PDA

View Full Version : 30fps

floopy1962
01-21-2018, 10:18 AM
When r we going to see 60 fps on consoles? With ps5? O god i love that game so much but don't have 1000£ for pc and playing on 30fps is like torturing myself. Does someone remember they have promised split screen but they drop it 2 mounts before the release, and on the end of the day they can't manage even single screen what about split screen 😃 ubisoft... Same lies every time. I rather ****y graphics but 60fps, this is multiplayer only game god damnit.

Knight_Raime
01-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Never unless for honor 2 is a thing at some point.

floopy1962
01-21-2018, 04:31 PM
I don't really think that is going to happen.
Ubi is watching the sales and that is all that matters. Broken Gameplay leads to decreasing of player base and that leads to the death of the one of kind game.
Back in 2002 my fav game was called Rune and it was the only pvp, melee game and i waited so long for some new gen game like Rune, when i saw for honor i said to myself "that's my game" but after i both it and start playing it broke my heart... 30fps, seriously! Since then i stop playing games at all, once on a week i do a few rounds of titanfall 2 and that's it. I'm selling my console and leaving the gaming community becouse of ubisoft. I was just wondering why they decided to go for graphics instead of framerate? Ubisoft always disappoint us with the prerendered trailers like watchdogs, the devision and bunch more but they didn't do it in for honor but cut the framerate instead. Who needs a beautiful game that is broken. Honestly i was having more fun customizing in the menus then actually playing. Never got excited about any balance patch or deticated servers simply because i can't see the difference in 30fps, i can't see when the connection is lagging. Seriously so many people complain for nonsense op characters and the can't realize that the console is the problem and as the ps4 playerbase is 3 times on the pc one it's all one big mess. It's only pc players that can fully enjoy playing. I rather watch twitch instead but untill i save money to build a pc that game would be long gone.
So good bye community. Can't believe they screwed up.And people are worried about balance, like centurion... Just give me 60fps and i will beat his as*. Sorry for the language but that game it's all about rage :D

Tyrjo
01-21-2018, 06:09 PM

For Honor 2 is definitely plausible some time in the future. For Honor has been a commercial success in terms of sales. Probably 3-4M+ sold copies across all platforms is very good for a new IP.

Technically the network problems has hurt the IP, but the decision to move to dedicated servers tells me the chance for a follow up title is plausible. The dev time put down into making the dedicated servers has probably cost quite a lot. Taking this cost makes more sense if there is more content planned, either through expansions (read: more season passes) or a new title.

floopy1962
01-28-2018, 03:56 PM
For Honor 2 is definitely plausible some time in the future. For Honor has been a commercial success in terms of sales. Probably 3-4M+ sold copies across all platforms is very good for a new IP.

Technically the network problems has hurt the IP, but the decision to move to dedicated servers tells me the chance for a follow up title is plausible. The dev time put down into making the dedicated servers has probably cost quite a lot. Taking this cost makes more sense if there is more content planned, either through expansions (read: more season passes) or a new title.

I never been exited for the servers or balance changes simply becouse they are based for pc.. please ubi please... When all platforms have min 60fps then i can have opinion about balance. I currently have financial problems so i won't be able to build pc before September or maybe next year but the game may be dead by then and if not at least the player base will be much smaller witch breaks my heart because as i said i was waiting and dreaming sometimes for game like this. It's simple I don't give a sh*t about graphics... I want frame rate, i want to be able to react, able to see the parry arrows even against assassins. Pls ubi, u did make rainbow six to run at 60fps on console, why didn't try with for honor.
Pls ubi, pls.

Hormly
01-28-2018, 04:09 PM
If you want a proper gaming experience you need to ditch consoles, bottom line.

My rig is low to mid range and runs FH flawlessly.

ChampionRuby50g
01-28-2018, 04:16 PM

But with a PC I canít have a couple of mates over and sit on a couch relaxing with them as we take turns doing stupid stuff in GTA. To me thatís a proper gaming experience, and while I agree that if you want to be more of a hardcore gamer PC probably is for you. But you can still do that to some degree with a console. I have my Xbox One X set up on a desk connected to a 1/ms response monitor with an elite controller, but can easily town it down from my tryhard station to a tv and relax with it. Thy diversity is what pulls me into consoles.

Realistically Iíd like For Honor to be changed to 60fps on console but itís unlikely sadly. It would be a job almost on the same scale of servers, but potentially not as time consuming as itís not for 3 platforms.

SammyCannon
01-28-2018, 04:32 PM
When Sony can release a proper console.
PS4 is crap to be honest, could not even keep up with new games during launch.

So 30 fps, ****ty controler input lag, general lag and assassins is what we have to deal with :/. Maybe dedicated servers will help alittle bit.

Tundra 793
01-28-2018, 07:08 PM

That's a bold, blanket statement Hormly. Like Champion said, a lot of gamers feel that consoles provide a proper gaming experience for reasons other than FPS count or fancy graphics. I would argue that a "proper gaming experience" has less to do with FPS and graphics, and more to do with simply running games, new and old, consistently well. All the new consoles can do this just fine.
One only needs to look at the silly success rate of the Switch to know that PC gaming is not the pinnacle of the gaming experience.

Champion has a point though; The task of getting For Honor to run at 60FPS now, is probably just as big of a task as setting up the dedicated servers has been.

But just to be clear; Both the basic Xbox One and PS4 are quite capable of running games like For Honor at 60FPS.

floopy1962
01-28-2018, 07:20 PM
I can always connect my dualshock to a pc... And I'm going to be using 60hz tv so the couch is not a problem for gaming but it's true even battlefield 4 wich launched before the consoles was running on medium settings and not even 1080p.
I have that filling that ubi are not listening the customers at all, what ever they decide, that's going to be. They always come with awesome ideas but after the hame fails for stupid reasons they ditch that ideas forever instead of giving it second chance by listening some feedback. It's not just about ideas but can they deliver it, the only game i can think of that brings awesome new ideas but also deliver them properly, that's titanfall 2. Respawn is such small team but somehow they manage to listen to players wich is awesome, tf community is awesome. Pc player base is twice less then ps4 and 3 times less then Xbox, if they want to keep players they should downgrade the graphics or start working on for honor 2 for the next generation hopefully till 2020. Not even bill gates can make me believe that fps doesn't matter, why we didn't see any fps buff on the xbox one x and ps4 pro, because they know it and they keep that subject ona side.

Tundra 793
01-28-2018, 07:29 PM
I have that filling that ubi are not listening the customers at all, what ever they decide, that's going to be. They always come with awesome ideas but after the hame fails for stupid reasons they ditch that ideas forever instead of giving it second chance by listening some feedback.

I think It's important we give the team credit when It's due. They did listen to our feedback, and assigned a good chunk of their programming team to make dedicated servers happen for us most of last year, and they're just now in the final phases of realizing every For Honor player's dream of a stable, solid game.
This was a massive undertaking for the team, but they knew how important it would be to For Honor's longevity, and they made it happen.

Making the game run at 60FPS isn't a decision the team can make on a whim, and until after the servers are up and running without issues, it might not even be economically feasible for the team to assign another big chunk of the programmers to start that process.

But they absolutely know that a lot of the console players really want this, and they addressed it multiple times on the Warrior's Den last year.

floopy1962
01-30-2018, 02:34 AM
I think It's important we give the team credit when It's due. They did listen to our feedback, and assigned a good chunk of their programming team to make dedicated servers happen for us most of last year, and they're just now in the final phases of realizing every For Honor player's dream of a stable, solid game.
This was a massive undertaking for the team, but they knew how important it would be to For Honor's longevity, and they made it happen.

Making the game run at 60FPS isn't a decision the team can make on a whim, and until after the servers are up and running without issues, it might not even be economically feasible for the team to assign another big chunk of the programmers to start that process.

But they absolutely know that a lot of the console players really want this, and they addressed it multiple times on the Warrior's Den last year.

Let me ask you something... What platform do u play?
None of those matter in 30fps, and yep maybe is the community fault too, since the pc community may be smaller but it's stronger. And they can say if connection suck or balance is needed but with 30fps can't really see difference beside that the centurion is draining stamina like mf.
As u said the guys put a lot efforts on this and not only but the art team is amazing too it's just shame, it's shame that only small portion of the players can actually feel the game as it should be. And guys don't forget that the guys are getting paid for that, and I'm working my as* of to buy their products and find out that it's all a big fat lie as usual.
I'm completely aware it's way too late to do changes but i just want to keep the conversation and make it clear for ubi that pvp game should not be less then 60fps, yep the consoles are pretty outdated, as they were on release but they did show us the split screen yea ? So they did lie, they cannot support even single screen. And btw it may not be so difficult to do 60fps since they had time to do 4k version. F**k 4k, I'm ready to play on 720p if i have to...

Tundra 793
01-30-2018, 02:54 AM
Let me ask you something... What platform do u play?

Xbox One.

None of those matter in 30fps, and yep maybe is the community fault too, since the pc community may be smaller but it's stronger

I don't understand this sentence. How is the smallest community also the strongest?

yep the consoles are pretty outdated, as they were on release but they did show us the split screen yea ? So they did lie, they cannot support even single screen. And btw it may not be so difficult to do 60fps since they had time to do 4k version. F**k 4k, I'm ready to play on 720p if i have to...

Both the basic PS4 and Xbox One were both quite capable of achieving 60 FPS since day 1, admittedly at the cost of graphics most of the time, but still capable, and the games would still be perfectly pretty looking.
I won't presume to know or understand the difficulties in enhancing games for the more powerful consoles, but what I frequently hear is that "simple" upscaling of the resolution and turning on certain graphical qualities is what most games do for their enhanced versions.

What the developers have told us since last year, is that making For Honor run at 60 FPS is technically difficult, but not impossible. It was simply never a priority.

I tried answering the parts of your post I could, but I have to admit, I had difficulty understanding what points you were trying to convey.

EvoX.
01-30-2018, 03:40 AM
Not happening ever, I'd wager.

That's a bold, blanket statement Hormly. Like Champion said, a lot of gamers feel that consoles provide a proper gaming experience for reasons other than FPS count or fancy graphics. I would argue that a "proper gaming experience" has less to do with FPS and graphics, and more to do with simply running games, new and old, consistently well.

There is no such thing as a ''proper gaming experience'' and even if there was, consoles would always be secondary to PC, just like how an inferior machine will always be secondary to a superior one. Gamers and developers alike have long since evolved past the point of ''oh, I can run this well with 30fps, meh graphics, I'm satisfied'', that's not enough anymore, as well it shouldn't.

Tundra 793
01-30-2018, 03:48 AM
There is no such thing as a ''proper gaming experience'' and even if there was, consoles would always be secondary to PC, just like how an inferior machine will always be secondary to a superior one.

Just because one chooses to game on PC, does not mean the experience is any more proper. Games on PC are developed to run at lots of different hardware specs, many equal to, or worse than basic consoles.
Saying "I'm a PC gamer" doesn't equal 60+ FPS, and a smooth 4K experience.

What's more, in For Honor's case the majority of the playerbase is on PS4 and Xbox One. Clearly this majority is quite happy with the experiences provided by their consoles, inferior or not.

Gamers and developers alike have long since evolved past the point of ''oh, I can run this well with 30fps, meh graphics, I'm satisfied'', that's not enough anymore, as well it shouldn't.

I've only ever seen this argument made by commited PC gamers.

Is 60 FPS as a standard better? Yes, and developers should strive towards it whenever possible.
Is 30 FPs and "meh" graphics intolerable? Hell, no. Many award winning, critically acclaimed and if nothing else, fun games still run 30 FPS, and "meh" graphics.

Mia.Nora
01-30-2018, 05:30 AM
I play on a mid tier PC and my FPS is in range of 110-160. I tested it on my PS at beta, and the difference between PC graphics and responsiveness vs console was insane.

Actually when the game was still in preorder state I was under the impression that all platforms would play together, but it turns out to be.. well not a lie exactly, but just a gimmick marketing trick by selling faction war being shared on all platforms. I wish they would just fix console FPS and merge all platforms, but obviously they will never do that.

On a side note why the hell some people behave as if dev team is a group of volunteers dedicated themselves to this project?? They ****ing GET PAID to do this BY OUR MONEY, it is their JOB. And based on the rate of things went first year of the product, I can fairly say they suck at their job. If I take my car to mechanic and messes it up instead of fixing it after taking my money, I certainly would not give him credit for trying his best.

guor6800
01-30-2018, 11:21 AM
On a side note why the hell some people behave as if dev team is a group of volunteers dedicated themselves to this project?? They ****ing GET PAID to do this BY OUR MONEY, it is their JOB. And based on the rate of things went first year of the product, I can fairly say they suck at their job. If I take my car to mechanic and messes it up instead of fixing it after taking my money, I certainly would not give him credit for trying his best.

This. Imagine going to a fancy restaurant and the food you have been served is burnt up or whatever. Then you proceed to make complaints only to hear that you are overreacting because the poor cook did his best..

I mean seriously what's up with this attitude? Ubisoft isn't a company of volunteers. It's a damn triple A title company for God shake.

floopy1962
01-30-2018, 12:50 PM
I was trying to say that most of the community that is getting involved with the forums, discussions youtube videos are on the pc, and most of the console players don't give a sh*t even when they are 3 times more then pc. And yes guys 60fps is proper gaming not 30, say what you want, I'm gaming from 15 years. How can u guys tell that the black is white ? That's respond time, i can't even see the damn parry icon, it's so simple, on pc u can see 3 times more content for one second, how is that no difference!?! I can not simply recommend a 30fps online pvp game to nobody. I wish the fu**in youtubers and kids was not crying about the lack of single player, maybe then they could of focus more on the fps. Nobody is playing the campaign anyway. ( Worst dialogues ever :D) and these fancy youtubers like angry joe and etc. that was complaining about the lack of sp haven't touch the game after anyway. It's simple, we want 60fps that's all. Campaign was waste of time and money, our money.

floopy1962
01-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Yes I can't deny that they are working, i never so a game with so much content coming every two months, but that's like Painting a cheap, broken, old car with fancy, new paint. I have watched around 10 dev live streams but i have never heard someone mentioned a frame rate. I feel like that game is just a playground for their art team, which is not that bad but I'm tired of watching pc gameplay... I want to ****in play! I hope the guy responsible for the frame rate decisions will no longer work on for honor :) if i knew that is going be the case before the release i would start saving money for pc back then. Now it's too late, even if the game is still alive 2019 when i buy pc the old players are going to kick my as* anyway...

floopy1962
01-30-2018, 01:14 PM
If farcry 5 is 60fps that means that ubisoft are damn idiots for making online pvp game 30fps, and single player, co-op to be 60fps... Make no sense whatsoever... I love everything about for honor everything but my mind can not understand why, WHY, YYY!?!?? Ubi start listening to the community pls... Youtubers are not the whole player base...

Armosias
01-30-2018, 01:40 PM
You could also learn some parry timing to rely less your eyes, works well. And disable HUD will help reading animations.
Btw story mode was great.
Now I imagine myself bringing back my car after the mechanic had broken it, yelling "fix my fockin' car you're working for me you lier! It's so simple why did you broke it!?". Because that's how you behave now, and it's totally incorrect. Btw what's 60$ in your life?