PDA

View Full Version : Centurions...

Jolvark
01-19-2018, 06:35 PM
Why they can suck all your stamina while dealing incredible damage and also controling you with all his ******** moves almost unparryables and combos? they could have 200 hp too if you want...

EvoX.
01-19-2018, 07:05 PM
They're almost complete trash on average level, and actual complete trash on high-end competitive level. All the Centurions are currently is noob killers.

So... yeah.

PanzerShrekonin
01-20-2018, 01:39 AM
Why they can suck all your stamina while dealing incredible damage and also controling you with all his ******** moves almost unparryables and combos? they could have 200 hp too if you want...

Their HP is that of an Asssassin pretty much. They have very little damage on their normal attacks, but they do alot of damage when they wallsplat you and knock you down yes.

However, again, it means there needs to be a wall. They are easy to parry and die very quickly.

NHLGoldenKnight
01-20-2018, 01:49 AM
My issue with Centurion is that he is completely broken. It is like I am fighting versus animation all the time, not the actual player . He needs complete rework, after they are done with all other heroes.

Dasteel1974
01-20-2018, 03:08 AM
You do realize that his wall splat is just above several single hits of other players donít you? Biggest difference is that you have to be near a wall to get the wall splat but other single moves can be done anywhere and anytime. But hey, the wall splat combo looks cool so it has to be OP. Right.

UbiJurassic
01-20-2018, 03:15 AM
Centurion can certainly be a source of frustration for some players, but what can really help is learning his combos for yourself. There are certain exit points to his combos that can be hard to miss if you're unaware of how exactly those combos work and what Centurion needs to do to set them up.

Dasteel1974
01-20-2018, 03:32 AM
Centurion can certainly be a source of frustration for some players, but what can really help is learning his combos for yourself. There are certain exit points to his combos that can be hard to miss if you're unaware of how exactly those combos work and what Centurion needs to do to set them up.

Yes, which is the point of why his supreme nerf was never needed. His combos can be escaped and escaped from early, before any significant damage was done. He is a one trick pony now. But hey, at least now people donít have to git good to beat him.

Jazz117Volkov
01-20-2018, 04:05 AM
Centurion was always a one trick pony; he just used to have more ways to perform that trick. (Now he has one less.)

For comparison, most of the cast only have one way to get wallsplats, and many can't get much off of it. Cent has at least three ways to get wallsplats, and he gets two guaranteed heavies off it. (A good Cent will mix it up to get more.)

https://i.giphy.com/media/Mz3LNfVU9zaHS/giphy.mp4

That said, his health pool and sword are tiny. Take a step back or play Warden. (Crushing Counter vortex combo + wallsplat will execute a cent.)

PanzerShrekonin
01-20-2018, 04:27 AM
Centurion was always a one trick pony; he just used to have more ways to perform that trick. (Now he has one less.)

For comparison, most of the cast only have one way to get wallsplats, and many can't get much off of it. Cent has at least three ways to get wallsplats, and he gets two guaranteed heavies off it. (A good Cent will mix it up to get more.)

https://i.giphy.com/media/Mz3LNfVU9zaHS/giphy.mp4

That said, his health pool and sword are tiny. Take a step back or play Warden. (Crushing Counter vortex combo + wallsplat will execute a cent.)

What do you mean three ways? im confused.

We have GB into wall((Either from a parry or not.))

And then the possible parry with knee into the face which might lead into a wallsplat if you are close enough. Hard to tell so its better to just hit with a normal heavy.

That being said,. I hope they give Centurion a COMPLETE rework. Like remove him from game and reintroduce him as a new character. Shield and all.

Introduce him as a new heavy? :D

Hormly
01-20-2018, 08:06 AM
The centurion is smelly

Tyrjo
01-20-2018, 09:30 AM
I don't think Centurion is a one trick pony at all. Sure, if you play him only to do his wall splat punish he is, but you can win even without that. He has an incredibly easy access to stuns and soft feints, his heavies are incredibly fast and he has a parry counter to turn the tide of battle permanently.

ChampionRuby50g
01-20-2018, 09:38 AM
I don't think Centurion is a one trick pony at all. Sure, if you play him only to do his wall splat punish he is, but you can win even without that. He has an incredibly easy access to stuns and soft feints, his heavies are incredibly fast and he has a parry counter to turn the tide of battle permanently.

So you mean to say that if my LB at full health gets parry countered on my first attack against a Centurion the tide of battle will never be in my favour? Yeah nah, never ever the case.

BarbeQMichael
01-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Centurion is extremely strong if gets his special moves in, but if you manage to counter them, he is only average. That said, you cant really parry because of his ability to soft feint into gb which leads then to 60dmg, jumping attacks and charged heavies are 60 dmg attacks too, they are easy to parry but sometimes cents are able to feint the charged heavy after it flashes (when you need to dodge or parry) which is death penaulty. But stay away from walls and you neglected one way to make the half-hitpoints hit.

Tyrjo
01-20-2018, 09:54 AM
So you mean to say that if my LB at full health gets parry countered on my first attack against a Centurion the tide of battle will never be in my favour? Yeah nah, never ever the case.

Nice straw man. The tide of battle hasn't begun then.

ChampionRuby50g
01-20-2018, 12:01 PM
Nice straw man. The tide of battle hasn't begun then.

The tide of battle is always In my favour 😏

But in all seriousness, one parry counter does not decide the outcome of a battle, as you are implying. No matter if Iím at full health or half, if Iím parried it doesnít decide the outcome. Different story if you are on your last bar or 2, but that isnít something thatís limited to Cent. The battle is never over until your dead.

BarbeQMichael
01-20-2018, 12:11 PM
But in all seriousness, one parry counter does not decide the outcome of a battle, as you are implying. No matter if I’m at full health or half, if I’m parried it doesn’t decide the outcome. Different story if you are on your last bar or 2, but that isn’t something that’s limited to Cent. The battle is never over until your dead.

Of course it is not over until it is over, but one parry/gb or your failed parry means you are down to 50% health and oos, another and you are dead with most heroes.

ChampionRuby50g
01-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Of course it is not over until it is over, but one parry/gb or your failed parry means you are down to 50% health and oos, another and you are dead with most heroes.

And been at 50% doesnít mean the tide of battle is permanently against you. Sure you might be on the back foot, but you can turn the fight around just as easily. If I, as a LB, get my swift justice finisher combo off after wallsplatting a Cent after impaling charge they are usually pretty close to death, tide of battle is certainly in my favour, but not permant. The Cent could still come back and potentially win.

BarbeQMichael
01-20-2018, 12:32 PM
And been at 50% doesn’t mean the tide of battle is permanently against you. Sure you might be on the back foot, but you can turn the fight around just as easily. If I, as a LB, get my swift justice finisher combo off after wallsplatting a Cent after impaling charge they are usually pretty close to death, tide of battle is certainly in my favour, but not permant. The Cent could still come back and potentially win.

I didn't mean that you are doomed, just that the odds are against you. Cent needs you to make only 2 mistakes and you are dead, so after the first one you gotta be really careful

ChampionRuby50g
01-20-2018, 12:58 PM
I didn't mean that you are doomed, just that the odds are against you. Cent needs you to make only 2 mistakes and you are dead, so after the first one you gotta be really careful

Nah I get what you meant, I was just reiterating it for Tyrjoís point he was making. I should have made that clearer in my reply.

Dasteel1974
01-24-2018, 04:29 AM

So how many mistakes does Centurion need to make before he is dead? With the lowest health in the game and, correct me if I am wrong, the slowest stamina regen in the game. You parry him once and there is a pretty good chance that he is OOS. I have lost matches where my stamina never came back after OOS. He is an absolute underdog against Lawbringer and most other players due to a myriad of reasons. Moveset, speed of attack, speed of regen or just speed on your feet. The only player I can think of that he isnít an underdog to is Kensei, and against the right player using Kensei, he is an underdog there as well. He has the shortest range of any character, the lowest HP, the weakest heavies in the game and if you were to take away the wall splat, he would have nothing. At all. He is a noob killer. If you have a problem with him then your Defense sucks a fat one. If you look at the Elite players of the game and who they use when playing other elite players, and you will see who none of them use. Centurion.

ChampionRuby50g
01-24-2018, 04:39 AM
So how many mistakes does Centurion need to make before he is dead? With the lowest health in the game and, correct me if I am wrong, the slowest stamina regen in the game. You parry him once and there is a pretty good chance that he is OOS. I have lost matches where my stamina never came back after OOS. He is an absolute underdog against Lawbringer and most other players due to a myriad of reasons. Moveset, speed of attack, speed of regen or just speed on your feet. The only player I can think of that he isnít an underdog to is Kensei, and against the right player using Kensei, he is an underdog there as well. He has the shortest range of any character, the lowest HP, the weakest heavies in the game and if you were to take away the wall splat, he would have nothing. At all. He is a noob killer. If you have a problem with him then your Defense sucks a fat one. If you look at the Elite players of the game and who they use when playing other elite players, and you will see who none of them use. Centurion.

With Centurion having the 2nd highest stamina in the game, behind Gladiator, youíd only be in danger of going OOS from a parry if you where already low on stamina as a Cent. That comes down to the players stamina management. Cent has the fastest heavies in the game, itís a balancing issue if you give him both fast and high damage heavies.

PanzerShrekonin
01-24-2018, 05:09 AM
With Centurion having the 2nd highest stamina in the game, behind Gladiator, you’d only be in danger of going OOS from a parry if you where already low on stamina as a Cent. That comes down to the players stamina management. Cent has the fastest heavies in the game, it’s a balancing issue if you give him both fast and high damage heavies.

Hes super easy to parry. He can't feint as well as the others((The heavy feints. Not the charged heavy gb feint.))

So its just really super easy to fight a centurion....

Centurion lost what made him really good. He kills noobs/bad players.

Dasteel1974
01-24-2018, 05:55 AM
Not really. You could have just under half and and go OOS with a parry. I have had it happen countless times just like about 5 minutes ago with a LB. I have even had as much as 70-80% of my stamina get drained in one parry. Also, if you go OOS against Raider, you will never get it back as he has a multitude of ways to keep you drained. And I donít care what stats they show, his heavy isnít faster than Aramusha heavy. I have it on video where I have a heavy already on the way to him before he starts his and his heavy hits me first and I am executed. Would love to know how to post vids on here. Donít have all the vids anymore as I have cleared them out several times, but have the Aramusha heavy, the Shaman leap, stamina drain and a few other things that shouldnít happen. But what do I know.

Warp_11
01-24-2018, 06:17 AM
my issue with centurion is that it feels terrible to play against him on dominion, he is a better ganker than lawbringer

ChampionRuby50g
01-24-2018, 06:26 AM
Not really. You could have just under half and and go OOS with a parry. I have had it happen countless times just like about 5 minutes ago with a LB. I have even had as much as 70-80% of my stamina get drained in one parry. Also, if you go OOS against Raider, you will never get it back as he has a multitude of ways to keep you drained. And I donít care what stats they show, his heavy isnít faster than Aramusha heavy. I have it on video where I have a heavy already on the way to him before he starts his and his heavy hits me first and I am executed. Would love to know how to post vids on here. Donít have all the vids anymore as I have cleared them out several times, but have the Aramusha heavy, the Shaman leap, stamina drain and a few other things that shouldnít happen. But what do I know.

If you are on Xbox, you can go to the websites Xboxclips or Xbox Dvr and they will be there, you can find your clips and link them and we can view them. (Shout out to UbiInsulin for the links). You could even upload them to YouTube and link videos then. If you are on any other platform, google would be your best bet in finding out how to get those videos online and linking them.

Sorry if I donít take your word for it, I just donít think one parry removes over 3 quarters of your stamina. Show me the videos and then Iíll be able to dissect what really is happening and offer advice or see if you are indeed correct. But as it is now, itís hard for me to understand if what you are saying is true or not. I canít do tests on it myself as Iím overseas from home and donít have access to my Xbox. Iíll try and find frame data on attack speeds in the meantime.

Iíve been OOS against a raider many times and have gotten my stamina back. Donít say youíll never get it back because itís simply not true.

Edit:
Aramusha heavy speeds
Heavies (All directions) 700ms

Comboed heavy (Same guard) 900ms

Comboed heavy (Opposite guard, top) 600ms

Comboed heavy (Opposite guard, side) 700ms

Earliest forward dash can be canceled into forward dash heavy(All directions) 300ms into dodge.

Forward dash top heavy, 600ms.

Forward dash side heavy, 700ms

Centurion heavies:

Side Heavies - 600 / 500
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Top Heavies - 600 / 600
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Dash heavy - 900

So we can seee that Centurion and Aramusha have very similar heavy attack speed then, with Cent only getting a quicker heavy on his 2nd.

Dasteel1974
01-24-2018, 06:42 AM
I am on Xbox but last time I tried it wouldnít let me do it. I ended up filming 3 vids on my phone then uploaded on youtube and copied the links. Just a pain in the ***. I talked about the wall splat being jacked up and posted vids of it but heard crickets about it.

Tundra 793
01-24-2018, 06:45 AM
I am on Xbox but last time I tried it wouldn’t let me do it. I ended up filming 3 vids on my phone then uploaded on youtube and copied the links. Just a pain in the ***. I talked about the wall splat being jacked up and posted vids of it but heard crickets about it.

If you have a Windows 10 PC, the Xbox App also has the DVR function, sync it with your Xbox and you can download all your clips straight from the Xbox to your PC, rather than going through third party sites and software.

Dasteel1974
01-24-2018, 06:54 AM
Here are a couple that show the wall splat malfunctions and a surprise. A third the Warden doesnít make it to the wall for no reason. Definitely should have hit. Had this happen a number of times on different screens against different fighters. I will have to go through some vids to see if I have any other recorded. But as far as wall splat goes, I have had it dodged, blocked and parried by just about every character in the game. Oh, and my internet is over 100mb/s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkvEsMzvdSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHKYqAvdVRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsFk-KzB098
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXA71tkPLY

brashtralas
01-24-2018, 07:16 AM
The game is just unbelievably buggy. I believe you, because it happens to me all the time.

I literally JUST had a shaman dodge out of my charged jab after I landed a fully charged stab on her. Great. I hit record, but I forgot I have it disabled to enhance performance on pubg.

As for stamina, I really donít think it matters at all. If we go by the dlc characters as a reference for the reworks, stamina is increasingly meaning less and less.

A shaman can 100-0 most(all?) character on one bar of stamina with an ungodly amount of feints thrown in. Aramusha can just not worry about stamina at all, once he unlocks rocksteady.

Itís... just annoying.

ChampionRuby50g
01-24-2018, 07:19 AM
Here are a couple that show the wall splat malfunctions and a surprise. A third the Warden doesnít make it to the wall for no reason. Definitely should have hit. Had this happen a number of times on different screens against different fighters. I will have to go through some vids to see if I have any other recorded. But as far as wall splat goes, I have had it dodged, blocked and parried by just about every character in the game. Oh, and my internet is over 100mb/s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkvEsMzvdSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHKYqAvdVRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsFk-KzB098
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXA71tkPLY

With the Warden, that potentially may have just been a range issue, too hard to tell. But to the others, Iíve noticed something similar myself a few times too. As LB doing the impaling charge into a wall I havenít been able to get a top heavy off even though it should be confirmed. Same after throwing into a wall. I was wondering if itís perhaps Iím pressing heavy not immedialty after the wall splat, but after viewing your videos it could be a deeper issue.

Dasteel1974
01-24-2018, 07:00 PM
I have had it happen so many times now I really donít even bother recording. If I do it is more or less for me to look back at and see if everything was done correctly. I enjoy Centurion. He is my main even if they have totally screwed him due to people pissing and moaning. Said it many times that I had no problem with the fix to the stand up jab or fixing the stamina charge. Both were good fixes. But the rest of it really made him obsolete against better players. The need hurt him in every way possible. I will try tonight to upload some vids. One thing about me is I may be wrong about some things but I donít lie about stuff. And for the record, I guess I never noticed it before, but it is BS that an assassin can spin under a light attack from the side. Speaking of spinning, got a crazy vid of a Shaman spinning on a quad kick. Insane.

Jiblet2017
01-24-2018, 10:07 PM
While I don't think centurion is the powerhouse he was on release, he certainly is much better off than a majority of the vanilla cast. Characters like Shug and orochi definitely need some love wayyyy before Cent.

PanzerShrekonin
01-24-2018, 11:45 PM
While I don't think centurion is the powerhouse he was on release, he certainly is much better off than a majority of the vanilla cast. Characters like Shug and orochi definitely need some love wayyyy before Cent.

Shugoki will stomp a Centurion any time. Orochi does need love.

Dasteel1974
01-25-2018, 01:42 AM
Shugoki will stomp a Centurion any time. Orochi does need love.

Orochi is an excellent character. I would say that it is the second best defensive player in the game with only Conqueror, the Ultra Turtle, ahead of him. Not an aggressive player but can be a very annoying character and quite difficult to beat. Shugoki is stupid with his armor. Centurion canít even get close to him. Legion Kick does nothing to him, he can absorb so much damage and has the stupidest move in the game that 100% kills you if his health is low. So you manage to whittle down a huge amount of HP only to die because of a GB or just a block. Yea. Stupid. Sorry, while he is my main, Centurion is far from the top.

Devils-_-legacy
01-25-2018, 02:46 PM
How is orochi the second best defensive hero? When there's lb and other heros that benefit way more from defensive play

Dasteel1974
01-25-2018, 07:47 PM
While I agree that LB is a great defensive player, I truly believe that Orochi is better. His deflects give him the edge. Also he has better offensive defensive moves whereas LB is nothing but a Shove spamming machine. Just my opinion, but that is what I see.