PDA

View Full Version : Female Heros

PolishRifle81
01-23-2018, 07:28 AM
I would love to plat ok more but i cant stand that she is a female. They should to you choose between all sexes on heros

Tundra 793
01-23-2018, 06:00 PM
This has been brought up many times before, but I can't imagine the devs going back and redoing the male/female only heroes at this point. They made 'em gender locked for a reason, and the sooner we come to peace with that, the more fun we'll have playing.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
01-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Or this person can simply grow up, pick the female character and realize it doesnt take away from his assumed masculinity, and that despite what he may think, there were women warriors.

Hormly
01-24-2018, 04:45 PM
Nothing sexist about a man wanting to play a male avatar in a video game.

I am exactly the same way. Always have been, i never play female characters.

Pay no mind to the slander of the leftists

Tundra 793
01-24-2018, 04:50 PM
Woah easy fellas, it's just a dude wanting to play as a dude. Plenty of people have brought this up since day 1, no need for politics or sexism to get involved.

Hatred2016
01-24-2018, 05:09 PM
http://www.demotivationalposters.net/image/demotivational-poster/0808/kirk-lazarus-demotivational-poster-1218931580.jpg

BTTrinity
01-24-2018, 06:03 PM
It makes sense for some heroes to be only female though, like Nobushi shes a fighter based off a Samurai Clan that was ALL FEMALES known as the Onna-bugeisha, or Bushi for short.

CandleInTheDark
01-24-2018, 08:10 PM
Honestly I don't see ubisoft changing this, it would be like petitioning street fighter for a male chun li.

It makes sense for some heroes to be only female though, like Nobushi shes a fighter based off a Samurai Clan that was ALL FEMALES known as the Onna-bugeisha, or Bushi for short.

On the same note, heroes like the Shugoki could only be male because of the inspiration they took for him, others genderlocked are more flexible but ubisoft will have had reasons for wanting to limit the number of heroes they have to do two armour sets per gear set for so very much agreed that they are not and should not be expected to change them.

More on topic, if we are going by lore, Ari told us last thursday that peacekeepers' main job is coup de gras for people on their own side which is why Mercy is a little unhinged, so thinking they were people there who would fight but had an almost maternal role in helping their own pass over.

No problem with that at all, that is his choice but I don't think that gives someone the right to ask developers to go against decisions that they made for their own reasons. For me it doesn't matter, I have nearly all the female characters in rep 7 gear (Shaman excepting, waiting for dedi servers to get another five reps) and am male,

EvoX.
01-24-2018, 09:00 PM
Peacekeeper is petite, light and agile, fitting the hero's playstyle perfectly. I really don't think some flamboyant male would be a great alternative, so kudos for making PK female-only.

...and that despite what he may think, there were women warriors.

Barely.

Vakris_One
01-25-2018, 05:06 AM
Just draw a moustache on her and imagine she's a really short dude, like Tom Cruise. Problem solved ;)

Jazz117Volkov
01-25-2018, 06:05 AM
I always play with my Warden set to the lady. I just prefer the way she looks, and she's got that walk: sassy. Bro Warden's Monsters, Inc. silhouette isn't super appealing, if I'm being honest. Either way, this character clearly isn't me; I know a lot more about pressing buttons than I do about decapitating people, and I'm pretty comfortable with that, thanks.

ChampionRuby50g
01-25-2018, 06:42 AM
I always play with my Warden set to the lady. I just prefer the way she looks, and she's got that walk: sassy. Bro Warden's Monsters, Inc. silhouette isn't super appealing, if I'm being honest. Either way, this character clearly isn't me; I know a lot more about pressing buttons than I do about decapitating people, and I'm pretty comfortable with that, thanks.

My Wardens female too. I agree on the look, and I prefer her voice and actual voice lines she says on her moves to the male Warden. Male Warden sounds more like a gorilla grunting at times than a human lol.

Cliff_001
01-25-2018, 06:56 AM
I'm actually the opposite my warden is male mainly because he is my main and all my other characters are mostly female because like you guys I like their voices better like berzerker and Shinobi.

Jazz117Volkov
01-25-2018, 09:48 AM
My Wardens female too. I agree on the look, and I prefer her voice and actual voice lines she says on her moves to the male Warden. Male Warden sounds more like a gorilla grunting at times than a human lol.

haha, yeah. Everything Jennifer Hale is gold.

Tyrjo
01-25-2018, 01:11 PM
I like that some heroes gender locked, it adds to their personality.

PDXGorechild
01-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Get over it.

HazelrahFirefly
01-25-2018, 01:42 PM
I would love to plat ok more but i cant stand that she is a female. They should to you choose between all sexes on heros

Wow the cringe.

bob333e
01-25-2018, 01:46 PM
Male Warden sounds more like a gorilla grunting at times than a human lol.

It's because they're always so pissed that they don't have lower body armor, have recycled upper body armor with spikes, and they are the default test dummy during every hero's every execution preview.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/for-honor/images/e/e5/Wardenhead.gif/revision/latest?cb=20170308190847

Xil_h
01-25-2018, 02:06 PM
I always play with female Avatar, no matter the game. That's because I rather look at a sweet looking female as I consider myself hetero :D

ChampionRuby50g
01-25-2018, 02:26 PM
It's because they're always so pissed that they don't have lower body armor, have recycled upper body armor with spikes, and they are the default test dummy during every hero's every execution preview.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/for-honor/images/e/e5/Wardenhead.gif/revision/latest?cb=20170308190847

Hahahaha thank you for this reply. You made me laugh and even now Iím still smiling. That gif was the icing on the cake.

BTTrinity
01-25-2018, 04:42 PM
Peacekeeper is petite, light and agile, fitting the hero's playstyle perfectly. I really don't think some flamboyant male would be a great alternative, so kudos for making PK female-only.

Barely.

There were a lot, most female warriors dressed in a way that you wouldnt notice they were females because a female being a warrior was very looked down on.

BTTrinity
01-25-2018, 04:43 PM
I'm actually the opposite my warden is male mainly because he is my main and all my other characters are mostly female because like you guys I like their voices better like berzerker and Shinobi.

Male warden? No Pizza Combo? Literally unplayable

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
01-25-2018, 04:45 PM

It not that he doesnt want to play as a female its how its stated, "but I cant stand shes a female". So then guess what? Dont play her. Your thinking is the backwards way and the one catering to whining. The devs made the character, so either play as a female or dont play her. But dont come on here complaining and asking them to change a character design they clearly want.

Barely.

Barely, only one, makes no difference, there were, and are, period. My point is still 100% correct and your word "barely" is merely looking for plot holes.

SwellChemosabe
01-25-2018, 05:26 PM
I mean i play female characters and male characters alike, i don't really have an issue with either gender and i think the gender lock on some heroes really fits.

What i think some people might overlook is that throughout history we rarely do see female warriors because in the more prominent and popular civilizations that have existed, evidence points to a clear difference in the roles of either gender. Males were more seen as the hunters, the gatherers, the fighters, the kings, etc. whereas females were seen as delicate things that needed protection and should only be concerned with things such as marriage, child birth, maintaining a household or estate, especially if their spouse was away.

It was only in few lesser recognized cultures at the time that females could also play a more dominant role in their society. Prime example being spartan women; they may not have been full fledged warriors but they were taught how to fight and how to operate businesses.

All of that taken into consideration and returning to the point of the thread, the game is a work of historical fiction based off of three separate cultures that, in real life and as depicted in-game, existed at varying points in history. This game was also developed at a point in history where, and only recently compared to the entire history of the human race, both males and females are able to participate in the same activities without discrimination (ideally, we're not naive enough to believe that all people everywhere are considered or even treated equally 100%)

To some people it's considered almost taboo to create a form of entertainment with customization but not include aspects such as gender choice or race. Especially with most multiplayer games that allow gamers to create an avatar and assign it a look that they like and appreciate. However, when it comes to games that are based on history, people have to look at the difference between the product that depicts that time period and the time period itself to realize that realistically speaking it's not 100% accurate.

My overall point being is the developers created this game and made a conscious decision to gender lock certain characters based on the research they did and decided to keep those characters as close to the original depiction as possible. And to ask them to do otherwise would contradict the history and lore behind that character altogether.

As for whether or not you prefer male over female characters..........who gives a ****? If you want to play a male or female then play one of the heroes that is either gender locked to that specific choice or play a hero whose gender you can change. Don't want to do either? well, tough ****.

Cliff_001
01-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Male warden? No Pizza Combo? Literally unplayable
Lol well if it is my main character I want that character to be the most relatable to me as possible and I am a man after all. Also his lines are not terrible like you guys are saying just are different.