PDA

View Full Version : After which attack u get garantee grab !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No0b.Nr.1
01-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Means , when u block a attack, u can grab after that without regrab from opponent .

I know a few of them, but i would love when people just add to it , so everybody should learn it !

1.The jump light attack ( w+space+leftmouse / sry only PC ) from peacekeeper, walkur, gladiator .

2.The zone-attack of warden

3.The side-attack of kensei ( A or D+space+leftmouse )

let me know if u already knew this

SOMETHING ELSE ?????

bob333e
01-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Add:

- Valkyrie's side dash attack
- Orochi's Riptide Strike (block or dodge)

Not sure about Kensei's side dash attack if it does indeed guarantee a GB (I rarely block it, I often parry it)

ChampionRuby50g
01-22-2018, 04:04 PM
PK doesnít have a dodge light attack. Hers is dodge heavy.
Is walkur meant to be Valk?

It would perhaps make it clearer to understand what moves you meant if instead of typing button commands, say ďdodge, light..Ē
is A or D heavy attack?

Also wasnít aware that Kensei had any free GB moves. Knew the other two though.

bob333e
01-22-2018, 04:10 PM
PK doesn’t have a dodge light attack. Hers is dodge heavy.

It would perhaps make it clearer to understand what moves you meant if instead of typing button commands, say “dodge, light..”
is A or D heavy attack?

Also wasn’t aware that Kensei had any free GB moves. Knew the other two though.

Yeah he meant Valk, and A and D are left/right movement (WASD keys for gaming movement on keyboard instead of the arrow keys). He meant Kensei's side dash attack, dashing either left or right.

I do play games on PC, mostly classic games. I'm a heavy DOOM addict.

ChampionRuby50g
01-22-2018, 04:18 PM
Yeah he meant Valk, and A and D are left/right movement (WASD keys for gaming movement on keyboard instead of the arrow keys). He meant Kensei's side dash attack, dashing either left or right.

I do play games on PC, mostly classic games. I'm a heavy DOOM addict.

I wasnít thinking 😖😖 shouldíve known A and D been left and right, part of WASD. Have played PC games in the past but itís mostly been limited to Elder Scrolls games or Total War games. Rome Total War is one of my all time favourites.

bob333e
01-22-2018, 04:24 PM
I wasn’t thinking ���� should’ve known A and D been left and right, part of WASD. Have played PC games in the past but it’s mostly been limited to Elder Scrolls games or Total War games. Rome Total War is one of my all time favourites.

I'm still considering getting Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind on PC, from GOG. The very first Elder Scrolls I played was Oblivion. I completely missed out on Morrowind.

I used to play Starcraft, Warcraft, Titan Quest, Diablo, DOTA, and CounterStrike brawls with friends. Along with DOOM, of course, which I still play to this day. Can't ever have enough DOOM, baby.

Nowadays reinstalled golden classics, such as Unreal (the first one), Unreal Tournament, Shadow Man, Quake Gold, and the forefathers of isometric RPG, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. There's just never anything like these. Nothing can beat them to this day. Also Neverwinter Nights.

@M1N1-Oro also if you see Conq charging the heavy (spinning the flail in the air) I think it's a free GB provided they still haven't initiated the heavy.

No0b.Nr.1
01-22-2018, 04:37 PM
PK doesn’t have a dodge light attack. Hers is dodge heavy.

It would perhaps make it clearer to understand what moves you meant if instead of typing button commands, say “dodge, light..”
is A or D heavy attack?

Also wasn’t aware that Kensei had any free GB moves. Knew the other two though.

LOL, sry bro,
A D W S , left right up down,
Space : dodge
Mouse1 light attack, mouse 2 heavy attack,

ChampionRuby50g
01-23-2018, 01:26 AM
I'm still considering getting Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind on PC, from GOG. The very first Elder Scrolls I played was Oblivion. I completely missed out on Morrowind.

I used to play Starcraft, Warcraft, Titan Quest, Diablo, DOTA, and CounterStrike brawls with friends. Along with DOOM, of course, which I still play to this day. Can't ever have enough DOOM, baby.

Nowadays reinstalled golden classics, such as Unreal (the first one), Unreal Tournament, Shadow Man, Quake Gold, and the forefathers of isometric RPG, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. There's just never anything like these. Nothing can beat them to this day. Also Neverwinter Nights.

@M1N1-Oro also if you see Conq charging the heavy (spinning the flail in the air) I think it's a free GB provided they still haven't initiated the heavy.

I highly recommend you play Morrowind. Was the first elder scrolls game I played, and boy was it a blast. The story is amazing, the gameplay is a pure elder scrolls experience. If you can get past the old graphics (thereís probably a couple of mods on PC to help with that), youíll have one of the best gaming experiences. I canít get over the soundtrack as well, Bethesda really nailed it.

bob333e
01-23-2018, 03:39 AM
I highly recommend you play Morrowind. Was the first elder scrolls game I played, and boy was it a blast. The story is amazing, the gameplay is a pure elder scrolls experience. If you can get past the old graphics (there’s probably a couple of mods on PC to help with that), you’ll have one of the best gaming experiences. I can’t get over the soundtrack as well, Bethesda really nailed it.

I know, right? I've been hearing talk it's even better than Oblivion. Plus I'm a big fan of Dunmer (my first ever characters in both Oblivion and Skyrim were both Dunmer). And Morrowind is their homeland! And I'd like to lay eyes on an in-game Mount Doom (if it's visible/viewable in Vvardenfell).

And yeah I have no problems at all with graphics, I still play classics such as DOOM, Baldur's Gate, Planescape:Torment. All of which have more dated graphics than Morrowind.

mrmistark
01-23-2018, 05:30 AM
It isnít exactly a free GB but when I was a shugoki main, everytime I played an orochi and they blocked my light it gave them a free double top light. I literally couldnít do anything to them if they knew this little trick as they would simply refuse to do anything but wait for me to do something. Very annoying. People say a character needs an opener to be viable, in some cases I think other characteristics balance out the lack of an opener, but for shugoki in this circumstance proves he definately needs something. The orochi would parry the heavies, Block for free double light my light attacks, double light on reaction to my GB and easily dodge any demons embrace. Easily the worst match up for Shugoki if they know about this. Luckily not many people know about it though

Charmzzz
01-23-2018, 09:13 AM
Means , when u block a attack, u can grab after that without regrab from opponent .

I know a few of them, but i would love when people just add to it , so everybody should learn it !

1.The jump light attack ( w+space+leftmouse / sry only PC ) from peacekeeper, walkur, gladiator .

2.The zone-attack of warden

3.The side-attack of kensei ( A or D+space+leftmouse )

let me know if u already knew this

SOMETHING ELSE ?????

1. PK is a Dodge-Heavy Attack (as mentioned before) and is safe on block (except Conqueror who gets a free GB after any blocked Heavy-Attack). No free GB. Gladiator Dodge Attack is unsafe on block, not sure about Valk.
2. True, unsafe on block.
3. Kensei Dodge-Heavy Attack is safe on block. Not sure about Dodge-Light Attack, have to try out.

Tyrjo
01-23-2018, 11:45 AM
Good thread. Could use a nice summary though with the actual name of the moves from each class.

I can confirm that Valkyrie dodge attack (Hunter's Strike) and jump attack (Pouncing Thrust) are punishable with a GB.

guor6800
01-23-2018, 12:04 PM
3. Kensei Dodge-Heavy Attack is safe on block. Not sure about Dodge-Light Attack, have to try out.

Kensei dodge light attack used to be free Gb upon block but not anymore. They changed recovery time and can be chained in 3rd part of his combo..

Also since when kensei has a dodge-heavy attack? 😝

ChampionRuby50g
01-23-2018, 12:08 PM
I know, right? I've been hearing talk it's even better than Oblivion. Plus I'm a big fan of Dunmer (my first ever characters in both Oblivion and Skyrim were both Dunmer). And Morrowind is their homeland! And I'd like to lay eyes on an in-game Mount Doom (if it's visible/viewable in Vvardenfell).

And yeah I have no problems at all with graphics, I still play classics such as DOOM, Baldur's Gate, Planescape:Torment. All of which have more dated graphics than Morrowind.

Honestly, I would say itís better than Oblivion, but only just. It could just be my nostalgia as it was my first elder scrolls. I was a Dunmer my first play through on Morrowind, but ever since Iím every Elder Scrolls Iíve been a Nord, as they are the closest to a Nordic/Viking race in the Elder Scrolls world in terms of culture.

Battling-Blane
01-23-2018, 12:20 PM
It isnít exactly a free GB but when I was a shugoki main, everytime I played an orochi and they blocked my light it gave them a free double top light. I literally couldnít do anything to them if they knew this little trick as they would simply refuse to do anything but wait for me to do something. Very annoying. People say a character needs an opener to be viable, in some cases I think other characteristics balance out the lack of an opener, but for shugoki in this circumstance proves he definately needs something. The orochi would parry the heavies, Block for free double light my light attacks, double light on reaction to my GB and easily dodge any demons embrace. Easily the worst match up for Shugoki if they know about this. Luckily not many people know about it though

That's where feinting comes into play. If you opponent wont attack unless you do then you need to feint your attack. If you know your opponent is going to double top light then feint and block it or parry it.

My friend mains Shugoki and I main an Orochi, he is well aware of my double top light so I never get one onto him any more, if I use anything else he uses his hyper armour to trade with me. He uses parries to get me to start an attack or dodge, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but he is winning matches against me.

I hate fighting a Shugoki.

bob333e
01-23-2018, 12:36 PM
Honestly, I would say it’s better than Oblivion, but only just. It could just be my nostalgia as it was my first elder scrolls. I was a Dunmer my first play through on Morrowind, but ever since I’m every Elder Scrolls I’ve been a Nord, as they are the closest to a Nordic/Viking race in the Elder Scrolls world in terms of culture.

My first ever playthrough in Oblivion was Dunmer, then made an Imperial, then another Imperial (3 playthroughs). In Skyrim PS3 started as Dunmer, then second playthrough went Nord. Then Skyrim Special Edition PS4 I went with Nord.

For me, Oblivion still beats Skyrim by a good margin. It's part nostalgia, and part immersion in a world of fantasy. Skyrim at times feels like it's a failed mimic of a real-world Viking era. Oblivion keeps you sucked into fantasy through and through. Especially the Daedric Planes and the Ayleid Ruins. Even better than LOTR's Mordor and Rivendell (or, well, on-par with).

ChampionRuby50g
01-23-2018, 01:00 PM
My first ever playthrough in Oblivion was Dunmer, then made an Imperial, then another Imperial (3 playthroughs). In Skyrim PS3 started as Dunmer, then second playthrough went Nord. Then Skyrim Special Edition PS4 I went with Nord.

For me, Oblivion still beats Skyrim by a good margin. It's part nostalgia, and part immersion in a world of fantasy. Skyrim at times feels like it's a failed mimic of a real-world Viking era. Oblivion keeps you sucked into fantasy through and through. Especially the Daedric Planes and the Ayleid Ruins. Even better than LOTR's Mordor and Rivendell (or, well, on-par with).

Personally I was more wowed by Skyrim in terms of scale and all the sub-stories such as the Stormcloak v Imperial storyline (My ancestors are smiling down on me Imperial. Can you say the same?) but the main story of Oblivion is better I do say. Sean Bean as Martins voice actor was the most perfect choice, and really made you connect with the character. I remember at the end wishing there was a side quest where you could somehow find Martin again, just to hear his voice lol.

Also because Iím so fascinated by the Nordic world, I felt a bit more at home roaming Skyrim than I did in Cyrodill, although that world was amazing too. But damn man, thatís a pretty big call to be on par with LOTR. Thatís a world on a whole different level IMO, not much will come close to that in scale of lore and beauty.

To stay on topic, I did have a feeling Kensei was safe on all of his moves and nothing confirmed a free guardbreak. I wanted to test all of these but canít for a week as Iím currently on holiday in Bali.

Vakris_One
01-23-2018, 03:57 PM
Kensei dodge light attack used to be free Gb upon block but not anymore. They changed recovery time and can be chained in 3rd part of his combo..

Also since when kensei has a dodge-heavy attack? 😝
^ This. After they made a change to let Kensei chain into his finisher from a dodge light attack it no longer gives the opponent a free GB on block.

Kensei has no dodge heavy attack.

bob333e
01-23-2018, 06:41 PM
Personally I was more wowed by Skyrim in terms of scale and all the sub-stories such as the Stormcloak v Imperial storyline (My ancestors are smiling down on me Imperial. Can you say the same?) but the main story of Oblivion is better I do say. Sean Bean as Martins voice actor was the most perfect choice, and really made you connect with the character. I remember at the end wishing there was a side quest where you could somehow find Martin again, just to hear his voice lol.

Also because I’m so fascinated by the Nordic world, I felt a bit more at home roaming Skyrim than I did in Cyrodill, although that world was amazing too. But damn man, that’s a pretty big call to be on par with LOTR. That’s a world on a whole different level IMO, not much will come close to that in scale of lore and beauty.

To stay on topic, I did have a feeling Kensei was safe on all of his moves and nothing confirmed a free guardbreak. I wanted to test all of these but can’t for a week as I’m currently on holiday in Bali.

I'm still fascinated by both worlds. And the Planes of Oblivion bear so much resemblance to Mordor.

Lol yeah agreed, we almost turned this thread into a TES fanboying thread. I confirm Kensei has no unsafe moves on block (also he has no dodge heavy).