PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den January 18th

Tundra 793
01-18-2018, 04:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKNt0odkhBY

Time for another Den!

Candle's started a new, hopefully exciting and lucrative job, and we all wish him the best of luck. But, now I'll be doing the recaps for the foreseeable future.

We got an info dump from the Pope;

WARRIOR'S DEN
Straight up, this is one of those light weeks, sandwiched between content-packed weeks. As such it'll be more of a fun show with our writer Ari making on final appearance to chat about lore and memes before she moves on t other things. We'll also have a butt ton of Community Clips. Roman and Damien are double booked with an important meeting during the show so no Q&A, sorry! Well we can do Narrative Q&A with Ari actually.
TO THAT POINT: please reply below with ANY and ALL questions you have about For Honor Lore, Characters, Story, and MEMES. It will help Ari bring fun/funny stuff to discuss.

This was posted on Reddit, but if you guys *cough*Archo*cough* can think of any fun and interesting lore related questions, do post 'em, and I'll be sure to bug the hell out of Jurassic and Fred to have 'em send your questions to the Pope.
Personally, I just want to know; Are there any plans for more lore to get added to For Honor? Either via Story DLC, or more fleshed out events? With Ari leaving, are there still writers attached to the For Honor team?
I just want moar story dammit.

Additionally, for you Dance of Death fans;

DANCE OF DEATH EXTENDED
In response to overwhelming community positivity, we will extend the Dance of Death special game mode variation until Sunday January 21st at 11:59pm EST. I know many of you want it to be permanent, but don't worry friends, we know how much you like it, and it shall likely return some day...

That's the infodump. For format's sake, I'll divide the infodump... info from the recap, so you guys can navigate the juicy details easier. Below will be the recap, above the infodump stuff.

Recap;

And we're live.

Happy days music intro featuring Story Mode clips.

Eric, Ari and Damien are on the couch.

Eric re-confirms that Hero Reworks for Conq, Kensei and Berserker, as well as buffs for the Highlander, are coming with the Season 5 launch, more to come as we go along.
Dedicated servers are coming during Season 5, no date yet.
No new Heroes for Season 5, focus is on stability and balance.
Lag compensation and parry changes will come after the servers go live.

Conq's Superior Block now takes chip damage, they might leave it, might not before Season 5. Superior Block has also been removed.
This is a very small part of the Conqs reworks, but it was somehow added to this patch, unintentionally. It will make more sense once his remaining reworks take effect.

Patch 1.18 released early for PS4, no one knows why, and it kinda broke the game for PS4 players. Shout out to For Honor's ops team who worked late and hard to fix it.

Eric does an incredible Damien impression. They looked at the data to confirm they could extend Dance of Death.
The team knows a lot of players want it to be permanent.

Spawn timers for Orders have changed. They'll basically revert to the old times. Changes for this are coming on January 20th.
No one can quite figure out the right format for the time zones. Midnight UTC something something?

Reminder for folks to check what email they used to sign up for Uplay, check that mail to see if you won anything from the Dedicated Server Test Raffle.

Question; When will Cent and Shinobi get their missing executions to get on par with the other characters?

Answer; They won't. Original heroes shipped with a set number of executions, and then they kept making more, but new heroes only launch with the same standard amount of executions, not more to make up for the lack of executions.
Old heroes will always have more executions.

Question; Are you still planning on bringing on the execution design team?

Answer; Yes they are.

Content of the Week; New Elite Outfits for all heroes, 7000 Steel each.

Knights; Air Signs
Vikings; Angry Thoughts
Samurai; Krill Shoal

Time for the Narrative Nook with Ari; Lore and Meme stories.

I'll probably shorten question and answers if they're long or overly detailed, y'all gotta watch the Den for all the juicy details in full.

Question; Where is Daubeny?

Answer; He gone. Ari gives a long detailed explanation about Daubeny, but essentially, once he's free to go, he travels South.

Question; How did the group of Samurai in the campaign become friends? What did Valkyrie do the Samurai minion who spoke Japanese? Why is everyone so short?

Answers; They all grew up together in the same region. They're short because the Cataclysm destroyed so much farmland everyone was malnourished, so they never got enough nutrients. Apollyon is 6'1. Valk has anger issues.
(sorry if the answers are out of order, I just transcribe the stuff as it happens on the show)

Question; Does Apollyon have an actual name?

Answer; She does have a "real" name, but when she joined the Blackstone Legion she adopted the name of a Demon, as is the Blackstone custom.
No one will ever know her real name.

Question; What was the whole backstory behind Siv and the Raider?

Answer; They boned.

Question; Why did we only get the single reference to the Centurions in the story? And was this planned alongside the Centurion DLC?

Answer; The world of For Honor is much larger than what we see in the game, and a lot happening outside the 3 factions territories.
Ari thinks Roman has the cutest butt, and she often stares at it when he walks past. She thinks he's built like Captain America. I could have omitted that whole bit, but **** it.
Ari doesn't want Roman to ever find out about this. You all know what to do.

Question; What happened to Holden, Ayu and Stigandr?

Answer; They attempted peace, didn't work, so we're at war.

Question; Was the cataclysm event natural or unnatural? Why was the Orochi champion in jail?

Answer; It was a natural disaster. In Ari's headcanon the For Honor world is sort of like an alternate version to ours where the world ended around 1000-1100 AD with the cataclysm. For Honor actually takes place in our present day, just in a world where the cataclysm stunted civilizations growth.
The Orochi basically talked back to the Emperor. This is a crime.

Question; Do the Lawbringers make up the entirety of their Order, or do the Peacekeepers fit in as well?

Answer; It's an order of Lawbringers, so only they are in it. Alongside them are their secret armorers, and administrative people. The Lawbringers are basically judge, jury and executioner, and the order exists to facilitate this job.

Question; Do the Knights have a ruling class?

Answer; Not like the Vikings or Samurai do with the Warlords for example.

Question; Do the Lawbringers have a leader?

Answer; Nope.

Question; What happened to the Lord Warden?

Answer; They walked away, went on some soul searching.

Question; Tell us more about Stone and Mercy. (was Mercy written as a possible sociopath?)

Answer; Stone was the last person alive in the Iron Legion, and he was a criminal.
Mercy was written as a bit unstable (Like Archo suggested she could be). Her job is to kill people, and that takes a toll. But Mercy was a bit of a weirdo to begin with, the constant murder just pushed her over the edge. Ari and Jason thought her narrating her own observables would be a neat way to show her mental state, as she's basically just talking to herself.

Question; Who I gotta suck off to get Roman to say my name on stream?

Answer; Ari - "Me."

Questions; Was the world basically 11th century Earth? Did the cataclysm shift landmasses? Talk about the Celtic influences in the Vikings weapons? In this world did the 2 cultures fuse? Or is the Shaman like a religious master who studied both celtic and norse religions?

Answers; Yes.
Landmasses did shift, hence why the Samurai are in Europe. Japan sunk.
Highlander is Gaelic/Celt, Shaman is Pict. They are only Vikings because they were conquered, hence the mixed references.

That's the end of the Narrative Nook. Thanks to all the people who submitted questions.

Up next is the Community Corner, and that's a wrap.

ChampionRuby50g
01-18-2018, 04:52 AM
Good on ya for taking up the weekly mantle mate, looking forward to reading it!

Best of luck to Candle in his new job, the company he’s now working for certainly won’t be disappointed in his efficiency.

Tundra 793
01-18-2018, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence mate!

Also, I've been meaning to reply to your last message on Xbox Live, but our talks were getting so long I was mostly using the Xbox App on my PC to reply, until that decided to get all screwy, so I gotta reply on Xbox eventually.
Spoiler alert; I hate Lagertha.

ChampionRuby50g
01-18-2018, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence mate!

Also, I've been meaning to reply to your last message on Xbox Live, but our talks were getting so long I was mostly using the Xbox App on my PC to reply, until that decided to get all screwy, so I gotta reply on Xbox eventually.
Spoiler alert; I hate Lagertha.

I use the app on my phone for it, but you’re right we basically wrote essays to each other.
I haven’t seen the most recent episode, the one that would’ve just aired. I will tonight though.
And tbh, little disappointed in how Hirst has portrayed Lagertha this season. It seems like they are trying to make her as hated as possible to make her easier to kill off, but it is also showing how one can succumb to been power hungry I guess.

Shantak_
01-18-2018, 08:34 AM
Why u hate Lagertha? :P She's the right one for the Job with Björn together ;)

Armosias
01-18-2018, 01:46 PM
Let's hope Candle will have some time to come visit us and good luck Tundra for this first (?) recap! Remember: we will be watching. I hope you understand their baguette accent well :)

Édit: yeah neither Roman nor Damien today means no baguette talks but I wish it for the future

Tundra 793
01-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Why u hate Lagertha? :P She's the right one for the Job with Björn together ;)

Honestly dude, I could write a book about all the reasons Vikings annoys me. I could write a trilogy about it. Lagertha's the least of my problems.

and good luck Tundra for this first (?) recap!

Thank ya very much! I actually filled in for Candle once a few months ago. Aside from that, and 1 other user filling in before me, I think all the Den's since launch were recapped by Candle.

I hope you understand their baguette accent well

I'm still learning, but i think i got the basics down. When Roman says "Aiighlanderrrr" he means Highlander. And when Damien says "jjiiff" he means gif, and "byyg" is bug.

H1ighGr0und
01-18-2018, 05:11 PM
Finally aramusha buff, dont know how I'm supposed to feel about my equiped gear being removed? Finally wanted to continiue playinh him just to realize all my gear is gone. Seems like this happaned to all of my dlc characters, even shinobi, my highest lvl hero. Great work ubosoft! Im so ****ing stoked to play ur game! for honor in u ****ing nutshell

Tundra 793
01-18-2018, 05:44 PM
Finally aramusha buff, dont know how I'm supposed to feel about my equiped gear being removed? Finally wanted to continiue playinh him just to realize all my gear is gone. Seems like this happaned to all of my dlc characters, even shinobi, my highest lvl hero. Great work ubosoft! Im so ****ing stoked to play ur game! for honor in u ****ing nutshell

You should talk to Support about that. https://support.ubi.com

UbiJurassic
01-18-2018, 09:31 PM

We've heard of similar things happening to other heroes as well. We've notified the team and we will look to let everyone know when we have an update on the issue.

CandleInTheDark
01-18-2018, 09:46 PM
Thanks Tundra! Seems like it was a good one to start on.

And yeah the job pays more than my last one and certainly more than government benefits, and is with people who it really benefits so all to the good. Right now it is the induction since they get people properly trained before dealing with the service users, so mostly death by powerpoint for the next couple weeks outside of a shadow shift or two.

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 01:31 AM
No problem Candle. It was a lot longer than I expected, but I'm kinda glad I got to cover all the lore stuff.

Good luck with the powerpoints dude, sounds like it'll be smooth sailing once you power through 'em though.

Shantak_
01-19-2018, 07:35 AM

Had the same Problem but only oh the Shaman... my glad.. cent.. they had the gear. Just had to equipt it on shaman again (and only on the first slot... the 2nd was ok)

broly0204
01-19-2018, 07:58 PM
Conqueror's superior block doesn't just take chip damage, it is completely gone, combos are being chained on me left and right. I am a top ten conqueror on PS4 for players kills and fhscore on fhtracker, I know what people want out of him and removing his superior block was not it. The conqueror without the superior block is nothing. The Shugoki does more damage with a charged heavy in less time than the conqueror. The highlander even has much more effective attacks that come out much quicker. The kensei can even dodge and cause damage that leads into a combo. The conqueror, when he dodges, gets a shield bash which builds revenge but doesn't do damage and a singular light with out much follow up for any kind of combo other than another light. The kensei's unblockable heavy is much more effective than the conqueror's charged heavy. The conqueror is literally nothing without superior block. I am willing to give suggestions on ways to improve conqueror without touching his superior block. Give him the option for a trip after a shield bash repost, similar to velk, change his zone so it is not a defensive maneuver but instead an opener mixup, maybe even start his zone with a bash like the glad. Give his light attacks a slight damage and speed increase and heavies just a damage increase and he is ready to go. I would be willing to talk more, but please bring back the conqueror's superior block, that is his heavy special defensive mechanic, just like shugoki's hyper armor and warlord's all gaurd stance that deflects and from which he can attack. Please bring back his superior block with your maintenance on Monday, if you would like to get greater feedback I would be willing to have a more one on one discussion, I also know a number of other conquerors and high level players who would be willing to help give you feedback on PS4, which is more alive than PC.

broly0204
01-19-2018, 08:00 PM
I am Brolylag on PS4

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 08:03 PM
Conqueror's superior block doesn't just take chip damage, it is completely gone, combos are being chained on me left and right. I am a top ten conqueror on PS4 for players kills and fhscore on fhtracker, I know what people want out of him and removing his superior block was not it. The conqueror without the superior block is nothing. The Shugoki does more damage with a charged heavy in less time than the conqueror. The highlander even has much more effective attacks that come out much quicker. The kensei can even dodge and cause damage that leads into a combo. The conqueror, when he dodges, gets a shield bash which builds revenge but doesn't do damage and a singular light with out much follow up for any kind of combo other than another light. The kensei's unblockable heavy is much more effective than the conqueror's charged heavy. The conqueror is literally nothing without superior block. I am willing to give suggestions on ways to improve conqueror without touching his superior block. Give him the option for a trip after a shield bash repost, similar to velk, change his zone so it is not a defensive maneuver but instead an opener mixup, maybe even start his zone with a bash like the glad. Give his light attacks a slight damage and speed increase and heavies just a damage increase and he is ready to go. I would be willing to talk more, but please bring back the conqueror's superior block, that is his heavy special defensive mechanic, just like shugoki's hyper armor and warlord's all gaurd stance that deflects and from which he can attack. Please bring back his superior block with your maintenance on Monday, if you would like to get greater feedback I would be willing to have a more one on one discussion, I also know a number of other conquerors and high level players who would be willing to help give you feedback on PS4, which is more alive than PC.

Added in the missing part about Superior Block.

UbiFred did address it however;

Hey everyone, this was discussed on the Warrior's Den today. This was a very small piece of an upcoming change for Conq, that for some reason ended up going live a bit early. Keep in mind, this may not make a lot of sense in the current state, but with the full rework on the character it should be easier to understand. I'm still waiting on word if this will be fixed prior to the season 5 launch which is when the full reworks will be released. We'll keep you updated.

broly0204
01-19-2018, 08:05 PM
You could even take away his all gaurd and just give him normal feints, that way the all gaurd is more specific to the warlords, but the conqueror still has his superior block which is his special defensive ability, from there you would have to attack the area clear and eliminate the all gaurd, make it an offensive maneuver.

broly0204
01-19-2018, 08:12 PM
Please then return the superior block until the rework comes, without it he is fairly useless. But as I said, I am also willing to talk about otherways to change him, there is a lot you could do, but taking away his superior block essentially nullifies him as a heavy. No strong defense and definitley not a hard hitter, the orochi double top light does more than a conqueror uncharged heavy. So essentially taking away the superior block is a bug and a nerf, because it was not supposed to happen at least until the conqueror was given a viable moveset, even then his moveset will have to be on par with glad and centurion if you are going to nullify his special defensive ability, and it is a nerf because it takes away what his entire moveset and purpose in the game is essentially based off of. Please, would you fix this bug? At least until he gets a more viable moveset with his rework, and then you may want to reclassify him as a highbrid because he will not follow the heavy line of defensive abilities.

broly0204
01-19-2018, 08:28 PM
And that is not a small piece, that is a major change that drastically changes the gameplay of the conqueror and nullifies a lot of the ways in which the conqueror starts his attacks. He reacts, that is part of the superior block and his description as having strong defense.

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 08:31 PM
And that is not a small piece, that is a major change that drastically changes the gameplay of the conqueror and nullifies a lot of the ways in which the conqueror starts his attacks. He reacts, that is part of the superior block and his description as having strong defense.

It's a small piece of his upcoming rework, not his overall kit. The rework presumably will include enough changes to make up for the loss of Superior Block.

bob333e
01-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Tundra, my friend. Thanks a lot for this awesome recap.

Looks like it was mostly a filler Den, filling free gap until more info-packed Dens come later. I appreciate Ariadne hopping in and diving a bit more on the lore, though I felt most of what she said was speculations and vague assumptions, rather than things set in stone. It's like they gave the characters one paragaph of story at most, without delving too much into each. Also we know absolutely nothing outside of what's happening between Ashfeld, The Myre and Valkenheim.

Much appreciated man. And here's wishing Candle best of luck in his future endeavors and his new job. Don't go ghost on us, Candle!

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Tundra, my friend. Thanks a lot for this awesome recap.

My pleasure.

Looks like it was mostly a filler Den, filling free gap until more info-packed Dens come later. I appreciate Ariadne hopping in and diving a bit more on the lore, though I felt most of what she said was speculations and vague assumptions, rather than things set in stone. It's like they gave the characters one paragaph of story at most, without delving too much into each. Also we know absolutely nothing outside of what's happening between Ashfeld, The Myre and Valkenheim.

The way I understood it; Ari does have a ton of thoughts and ideas for how the world of For Honor works. What's beyond Valkenheim and Ashfeld etc. Character backgrounds and potential future stories. But none of this is written down and codefied, essentially making it non-canon.

Theoretically, unless Ari writes up a sort of "last will" about where For Honor's story can go, whichever writer gets hired next can pretty much go wherever they want, and not adhere to Ari's idea of this alternate history.

bob333e
01-19-2018, 09:00 PM
Theoretically, unless Ari writes up a sort of "last will" about where For Honor's story can go, whichever writer gets hired next can pretty much go wherever they want, and not adhere to Ari's idea of this alternate history.

This can get pretty scary though. A new writer can make up totally different stuff and jumble the coherence of the entire backstory and lore. Personally I hope the new writer at least consults with Jason (not sure if Jason was a writer as well as Creative Director, I know little).

Ari seems more focused on the funny and jokeful side of the lore, given how she responded to various questions in the Den. I for one would love something real dramatic and serious like the Dark Souls lore.

broly0204
01-19-2018, 09:01 PM
But the rework may not come for a long time, so it would be nice not to have the nerfing end of it come in first, why didn't they accidentally add in some new moves? Instead it was an accidental bug/nerf, fixing this would be much appreciated. Maybe in the future it will work into his new moveset, but there is not any new moves to work off of, so literally just took away the one thing that worked in the conquerors favor, he is now the worst character in the game. Please fix this bug. I would like to have rational conversation but it just seems like I am being shrugged off. I also run a community of 200 people, conduct tournaments, run fight clubs regularly, actively promote the game and have gotten people to actually buy it, I do all of this, I even promote being honorable in game, I have taken nerf after nerf to my conqueror but this is the last straw. Please fix this, it is the equivalent of taking away shugokis hyper armor.

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 09:06 PM
Jason was basically For Honor's God, I doubt there was an aspect of For Honor he didn't help shape. But he's long gone, and I can't imagine anyone at Ubisoft still consults with him.

The new writer more than likely just has to clear stuff with Roman, but will have a lot of freedom. But I do like that some players are speaking up and saying that we take For Honor's lore seriously, and want to see it explored. Hopefully the team gets this, and makes sure the new writer doesn't go off in a wildly different direction.

Yeah, despite Ari having had a lot of ideas for the lore, I'm sad that so much of what ended up in game was just memes and jokes. Personally I'd have liked a random name generator system for the bots, like in Age of Mythology. Just to make stereotypical Samurai/Viking/Knight names.

But the rework may not come for a long time

Pretty sure it's coming in a few weeks. The reworks launch with Season 5, and we've known this for a while.

but it just seems like I am being shrugged off

You're not being shrugged off, I already showed you Fred's direct response to this issue, and the answer is still; They don't know if they will fix this before Season 5, because Season 5 isn't far away.
What's more, you brought this up an hour ago. Did you really expect them to have pushed out a fix in that timeframe?

I would invite you to take a 10 minute break from the internets, because you seem highly agitated, and pumping out post after post will not make a solution present itself any faster.
Calming down is the best thing you can do right now.

bob333e
01-19-2018, 09:26 PM
Yeah, despite Ari having had a lot of ideas for the lore, I'm sad that so much of what ended up in game was just memes and jokes. Personally I'd have liked a random name generator system for the bots, like in Age of Mythology. Just to make stereotypical Samurai/Viking/Knight names.

This. I can't stress enough how silly most bot names are.
Need2EatLunch
Unsubscribe
LAM3L33TB0Y
ST33LT03S
InfinityLag
Mr.Legend
AnyoneReadingThese
THEPope (seriously, why? and he's a female Shinobi?)

etc etc.

I'm all for a medieval name generator instead of whatever crap names these are!

I would like to have rational conversation but it just seems like I am being shrugged off. I also run a community of 200 people, conduct tournaments, run fight clubs regularly, actively promote the game and have gotten people to actually buy it, I do all of this, I even promote being honorable in game, I have taken nerf after nerf to my conqueror but this is the last straw. Please fix this, it is the equivalent of taking away shugokis hyper armor.

You're not being ignored at all, my friend. Sadly, often on the forum, when it's about a specific hero, only like-minded players and players who use that hero would tend to interact and agree. You'll pretty much find little interest from the others. And then you'll have to deal with whoever dislikes Conqueror and cries for nerf.

Patch 1.18 brought issues of its own, but thankfully, in overall, it's still better and more stable than how it was before. I do think response time was also modified to a small degree. Some things and some combos feel a tad bit less responsive and a bit tighter to pull off.

I have no idea (yet) why they would remove Conq's superior block, but it now seems like he's the very first hero to come out with a rework. They're at least focusing the most on Conqueror. Because he needs the most focus. Let's just wait it out a bit. I'd leave the last straw until dedicated servers come and reworks are fully handed out.

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 09:45 PM
Need2EatLunch

I wonder how she came up with that one... Damn that's a thinker. I'm gonna be up all night now.

I'm all for a medieval name generator instead of whatever crap names these are!

A memorable one from Age of Mythology that sticks with me to this was a Viking hero named "Brand Krakendrowner". Yes please.
Alternatively, one time in the Old Republic MMO I was clicking that "Random Name" button for like 10 minutes. I stopped when it suggested "Waank". I can take a hint.

Anyway Ubi dudes, here's a generator for free; https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/

bob333e
01-19-2018, 09:51 PM
I wonder how she came up with that one... Damn that's a thinker. I'm gonna be up all night now.

That one belongs to a level 3 Shaman bot. Granted, the 'lunch' is the opponent (you), when she's doing Predator's Mercy. yummy-yum. I tell you, these names are just....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_L7-5D2uVxTo/SvJbf-XkMMI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/iFeyDBp0W-0/s400/double-facepalm-picard-riker.jpg

broly0204
01-19-2018, 09:58 PM
Dedicated servers and reworks are so far away tho, at least around a month I would assume, unless it is coming much sooner than I would love to know the date, but a month is a long time, and it is just saddening that they would treat my favorite, and many other people's favorite character this way after needing a buff for so long. He seems to have been so forgotten about that they won't even take the small update or maintenance time to fix this bug. At this point all I ask is that it is brought back until the rework. I would love to talk more about possible ways to rework the conq but first this bug/nerf needs to be fixed. I have already listed a number of ways he could be reworked in previous comments and would love to be helpful. But leaving the conqueror this run down for that long will make it so that he is forgotten until the rework comes, which I believe is a sad tribute to those who have played him for so long, one last unnecessary nerf to really just make all conqueror mains feel neglected and mistreated.

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 10:05 PM
I think you're taking it a bit too personally.

This bug, is a complete freak accident. It was absolutely not meant to be released now. And do try to keep in mind; While it hurts the Conq now, once the rest of the reworks take effect, it should be a tremendous buff to the whole character.

I won't presume to know how much effort is needed to correct this error, but it's probably not an insignificant amount of work, otherwise they'd have done it already. Usually, with things like this, one of the programmers have to sift through lots of lines of code, just to find the bug. It's then a whole other matter to fix it. The bug also occurred right before the weekend, so most of the team probably can't start to remedy it, if they're planning to, until Monday.

It sucks, sure, but right now there's really nothing you or I can do about it. But remember that the devs know about it, and are still working on the reworks themselves. Season 5 should launch in yeah, 3-4 weeks time by my estimate, and all the announced reworks will launch with it.
For the moment, just be patient a little while longer.

bob333e
01-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Dedicated servers and reworks are so far away tho, at least around a month I would assume, unless it is coming much sooner than I would love to know the date, but a month is a long time, and it is just saddening that they would treat my favorite, and many other people's favorite character this way after needing a buff for so long. He seems to have been so forgotten about that they won't even take the small update or maintenance time to fix this bug. At this point all I ask is that it is brought back until the rework. I would love to talk more about possible ways to rework the conq but first this bug/nerf needs to be fixed. I have already listed a number of ways he could be reworked in previous comments and would love to be helpful. But leaving the conqueror this run down for that long will make it so that he is forgotten until the rework comes, which I believe is a sad tribute to those who have played him for so long, one last unnecessary nerf to really just make all conqueror mains feel neglected and mistreated.

Prolly between mid-March and mid-April is my bet.

You know what's actually sad? the reworks have not been started earlier. They could have started them earlier before all of the DLC heroes were released. And then introduce all of the OG reworks come 2018. Like, on Feb.14th 2018. The 1-year anniversary of For Honor, where finally all the roster is polished proper, most bugs/issues gone, and all that's missing are dedicated servers which need a mere additional month. That's how I would have loved it to feel. As I'm sure many others would have loved it too.

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 10:21 PM
Prolly between mid-March and mid-April is my bet.

5 days left of the campaign, + 3-4 weeks for the off season, I'd guessed late February, or early March. Servers will launch a bit later during Season 5 though, but the reworks are day 1 stuff.

bob333e
01-19-2018, 11:03 PM
5 days left of the campaign, + 3-4 weeks for the off season, I'd guessed late February, or early March. Servers will launch a bit later during Season 5 though, but the reworks are day 1 stuff.

You're right. Good to know that as of start of March we'll be hearing news on the reworks. But by then it's only Conqueror. Kensei and Zerker are on a longer waiting queue, and then Highlander will wait even longer. I sure hope all of Conq, Kensei and Zerker reworks get released before March ends. And then Highlander just before the servers.

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 11:19 PM
You're right. Good to know that as of start of March we'll be hearing news on the reworks. But by then it's only Conqueror. Kensei and Zerker are on a longer waiting queue, and then Highlander will wait even longer. I sure hope all of Conq, Kensei and Zerker reworks get released before March ends. And then Highlander just before the servers.

As I understood it, Highlander's buffs and the reworks for Conq, Kensei and Berserker all launch with Season 5.

bob333e
01-19-2018, 11:51 PM
As I understood it, Highlander's buffs and the reworks for Conq, Kensei and Berserker all launch with Season 5.

I thought they said during Season 5; but I digress, all 'Season 5' can mean is between late Feb and mid of May. Crossing fingers that they release all reworks just as Season 5 starts. Which then means early March. I hope. I really hope so.

Tundra 793
01-19-2018, 11:53 PM
The reworks, and Highlander buffs all launch with Season 5. Only the dedicated servers will launch during Season 5. Sorry if there was any confusion about that, I'll be sure to make it clear in the Recap as well.

bob333e
01-20-2018, 12:04 AM
The reworks, and Highlander buffs all launch with Season 5. Only the dedicated servers will launch during Season 5. Sorry if there was any confusion about that, I'll be sure to make it clear in the Recap as well.

Aha, now I gotcha. Thanks much for clearing that up.

broly0204
01-20-2018, 04:52 AM
thank you guys for your help, but I will be leaving a comment at least once a day regarding this on at least one thread until a community representative responds, unless you are one tundra? I will be cordial and not insult anyone that does not insult me, but I would like a direct answer as to whether or not the superior block will return. The 3-4 weeks I will take you at your word, if it does not happen by early march, then that may be a different story, especially if the superior block does not return before then and there is still not a rework. But this is ridiculous and I feel like they would know where the bug is if they were already planning on implementing it at some point and then accidentally did it now, that means they already knew where to put it in the coding and were prepared to start it up when season 5 started, so they should know exactly where the bug is, because they made it intentionally originally and then accidentally implemented it too early.

broly0204
01-20-2018, 04:55 AM
At the very least they know exactly what the code looks like since they made it intentionally so finding it will be easier than finding an actual mishap/bug, this is like accidentally losing your keys, you know you put them somewhere safe on purpose but you just cannot remember, just need to find them real quick since you know exactly what they look like.

Tundra 793
01-20-2018, 04:59 AM
but I will be leaving a comment at least once a day regarding this on at least one thread until a community representative responds, unless you are one tundra?

I am not, but one already has responded. The answer, still, is that they don't know if they will fix it. And please don't post once a day about this. The developers are very well aware that this part of the Conqs rework has unintentionally made it into the game. Posting about it will not change, or speed up the process of either remedying it, or letting us know they won't fix it.

But this is ridiculous and I feel like they would know where the bug is if they were already planning on implementing it at some point

We're currently in patch 1.18. The reworks must be part of what will become patch 1.19, at least. This alone complicates things. I'm not a programmer, but I know that the lines of code making up how each hero works must be in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions or more. It's simply not possible to always know exactly where bugs like this occur, and fixing them aren't always easy.
The very nature of this accident means no one knows where the error lies, because if they did, they would not have made the mistake in the first place.

Again, please don't post more about this. I promise, once the Community guys have an answer about it, they will let us know. But the people behind the game are human, they have a lot of priorities to tend to, and can't always fix exactly that 1 problem we personally want them to right away.

broly0204
01-20-2018, 05:10 AM
I don't know is not an answer

Tundra 793
01-20-2018, 05:11 AM
Yes it is. It might not the be the answer you want, but that's the answer for now.

broly0204
01-20-2018, 05:12 AM
And you proved my point, it is somewhere in the conqeurors coding, the code was already written so they know what it looks like, but they don't know exactly where in the coding of the conqueror but at least they know its in the conqueror, also with coding you tend to split things up, so it will more than likely be in an area associated with maneuvers and defense, they will not have to look through the coding that gives the conqueror his shape and outfit, that would be pointless.

broly0204
01-20-2018, 05:13 AM
It's not an answer, it is simply a delaying of one, because they do not want to give one, for a reason they have not specified, don't tell me its just a glitch, I hate that word

broly0204
01-20-2018, 05:15 AM
that last part was a joke from money monster, the glitch part

Tundra 793
01-20-2018, 05:19 AM
It's not an answer, it is simply a delaying of one, because they do not want to give one, for a reason they have not specified, don't tell me its just a glitch, I hate that word

If I were to ask you the current population of domesticated muskox' on Greenland's western coast, would you be able to answer anything other than "I don't know"? Just because an answer isn't the one you want, doesn't make it less valid.
Community Representative Fred told us he hasn't heard from the developers whether or not they're going to fix the glitch, ergo he doesn't know, ergo we don't know. This is the reality right now, and no matter how much you post, an answer will not magically appear until the developers make a decision.

broly0204
01-20-2018, 05:26 AM
almost none, they tried to intoduce them to the west coast but they didn't take, so they are primarily on the east coast. would you like to see the map? see all I had to do was look, a little googling and thats it, Now that wasn't as hard as finding the bug, but it shouldn't take a small team that long to fix it.

broly0204
01-20-2018, 05:27 AM
Because they didn't take, farmers tend to stay on the east coast of greenland

Tundra 793
01-20-2018, 05:36 AM
a little googling and thats it

That wasn't the point of the allegory. The point was that "I don't know" is an answer, and regardless of how much we post and complain, we cannot change this answer. It's out of our hands.

Because they didn't take, farmers tend to stay on the east coast of greenland

Actually most settlements are focused in Western Greenland.

broly0204
01-21-2018, 08:52 PM
Please bring back conquerors superior block, he is now the worst character in the game without it and it was a completely unnecssary nerf. I would like an answer as to whether this is happening or not and would prefer to have an exact date for the rework. I am more than willing to provide suggestions on how this should work. If this has been definitively anwered in another post than I will stop posting in this group concerning it.

Devils-_-legacy
01-21-2018, 10:53 PM
Everyone wants that answer Ive even asked if it's part reworks or full they are not giving out any details just yet and I don't think mods know everything there just told some details not the whole time line of events

CandleInTheDark
01-21-2018, 10:59 PM
Everyone wants that answer Ive even asked if it's part reworks or full they are not giving out any details just yet and I don't think mods know everything there just told some details not the whole time line of events

I am pretty certain of that, remember that Noty, a samurai, was as much in the dark over the reward ornaments for season 2 as everyone else given she said she would ask up the line. Even if the reps do get told early, it isn't worth a paycheque to announce things before the devs do.

Devils-_-legacy
01-21-2018, 11:07 PM
Yep Most companies do it compartmentalized information so there's no leaks as a fan I really hate it lol but i loved s1 not sure if it was a mod or ex employ who leaked the dlc list but I loved them for it lol so were are just guna have to wait for rework details (s4 ends soon so I'm guessing in the off season we will learn more)

CandleInTheDark
01-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Yep Most companies do it compartmentalized information so there's no leaks as a fan I really hate it lol but i loved s1 not sure if it was a mod or ex employ who leaked the dlc list but I loved them for it lol so were are just guna have to wait for rework details (s4 ends soon so I'm guessing in the off season we will learn more)

I am pretty sure they said next week would be a bigger show and if it follows the pattern of previous seasons, next week's show isn't when we go really deep (I think that is two or three shows away if not the launch stream for some of it) but when we start getting a more solid framework over what is coming.

UbiJurassic
01-23-2018, 07:49 PM
I am pretty sure they said next week would be a bigger show and if it follows the pattern of previous seasons, next week's show isn't when we go really deep (I think that is two or three shows away if not the launch stream for some of it) but when we start getting a more solid framework over what is coming.

We definitely have a good show coming up for this week and for the next few as well! ;)

Tundra 793
01-23-2018, 07:54 PM
We definitely have a good show coming up for this week and for the next few as well! ;)

Oh you big tease, you ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store though.

bob333e
01-23-2018, 08:07 PM

Sitting tight and patiently waiting for some good stuff!

Bindirtnappin24
01-24-2018, 05:42 PM
Till you fix your garbage game me and 15 others quit recently gave god buff to musha and orochi and now the parry and blocks are garbage and shinobi is a god too we quit you turned game into good too complete **** will be filing a refund and bad enough game was very falsely represented for what it is.

Devils-_-legacy
01-24-2018, 08:18 PM
Lol