PDA

View Full Version : The A.I Should not be Emoting

Archo-Vax
01-21-2018, 10:30 AM
It's bad enough that the A.I is even as infuriatingly competent as it is. The Gladiator and Raider A.I, especially, seems to have been programmed for the soul purpose of being immense jacka**es. I could tolerate that. I could deal with that.

What I CANNOT deal with, is the fact that the A.I will Emote after they beat you! Honestly, who on Earth made that decision? That's just plain insulting!

I don't fight against the A.I for a challenge, I fight them to fill out Orders. I already don't appreciate being given a hard time by a glorified TI-84, but having that very same over-clocked calculator with a brain Emote at me is insult to injury! As if to say "I'm a real boy!", when it's painfully obvious that it's not, and that it's just a result of some random jobber at Ubisofts' dev team programming that behavior into its code.
For no good reason, mind you.

... I don't know why I'm talking about this here... I'm tired.

Jazz117Volkov
01-21-2018, 11:05 AM
Gladiators are particularly obnoxious, indeed.

One thing you can do is watch for their parry face. Feint and you'll notice they freeze up; without fail, the next thing you throw at them will get parried. It's very unnatural behaviour, and just a little bit creepy. When they do this, guard break them, they will counter GB always, but it should make them play again.

Bots are horrible at breaking turtles, so as irritating as it may be, sitting still and blocking can be a great way to defeat a deflect hungry assassin.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed, lvl 3 bots cannot be duped. If it is mechanically possible to avoid an attack or get a parry, they will. You have to stress the fcuk out of the systems to go toe-to-toe with these fcukers. Most things that work on players, even good players, don't have a prayer of working against a bot. 95% of all useful game knowledge versus players is redundant vs AI.

Treat them like the cheap parry hungers little sh!ts they are and turtle your way to AI domination.

For Honor AI
https://media.giphy.com/media/WLQ3qRdHXAMlW/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Kelson27
01-21-2018, 12:31 PM
Yeah I was thinking this the other day. I absolutely love that in Brawl, thereís kind of an honour code that isnít visible anywhere else in the game. Being that idiot emote guy over your defeated opponent is definitely frowned upon which is absolutely fantastic given the goings on in the rest of the game. But then you jump in an AI match and theyíll happily float and play silly buggers on your corpse all day long. Kinda sends the wrong message imo.

ChampionRuby50g
01-21-2018, 01:21 PM
So, when is it appropriate to emote then? Sure some emotes may be more salt inducing than others, and potentially annoying, but whatís wrong with an emote after a sold victory? Iím allowed to cheer and raise my poleaxe after choking someone to death. Itís simply celebrating my win, happy that Iím the one whose alive and ready to fight another day. Iím sure that in hundreds of battles in history and duels, even in the Collesseum the victor has raised their arms and bellowed in triumph at the sky so even the gods know of their win.

When it comes to spamming an emote over a dead body, now thatís a different story. That is, IMO, a show of disrespect to your opponent. Not a single emote done in victory.

bob333e
01-21-2018, 01:21 PM
I feel level 3 bots were only programmed mechanically, and the dogmatic side of the combat of For Honor has been completely left out. The dogma of the 'duellist etiquette'. Bots go the complete opposite way and will happily gank, ledge, and spam emote over your corpse. In any game mode. They'll go for the fastest kill any chance they get. I feel they programmed them that way to mimic the worst kind of players, as in, give you the worst kind of experience so that anything else you may experience in PvP couldn't be any worse (yet this still fails to a good extent).

As Kelson27 pointed out, it sends the wrong message across the board. Bots are doing their job combat-wise, but are failing terribly in several other areas.

Kelson27
01-21-2018, 02:12 PM
I agree, I should have been more specific, but yes the spammed emotes. The bots are fairly on par with the spam when it comes to emote throwing (even if they let them play out, its still over and over), but thereís something particularly off putting about an AI that robomatically parried and countered everything you threw at them, then refused to fight anywhere except right next to that ledge with his robot friends at his side - then throw four or five emotes over your lifeless polygons like a bunch of uppidy kids celebrating there hundredth ledge kill/ganking.

I think maybe thatís more why I kinda donít love it, theres enough sillyness going on in online matches, I tend to play ai when I want a break from that but then you get these weird flail on foot emotes and dropping sword weirdness happening after sometimes a cheap death and it doesnít fit the theme of for honour at all. Itís really at odds with the single player story and setting. Be kinda weird if in every game you played the AI sent you gloating msgs and hip thrust emotes after every time they got you... itís not weird for that angsty teen cod player though... strange archetype to mimic for ai!

Maybe itís revenge for the decades weíve been putting ai down without respect 😋

It irks me, not enough to ask for itís removal or anything, but if it was an option in the settings that sucker would be turned off, or at least toned down and a lil more real.

Alustar.exe
01-21-2018, 02:23 PM
They only times I've noticed I get parried often by level three bots is when I start to get predictable in my routine. Otherwise, it's not that hard to feint them or pull a reaction out. They are harder, yes. But honestly at this point 1 bot is just meh. The emoting I feel is done to **** with players. Don't let them get in your head.

EvoX.
01-21-2018, 03:15 PM
Level 3 Shaman or Aramusha bot... *shivers*

Vakris_One
01-21-2018, 03:54 PM
You're taking it too personally. It's just a bit of fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously. The AI is incapable of feeling malice towards us like another human can, the emoting AI's are a bit of a laugh in my opinion. I tend to get less annoyed that I got my butt handed to me when I see a funny emote spam from the AI.

UbiInsulin
01-21-2018, 08:34 PM
Counter-point: The AI should be emoting. :p

I know this is something that irks some players, but I think it's part of adding a bit of character to the AI. As Vakris said, "it's just a bit of fun." But I can for sure see how your enjoyment of the AI emoting is very dependent on context (i.e. how cheap you feel your death was).

JadeBosson.
01-22-2018, 07:35 PM
I hope this post is a oke lol

Cyricke
01-22-2018, 11:06 PM
You're upset that bots emote?

How fragile of a human being are you? Give the rest of us a break while you grow up.

ChampionRuby50g
01-23-2018, 01:48 AM
The A.I performing emotes is just a good way for you to view the newest released emote before you buy it for that hero.

Charmzzz
01-23-2018, 09:17 AM
Shaman Bot Level 3 is a real pain in the a**. Her Mixups are top notch. Hard to turtle against this little b*tch. :rolleyes:

Malyngo
01-23-2018, 10:44 AM
I think emoting AI is fine in principle.
What is a bit much, though, is how they spam the emotes. As soon as one emote finishes, they start the next one. This can be quite annoying and also takes out the weight of an emote and makes it meaningless.

Alustar.exe
01-23-2018, 11:47 AM
This should be taken a step further, and give the bots all the rainbow effects on emotes, just for ****s and giggles

bob333e
01-23-2018, 11:52 AM
This should be taken a step further, and give the bots all the rainbow effects on emotes, just for ****s and giggles

Actually, good point; I wonder why bots do not sport Mythic/Mask outfits and don't showcase effects. It would be neater and would make them less mannequins, and more human-like.

Also they need to change their entire naming conventions for Christ's sake. We need bot names that are Nordic, Central European, and Far-Eastern names. Not Need2EatLunch, St33LT03s, AnyoneReadingThese, Unsubscribe....

ChampionRuby50g
01-23-2018, 12:05 PM

Ahaha now that I could support. As Fady just touched on, always wondered why bots never sported effects. They have emotes, different executions, but no Hellfire. Iíd personally really like it.

The_B0G_
01-23-2018, 04:30 PM
I got killed by a player whos name start with Bo the other day and thought he was a bot, he started emote spamming me and I died laughing because I thought it was the AI for a second loll

Anything can be annoying if you're having a rough game though. Yesterday I got my *** kicked all day, I was pretty pissed getting off last night. But, another day, another execution am I right.

WoodDaGawd
01-23-2018, 07:35 PM
If bots are emoting on you then you should log off and sell your game

Just the fact that you think there should be some sort of etiquette in the game proves my point further

Funny stuff

bob333e
01-23-2018, 07:59 PM
you think there should be some sort of etiquette in the game

There is. It is, however, pure personal decision on whether to adhere to it or not. And whether you adhere to it or not does not differentiate you from the rest of the playerbase; you are a player just the same. Each plays in their own way.

But, bots still ultimately send a wrong kind of message across the board. When they emote, the emotes lose their meaning and relevance.