PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi nerfed too hard

Ruskie0
01-18-2018, 05:00 PM
So im a shinobi main and i really think that he got nerfed waaayyy too hard with the quad double dodge now its pretty much useless its extremely depressing for a shinobi main like me

Sneakly20
01-18-2018, 05:22 PM
So im a shinobi main and i really think that he got nerfed waaayyy too hard with the quad double dodge now its pretty much useless its extremely depressing for a shinobi main like me

I would like to warn you that this thread will probably get a lot of hate because you put shinobi main and nerfed too hard in the same thread. I main shinobi myself believe it or not. I think hes alright. Need a few changes but overall hes alright.

Trenk2009
01-18-2018, 07:18 PM
The quad dash into kick hasn't been deleted. it just became harder to input.

Knight_Raime
01-19-2018, 12:48 PM
How was it nerfed?
You can perform infinite dashes now till you're out of stamina just by holding heavy. It's so much easier to do quad dashes now.
And you can still perform a kick out of it as well. The input time has changed. You now dodge (dash twice) and during the smoke you let go of heavy and then dodge again and input kick.
it's different timing. But you'll get used to it.
If the timing is too much for you to get down you can always quickly cancel the heavy in between both dodges by hard feinting it and then immediately dodging again.

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 12:52 PM
I still don't see why shinobi has the infinite dodge spam when you get the timings down you can play mostly risk free

Knight_Raime
01-19-2018, 01:04 PM
I still don't see why shinobi has the infinite dodge spam when you get the timings down you can play mostly risk free

Because when it comes down to things wether shin has one dash or 15 it doesn't let them get in on someone easier. You still have the same tools. If the person isn't actively trying to punish you dodging they can just wait and react to whatever you chose to do after. be it the kick or the light attacks. If you could still GB before you were entirely out of the animation of the dodge like at launch or his kick was back to launch state I could see it as a problem.

But at this point it's just something fancy that only really works against aggressive players.

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 02:40 PM
I know how it works I got my shin to rep 20 I really don't think I need it feels cheap to use and the gb doesn't follow through with quad dash personally its never connected when i use it or did they fix that

Alustar.exe
01-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Plus seeing as how you can snatch him with a GB while he's a puff of smoke with no option to counter. I do this to shinobi all the time.

BTTrinity
01-19-2018, 04:36 PM
As someone who also plays Shino as a second main, his quad dash should be removed. But its easier to do now, just hold the heavy and dash, no need to even let it go

We.the.North
01-20-2018, 05:18 PM
Rep 38 Shinobi here, here's my thoughts on the Quad Dash in short : I agree, it was nerfed way too hard.

The quad dash into kick hasn't been deleted. it just became harder to input.

It has become much harder to input, I spent a good 30 minutes in practice so I could pull off a Quad dodge kick consistently and I can do it about 70% of the time. The problem is that other 30% always come out has a normal super slow heavy attack easy to parry because Shinobi has the slowest heavy in the game by far. Kick + ranged heavy punish for 25 damage while some heroes can punish after a parry for 40+ damage. It's not worth the risk at high elo. In other words, Quad Dash Kick HAS BEEN REMOVED.

His quad dash should be removed.

I disagree. A normal double dash was never unique ... it's mostly pointless. Quad Dodge, while not intented design, made the Shinobi incredible at mind games. Those mind games were not unfair like some other heroes' moves, remember the kick heavy only deals 25 damage. The Quad dodge just made playing Shinobi extremely interesting to play because of all the possibilities.

If you Double dash kick : Opponent dodges and you backflip. Resets the fight to neutral. Repeating this doesn't advance the fight in any way and is just annoying play from the Shinobi's part. It is also extremely safe for the Shinobi to do so ... expect him to spam it.

If you Quad dash kick : Opponent can guardbreak you while you puff smoke and punish you with a heavy ; If opponent dodged early, you can punish him with a weaker heavy. In that situation, the fight moved forward !!

In other words, Quad dash made the game more fun because things happen when you quad dash. People are already crying over turtle-ish gameplay and removing the quad dash kick only makes turtles stronger. It slows the game down, which encourage ganking gameplay in 4v4 modes.

TLDR : The double dash has always been pointless. Shinobi should have had an official quad dash since day 1. It's better design. So Ubisoft, after a double dodge, allow Shinobi to either Kick / Light / Heavy / Double Dodge again. That would be good desgin.

BTTrinity
01-20-2018, 05:45 PM
Rep 38 Shinobi here, here's my thoughts on the Quad Dash in short : I agree, it was nerfed way too hard.

It has become much harder to input, I spent a good 30 minutes in practice so I could pull off a Quad dodge kick consistently and I can do it about 70% of the time. The problem is that other 30% always come out has a normal super slow heavy attack easy to parry because Shinobi has the slowest heavy in the game by far. Kick + ranged heavy punish for 25 damage while some heroes can punish after a parry for 40+ damage. It's not worth the risk at high elo. In other words, Quad Dash Kick HAS BEEN REMOVED.

I disagree. A normal double dash was never unique ... it's mostly pointless. Quad Dodge, while not intented design, made the Shinobi incredible at mind games. Those mind games were not unfair like some other heroes' moves, remember the kick heavy only deals 25 damage. The Quad dodge just made playing Shinobi extremely interesting to play because of all the possibilities.

If you Double dash kick : Opponent dodges and you backflip. Resets the fight to neutral. Repeating this doesn't advance the fight in any way and is just annoying play from the Shinobi's part. It is also extremely safe for the Shinobi to do so ... expect him to spam it.

If you Quad dash kick : Opponent can guardbreak you while you puff smoke and punish you with a heavy ; If opponent dodged early, you can punish him with a weaker heavy. In that situation, the fight moved forward !!

In other words, Quad dash made the game more fun because things happen when you quad dash. People are already crying over turtle-ish gameplay and removing the quad dash kick only makes turtles stronger. It slows the game down, which encourage ganking gameplay in 4v4 modes.

TLDR : The double dash has always been pointless. Shinobi should have had an official quad dash since day 1. It's better design. So Ubisoft, after a double dodge, allow Shinobi to either Kick / Light / Heavy / Double Dodge again. That would be good desgin.

I disagree with almost everything you say.... Stop trying to use Shinobis kick as an turtle breaker and use him as the agile counter attacker he was designed as. (Which, I think his design is great because he does what hes meant to VERY Well) It seems you just dont like the concept of him being a counter attacker, and would rather him be good at spamming. Spam meta is just as cancerous as Turtle for the one on the receiving end. His quad dash kick really rubs new players the wrong way too.

We.the.North
01-20-2018, 06:39 PM
Stop trying to use Shinobis kick as an turtle breaker and use him as the agile counter attacker he was designed as.

His design is flawed. Most heroes' design is flawed. Whey do you think the last hero tournament was such a pain to watch ?? The game isn't entertaining ... why ?? Because EVERYTHING in this game rewards being a counter attacker.

Playing turtley means you spam guardbreak or wait for a parry opportunity to deal damage. Playing as a "counter attacker" is the same thing, you wait until your opponent does something before you "counter attack". Both are turtley, both are just waiting.

So instead of defending everything that's wrong with this game (turtling), why not encourage Ubisoft to change a flawed design and give players more opportunities to make things happen. Like I said, Quad Dodge kicking always result in one of the two heroes taking damage while normal double dodge kick just resets the fight to neutral and doesn't achieve anything.

Game is more fun with Quad Dodging kick for all players. Game is stale, long and lead to staring duels with normal double dodge kicking.

Devils-_-legacy
01-20-2018, 09:59 PM
I admit it's fun to use but not for the players on the receiving imo just a cheesy move to use can make a game way to safe you clear out of an objective faster then run at times or at the tracking should be fixed on it if it becomes apart of his kit officialy the majority of the time attacks/gb don't seem to track me when I use it