies, perhaps ill take a break and allow you tin cans and weebs to catch up 😊

GeneraISoIo
01-24-2018, 04:56 PM
Apologies, perhaps ill take a break and allow you tin cans and weebs to catch up ��

So constructive......

The_B0G_
01-24-2018, 05:10 PM
Apologies, perhaps ill take a break and allow you tin cans and weebs to catch up 😊

If you read my post you'd know the theory I proposed was less players is too big of an advantage, so not playing would only help your faction lol

Hormly
01-24-2018, 05:34 PM
If you read my post you'd know the theory I proposed was less players is too big of an advantage, so not playing would only help your faction lol

And i am clearly shedding light on the TRUE cause of the vikings domination.

😎

The_B0G_
01-24-2018, 05:37 PM
All hail the great Hormly!

Hormly
01-24-2018, 05:56 PM
All hail the great Hormly!

Thank you, thank you ^^

kidding aside though, you know next season everyones gonna jump on the viking bandwagon again and we'll get trounced as a result xD

GeneraISoIo
01-24-2018, 06:10 PM
Thank you, thank you ^^

kidding aside though, you know next season everyones gonna jump on the viking bandwagon again and we'll get trounced as a result xD

As long as it is not another "blow out" or victory within the first 3 rounds. Yes, this was in the fourth, but everyone knew Viks were gonna win by season 2. It seemed like every season got more and more unbalanced. The first two seasons seemed like the wins were more spread out across the factions, now it seems very lopsided.

The_B0G_
01-24-2018, 08:41 PM
As long as it is not another "blow out" or victory within the first 3 rounds. Yes, this was in the fourth, but everyone knew Viks were gonna win by season 2. It seemed like every season got more and more unbalanced. The first two seasons seemed like the wins were more spread out across the factions, now it seems very lopsided.

Yeah, like I said I don't think I've seen the Vikings go below 30 the entire season. It was just a slaughter, I hope they have more news for us tomorrow besides Bio saying "Dees guys did dis righ and dat right, Vikings win because better playors on averge".

I don't mind losing but the whole season was a complete blow out lol I'd like to know what they changed and what they are going to do to balance it a little better so the next season is a little more entertaining.

Ulrichvonbek111
01-24-2018, 08:45 PM

Indeed.....the Farcical War

As Johnny Rotten said in their last ever gig in Winterland
"Ever get the feeling you've been swindled"

GeneraISoIo
01-24-2018, 10:28 PM
I don't mind losing but the whole season was a complete blow out lol I'd like to know what they changed and what they are going to do to balance it a little better so the next season is a little more entertaining.

I agree, I want to know what they plan on doing to balance the war, not try and justify this blow out. And if they just say people stopped playing or deploying troops, then how you gonna fix it? It ain't my fault my faction quit, ain't my fault I play only PvAi because your game doesn't work. They need to answer this questions or get rid of the Faction War. IMO

Vakris_One
01-25-2018, 05:32 AM
The only comments we'll get from the Warriors Den is vague general statements like "the Vikings had more manual deployments." and another series of passive aggressive jokes about how they are still butt hurt that people think the Faction War is rigged.

Shiieet, if the faction war wasn't so rigged it'd be showing the true results:
1st place: Hormly
2nd place: Hormly
3rd place: Hormly's beard.

:p 😆

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 05:58 AM
By next round Vikings are going to be at 49 territories... two turns and they go up 20 territories... something is definitely going on here neither Knights nor Samurai could hold on to 1 spot in two rounds, there is still tons of time left in the round but I have a feeling they will keep on steam rolling.