PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha

Titanodragon
01-19-2018, 06:46 PM
How do you counter him as an assassin if he hits you with a light

BTTrinity
01-19-2018, 07:57 PM

The timing to block it is very specific, theres no guaranteed counter, also depends on what kind of ara you're talking about. If he is light spamming, then you just gotta time your block out of it because if you mistime it, youll get hit, your guard will drop and you have to attempt blocking again...

Though if the Ara is... Feinting, side L - top L - top H finisher (Feinted) - into a side light, youd want to double dodge into a kick as soon as you see that top heavy... though if you play another assassin, I cant give much tips aside from try rolling out when you see that top heavy finisher and see if you can play around deflecting the start of his chains. (it will take practice, but ive seen it done, consistently)

David_gorda
01-19-2018, 08:04 PM
You dont counter it if you play on console, yes many People Will say block top or deflect top but its not working IMO. Best chance to get Out Of the spam is unfortunatly praying that arasmusha going to feint instead Of spamming. Have no problem dealing with aramusha when play non assassins but play assassins Class staggered to death by lightspam.

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 08:09 PM
Have you tried to light them when they do deadly feint this works for me i seem to do better playing aggressive against them then defensive if there spamming light try to get them into the leap attack and go for a deflect/parry try to cover there aoe guard then you know there gun and try to light in the other two guard stances

Sipius
01-19-2018, 08:56 PM
You quit the game until you find 1 with no aramusha.. he was a king spammer ,and with the new buffs now and with some faints any idiot can kill anyone with this class.. my 2c..devs will see what mistake they did.. i bet they will re work him within a month till they gather more data.. I had domnion matches with prestije 0 Aramusha and zero gear wanking on 3 players.. and good decent players..

David_gorda
01-19-2018, 09:10 PM
You quit the game until you find 1 with no aramusha.. he was a king spammer ,and with the new buffs now and with some faints any idiot can kill anyone with this class.. my 2c..devs will see what mistake they did.. i bet they will re work him within a month till they gather more data.. I had domnion matches with prestije 0 Aramusha and zero gear wanking on 3 players.. and good decent players.. tbh i am pretty sure they made aramusha and shaman op on purpose to sell more steel and then nerf them later like they Did with shinobi and centurion.

Mtcmnkk
01-19-2018, 10:10 PM
I've never been good against the aramusha but now I might as well put the controller down. Even when I'm playing a non assassin I can't stop his spam for ****. Makes the pk look like the Highlander

LordRockinghamm
01-19-2018, 11:25 PM
I've never been good against the aramusha but now I might as well put the controller down. Even when I'm playing a non assassin I can't stop his spam for ****. Makes the pk look like the Highlander
Agreed. I move the stick to block every attack and im lucky if the game processes half the blocks. When the feint spam begins forget about it. Just stand there and die.

Alustar.exe
01-20-2018, 12:56 AM

Don't block, dodge. If he starts with a side, dodge forward, if it's a top hit, dodge to the side. Blocking is more difficult and isn't as reliable against musha. Dodging is not only easier, but leads to an almost guaranteed deflect since he can't feint light spam.
If he is feinting, just hit him with a fast light or zone.

BlowHard74728
01-20-2018, 03:49 AM
Don't block, dodge. If he starts with a side, dodge forward, if it's a top hit, dodge to the side. Blocking is more difficult and isn't as reliable against musha. Dodging is not only easier, but leads to an almost guaranteed deflect since he can't feint light spam.
If he is feinting, just hit him with a fast light or zone.

I used to have trouble against blocking his attacks as pk. But now i have no problem one thing to never do ( at least on console) is to parry his attacks in his light combo. Usually when he starts I just block and keep my eye open for a potential deflect. The best way to learn to beat Aramusha is to practice against him (level 3 bot) and learn all the best ways to be able to escape the combo with as less damage taken as possible. (Dodging may be your best escape as Alustar stated)

Knight_Raime
01-20-2018, 01:40 PM
deflect.
dodge attack.

Kelson27
01-20-2018, 01:58 PM
I canít believe he made his way into release now. Just fought my first spammer as Orochi. Completely locked out until death. Ganking only gives him unbreakable attacks until death against multiple of you. Complete BS in my opinion. Gonna fight on to see if I can break through - at least itís a wall I can keep hitting at to see. As for the player Iím fighting against, absolute jerk.

HazelrahFirefly
01-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Ubisoft made the godly character even stronger. I don't buy that bottom tier crap they spewed for a one second. If one of them is against you, don't bother playing.

I'm hoping that data shows that people won't even play so they nerf him into oblivion. Last night I had Aras attacking me so rapidly that, aside from avoiding the very first swing, I could do nothing. Just a series of baps that I could not dodge, deflect, or block out of. You are literally stuck in their gravity well until death - which btw comes quicker now because he's been buffed for some reason.

David_gorda
01-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Ubisoft made the godly character even stronger. I don't buy that bottom tier crap they spewed for a one second. If one of them is against you, don't bother playing.

I'm hoping that data shows that people won't even play so they nerf him into oblivion. Last night I had Aras attacking me so rapidly that, aside from avoiding the very first swing, I could do nothing. Just a series of baps that I could not dodge, deflect, or block out of. You are literally stuck in their gravity well until death - which btw comes quicker now because he's been buffed for some reason.
Exactly aramusha is pure cancer, almost the same lvl as the Old centurion. Aramusha gets buffed and the playerbase shrinks unfortunatly...

BTTrinity
01-20-2018, 02:26 PM

And anyone who actually plays the game, doesnt care that you dont care, if you die to Aramushas LIGHTSPAM, you're a noob. If hes feinting, its not lightspam, its you being killed by mindgames and is a YOU issue EITHER WAY.

Blocking top does work for his LIGHTSPAM because his chain will get interrupted, and if he does a side light into side heavy finisher and feints that into another light then its slow enough that you can EASILY react to it (I see people grab me out of it, assassins deflect out of it and PK's zone me out of it easy) and its not lightspam at that point.

Seriously this community makes no sense, everyone cries that Aramusha is only about light-spamming, so when they give him other options to use they cry more? Damned if you do, damned if you dont... Im starting to think this is just an issue with the community hating Samurai at this point.

Alustar.exe
01-20-2018, 02:28 PM

First off, ubisoft simply gave him options outside of light chain and the ability to heavy from GB, not even that big of a buff. They also haven't touched his attack speed, he is at the same speed since he launched.
2: ubisoft never claimed musha to be a sub par performer in matches, that was us, the players. We decided that after spending time LEARNING to counter this character.
3 hoping that another class gets nerfed into oblivion is not going to help you deal with them at all. It won't assist you in becoming better at this game, in fact it's more of a crutch that says "I can't be bothered to learn mechanics, make it easier or I'm leaving!"

Yes, musha can be countered, even by assassin classes. You just need to practice. Like with everything else in life is not going to just happen unless you make it so.

Alustar.exe
01-20-2018, 02:35 PM
And anyone who actually plays the game, doesnt care that you dont care, if you die to Aramushas LIGHTSPAM, you're a noob. If hes feinting, its not lightspam, its you being killed by mindgames and is a YOU issue EITHER WAY.

Blocking top does work for his LIGHTSPAM because his chain will get interrupted, and if he does a side light into side heavy finisher and feints that into another light then its slow enough that you can EASILY react to it (I see people grab me out of it, assassins deflect out of it and PK's zone me out of it easy) and its not lightspam at that point.

Seriously this community makes no sense, everyone cries that Aramusha is only about light-spamming, so when they give him other options to use they cry more? Damned if you do, damned if you dont... Im starting to think this is just an issue with the community hating Samurai at this point.

It's select few players that always seem to be having the same issues, regardless of character. I've seen these exact same arguments after centurion/shinobi were launched.
In fact the only hero very few players complained about was highlander.
What this tells me is this community had no idea what balance is or means. They simply post of the cuff, overly emotional rants about how unfair it is that they got killed by something cheap. That unless a hero under performs he is OP.

Kelson27
01-20-2018, 02:43 PM
Itís really not. You on console? Go in there as an orochi the next time youíre in there and come back with the results. Iíve just watched him 10+ - 0 kd about four games in a row. I got him down to a bees inch of health without taking a hit, then that first hit I took was the end of it. Iím no god player, I go alright, and I donít know about all Assassin characters, but it seems like no chance atm.

Alustar.exe
01-20-2018, 02:54 PM
Itís really not. You on console? Go in there as an orochi the next time youíre in there and come back with the results. Iíve just watched him 10+ - 0 kd about four games in a row. I got him down to a bees inch of health without taking a hit, then that first hit I took was the end of it. Iím no god player, I go alright, and I donít know about all Assassin characters, but it seems like no chance atm.

I run assassin characters almost exclusively (PK rep 17, Orochi rep 2 shaman rep 9, shinobi rep 3?) Reflex guard isn't reliable enough from my experience to justify blocking his attacks. So I don't bother. Even spamming dodge without timing you can land an accidental deflect. And yes, I'm on console, and his attack speed is about the only thing going for him.

I'm not just bowing smoke when I say it just takes a few hours of practice. If you are calm and don't get emotional, it is simply a matter of timing. Outside of that keep him at range till you are ready to engage, since he didn't have any viable openers.

Knight_Raime
01-20-2018, 03:43 PM
First off, ubisoft simply gave him options outside of light chain and the ability to heavy from GB, not even that big of a buff. They also haven't touched his attack speed, he is at the same speed since he launched.
2: ubisoft never claimed musha to be a sub par performer in matches, that was us, the players. We decided that after spending time LEARNING to counter this character.
3 hoping that another class gets nerfed into oblivion is not going to help you deal with them at all. It won't assist you in becoming better at this game, in fact it's more of a crutch that says "I can't be bothered to learn mechanics, make it easier or I'm leaving!"

Yes, musha can be countered, even by assassin classes. You just need to practice. Like with everything else in life is not going to just happen unless you make it so.

Up voted. Good on you for staying calm. I don't think I could have with a post like that.
perhaps i'll need to take another break from the forums again. at least until the reworks drop.

ChampionRuby50g
01-20-2018, 03:45 PM
Up voted. Good on you for staying calm. I don't think I could have with a post like that.
perhaps i'll need to take another break from the forums again. at least until the reworks drop.

Take me with you. The forum web page continually logging me out should be sign enough to leave for a little bit.

Knight_Raime
01-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Take me with you. The forum web page continually logging me out should be sign enough to leave for a little bit.

Grab onto my coat tail and we'll soar away into the night to someplace magical and full of adventure~

HazelrahFirefly
01-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Look, I'm going to spend another hour this afternoon trying to stop a level 3 Ara bot. I've already done 150 rounds against the thing to no avail.

I just don't see what you guys are seeing. It's literally a gravity well. I cannot dodge. I cannot deflect. I cannot block. I cannot parry. The quick little hits (the heavies are BARELY slower then the lights btw) happen within about three seconds and I'm dead. Ara has got to have the fastest time to kill in the game.

Alustar.exe
01-20-2018, 04:41 PM
Look, I'm going to spend another hour this afternoon trying to stop a level 3 Ara bot. I've already done 150 rounds against the thing to no avail.

I just don't see what you guys are seeing. It's literally a gravity well. I cannot dodge. I cannot deflect. I cannot block. I cannot parry. The quick little hits (the heavies are BARELY slower then the lights btw) happen within about three seconds and I'm dead. Ara has got to have the fastest time to kill in the game.

Do you run assassin or non assassin?
And what platform? I have musha unlocked, if yo are on PS4I can help. It would be easier than a bot atm

Alustar.exe
01-20-2018, 04:46 PM

You and me both. This would make like, the third time I've gone on hiatus. Lol

Knight_Raime
01-20-2018, 04:56 PM
You and me both. This would make like, the third time I've gone on hiatus. Lol

third for me as well. Last time I left it was because I got shamed out of using centurion despite my many threads trying to have good discussions on it.

HazelrahFirefly
01-20-2018, 06:23 PM
I run both, but my main is an assassin

I can kill them with my PK and Valk, but it takes a lot of luck and work, and it has yet to feel like I actually won the fights.

Alustar.exe
01-20-2018, 09:33 PM
third for me as well. Last time I left it was because I got shamed out of using centurion despite my many threads trying to have good discussions on it.

Yeah I remember those, those threads were what helped me get through season 2/3. And now it seems the same pattern is happening with shaman. :/

To bad we don't have moderators or something to hep us out you know?

Kelson27
01-21-2018, 12:15 AM

Yep I was in the same boat last night, played against a guy online who exclusively light spammed - no one could touch him and his under rep 0 whirlwind, not me or the other up to rep 30+ players. Iíve killed him sure, but only if I never get hit. A bunch of people are saying they canít get out, then there seems to be a couple that say easy as pie which is mostly just frustrating to us that canít. Iíd absolutely love to see a vid if you guys are willing, Iím on Xbox but you can double tap the middle button and hit x to record the last thirty seconds of gameplay, then link the dvr here - that would be more than helpful instead of the usual ďgit gudĒ.

Further to that point, I imagine the majority of players willing to reach the forums are a lil dedicated to the game. What this guy would do to new players surely is a right turn off.

AlexHuaTian
01-21-2018, 12:39 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-18-2015/dhiOM6.gif

The King Tilley
01-21-2018, 06:56 AM
on console its pretty bad, light attacks come so fast youre usually stun locked, im saying this as a rep 7 arashuma. i just really wish we could have 60 fps.

Knight_Raime
01-21-2018, 09:58 AM
Yeah I remember those, those threads were what helped me get through season 2/3. And now it seems the same pattern is happening with shaman. :/

To bad we don't have moderators or something to hep us out you know?

I mean I could always try to make those threads about shaman. I'd just have to main her. And while I don't find her bad to play as in any sense she just doesn't mesh with me.
I've been requested to make guides/discussions in the past though. So maybe I really should consider doing it anyway. And I wouldn't have to worry about main hate with her this time around since everyone already hates my opinion here anyway lmao.

ChampionRuby50g
01-21-2018, 12:23 PM
I mean I could always try to make those threads about shaman. I'd just have to main her. And while I don't find her bad to play as in any sense she just doesn't mesh with me.
I've been requested to make guides/discussions in the past though. So maybe I really should consider doing it anyway. And I wouldn't have to worry about main hate with her this time around since everyone already hates my opinion here anyway lmao.

Hey donít sell yourself short. Not everyone hates your opinion, just seems that way because it might go against the general consensus of the masses at that time. Donít let a few idiots put you off doing something if thatís what you wanna do.

Alustar.exe
01-21-2018, 12:24 PM

If you'd like some help is be more than willing to put together some video footage too. I've actually been thinning this game needs some industrious players to put together a few comprehensive guides that explain things the tutorials don't cover.

Titanodragon
01-21-2018, 09:55 PM
I started this thread so that people who said it's easy to get out of light spam could link a video showing how. Not for people to sit here and just say get good. Some have given good info but in a game it's alot easier to see it done and understand than for someone to type it.

BTTrinity
01-21-2018, 10:13 PM
I started this thread so that people who said it's easy to get out of light spam could link a video showing how. Not for people to sit here and just say get good. Some have given good info but in a game it's alot easier to see it done and understand than for someone to type it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoz8LrQHIuA

Hes a console player btw

Titanodragon
01-21-2018, 10:28 PM

Hes a console player btw

Thank you this is what I was asking for.

Knight_Raime
01-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Hey don’t sell yourself short. Not everyone hates your opinion, just seems that way because it might go against the general consensus of the masses at that time. Don’t let a few idiots put you off doing something if that’s what you wanna do.

I know not literally everyone dislikes me aha. I was just making a personal jab for funsies. My point was that i've been dealing with forum hate for months now. So it shouldn't effect me this time around should I actually commit to making a write up about Shaman.

If you'd like some help is be more than willing to put together some video footage too. I've actually been thinning this game needs some industrious players to put together a few comprehensive guides that explain things the tutorials don't cover.

I would appreciate that should I do this write up. Since I regularly delete my clips to keep space on my xbox. Off the top of my head i'd probably ask you for clips/tips in 4v4 since I know you play that where as I mainly duel. Beyond that i'd let you know what i'd need specific clips of. I agree guides would be great. We already have a few people out there who cover punishes and frame data. I could easily ask them for permission to use their footage should i need it. I'm going to take a few days to think on it. If I actually want to commit to it i'll PM you on here about it.

bob333e
01-22-2018, 04:48 PM
it shouldn't effect me this time around should I actually commit to making a write up about Shaman.

Feel free to take any information you may find useful from the info dump that I had created back in November. Quite a few people, you included, chipped in with various good bits.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1795611-Countering-Shaman-(both-pre-nerf-and-post-nerf)

I'd also be more than willing to help, should you make constructive threads on combat techniques and specialized counters. I've always loved those.

Knight_Raime
01-22-2018, 04:53 PM
Feel free to take any information you may find useful from the info dump that I had created back in November. Quite a few people, you included, chipped in with various good bits.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1795611-Countering-Shaman-(both-pre-nerf-and-post-nerf)

I'd also be more than willing to help, should you make constructive threads on combat techniques and specialized counters. I've always loved those.

Ah yes I remember that thread. I bookmarked it just now incase I do a write up.
I appreciate the offer to help as well. I deff need to think on it a bit longer.
If I plan to do something I plan to do it right. and that's quite the undertaking.
I'll be sure to let you know in a pm if I need anything.

bob333e
01-22-2018, 04:55 PM
Ah yes I remember that thread. I bookmarked it just now incase I do a write up.
I appreciate the offer to help as well. I deff need to think on it a bit longer.
If I plan to do something I plan to do it right. and that's quite the undertaking.
I'll be sure to let you know in a pm if I need anything.

Y'er welcome. You need anything, just hit me up.

Kelson27
01-23-2018, 02:08 PM

Howíd you go? Iíve been having a bit of a practice on some bots, have you had any luck?

Titanodragon
01-23-2018, 07:56 PM
I can now deflect the top light in the chain, still trying tho

HazelrahFirefly
01-24-2018, 07:31 PM

Hes a console player btw

That's the one vid people always link, but its useless. 'Block top' is what everybody already says, and that fight is in ideal conditions: a custom match duel with people who are purposefully telegraphing the attack.

There doesn't seem to exist a video of someone fighting a spamming Aramusha in an unorganized 4v4.

BTTrinity
01-24-2018, 09:33 PM
That's the one vid people always link, but its useless. 'Block top' is what everybody already says, and that fight is in ideal conditions: a custom match duel with people who are purposefully telegraphing the attack.

There doesn't seem to exist a video of someone fighting a spamming Aramusha in an unorganized 4v4.

People wanted to know if you could block the lightspam, I showed them you can. Blocking top DOES work vs LIGHTSPAM. If he deadly-feints an attack, that would be you getting hit with his mixup, not lightspam. Of course its going to be harder to deal with in 4v4's, just like literally any other class in the game...

Kelson27
01-24-2018, 10:39 PM
I can now deflect the top light in the chain, still trying tho

Yeah me too. I find against a lvl3 ara bot (my god those mixups can be mental, was good to see thereís a bunch more heís capable of) I can get out occasionally as orochi, mostly on feint heavies, but still once they get through i feel like I should be getting a lot of these blocks and it just doesnít happen. Sometimes even deflects still gets you hit by the next light coming at you.

I found tweaking the control in advanced options helped a bit, fiddling with the dead zone to a tighter circle and decreasing the top guard angle quickened the change for me a touch, helped on those occasions where I might be crossing the top guard going through the center with the joystick.

Even though I found myself a lil more competent practicing against a single bot in ideal conditions, the light spamming human in 4v4 still canít be touched if I take a hit... not to mention the endless connection issues you get plagued with as your team all quit 😋 will keep at it.

As HazelrahFirefly mentioned, I havenít seen any videos of that type of actual offending ara getting taken down mid chain. Ideal conditions yes, (even though heís still taking plenty of hits while knowing exactly whatís coming with very little effort from his opponent, you canít tank a whole lot of that as orochi!) 4v4 not yet. I will chuck one up if I managed to break that mould.

Alustar.exe
01-24-2018, 11:10 PM

Your entire argument(gripe) falls apart when you raise issue with this being done in a custom match. Because that is literally the ideal setting you want to base any kind of theory based training. Meaning if you cannot perform certain functions in a static, reliable environment then we have an issue. However, if you can, that is not indicative of any issue on the games part, then it's all player side. Meaning is either your connection, your settings or your reaction times. The biggest top I could give for countering aramusha is understand he is 90% mind games. Stop playing by his rules and hit that bastard.
If you play less defensive when he tries to apply feint games you shut him down.

Sekiro...
01-25-2018, 02:48 AM

You cant and devs dont give a **** ab it;

next question, please

Sekiro...
01-25-2018, 03:04 AM

INDEED

I remember when some ppl used to say: "every character has the same guard swith delay"
They even had a video too ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSWm4YIPd1U

months later we had an update that finally made all the characters have the same guard switch delay (but not assassin because ... who cares ab them?)
So that proves the video was wrong.

Now is this video ab free deflect on aramusha's top light ... well, I never saw it working on real matches...

The reason this game will never be balanced because we have a lot of ppl trying to keep the advantage of his favorite character.
We took many many months to fix centurion because a lot of noobs used to say its was not OP

HazelrahFirefly
01-25-2018, 01:00 PM
Your entire argument(gripe) falls apart when you raise issue with this being done in a custom match. Because that is literally the ideal setting you want to base any kind of theory based training. Meaning if you cannot perform certain functions in a static, reliable environment then we have an issue. However, if you can, that is not indicative of any issue on the games part, then it's all player side. Meaning is either your connection, your settings or your reaction times. The biggest top I could give for countering aramusha is understand he is 90% mind games. Stop playing by his rules and hit that bastard.
If you play less defensive when he tries to apply feint games you shut him down.

Incorrect, and I bet you know it. Having a test in a custom match is a pointless endeavor for any game. The connection is one factor that can have a big impact, but there's a far bigger one. That being that this game is made so shoddily that sound files are suddenly missing. The way an Aramusha can gravity well someone in a true match is far different from testing if the top light can be blocked by a reflex guard.

Btw, that video is from the start of the season when Shaman was still broken as ****, so its void simply because of that.

Knight_Raime
01-25-2018, 01:41 PM
Incorrect, and I bet you know it. Having a test in a custom match is a pointless endeavor for any game. The connection is one factor that can have a big impact, but there's a far bigger one. That being that this game is made so shoddily that sound files are suddenly missing. The way an Aramusha can gravity well someone in a true match is far different from testing if the top light can be blocked by a reflex guard.

Btw, that video is from the start of the season when Shaman was still broken as ****, so its void simply because of that.

If the connection is what is preventing players from dealing Mushu in "unorganized 4v4" then the issue is connection. Not Mushu.
Also your final line literally means nothing. None of her nerfs she's received thus far have effected her ability to block anything.

Doodle's videos prove that Ara and his "light spam" are able to be defended against. If this is a problem in 4v4 it's because of 4v4. if it's a problem in unorganized pvp it's because it's unorganized. You're just making excuses for your short comings and throwing away irrefutable proof just because the video creator didn't have the foresight to specifically know you and recorded the exact conditions you asked for.

And no. In literally any theory crafting for any game or even in real life the environment is 100% controlled. The purpose of this is to make sure other factors are not interfering with what is trying to be tested. In this case the video was trying to prove if it was literally possible to counter it. and it is. It doesn't mean it's not harder to do in other situations. It's just proving that it's possible. But you're too stubborn/pigheaded to understand this.

You do realize when a developer is attempting to fix say a bug for example they will do this as well right? When a bug/balance issue arises they ask for you to replicate it and send it to them. Or they ask what conditions were present so they can go and specifically replicate it. Again to get it through your thick freaking head. This is how testing is done. In video games. In bug fixes. In any real life testing. You do a controlled test. And you build from it. The base argument was "light spam isn't able to be defended" they proved this false. it was extended to "isn't defendable by assassins" Was proved false and they even extended it to "well it's because you know where he's starting" and they had the guy mix up directions and what do you know? it was defended against.

No one specifically mentioned 4v4 or unorganized pvp until much later. or connection. It's always what i've already mentioned. and yet again. If it's a problem with connection/4v4/unorganized those are the factors making it a problem. Not the kit. Not Mushu.

HazelrahFirefly
01-25-2018, 01:44 PM
Just keep making excuses and defending it, good boy.

Alustar.exe
01-25-2018, 02:12 PM

Lol, you attempt to discredit a topic about aramusha based on shaman what?

Yeah, why don't we try coming up with some intelligent, and maybe even halfway viable arguments?

Devils-_-legacy
01-25-2018, 02:12 PM
Dude go into custom mode put on lblack 3 musha bots and learn how to counter mushas kit its not hard just need time to learn his move set and please stop using excuses musha is not Godmode I'm on console if I'm not having a issue you shouldn't if the issue isn't his kit and it's lag then that's a issue we are dealing with then all I can suggest is wait for the dedicated servers

BTTrinity
01-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Just keep making excuses and defending it, good boy.

1 tip for you, dont parry mushu

HazelrahFirefly
01-25-2018, 03:30 PM
Lol, you attempt to discredit a topic about aramusha based on shaman what?

Yeah, why don't we try coming up with some intelligent, and maybe even halfway viable arguments?

You're off your rocker, mate. Done communicating with you, in this topic at least.

Alustar.exe
01-25-2018, 07:17 PM
You're off your rocker, mate. Done communicating with you, in this topic at least.

I'd say that too of my arguments were this flimsy.

HazelrahFirefly
01-25-2018, 08:05 PM
Yo, is there a way to ignore and report people on this forum?

Alustar.exe
01-25-2018, 08:31 PM
Yo, is there a way to ignore and report people on this forum?

Usually around their name on the hud. You have to be on pc though. Though, reporting isn't going to do much if they haven't actually broken any forum rules. The most they are going to say is ignore the player.

HazelrahFirefly
01-25-2018, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the response.

Sekiro...
01-25-2018, 09:55 PM
Dude go into custom mode put on lblack 3 musha bots and learn how to counter mushas kit its not hard just need time to learn his move set and please stop using excuses

Theres absolutely no problem in counter aramusha with vanguard, heavy or hybrid character

musha is not Godmode

Indeed... I dont want a nerf for aramusha, The problem is the damm guard reflex.
This problem comes since season 1
Its was always hard to deal with pk and valk, for exemple,
The only diference between pk and aramusha is aramusha wont stop untill you die.

I'm on console if I'm not having a issue you shouldn't if the issue isn't his kit and it's lag then that's a issue we are dealing with then all I can suggest is wait for the dedicated servers

You cant be serious to sugest that...

SOMEONE FIX OR REMOVE GUARD REFLEX, PLEASE

Kelson27
01-26-2018, 02:33 PM
OK everybody... this isn't exactly conclusive and if you've anything to add re the widget or whatever else I might not know about (I ain't exactly in the know with all the mechanics), go for it, but maybe I'm onto something.

For the record I've just checked the input lag on my tv so take that into consideration, it's 21.6ms - that ain't bad for a TV but is pretty far out from a pc monior. How much difference that brings I don't know, but I thought it worth mentioning. It might also be worth checking on others ends if you're on console and not reacting quick enough either. On with it!

So, I've been playing against an ara bot for a couple nights now, I noticed something odd with the guard.

This is me as raider:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KD27/video/43001091

And this is the video that peaked my interest:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KD27/video/43001518

I noticed the guard felt a lil different than the Orochi I'd been playing with recently - when I flick my guard back and forth I noticed that this seems to resolve pretty quick.

Here is me doing the same with Orochi:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KD27/video/43001090

While the raider gives you that nice solid "i'ma block this" widget, Orochi is definitely behind, to the point that I can actually flick the guard back and forth and have it not go a solid white. Whether this is just the widget and not reflective of what is happening regarding block I don't know, but it seems to add up.

Now, as a Raider, I can block this guy all day. Even if I do eat a hit, I can seem to block the next incoming lights pretty well. As Orochi, once that combo gets going I reckon I eat up about 80% of his hits if not more, the block doesn't want to happen, even a deflect on occasion has gotten me hit by the following light - maybe that can be the case or not, again I don't know. I would have thought the payoff for pulling off a deflect was to be able to get that next light in, maybe not.

It's also worth noting this is just in a custom match with a single bot. Add any kind of connection with some hickups and I think this is where we might find Orochi falling down a lil.

It's not the mixups that take me down in a dominion game, it's the straight up left, top, right, top, left, top light spam that you can see/predict a mile away and can't break - I know how to get out of it, Orochi just doesn't. Before I took on Orochi early this month I was pretty much just playing as a raider and had absolutely no problem coming up against an Ara, didn't even know light spam was a thing then. VERY different story with the assassin.

I'm gonna keep slicing away with Orochi to see if there is someway I can get the blocks working like it does with Raider. It's not nothing, I'm thinking maybe Ara ain't the problem, maybe it's Orochi.

Alustar.exe
01-26-2018, 03:59 PM
OK everybody... this isn't exactly conclusive and if you've anything to add re the widget or whatever else I might not know about (I ain't exactly in the know with all the mechanics), go for it, but maybe I'm onto something.

For the record I've just checked the input lag on my tv so take that into consideration, it's 21.6ms - that ain't bad for a TV but is pretty far out from a pc monior. How much difference that brings I don't know, but I thought it worth mentioning. It might also be worth checking on others ends if you're on console and not reacting quick enough either. On with it!

So, I've been playing against an ara bot for a couple nights now, I noticed something odd with the guard.

This is me as raider:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KD27/video/43001091

And this is the video that peaked my interest:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KD27/video/43001518

I noticed the guard felt a lil different than the Orochi I'd been playing with recently - when I flick my guard back and forth I noticed that this seems to resolve pretty quick.

Here is me doing the same with Orochi:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KD27/video/43001090

While the raider gives you that nice solid "i'ma block this" widget, Orochi is definitely behind, to the point that I can actually flick the guard back and forth and have it not go a solid white. Whether this is just the widget and not reflective of what is happening regarding block I don't know, but it seems to add up.

Now, as a Raider, I can block this guy all day. Even if I do eat a hit, I can seem to block the next incoming lights pretty well. As Orochi, once that combo gets going I reckon I eat up about 80% of his hits if not more, the block doesn't want to happen, even a deflect on occasion has gotten me hit by the following light - maybe that can be the case or not, again I don't know. I would have thought the payoff for pulling off a deflect was to be able to get that next light in, maybe not.

It's also worth noting this is just in a custom match with a single bot. Add any kind of connection with some hickups and I think this is where we might find Orochi falling down a lil.

It's not the mixups that take me down in a dominion game, it's the straight up left, top, right, top, left, top light spam that you can see/predict a mile away and can't break - I know how to get out of it, Orochi just doesn't. Before I took on Orochi early this month I was pretty much just playing as a raider and had absolutely no problem coming up against an Ara, didn't even know light spam was a thing then. VERY different story with the assassin.

I'm gonna keep slicing away with Orochi to see if there is someway I can get the blocks working like it does with Raider. It's not nothing, I'm thinking maybe Ara ain't the problem, maybe it's Orochi.

Yeah reflex guard doesn't activate quick enough to stop aramusha(from my experience on console), you have to be good with your dodge/deflect to counter his infinite light chain. But a good musha will feint a lot of his hits when you start dodging. He is a solid assassin killer. A tip for landing more confirmed hits from deflect, I've found pressing your respective attack simultaneously with your dodge is the most effective way. Plus it helps training you to look for more clear opportunities for defects. Example, if I know I can deflect a strike, I don't bother waiting for the animation to tell me it's happening, I just follow through and then I flow into my own combo. The only time this didn't work is with heroes that have any kind of hyper armor. For those heroes (berserker typically) I've worked on back to back deflect. Hey two or three chained deflects and even a berserker well within his life. (I think I've done that once? I blame the Eminem playing in the background)

Devils-_-legacy
01-26-2018, 07:24 PM
one.Autum sorry most people know I'm strictly assassin forgot to add that in but my point still stands tho if your having issue with one hero learn the heros kit if theres still an issue in pvp it's either the lag that's making him so hard so dedicated servers will fix this or you reactions maybe a bit slow I don't personally have an issue with musha a good lb is my kryptonite

HazelrahFirefly
01-26-2018, 07:49 PM
one.Autum sorry most people know I'm strictly assassin forgot to add that in but my point still stands tho if your having issue with one hero learn the heros kit if theres still an issue in pvp it's either the lag that's making him so hard so dedicated servers will fix this or you reactions maybe a bit slow I don't personally have an issue with musha a good lb is my kryptonite

Thats the core of one of the biggest issues this toxic community has. Difficulty is subjective. Many don't accept that and just tell others to git gud; its the same bs problem that the Souls community has.

I've never encountered a LB that seemed tough, but I won't for a second discredit your experience and mock you. Anyway, I know I'm off topic, but god damn so I hate talking to most FH players. Get off your high horses.

Titanodragon
01-26-2018, 09:11 PM
Can we stop with the oh if I can do it you do it, if not you suck ****ing attitude. Just because you can deal with something doesn't make it balanced. Come up with another argument other than I can do it. Thank you

Kelson27
01-26-2018, 11:36 PM
I know that, but if I deflect the first light, sometimes the second light and my deflect will trade. Last night while testing I even had the deflect sound trigger and araís light simply went through to hit me anyway, first time thatís happened, potentially a one off but shouldnít happen. I think there might be something screwy with orochi defence. Not to mention, but if his block simply isnít activating in time, that to me is broken if Ďfaster than his block light spam charactersí are being introduced. Deflect requires super accurate timing, and a dodge can get you hit by the next light anyway. Thatís a new player gone in seconds, light spam isnít exactly high level play.

Iím gonna check whether the others assassins have the same problem with block too.

HazelrahFirefly
01-27-2018, 03:00 AM
Kelson brings up another good point that has only become a problem Shaman and Aramusha were put into the game.

Deflects aren't guaranteed, even the Orochi's light. Which is INSANE. To dodge into a ****ing attack and still be the victim for success is possibly the worst thing in the game. The Shaman can do it on one combo I think, but the Aramusha can stop the Orochi's deflect almost every time. Ugh.

I can only hope that part of the S5 balancing is to make all deflects guaranteed, even if they have to lower the damage.

Titanodragon
01-27-2018, 05:30 AM
Okay why this thread is about aramusha. Why does he get a majority of some of the best freats?

Devils-_-legacy
01-27-2018, 03:22 PM
I Said lb because like musha his kit can be countered but gets all the pros from the defensive meta Beserker could stop deflects from s1 zone also hazel probably because I wasn't replying to you lol(the hint was one autumn) and a lot of assassins made a thread about this deflect issue give deflect hyper armour should solve it. At no point was I toxic just stated a fact you can't of learned his kit well enough if your having such a issue. If it feels like I'm on a high horse might be because I took the time to learn his weak points in his kit but that's off topic imo he's a noob stomper

Sekiro...
01-27-2018, 04:25 PM
Now, as a Raider, I can block this guy all day. Even if I do eat a hit, I can seem to block the next incoming lights pretty well. As Orochi, once that combo gets going I reckon I eat up about 80% of his hits if not more, the block doesn't want to happen

Exactlyaramusha is not a big deal when you are using a "standard guard" hero

Not only orochi but all assassins

Sekiro...
01-27-2018, 04:36 PM

But i only have huge issues when using an assassin, so its looks so wrong to me.
Im sure if aramusha could slash down all classes with the same facility he do with assassins a lot of ppl would be here asking for nerf

LB is a huge problem to me too... unblockeables, shoves, stuns, lightspeed top light, block shoves, huge HP, more shoves... but I when I face him (and lose always) I dont fell like It is a bug, just a very strong character

HazelrahFirefly
01-27-2018, 05:27 PM
I Said lb because like musha his kit can be countered but gets all the pros from the defensive meta Beserker could stop deflects from s1 zone also hazel probably because I wasn't replying to you lol(the hint was one autumn) and a lot of assassins made a thread about this deflect issue give deflect hyper armour should solve it. At no point was I toxic just stated a fact you can't of learned his kit well enough if your having such a issue. If it feels like I'm on a high horse might be because I took the time to learn his weak points in his kit but that's off topic imo he's a noob stomper

No man, I was agreeing with you. I was merely stating that people could flame you for saying LB, while I can subjectively understand that he could be difficult.

Tum_Energia
01-30-2018, 12:30 AM
aramucha (esp his light spam completely insane when on revenge steroids) is OP as f*ck

Kelson27
01-31-2018, 12:13 AM
Yep. All assassins seem to have a hard time against Ara. I think the guard doesn't resolve and initiate the next block quick enough either - for instance if you block left, and attempt to block left again it seems to maintain the first instance until it resolves and not engage with the second, unless you cross the centre path of the joystick again... But that eats time on your block all over. Does that make sense?

Basically the guard seems to lock out the next input in that direction until the first has resolved or redirected. Might be a bit of nothing, but also worth noting. The more I look into it... the more it's about the assassin block mechanics - not Ara at all.

Devils-_-legacy
01-31-2018, 03:24 PM
My bad hazel lol every one has one hero there bad at tho I just can't cracking a turtling lb I'd prefer a shaman or musha then him

HazelrahFirefly
01-31-2018, 03:59 PM
My bad hazel lol every one has one hero there bad at tho I just can't cracking a turtling lb I'd prefer a shaman or musha then him

No sweat man, I totally get it.

My list of five hardest opponents has Ara as #1 and Shaman as #5, and I won't ever say what 2, 3, and 4 are because of the elitistests on this forum. They don't understand that people find different things challenging; or they don't give a **** and just want to crap on others.