PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's are overpowerd

SaschoS
01-18-2018, 10:15 AM
Please low health does not help. Assassin's can disrupt every action others are making they are just waiting when you want to hit them then they will use his light or dodge and kill you in 2 shots. I know it is easy to kill them but in duels they are nasty if they are focused. It is sad when you see your guard break goes off and then assassin just uses his light... or when you do your light and he interupt's it with his light.

Kliftheone
01-18-2018, 10:35 AM
Hello! :)

I do not know what you play, what your experience or skill level is in this game, nor, if you are referring to every assassin or if there are a few in particular or which platform you play on. But, the fact that we lack a lag compensation seems to only make things worse, however they are working on releasing both dedicated servers and a new lag compensation soon, and this will surely help with a lot of the problems people have when it comes to blocking or parrying attacks, as well, as inconsistencies people experience. An example would be, you GB someone only to find out they got the GB on you.

Now, I myself play on console, and I play most characters on the rooster and I usually donīt find assassin too strong in eider duels or other game modes unless they have a really bad connection with me or clearly uses lagswitch mechanics. I at least found the key when fighting assassins, and I general, is to not be overly offensive, I don`t necessarily mean to become a full outblown turtle, but if I take PK vs Warden as an example you can at least get some tips if it is how to fight assassins that is the issue and not continuously people with bad connection to you.

Now if I were the Warden I would try and read my opponent in a 1v1, see if my enemy has a pattern or is overly dodge happy. So after I block a light I am able to do a top light attack into my shoulder bash mix-ups, I can GB them if they are dodge happy or I can zone. But, in order for me to do so without taking a light to the face I eider have to reset the game back to neutral or land a block so I don`t get hit staggered. Also, the spacing is of huge importance in this game, vs a PK you can find that middle zone where he can only close that gap with a leap attack (free parry) or a zone, and his zone side is where you wanna keep your guard most of the time in the encounter. Some PK`s overly rely on their side dodge attack, this can be baited with a heavy faint and you can get that free parry.

Now I know 500 MS lights that can be chained is harder to block than 500-600 MS light of other characters, especially when there is a reflex guard on your opponent. But, For Honor is a game that requires a lot of match knowledge and mucelmemory/experience to do well in. So now I simplify and present one matchup and how to counter lights without bringing up parrying. But every matchup in this game has a full paper you could write on what to do or how to play/counter or be aggressive against them.

I hope this helps, and if there are other match-ups you struggle with I`m sure if you post them here or on Reddit, there are a lot of skillful players that eider plays the same character as you or the one you struggle with and can share how to do that match-up.

Now, I`m sorry about my bad grammar and spelling, this is not my first nor second language! :)

/Klif

Tyrjo
01-18-2018, 10:44 AM
Assassins are definitely stronger on console than PC due to the 30FPS of frames we don't have. I also think that some assassins have too much health given how diverse their kits are. Gladiator and Shaman comes to mind. They both have terrific dodge ability and dodge attacks as well. Making dodge turtling a great option for them.

BarbeQMichael
01-18-2018, 10:57 AM
Yes, overally assassin's are better than the rest of the roster, simply due to them having more advantages without disadvantages. Yet rather than nerfing assassins (except for their hp should be lower) I'd like to see other characters brought up to their level, more precicely them to have unique mechanics like assassins have.

Knight_Raime
01-18-2018, 12:18 PM
uh.
no.

PDXGorechild
01-18-2018, 02:31 PM
What classes do you play and which classes do you have trouble with?

This is a sweeping statement to the max. Some of them may be considered overpowered, but I actually think they are just diverse, with very effective kits, putting them in the higher tiers. Other classes need to be as effective as they are, just in different ways. Hopefully the reworks achieve this.

Shaman and Glad and glad are top tier, highly effective. Shaman bite damage and/or healing could do with nerfing but otherwise nothing obviously overpowered.

PK and Shinobi - Again both highly effective in the right hands but manageable. PK light spam can be difficult to deal with agreeably but they don't all do it.

Orochi and Berserker - Widely considered low or mid tier at best.

Alustar.exe
01-18-2018, 03:17 PM
I think this is more of an outside looking in view point, there are plenty of downfalls to playing assassin that make up for the perks, a degrading block, inability to CGB from a dodge, deflect(not as easy as parry) lower health, lower defense, lower damage(in some cases).
The difference is that players know this, a lot of times even before they chose the character. And struggled to learn their class in depth. Because the alternative is getting wrecked every time you fight.

PDXGorechild
01-18-2018, 04:33 PM
I think this is more of an outside looking in view point, there are plenty of downfalls to playing assassin that make up for the perks, a degrading block, inability to CGB from a dodge, deflect(not as easy as parry) lower health, lower defense, lower damage(in some cases).
The difference is that players know this, a lot of times even before they chose the character. And struggled to learn their class in depth. Because the alternative is getting wrecked every time you fight.

https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/Alustar

Wot do yuo know Alu you have -10 K/D loooooool not the GREAT player you always claim to be.

David_gorda
01-18-2018, 04:40 PM
https://fhtracker.com/profile/psn/Alustar

Wot do yuo know Alu you have -10 K/D loooooool not the GREAT player you always claim to be.
Lol Alustar the "humble" that brags how great he is in 4vs4 despite having a K/D Below 1 maining pk, Thx Always fun to see his stats :D

PDXGorechild
01-18-2018, 04:44 PM
Wow, it worked.

You can actually summon this idiot.

David_gorda
01-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Wow, it worked.

Why are you saying that to Alustar? I thought you were friends. Not nice Of you to post his stats either and embarrising him...

High-Horse
01-18-2018, 05:08 PM
Dodge turtling? Sounds like an oxymoron

Tyrjo
01-18-2018, 06:48 PM

You would think that, but no. It's essentially doing nothing except dodging around all the time out of guard break distance, waiting for your opponent do something, miss and get recovery frames, then punish.

ChampionRuby50g
01-18-2018, 07:45 PM
Wow, it worked.

Hahahaha, +1 to that.

NHLGoldenKnight
01-18-2018, 08:09 PM
I actually agree that assassins are little bit on a OP side, however not all of them.

Orrochi seems to be fine, although I do not like him at all. Rest of them? They have too much going on for them.

My biggest issue is damage they deal, not their moveset. It just doesn't make sense for Berserker, Shaman or some other assasins to deal as much damage or even more when compared to weapons such as poleaxe, claymore, or flail. When you account for their speed and stamina, small health difference becomes irrelevant very quickly.

Also, the way assasins relate to larger/slower heroes seems to be off. The big boys should be one controlling the battlefield and assasins should have different advantages. However, in practice, playing as Lawbringer or Highlander it is very hard to fight assasins out inna open. Whenever I face Shinobi for example, I am dead man unless I can run for cover I get him to come after me in smaller space. Even then, he is too fast and fight will be hard. So from that standpoint, game is flawed.

I feel like developers give more love to assasins and it does affect the game, possibly in negative way. Maybe that is because Ubisoft stands behind AC games so they feel more connected with the idea of an assasin or they are being biased for some other reasons. I would like too see assasins nerfed but really just a slightly. Take away little bit of damage they deal and little bit of health from Shaman, Gladiator and Shinobi. Just a little bit, and I would be okmwith that.

Also, show some love for Conq, Highlander and similar heroes. They feel like too much of an easy prey for try hard packs of assasins to pick on.

Alustar.exe
01-18-2018, 08:53 PM
Wow, it worked.

I had something clever to say, then fell asleep and woke up to this. I'm not disappointed in the least. XD

David_gorda
01-18-2018, 09:26 PM
I had something clever to say, then fell asleep and woke up to this. I'm not disappointed in the least. XD yeah you well known for being clever, maybe another mathematical analyse from you where you say you are same skill lvl as me please :D
https://images.google.se/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fc5%2Fa8%2F60%2Fc5a860 feadd5e8d0a6fde80fa2c06b6e.gif&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F 236157574180043540%2F&docid=x39j5KG6gGuESM&tbnid=dfh2b7Mp2QpotM%3A&vet=1&w=500&h=376&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim

BlowHard74728
01-18-2018, 11:23 PM
yeah you well known for being clever, maybe another mathematical analyse from you where you say you are same skill lvl as me please :D
https://images.google.se/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fc5%2Fa8%2F60%2Fc5a860 feadd5e8d0a6fde80fa2c06b6e.gif&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F 236157574180043540%2F&docid=x39j5KG6gGuESM&tbnid=dfh2b7Mp2QpotM%3A&vet=1&w=500&h=376&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim

Do you just like getting on here and being a bully? I love how your first defense or insult is looking at someones KDR and making fun of them. Lol grow up dude!

David_gorda
01-18-2018, 11:26 PM
Do you just like getting on here and being a bully? I love how your first defense or insult is looking at someones KDR and making fun of them. Lol grow up dude! wrong i dont care about Peoples kd except when they Bully other forum Members and tell others to git Gud. Yes i find it funny when People lie and say they great at the Game and get busted.

BlowHard74728
01-18-2018, 11:49 PM
wrong i dont care about Peoples kd except when they Bully other forum Members and tell others to git Gud. Yes i find it funny when People lie and say they great at the Game and get busted.

Exactly as you just pointed out. "Bullying other forum members and tell other to git Gud" thats exactly what youre doing here. You dont need high kd rates to be considered good at the game. And every post ive seen alustar make about telling others to "Git Gud" he has given them constructive critiscm and ways to improve in a respectful manner.

David_gorda
01-18-2018, 11:54 PM
Exactly as you just pointed out. "Bullying other forum members and tell other to git Gud" thats exactly what youre doing here. You dont need high kd rates to be considered good at the game. And every post ive seen alustar make about telling others to "Git Gud" he has given them constructive critiscm and ways to improve in a respectful manner.
Nope never Said git Gud to anyone on the forum. Only loled at 2 people on forum that Been bullying others and Telling them to git Gud.
Alustar is well known for trolling and has for example posted my stats and accused me for padding My stats.
Check his post history if you dont Believe me.

ChampionRuby50g
01-19-2018, 12:23 AM
Nope never Said git Gud to anyone on the forum. Only loled at 2 people on forum that Been bullying others and Telling them to git Gud.
Alustar is well known for trolling and has for example posted my stats and accused me for padding My stats.
Check his post history if you dont Believe me.

And you taking every opportunity to post Alustars stats and shame him for supposedly been bad at the game in literally any post he decides to give feedback regarding an issue. How is what you are doing any different?
I find I agree with a lot of Alustars arguments and that Iím in a like mind to him often, why donít you post my stats and try and shame me every time, or do you just have a hard on for Alustar all the time?
Alustar is well known for trolling... first Iíve heard of it. Didnít realise trolling was immediately something that you personally donít agree with.

David_gorda
01-19-2018, 12:28 AM
And you taking every opportunity to post Alustars stats and shame him for supposedly been bad at the game in literally any post he decides to give feedback regarding an issue. How is what you are doing any different?
I find I agree with a lot of Alustars arguments and that Iím in a like mind to him often, why donít you post my stats and try and shame me every time, or do you just have a hard on for Alustar all the time?
Alustar is well known for trolling... first Iíve heard of it. Didnít realise trolling was immediately something that you personally donít agree with. i posted his stats twice If i remember correctly. He has posted plenty Of git Gud comments to other Members, lying about being great at the Game and accused me Of padding me stats to name Few things his Done.
You have Done nothing wrong afaik championruby so i have No reason to post your stats.

Alustar.exe
01-19-2018, 02:07 AM
Alustar is well known for trolling... first Iíve heard of it. Didnít realise trolling was immediately something that you personally donít agree with.

Appreciate the props, to be fair I do tend to troll from time to time. Sad part is, all the stated because I decided to try and offer him some help dealing with PK light spam.
Lesson learned there, I guess.

David_gorda
01-19-2018, 02:30 AM
Appreciate the props, to be fair I do tend to troll from time to time. Sad part is, all the stated because I decided to try and offer him some help dealing with PK light spam.
Lesson learned there, I guess. tried to offer help dealing with pk light spam lol. Even pros on both on both console and PC have problems with pk:s light spam so your "help" is useless. Here is an article Of pk being banned on tournaments from last Year http://www.pcgamer.com/mlg-will-trial-banning-the-peacekeeper-in-for-honor-tournaments/

BTTrinity
01-19-2018, 05:20 AM
Wow, it worked.

LMAO Im so glad I got on the forums tonight, I needed a good laugh. Thank you lmao

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 09:13 AM
I think any post with David & alustar is worth a read through lol

Alustar.exe
01-19-2018, 09:15 AM
I think any post with David & alustar is worth a read through lol

If nothing else, I do try to be entertaining
:)

PDXGorechild
01-19-2018, 09:38 AM
Apologies to the OP, I feel I've started something and this thread and it's gone off on a tangent like many others have at the moment. It is entertaining though, so glad it made some people laugh.

And David, Alustar can be a bit of a troll. He's a friendly one though.

Also as said to you numerous times already, K/D doesn't really mean sh!t. Alu revives team mates, is careful with friendly fire, co-ordinates with his team to achieve objectives, and generally finishes with more kills than deaths. That does make him "A great player" to have by your side in a 4v4, imo.

I'd much rather a team-mate like that than a selfish lone wolf with a 3:1 K/D ratio.

Also, FH tracker is pretty inaccurate anyway.

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 09:42 AM
Hay lone wolf's aren't all selfish some of us just want to see if we can hold our own either 1 v 1 or if it works walking into the enemy team on your ones and taking them all out (best part of for honor) and fh tracker is normally accurate for dominion ect I think duels are the only stats that aren't always accurate imo

PDXGorechild
01-19-2018, 09:50 AM
Hay lone wolf's aren't all selfish some of us just want to see if we can hold our own either 1 v 1 or if it works walking into the enemy team on your ones and taking them all out (best part of for honor) and fh tracker is normally accurate for dominion ect I think duels are the only stats that aren't always accurate imo

That's fine dude, I do it too when i'm solo. I was talking about team games with friends.

4h tracker doesn't match my in-game stats at all.

https://i.imgur.com/0nSrjmP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2OfCrL4.jpg

Perhaps someone can explain why.

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 10:01 AM
I think It is tracking you at least level wise it's saying your rep 41 so I'm guessing your overall reps gone up from your zerk pic and your kills don't seem right tho looking at playlist but ur individual hero's stats look like there right on your zerk ( they don't add in vs ai tho so if you've leveled a hero through ai u need to play a pvp game to get the stats to show) I would like to add fair bloody play to you sticking to zerk tho

ArchDukeInstinct
01-19-2018, 10:02 AM

What do people think turtling is? It simply means that you attack very little or not at all.

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 10:10 AM
I think he found issue with the dodge bit as it's gives the opportunity for a free gb

SaschoS
01-19-2018, 10:29 AM
I hope with new patch things will change a bit

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 12:00 PM
I'm looking forward to starting season 5 parry changes and dedicated servers look like game changers

PDXGorechild
01-19-2018, 12:08 PM
I think It is tracking you at least level wise it's saying your rep 41 so I'm guessing your overall reps gone up from your zerk pic and your kills don't seem right tho looking at playlist but ur individual hero's stats look like there right on your zerk ( they don't add in vs ai tho so if you've leveled a hero through ai u need to play a pvp game to get the stats to show) I would like to add fair bloody play to you sticking to zerk tho

Thanks man ;)

Well my overall rank is the same as my rank on Zerk currently (Never seen this with anyone else higher level, I must be a fanatic). I've played all other chars in practice or in multiplayer to learn movesets but not past presitge 1. Never play vs AI.

Zerk is pretty much the sum total of all my play currently, so I don't think the odd stint I've done on other classes would be significant enough to drag my overall K/D etc down so much on FHtracker when compared to the stats in game. Not that it matters much to me tbh, just wanted to point out to the people using it as a point of reference all the time that it doesn't seem to be that accurate anyway.

Alustar.exe
01-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Thanks man ;)

Well my overall rank is the same as my rank on Zerk currently (Never seen this with anyone else higher level, I must be a fanatic). I've played all other chars in practice or in multiplayer to learn movesets but not past presitge 1. Never play vs AI.

Zerk is pretty much the sum total of all my play currently, so I don't think the odd stint I've done on other classes would be significant enough to drag my overall K/D etc down so much on FHtracker when compared to the stats in game. Not that it matters much to me tbh, just wanted to point out to the people using it as a point of reference all the time that it doesn't seem to be that accurate anyway.

Yeah, that's what tanks my over all K/D really. I've got a bit of live playtime on every hero so I could see what I like the most before I settled with the 3-4 I use regularly.

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Yh learning a new hero and getting owned for a bit well u learn how the hero works can really knocks your k/d down in pvp took me a while to figure that out though I do tend to look at hero stats then the overall stats I find its a way better representation of how someone plays (lean towards assassins/heavys group/lone wolf by honorable kills ect)

Alustar.exe
01-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Yh learning a new hero and getting owned for a bit well u learn how the hero works can really knocks your k/d down in pvp took me a while to figure that out though I do tend to look at hero stats then the overall stats I find its a way better representation of how someone plays (lean towards assassins/heavys group/lone wolf by honorable kills ect)

exactly, I find these very much a kin to sorts stats. It's a great indicator of part performance and all give you decent prisons for future matches, but there is a lot it -doesn't- tell you, like frequency of blocks/dodges parry/deflect(attempt/success), revive (attempt/success), multi kills achieved(solo or with a group), executions(attempts/success).

Imagine if we could see that? Then you could get a full breakdown of a player and see exactly where the problem is.

David_gorda
01-19-2018, 02:16 PM
exactly, I find these very much a kin to sorts stats. It's a great indicator of part performance and all give you decent prisons for future matches, but there is a lot it -doesn't- tell you, like frequency of blocks/dodges parry/deflect(attempt/success), revive (attempt/success), multi kills achieved(solo or with a group), executions(attempts/success).

Imagine if we could see that? Then you could get a full breakdown of a player and see exactly where the problem is. yeah it would be intresting to see what skillchecks are constantly failed when having Below 1k/D while Main pk on console. i would definitly offer to help that player Out but i Guess practice against lvl 1 bots are enough to improve basic skill checks.

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 02:24 PM
The group part you can like yourself alustar you have a total kills of 6k honorable kills(even when your kicked they are counted btw) (1v1 1vx 2v2 3v3 4v4) you have 4k out of 6k pretty good indication that you don't gank

Alustar.exe
01-19-2018, 02:39 PM
The group part you can like yourself alustar you have a total kills of 6k honorable kills(even when your kicked they are counted btw) (1v1 1vx 2v2 3v3 4v4) you have 4k out of 6k pretty good indication that you don't gank

Didn't even know that, thanks! I spent the bulk of my time in the beginning running solo peacekeeper against entire teams. Did NOT always work in my favor..

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 02:44 PM
I've only been in 1 game with you and you didn't do that bad just need to bail out more

Alustar.exe
01-19-2018, 02:49 PM
True that, I get tunnel vision like a mofo

David_gorda
01-19-2018, 03:09 PM
I've only been in 1 game with you and you didn't do that bad just need to bail out more
We should play together soon. I want to see you and Alustar the great in action :D

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Lol I think I've played against you before you know the first game you were a warlord then the next game you switched to lb

David_gorda
01-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Lol I think I've played against you before you know the first game you were a warlord then the next game you switched to lb
Lol that sounds like me :D

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 03:23 PM
I Thought so lol

kbvlcvfkhgc
01-19-2018, 05:46 PM
most good assassins, or maybe I should say assassins that know how to exploit the game's mechanics simply wait for you to attack and then just dodge and light counter, rinse and repeat, there's no advantage to them engaging in any other way,

it seems every single Berserker I meet follows the same MO, spin to win, every PK dodge, dodge fast lights, how can you catch a shinobi that doesn't want to engage? your left swiping at empty air, unless your an assassin too your wasting your time, most of them never initiate, they will simply run away and then come back when they have numerical superiority, the assassin class is the cowards class, the sneaks class, these are the tactics that they rely on to win, their feats enhance these traits with traps/stuns & stealth mode so you cant even see them on the map,

the fast lights, the Assassins gift, I have played with my usual Vanguard class against some really good players, very skilled and between matches I switched to the Gladiator just to see what would happen, I don't even know his move set, all I did was dodge and light spam, side to side to side, top, toe stamp, that's all, never tried anything fancy, never threw any heavy's and I was very successful, its EZ mode,(I'm on PS4) people vote with their feet and that is why this game is dominated by assassins, why struggle with other classes when you can just spam the Sh!t out of R1 and come top or close to top every time?

bmason1000
01-19-2018, 06:40 PM
That's fine dude, I do it too when i'm solo. I was talking about team games with friends.

4h tracker doesn't match my in-game stats at all.

https://i.imgur.com/0nSrjmP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2OfCrL4.jpg

Perhaps someone can explain why.

Tracker doesn't take bots in to account, while in game stats do. So if you run a dom game against two players and two bots, tracker is only logging kd, kda all that jazz against the two human players. Over time, with the number of bots we all face, this can produce very different numbers.

Okita_Soji..
01-19-2018, 06:48 PM

Is that true with the stat thing? I never looked at that before and I'm at 5461 kills with 3921 honorable and really only play dominion. I guess then I'm not a DB while playing most of the time. I will go out of my way to gank a Centurion every chance I get though, haven't liked the class since season 2.

Devils-_-legacy
01-19-2018, 06:53 PM
It's one of reason I love fh tracker lol

UbiInsulin
01-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Hey, thanks to those of you who did actually respond to OP with your thoughts. This is not a thread that was created to discuss your individual FH skill or your opinions of each other. Please discuss the concerns raised by the thread or I'll need to consider closing it.