PDA

View Full Version : Leonardo's Loyalty (Spoilers)

JudgeQwerty
12-01-2009, 01:18 AM
So before I played the game, I always assumeed that Leonardo might betray Ezio/ Why? Because in real life, he actually worked for the Borgia later in life.

However, in game, this never happens. Also, did you ever notice how close he is with the Assassins? He's quite familiar with Paola and Teodora before Ezio even meets them. Presumably, its NOT because he's a customer.

He works for the Auditore family, yes? If Paola knows what he's capable of and Paola and Giovanni are allies, then its likely Giovanni didn't hire him for his painting skills.

How did Leonardo know where to find La Volpe, hmm...?

Remember the infamous moment where Leonardo becomes flustered at the mention of Antonio and Teodora. I don't think its sexual tension at all, I think its Leonardo trying not to let slip that they're both Assassins.

And isn't it convenient Leonardo leaves for Venezia at the exact same time as Ezio?

I think Leonardo was either an Assassin or at least worked directly with them since before the game's events.

JudgeQwerty
12-01-2009, 01:18 AM
So before I played the game, I always assumeed that Leonardo might betray Ezio/ Why? Because in real life, he actually worked for the Borgia later in life.

However, in game, this never happens. Also, did you ever notice how close he is with the Assassins? He's quite familiar with Paola and Teodora before Ezio even meets them. Presumably, its NOT because he's a customer.

He works for the Auditore family, yes? If Paola knows what he's capable of and Paola and Giovanni are allies, then its likely Giovanni didn't hire him for his painting skills.

How did Leonardo know where to find La Volpe, hmm...?

Remember the infamous moment where Leonardo becomes flustered at the mention of Antonio and Teodora. I don't think its sexual tension at all, I think its Leonardo trying not to let slip that they're both Assassins.

And isn't it convenient Leonardo leaves for Venezia at the exact same time as Ezio?

I think Leonardo was either an Assassin or at least worked directly with them since before the game's events.

m3rcer
12-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Those are interesting points.

RuYi89
12-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Indeed good points.

I read in a book about Leonardo having ties with Templars or Freemasons, something like that. I can't remember it anymore, but it was something like that. It was written in a book, but I can't find it back anymore.

looneygeorge
12-01-2009, 05:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RuYi89:
Indeed good points.

I read in a book about Leonardo having ties with Templars or Freemasons, something like that. I can't remember it anymore, but it was something like that. It was written in a book, but I can't find it back anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That book was the Da Vinci code, and you are indeed correct. Da Vinci was in a secret cult type thing that has later been rumored to be the Freemasons, whom people think is directly tied (if not is a disguised) to the Templar order.

Neo_Age
12-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Leonardo, like a lot of other artisans of his time, was politically astute, savvy and didnít let his personal beliefs get in the way of his job. For an example its historically known that he was a pacifist, but often designed quite brutal weapons of war (anyone seen that show about the build team that was making Da'vinciís contraptions? Remember the bladed chariots?)

He also often changed patrons, usually based on whoever was in power at the time. While this may seem like he was fickle remember he depended on the person who could give him the most coin to continue his work.

Finally the last time you speak to Leonardo is memory block 11 (assuming you collected all of the codex pages, if you didnít its just a drop in with another page), so its possible that Leonardo might have had to cut ties/betray Ezio in blocks 12 or 13.

RuYi89
12-01-2009, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by looneygeorge:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RuYi89:
Indeed good points.

I read in a book about Leonardo having ties with Templars or Freemasons, something like that. I can't remember it anymore, but it was something like that. It was written in a book, but I can't find it back anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That book was the Da Vinci code, and you are indeed correct. Da Vinci was in a secret cult type thing that has later been rumored to be the Freemasons, whom people think is directly tied (if not is a disguised) to the Templar order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't read it in the Da Vinci Code, I never actually read that book lol. I believe it was some book about templars and masons where it was mentioned..

MPSai
12-02-2009, 05:55 PM
NiccolÚ Machiavelli also had ties with Pope Alexander VI (which would be "The Spaniard") and he was part of the Assassins too so... eh, it's either poetic license on Ubi's part or the Assassins and their associates keeping their enemies closer.

ALTAIRXEZIO
12-02-2009, 06:11 PM
I thought Leonardo was secretly a templar in AC2.... but im actully glad he wasn't..... leonardo rocks

ProjectXigis
12-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Remember, they could have also been assigned to infiltrate and have Borgia trust them for the Assassins.