PDA

View Full Version : forgotten battles aces campaign....?

boxduty
07-02-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm sure there must be some feedback here about this chappy, but I'm getting no joy on the search function. Does anybody know if it's a worthy addition or not? (it's going real cheap, so I think I might know the answer...)

Anybody?

boxduty
07-02-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm sure there must be some feedback here about this chappy, but I'm getting no joy on the search function. Does anybody know if it's a worthy addition or not? (it's going real cheap, so I think I might know the answer...)

Anybody?

CzechTexan
07-02-2005, 07:24 PM
I assume you're talking about the Aces Expansion Pack or AEP. This is an add on to Forgotten Battles and you must have FB to add it. If you only have IL2 Forgotten Battles so far then it is a good choice to get it especially now that it's so inexpensive. Of course, you could skip it and just go buy Pacific Fighters and have everything with that one and be up to date with everything. Happy Flying!

space_bandit
07-03-2005, 04:34 AM
You should buy it. You will get many more flyable planes and new maps. You can't skip it and fly the merged version of Pacific fighters.

Lucius_Esox
07-03-2005, 04:39 AM
If you wanna fly online everyone uses FB/AEP/PF merged install, so you will need all three ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2005, 06:34 AM
AEP is worth the money as it gives you more single player campaigns & more aircraft, with patches 2.01 & 2.04 it makes the game. I run AEP 2.04 & love it!!!!!

scottmal1
07-03-2005, 07:19 AM
I think boxduty could be refering to 'Forgotten Battles Aces Campaigns'which is an add on by GMX media/Combat Planes Inc which covers BOB and D-Day ( including a campaign to fly the GO-229) + loads of training tracks and skins (32 for spit IX alone)+ 6 new dogfight maps etc etc, i got it cheap 7.99 but due to work comittments havent got round to trying it yet, i would say for the price it's got to be worth it, considering all the documentation that comes with it.

boxduty
07-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi. Yes, sorry, it's the add-on I mean, not AEP.
It's a tricky one to find any sort of review of.
(and it's confusing title dosn't help...)
Scottmal, please let me know if it's any good!
Thanks, all.

bird_brain
07-03-2005, 06:23 PM
They made it confusing on purpose. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif