PDA

View Full Version : Guard speed

Legoo1234
01-17-2018, 10:58 PM
Hi

I was wondering about all heroes guard speed, in point how fast can they switch there guard from left to right or in any direction ?

It will be nice if someone from developers can answer this because sometime i have feeling that sometime i react to that attacks but my hero cant follow it as fast as i can.

PLZ answer this to me :D

RoosterIlluzion
01-18-2018, 02:35 AM
Hi

I was wondering about all heroes guard speed, in point how fast can they switch there guard from left to right or in any direction ?

It will be nice if someone from developers can answer this because sometime i have feeling that sometime i react to that attacks but my hero cant follow it as fast as i can.

PLZ answer this to me :D

It's not just you. The guard switch for heroes is different, with some slower than others.

ThomHermans1
01-18-2018, 10:08 AM
It's not just you. The guard switch for heroes is different, with some slower than others.

This answer is FAKE NEWS. all guard speed is the same, 100ms if I am correct.
Heroes used to have different speeds but this was changed in a patch

ChampionRuby50g
01-18-2018, 11:05 AM
This answer is FAKE NEWS. all guard speed is the same, 100ms if I am correct.
Heroes used to have different speeds but this was changed in a patch

I do vaguely remember something like this happening, but canít remember when exactly or the details of it.

RoosterIlluzion
01-18-2018, 11:54 AM
I do vaguely remember something like this happening, but canít remember when exactly or the details of it.

If it was patched, and they're equal then it's either lag or just poor timing on control inputs.

BarbeQMichael
01-18-2018, 12:07 PM
It used to be different, heroes wielding two-handed weapons had much slower guard speed, which meant it was technically impossible for them to block some of the fastest attacks if they came from different direction than where their guard was. Now it is 100ms with all.

e:actually not all 2-handed, it depended on "how" they held it. I think for example warden and kensei had no problems with it, but lewbuddy and raider took ages to change guard

bob333e
01-18-2018, 12:14 PM
As ThomHermans and BarbeQMichael said, guard switch speed has been made equal for all heroes. It used to be a huge problem before, so they got rid of guard switch speed differences based on class. I do believe it's 100ms, however it doesn't always show as animations differ based on weapon. But I do believe it was 100ms.

Tyrjo
01-18-2018, 12:37 PM
It was patched to 100ms for all heroes sometime in June last year.