PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE add in a slider to manually cap FPS

BTTrinity
01-20-2018, 07:57 PM
Title, the game is getting unbearable for me with all the FPS stutters. Jumping around 100-150(or 144 with triple buffering) isnt fun it causes micro-stutters and none of the in game settings help with this. V-Sync doesnt help in the slightest because it still jumping around 60-72...... Either way it causes microstutters.... which is bs my specs far exceed this games requirements. For Honor is the only game I have this issue with.

If you cant add in a silder, can you add in a few different FPS presets? 60-72-120-144-+

I highly doubt this will help in any way but:

Asus Sabertooth Z170A

i7-6700k 4.3ghz (Liquid cooled, so temps and throttling is not the issue)

Asus GTX 1070ti STRIX 8gb

1TB HDD (WD Blue)

16GB DDR4-2133 RAM

750W PSU

UbiInsulin
01-20-2018, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestion BTTrinity. What monitor are you using? I haven't explored this too much personally, but is GSync (https://www.nvidia.co.uk/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/) an option?

BTTrinity
01-20-2018, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestion BTTrinity. What monitor are you using? I haven't explored this too much personally, but is GSync (https://www.nvidia.co.uk/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/) an option?

No sir, GSync is not an option. ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms HDMI Gaming Monitor

UbiInsulin
01-20-2018, 08:33 PM
No sir, GSync is not an option. ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms HDMI Gaming Monitor

I currently can't access the FH .ini file (located at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\For Honor) as it's not installed on my work PC, but apparently a MenuFPSLock (https://steamcommunity.com/app/304390/discussions/0/1291816880496552404/) option exists. It's possible there's a similar option for actual gameplay, but I can't confirm that (and any value you put there would need to be valid, it can't just be a random number).

BTTrinity
01-20-2018, 08:37 PM
I currently can't access the FH .ini file (located at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\For Honor) as it's not installed on my work PC, but apparently a MenuFPSLock (https://steamcommunity.com/app/304390/discussions/0/1291816880496552404/) option exists. It's possible there's a similar option for actual gameplay, but I can't confirm that (and any value you put there would need to be valid, it can't just be a random number).

Ive already looked, theres nothing about framerate/fps in the ini besides the MenuLock

zno-
01-20-2018, 08:50 PM

This is happening regardless of rig setup.For me, with a much weaker setup playing at 50-60 fps, the drops are down to 5-15 fps. Only fixed by a re-boot.

Surprised that you never experienced this yourself UbiInsulin.

BarbeQMichael
01-20-2018, 09:36 PM
I have had microstutters, especially at the start of the match for about 2-3 months now. They appeared after a patch, and they are annoying as hell because even if the stutter lasts only 1 second, it is enough to **** you up in duels, especially when fighting someone with heavy punishes like cent or shaman. They usually appear mostly on the first 2-3 rounds, and even there at the first minute of a round.

1070 & 4690k here so i guess that should be enough for the recommended settings.

BTTrinity
01-20-2018, 09:47 PM
I have had microstutters, especially at the start of the match for about 2-3 months now. They appeared after a patch, and they are annoying as hell because even if the stutter lasts only 1 second, it is enough to **** you up in duels, especially when fighting someone with heavy punishes like cent or shaman. They usually appear mostly on the first 2-3 rounds, and even there at the first minute of a round.

1070 & 4690k here so i guess that should be enough for the recommended settings.

For me this all started when Shaman and Ara came out. It was doing it even worse on my 970, was hoping the 1070ti would fix the issue but to no avail.

SledgeGP
01-21-2018, 11:12 AM
When S4 came out I too have noticed dropps and stuff with my FPS.

In game I get inconsistent lag, sure. But the fps also fluctuate. Adding to the lagging experiance off the game. Not a horrible drop, But when added to the lag/delay, well i cant rly play 4v4s anymore. its impossible to time anything rly. in this case im w8ing for the servers, I can use a rest from the game anyway.

But what I have noticed the most is the enormus drop in FPS in the menus. In game i run at aprox 100-120 fps (GTX1060 1080p on a lower setting) when going to menus it can drop down below 10 fps. Ofcorse not a huge deal, its in the menus right. still quite annoying.

To put in as refrence i use to play the game at 1440p and at hi settings without huge problems. something happened around S4 that putting a bigger load on my system. I dont recall if it was S4 that added the new menu screens/animations to the game. The animated executions etc.

Anyone else have the same experiance?

Malyngo
01-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Doesn't nVidia have a fps limiter in their driver?

BTTrinity
01-21-2018, 04:32 PM
Doesn't nVidia have a fps limiter in their driver?

Ive looked all over, I only see different versions of V-Sync, which ive already tried and they dont help :(

BTTrinity
01-21-2018, 04:34 PM
When S4 came out I too have noticed dropps and stuff with my FPS.

In game I get inconsistent lag, sure. But the fps also fluctuate. Adding to the lagging experiance off the game. Not a horrible drop, But when added to the lag/delay, well i cant rly play 4v4s anymore. its impossible to time anything rly. in this case im w8ing for the servers, I can use a rest from the game anyway.

But what I have noticed the most is the enormus drop in FPS in the menus. In game i run at aprox 100-120 fps (GTX1060 1080p on a lower setting) when going to menus it can drop down below 10 fps. Ofcorse not a huge deal, its in the menus right. still quite annoying.

To put in as refrence i use to play the game at 1440p and at hi settings without huge problems. something happened around S4 that putting a bigger load on my system. I dont recall if it was S4 that added the new menu screens/animations to the game. The animated executions etc.

Anyone else have the same experiance?

I experience the stuttering pretty bad in 4v4's though not in the main menu (Menu is always 60fps)

SledgeGP
01-22-2018, 09:07 PM
I experience the stuttering pretty bad in 4v4's though not in the main menu (Menu is always 60fps)

Thats what you expect it to be.. but sadly not in my case. I need to do some more digging. to bad I have no ide where to begin.

No0b.Nr.1
01-22-2018, 10:05 PM
I have a limit in game option, and for sure has nvidia a fps limit aswell. hmmmmmm :confused::confused:
And if u have windows 10, i might know where ur problem is ! Just open task-manager while u r in game and look which ....exe eat the most of ur cpu / ram. make sure ur windows run light . make ur windows on best perfomence ,it should slow down process like, desktopwindowmanager .exe . which has very high usage like all time.
If u have anti virus , it should caus fps problems too.

For me i have 144 gsync and a perfect 144 fps as well, with i7 and gtx 1080. and everything works fine ( thx to gsync )

No0b.Nr.1
01-22-2018, 10:08 PM
Nvidia control panel >>>>Display>>> Resolution and right to resolution u have fps limit !

No0b.Nr.1
01-22-2018, 10:12 PM
How u make ur windows run with best perfomence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKulW9yenC0 ,

BTTrinity
01-22-2018, 11:20 PM
Nvidia control panel >>>>Display>>> Resolution and right to resolution u have fps limit !

Its really inconvenient that Ill have to change my refresh rate just for For Honor.... Especially when most games just have an FPS limiter (On top of refresh rate and resolution settings)

I've looked into Windows performance, my CPU and RAM use is fine (75%-80% on CPU - 40% RAM, my GPU is doing most of the work (like it should) done literally everything I could in this regard. thank you though, I do appreciate it.

Also, it was never an issue before S5 not even on my 970. (I have 1070ti now)

SledgeGP
01-23-2018, 08:46 PM
Thats what you expect it to be.. but sadly not in my case. I need to do some more digging. to bad I have no ide where to begin.

Okey. I have been doing some digging. And I found a video on youtube (lol no **** right!)

Long story short. It showed you how to optimize windows 10 for gaming.

Main thing for me I think was the fact that most of my drivers where out of date.

Menu Fps is now okey. Can drop down to 30 when loading something. But for the most part its at 60. Benchmark is running an average of 128 fps.