PDA

View Full Version : Behind the other helm

Jazz117Volkov
01-20-2018, 03:55 AM
The most likely reason you lost a fight is because the other player was better, or saw an opportunity in which you were the victim, and took it.

This has nothing to do with balance.

If we're talking about player skill, timing, spacing, baiting, and positioning will win a fight before any particular hero trait comes into play.

We do have the problem children, but even then, I've seen players who complain bitterly about Centurion pick him up for an "easy win" and get destroyed. Abusive as his combos may be, the kit does require a moderate amount of mastery to perform well (especially with that health pool). The issue there was what a good player could achieve against another good player after that kit was mastered. But this received attention and it's more acceptable now.

And I'm not trying to call anyone out, but just this morning I've seen multiple requests for nerfs and buffs on the same hero by players who either lose to said hero or lose as said hero. Maybe stop asking for adjustments and actually learn how things are. And I don't mean the abstract version where player error means a broken game. Player error means you screwed up.

Another example of this is the Warden zone. I have a friend who doesn't really like Warden (he's probably been killed by a lot), and often he'll say "just use your zone" because he has the perception that it's a special overpowered move. I don't use it because it's a death sentence against someone who understands the kit. It's the definition of an unsafe move. This doesn't translate to someone who only ever gets killed by Wardens (and refuses to learn the moveset).

Practice the game more; ask for help. Don't demand nerfs or buffs because you're getting beaten. You're getting beaten because your opponent is better at the game.

As an aside, and I don't want this topic to be about Shaman (it's about giting gud, if you're so inclined), Shaman is an exception in that I've not met any competent player who couldn't destroy veterans after just having picked her up. That kit has better versions of many of the strongest moves from most of the cast. Now, I'm not calling for nerfs or whatever, even though there's probably some on the way, I am simply drawing attention to the power of that kit.

David_gorda
01-20-2018, 04:06 AM
I beat a prestige 18 pk total prestige 40. And i used My prestige 2 conq total prestige 118 on console. So worst Class beat the best Class in a Duel? Yes but it was because i was the superiour player. I have lvl 13 pk and a Prestige 13 highlander. Guess what character i would use in a competetive tournament tomorrow if someone asked me to chose between highlander and pk? Exactly pk, its huge balancing problems in for honor but If you are good and your opponent is a noob you will win No matter what Class you play.

Tundra 793
01-20-2018, 04:10 AM
You've written out what I've been thinking for months, so much more clearer and concise than I ever could. You're absolutely right.

One thing I'd like to add, is there exists more than 2 nuances of game balancing. It does never boil down to just "nerf this" or "buff that". Saying something should be nerfed, or buffed is as useful to the developers and community as telling us what you had for dinner Christmas eve 1997. The developers need all the relevant, researched information you can supply them with.
Dig deeper, examine the finer points of what's troubling you, if there's a solution; Learn it. If you can't, ask for help.

Don't just cry out for nerfs and buffs.

ChampionRuby50g
01-20-2018, 04:47 AM
Imagine the productivity and how much better all the discussions would be on the internet, not just these forums, would be in relation to games if more people understood what you just wrote Jazz. I feel that a lot of it stems from a entitled attitude, that because ďIím me, Iím really good at this game and I shouldnít be losing to other peopleĒ, instead of ďmy opponent was actually pretty skilled and outsmarted me here, maybe I should take something from this loss and try something different, I made a few mistakes and I shouldnít next time.Ē

Rebalancing doesnít happen overnight either, which a lot of people donít seem to understand and Tundra seemed to experience on some other threads 😏. Rebalancing is a painstaking process, as the team needs to get it right, or as close to right, as possible the first time. As mentioned, gathering all the relevant data and then going through that and then deciding the best course of action to take takes time, then actually coding and implementing those changes longer still. In some cases *cough* Centurion *cough* the rebalancing did take far too long as there was tons of info and outstanding suggestions on these forums, let alone reddit and other communities. I wonít understand why it took a season and a half to change him, but it has seemed like the team has really been learning and evolving as the game has gotten older, and their decisions relating to balance has improved I feel.

When it comes to players, a lot of fault comes from us. Not saying that balance isnít needed on heroes, but a lot of the time the cries for nerfs are really unjustified. Once upon a time I wouldíve been crying for a Beserker nerf, near the start of the games life, but looking back on it I realised that was because I didnít understand how the Beserker played and what I should be doing to counter that. Now I do know, I rarely have problems with Beserker. Same can be said for the rest of the cast. For Honor isnít a regular game you can pick up and ďgit gudĒ at in a few days, it takes weeks or perhaps even months in some cases to start really performing well at this game. One of the many reasons I love playing it, despite the faults.

Alustar.
01-20-2018, 02:47 PM
I agree wholly here with the execution of shaman. In the few group matches I run with friends in my party the vets I play with have no problems countering shaman. Hell one of them outright said parking to counter what I did put them maps and blinds above any new shaman player.

The Nerf talk is getting a little much.

BTTrinity
01-20-2018, 04:35 PM
You cant deny, that some of the OG heroes just have a lot less to work with than other heroes. Berserker is at a huge disadvantage to someone who doesnt parry, because he has no way to deal damage to someone who only blocks (which is why hes getting his rework) so keep things like this in mind. Some classes literally cant do anything to these people.

MassiveD.
01-20-2018, 04:40 PM
The most likely reason you lost a fight is because the other player was better, or saw an opportunity in which you were the victim, and took it.

If we're talking about player skill, timing, spacing, baiting, and positioning will win a fight before any particular hero trait comes into play.

We do have the problem children, but even then, I've seen players who complain bitterly about Centurion pick him up for an "easy win" and get destroyed. Abusive as his combos may be, the kit does require a moderate amount of mastery to perform well (especially with that health pool). The issue there was what a good player could achieve against another good player after that kit was mastered. But this received attention and it's more acceptable now.

And I'm not trying to call anyone out, but just this morning I've seen multiple requests for nerfs and buffs on the same hero by players who either lose to said hero or lose as said hero. Maybe stop asking for adjustments and actually learn how things are. And I don't mean the abstract version where player error means a broken game. Player error means you screwed up.

Another example of this is the Warden zone. I have a friend who doesn't really like Warden (he's probably been killed by a lot), and often he'll say "just use your zone" because he has the perception that it's a special overpowered move. I don't use it because it's a death sentence against someone who understands the kit. It's the definition of an unsafe move. This doesn't translate to someone who only ever gets killed by Wardens (and refuses to learn the moveset).

Practice the game more; ask for help. Don't demand nerfs or buffs because you're getting beaten. You're getting beaten because your opponent is better at the game.

As an aside, and I don't want this topic to be about Shaman (it's about giting gud, if you're so inclined), Shaman is an exception in that I've not met any competent player who couldn't destroy veterans after just having picked her up. That kit has better versions of many of the strongest moves from most of the cast. Now, I'm not calling for nerfs or whatever, even though there's probably some on the way, I am simply drawing attention to the power of that kit.

https://i.imgur.com/0GiCAPS.jpg

ArchDukeInstinct
01-20-2018, 08:34 PM
It's time for positive adjectives not negative ones.

CandleInTheDark
01-20-2018, 10:53 PM
Very much agreed, there are times you are only going to really learn how to fight some characters by playing against bots or by playing as them even if only against bots. There might well be some things that need balancing over time but get the learn to play stuff down first.

bob333e
01-21-2018, 12:46 PM

Thank you. For writing this. It was so beautiful to read.

https://rameycognitionlab.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/welles-slow-clap.gif?w=610

This is my favourite part. This, is raw, rough, crystalline foundational combat knowledge. In my mind's eye, the player is the weapon. The player is what is deemed hard to beat, difficult to counter. Regardless of character used. You can be a total arse and use the best and most OP hero and fail miserably; and you can be a random unknown hermit who's a masterful duellist and use the worst and sloppiest hero and be unstoppable.

I had a clear-cut case of this scenario most notably in DS2 PvP. In the Brotherhood of Blood's arena. Almost everyone you'd duel are meta worshippers, going for stack buffs on Sunlight Straight Sword / Santier Spear / Red Iron Twinblade / Mastodon Halberd / Syan Halberd, with an offhand Crystal Rapier / Greatlance / Estoc. I still vividly remember the day when I walked in there with nothing but dual-wield Broken Thief Swords. The only buffs being my rings, Ring Of Blades +2 and Stone Ring. On that day, I had beaten 4 different meta-heavy players sporting Sunlight Swords, Dark Chimes of Want +5, Jester chestpiece, and one of them had Syan Halberd. Buffed to their teeth. All four of them were level 3 in the covenant, glowing red-white. Back then I was still kinda unaware of this concept. I was simply using the Broken Thief Swords because I deeply enjoyed them. And when I enjoy a weapon, I savor each duel and take it to heart to master what I am using.

It still happens to a degree in DS3. You'll often find me using Executioner GS, Follower's Torch, Glaive, Lionheart... uncommon weapons in the everyday PvP of DS3, where everyone are Dark Sword, Estoc, Ringed Knight PGS, Gundyr Halberd, Murakumo, Exile CGS.... and beating them to a pulp.

In the case of For Honor, what really helped me were the level 3 bots. Mastering your own timing and spacing against them, is a sublime feel. When I actually started delving into PvP, the learning curve became steeper as I was dealing with added spam and cheese, that the bots do not do. It's a beautifully mixed experience. Level 3 bots teach you timing, feinting, spacing and positioning better than human players do; and human players teach you baiting and countering better than bots do. This is where the thin red line is drawn. This is where all the crynerfers and whiners failed to reach, and declined to adapt and learn.

What these people are falling bait to, in For Honor, is what I'd like to call collective cognitive dissonance. These people jump on forums and discussion boards and Youtube, see talk of an "OP hero whose kit is super strong and kills in 2 combos", go pick that hero to score easier kills. When they get countered and beaten by another hero, they'll claim this OP hero is 'trash and needs a buff', and that the opposing hero is "too OP and needs a nerf". These people, ultimately, do not hold a position or judgment of their own. They'll just go with whatever is OP, and they'll just trash-talk whatever is labeled "trash-tier" on public discussion boards. They do not realize, it is them who are at fault, not the hero they are choosing, or the hero they could not beat.

For Honor requires a fair bit of dedication from a player to a specific hero, to learn that hero really well. And contrary to popular belief, in that reputation level is all that says about skill with a given hero, it is the amount of training done, and not the amount of gameplay done, that amounts to the skill with a specific hero.

What do these people seek in PvP? fame? recognition? become undefeated gods? salt? all these are petty, feeble, weak-founded, and short-ended goals. All these ultimately amount to nothing. You'll be forgotten 10 minutes later. Write hatemail, you'll be forgotten tomorrow. Make a youtube showoff video, you'll be forgotten once a different showoff video by another person shows up. Stream-snipe a popular Youtuber and duel them, they'll forget you in an hour.

How these people establish PvP in their own worlds, are mirrored existences wherein they are much stronger avatars of their weaker real-life counterparts, and they must not, at any cost, allow their digital avatars to become weak or reflect weakness. They do not stand losing. They do not accept that they suck at the game, they cannot stomach the thought that someone is better than them and defeated them. Should this happen, it's the game's fault. It's the hero's fault.

In the vast sea of tears and salt wherein you swim amidst a chaos of juvenile mannerisms and deafening smug grievances, you will still come across a small handful of true-spirited individuals whose ultimate desire is solely to enjoy the combat, the fighting, of For Honor, and take it upon themselves to become better fighters than the ones they were yesterday, through sheer practice, training, self-recollection, and self-judgment. Very much like you, my friend, and some others on here, the company of whom I ecstatically enjoy.

Beers are on me next time you write up such a beautiful post.

ChampionRuby50g
01-21-2018, 01:13 PM
I heard the word beer... Iím there. Beer is an Aussies milk in their cereal. But, if Iím not mistaken, it says Jazzís location is Queensland. Plz donít say you drink 4X if you do drink at all Jazz.

BarbeQMichael
01-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Obviously, the most important factor defining the outcome will be your overall skill in the game, including, but not limited to reaction times, knowing kits and what a hero can do and what not, etc. But also as an important factor comes your choice of the hero you play with. Not all heroes are born equal.

I like to think an hero's "goodness" as a skill multiplier. With completely arbitrary numbers just for reference, say we have shaman, pk, glad with multiplier of 1,3 and kensei, HL as 0,8. As a simplified formula, your overall effectiveness would be: PlayerSkill * HeroSkillMultiplier = Total Effectiveness. Here we see that it is entirely possible for a player with lower technical skill still be more effective (=win more) by choosing a better hero, than a better player who plays not-so-good hero.

In reality those numbers are of course not so blatantly different and your own skill is the most important factor, but with players close to each other (in same skill bracket) the choice of hero plays a very important factor in defining the outcome.

ChampionRuby50g
01-21-2018, 01:33 PM
To piggy back a little of BarbeQ, who I think just made a good point, it also depends on hero matchup. Centurion is a strong hero, I think the general consensus is, but when he is fighting a Conq the Cent is handicapped, as you could argue heís a hero who relies heavily on his heavies. Sure a skilled Cent player can work around it, but they arenít at a hero based advantage and thus would need to use more skill to win.

Jazz117Volkov
01-22-2018, 06:19 AM
I'm glad this sort of thinking resonated here.

You've written out what I've been thinking for months, so much more clearer and concise than I ever could. You're absolutely right.
Thank you. I do try to be concise.

One thing I'd like to add, is there exists more than 2 nuances of game balancing. It does never boil down to just "nerf this" or "buff that". Saying something should be nerfed, or buffed is as useful to the developers and community as telling us what you had for dinner Christmas eve 1997. The developers need all the relevant, researched information you can supply them with.
Dig deeper, examine the finer points of what's troubling you, if there's a solution; Learn it. If you can't, ask for help.

Don't just cry out for nerfs and buffs.Yeah, absolutely.

"This is bad" doesn't actually say anything. "Why" is the only thing that matters, and if the only reason why is "because I lost" then the thing in question is maybe not what is bad.

Imagine the productivity and how much better all the discussions would be on the internet, not just these forums, would be in relation to games if more people understood what you just wrote Jazz. I feel that a lot of it stems from a entitled attitude, that because “I’m me, I’m really good at this game and I shouldn’t be losing to other people”, instead of “my opponent was actually pretty skilled and outsmarted me here, maybe I should take something from this loss and try something different, I made a few mistakes and I shouldn’t next time.”
Yeah, indeed.

It's also the fault of games though--the game's industry. A lot of mainstream titles are designed to be, if you can forgive the term, power fantasies. You play games to win, right? But not just win, you play to dominate, to be powerful, to overcome huge obstacles...by pressing a button. This mentality has bled into all facets of design. Just listen to the suits talk about microtransactions; they don't go five words without "empower", "decision", "control", and some variation of "wish fulfillment" being weaved into their message. Like Shadow of Mordor, one interview I saw had the guy saying (paraphrasing) "Buying loot boxes is the same as "dominating" orcs on the battlefield". Like, what? The focus on this stuff in mainstream gaming is borderline creepy.

I heard the word beer... I’m there. Beer is an Aussies milk in their cereal. But, if I’m not mistaken, it says Jazz’s location is Queensland. Plz don’t say you drink 4X if you do drink at all Jazz.
Haha, nah mate, I wouldn't touch the stuff.
More of a dark 'n stormy guy.

Beers are on me next time you write up such a beautiful post.
haha, thanks mate. You're welcome.

I didn't really delve into Dark Souls pvp until 3. Just never cared for it in the other titles...that wasn't why I like the games. Which ties into my dislike of the "souls-like" labeling going around at the moment. "Souls" to me is the setting and the lore. The gameplay is pretty amazing, yes, but that's only part of why I keep going back. And since For Honor, the PvP is pretty dull. I need my feint button.

I know what you mean though. One of the most fun PvP builds I had was my Black Knight cosplay. The BKS and shield were amazing.

ChampionRuby50g
01-22-2018, 07:02 AM
Yeah, indeed.

It's also the fault of games though--the game's industry. A lot of mainstream titles are designed to be, if you can forgive the term, power fantasies. You play games to win, right? But not just win, you play to dominate, to be powerful, to overcome huge obstacles...by pressing a button. This mentality has bled into all facets of design. Just listen to the suits talk about microtransactions; they don't go five words without "empower", "decision", "control", and some variation of "wish fulfillment" being weaved into their message. Like Shadow of Mordor, one interview I saw had the guy saying (paraphrasing) "Buying loot boxes is the same as "dominating" orcs on the battlefield". Like, what? The focus on this stuff in mainstream gaming is borderline creepy.

Haha, nah mate, I wouldn't touch the stuff.
More of a dark 'n stormy guy.

Thatís true. Game designers have started going for that design model more often than not, as they know that a lot of gamers are very competitive, much like myself. I do play to win, but I can have fun and donít cry at every loss. Iím just glad the gaming community is finally taking a stand against this, with Star Wars Battlefront 2 been a catalyst, and the Destiny 2 debacle getting worse every passing day.

Shadow of War micro transactions are the biggest joke. It literally takes away the funnest part of the game, killing orcs to get stronger. The thing is, that guy was exactly right. You could buy loot boxes and become the strongest Aragorn look-alike within a matter of minutes, instead of journeying with the hero and becoming stronger naturally as it should be. It just aimed at those players who arenít patient enough and want to be that powerful beast instantly. Thereís no satisfaction in that.

What platform do you play on by the way?
But boy am I glad to hear you donít touch 4X. 3.5%? Itís basically water.

Tyrfing_.
01-22-2018, 01:31 PM
Thanks Volkov for the thread. I very much agree with it.

For Honor creates a high level emotion (one reason I like playing it, coming from MMOs that require endless boring grind for reputation marks... snooze...)
Excitement, happiness and pride as well as anger and rage. - I also threw my controler in the corner more than once.
And like in any sport it is often seen as the revs fault right after your team was beaten. Sitting back and analyzing the match however, you usually realize that it could have been won in many occasions - just needed to play better.

Think its human and we have to live with all the nerf/buff threads. Just dont listen to most of them and get back to fighting.

Jazz117Volkov
01-22-2018, 02:06 PM
@ChampionRuby50g
A bit of competition is healthy, really. I mean, I play to win too. I suppose my point is it's also healthy to manage your expectations. When so much surrounding a title sells you the idea that you win by default, loss can be jarring. That's what feeds so much of the, shall we say "passion" in some of these discussions, I think. Consistent losing can be draining, and sometimes it's simply because the situation is impossible. I've been in a lot of Dominion matches were all three of my team are the lower side of Rep 2 and the least experienced of the other team is triple digits. It's like getting mad at the sun setting.

As for shady business practices; yeah, it's about time the noise became audible. I still hate that For Honor has microtransactions, which butcher the progression system. Everything is geared around Steel; everything is obtainable with Steel. Things like executions and ornaments should absolutely be reputation rewards, but no, anyone can walk into the game and drop $50 on the hero of their choosing to acquire just about anything. You can even buy Feats for Steel before reaching Rep1. It's madness.

@Ragnaroek
This is true; For Honor is all about the emotions of battle. The press campaign for the game was showered in "the emotions of battle" talk.

And I know what you mean about MMOs. There's a lot of quality in some of them, but they're part of a group of games I just don't find myself drawn to. I feel like why I'm clicking in the UI the game has played itself and I've missed what I came there for. For Honor sits on exactly the opposite side of the spectrum; the side I am drawn to.

bob333e
01-22-2018, 02:20 PM
As for shady business practices; yeah, it's about time the noise became audible. I still hate that For Honor has microtransactions, which butcher the progression system. Everything is geared around Steel; everything is obtainable with Steel. Things like executions and ornaments should absolutely be reputation rewards, but no, anyone can walk into the game and drop $50 on the hero of their choosing to acquire just about anything. You can even buy Feats for Steel before reaching Rep1. It's madness.

I hate, hate, HATE it so much. This entire F2P MMO system. Along with the RNGfest.

I hate it.

ChampionRuby50g
01-22-2018, 02:26 PM
edit: The forums are currently doing their best Ubisoft QA impression. This is a textwall until they stop.@ChampionRuby50g A bit of competition is healthy, really. I mean, I play to win too. I suppose my point is it's also healthy to manage your expectations. When so much surrounding a title sells you the idea that you win by default, loss can be jarring. That's what feeds so much of the, shall we say "passion" in some of these discussions, I think. Consistent losing can be draining, and sometimes it's simply because the situation is impossible. I've been in a lot of Dominion matches were all three of my team are the lower side of Rep 2 and the least experienced of the other team is triple digits. It's like getting mad at the sun setting. As for shady business practices; yeah, it's about time the noise became audible. I still hate that For Honor has microtransactions, which butcher the progression system. Everything is geared around Steel; everything is obtainable with Steel. Things like executions and ornaments should absolutely be reputation rewards, but no, anyone can walk into the game and drop $50 on the hero of their choosing to acquire just about anything. You can even buy Feats for Steel before reaching Rep1. It's madness. @Ragnaroek This is true; For Honor is all about the emotions of battle. The press campaign for the game was showered in "the emotions of battle" talk. And I know what you mean about MMOs. There's a lot of quality in some of them, but they're part of a group of games I just don't find myself drawn to. I feel like why I'm clicking in the UI the game has played itself and I've missed what I came there for. For Honor sits on exactly the opposite side of the spectrum; the side I am drawn to.

Thatís very true. Nobody really wants to loose a game. It is hard to have fun when your team is down by 700 points and getting pumped, but loosing a match by 200 points is a good game IMO. Thatís the difference, nobody wants to lose, but people donít mind loosing after a good, intense fight. Well not everyone.

Personally, I donít mind the microtransactions as they are purely cosmetic, aside from perhaps the feats. But they are all unlocked permanently by the end of Rep 1 anyway, which is just about a day of playing Dominion. I get that it can be annoying to have grinded for a long time to save up for cool executions and outfits, but that makes it that more satisfying when you unlock them instead of buying. I do believe though that either the prices for these items needs to be dropped by a reasonable amount, OR steel increase needs to rise across the board. As it is now, it is much more attractive to just drop 15-30 bucks and buy the outfits outright than spend a week or so of solid gaming. It shouldnít be that way, if the game is to Have cosmetic microtransactions. For Honors microtransaction prices need to be balanced out a lot better In terms
Of pricing. At least with this, the money spent is going to the developers to fund future projects for the game and it isnít pay to win.

R-a-g-e.
01-22-2018, 02:26 PM
There are balancing problems. I have a prestige 7 Highlander and a Prestige 7 Kensei. Both heroes are my main heroes. I also played many of the other heroes until prestige 4. When I take my Highlander then I will easily win against inexperienced players but I can never win against experienced players. The Highlander is too predictable and cannot feint properly. When I play against good players then they parry my attacks or simply avoid them because the Highlander is so slow. When I take my Kensein in duels and I play against a defensive hero then I do not have a chance to break his defense. I can feint until my fingers bleed but this will not help me when my opponent does no try to parry it. Assassins also do not have unblockable openers but their attacks are very fast so that they can win by feinting. Then there are characters like the Centurio that have tons of unblockable attacks.

bob333e
01-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Then there are characters like the Centurio that have tons of unblockable attacks.

Gladiator*

Jazz117Volkov
01-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Personally, I don’t mind the microtransactions as they are purely cosmetic, aside from perhaps the feats. But they are all unlocked permanently by the end of Rep 1 anyway, which is just about a day of playing Dominion. I get that it can be annoying to have grinded for a long time to save up for cool executions and outfits, but that makes it that more satisfying when you unlock them instead of buying. I do believe though that either the prices for these items needs to be dropped by a reasonable amount, OR steel increase needs to rise across the board. As it is now, it is much more attractive to just drop 15-30 bucks and buy the outfits outright than spend a week or so of solid gaming. It shouldn’t be that way, if the game is to Have cosmetic microtransactions. For Honors microtransaction prices need to be balanced out a lot better In terms
Of pricing. At least with this, the money spent is going to the developers to fund future projects for the game and it isn’t pay to win.

It's definitely the least significant gripe I have with the game. More a complaint I have with "games" in general. It's all about the money; these studios bend over backwards in an effort to bleed every possible dollar out of every possible scenario. Which wouldn't be so much of a pain if they didn't put so much effort into "the sure thing". It is worth saying that creative people are probably the most difficult kind of worker to manage, but all the same, I'd like to see more "creations" and less "market researched product".

But that's more a conversation for another day.

Oh, also, I'm on PC. Uplay is MeridiusVII.

ChampionRuby50g
01-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Ahhh fair enough. Was wondering if you where an Xbox player and if Iíd run into you before or not.

Jazz117Volkov
01-22-2018, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I don't play much Xbox at all anymore.
The poor Xbone kinda just sits on the shelf :/

CriminalF5gB5g
01-22-2018, 11:51 PM
Or or hear me out, you two never should've been in the same match because lol you have over 3x more in game experience as him. Thats not being better thats just far more time sunk and a ****ty matchmaking system. Its literraly the equivalent of a white belt entering a karate tournament and getting matched with a blackbelt. It's trash.