PDA

View Full Version : Why are people saying the game is dead

SonicFury74
01-14-2018, 10:27 AM
I play on Xbox One and the game is pretty alive and well, since I can find a game in any of the fun game modes pretty much instantly, though I can't speak for ranked since I stay away from ranked stuff in video games in fear of encountering the one guy who only stops playing to get a new keyboard after wearing out the old one. Hell, it's 4am EST as of writing this and I'm being put into matches within seconds

The game has problems but why is the player count so often mentioned?

Girl2Good
01-14-2018, 10:56 AM
The game isn't dead nor is it dying. People like to say that when they're heated because they lose. It makes them feel better to belittle the game. Don't worry about the naysayers my friend.

I'm no angel, I've had my fair share of frustrations with the game and have cried for nerfs and all that and have said the game should be early access for all the issues and whatnot, but it was due to being mad at the game. It's an incredibly unique game and one that I love. The devs are still supporting it and adding a bunch of stuff to it while making tweaks and balancing changes. It's not going anywhere.

Devils-_-legacy
01-14-2018, 04:02 PM
Basically a pc issue console got a nice player base I think the xbox 1 has the biggest

The_B0G_
01-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Pc has by far the lowest player count, there are so many options for games to play on pc that if people get frustrated, they just go play something else. I know this because I have a PC and it's what I used to do.

The game is far from dead, anyone who says its dead, is just bad at the game and its being petty.

brashtralas
01-14-2018, 06:39 PM
I would t say dead, but it certainly has a low player count. I live in the Midwest and always have ďallĒ as my search parameters before it finds anyone.

To top it off, itís taking longer and longer to find a match, even in populated modes. I couldnít find a match of the event today. :( Really wanted to try it out.

Archeun
01-14-2018, 06:59 PM
The game on PC is effectively dead. 2-3k players on a time is awful. The dev team releases new characters that are absolutely ridiculous and unbalanced. I suspect a large portion of the team was changed to a new product and the only reason anyone is on it is to release content to get people to purchase Steel. The game isn't completely dead but only very die hard people continue to waste their time on it and new players do not stay long.

The_B0G_
01-14-2018, 07:14 PM
I can't speak for PC or Xbox but ps4 has no issues finding games, I enter matchmaking and in 10 seconds or less I'm in a game. So... Not really an issue for ps4. Like I said, PC players are flakey, they jump ship really quickly.

SonicFury74
01-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Yeah all of this stuff is kind of like news to me. You guys all mentioned on PC that it's dead but on console, it's a blast. I don't get too many disconnects myself, maybe one every like 7 games, and I get a hard crash every 50ish. Im working toward rep 8 on my conq right now

Mia.Nora
01-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Several reasons since activity varies from;

Platform to platform
Region to region
Game mode to game mode

For example if you try to find a Ranked Dominion on PC in Oceana region, it will NEVER find it. Not just late or something. I spent maybe 5 hours in ranked queue and nothing. It is almost as bad for ranked tournament. I don't remember last time I played an Elimination either. Also since population is not big enough to accommodate actual matchmaking, you keep getting outrageous unbalanced team setups.

Compared to other multiplayer games people use as benchmark for honor is pretty much dead on PC.

AlexHuaTian
01-14-2018, 10:14 PM
Because its harder and harder to join a match these days. Some match types are practically barren. Dominion still remains strong. 1 v 1 is totally gone. I have to admit. I think this game was the most innovative and unique fighting game to be released in almost a decade. But i think what turned some people away was the extreme learning curve and how challenging the game was in pvp. I still play the game every day. But I notice fewer and fewer people.

Vakris_One
01-15-2018, 12:32 AM
On PC it's more a case of certain modes being dead rather than the entire game being dead. I have no problem in finding Dominion, Tribute, Duel and Brawl matches for example. The ranked modes are pretty dead though as are Skirmish and Elimination.

The_B0G_
01-15-2018, 03:33 AM
On PC it's more a case of certain modes being dead rather than the entire game being dead. I have no problem in finding Dominion, Tribute, Duel and Brawl matches for example. The ranked modes are pretty dead though as are Skirmish and Elimination.

Ranked is dead on console too, not sure what they expected there, no extra xp or steel for playing, no rewards for getting to certain tiers, at least with the duel tournaments you get ornaments and extra steel. Ranked Dom was dead on arrival, its no wonder why either.

Another major downfall in ranked is you can't use your gear stats... that makes no sense for me, ranked should be people using their best characters with maxed out gear, people grind for all this gear then ranked comes along and they can't use it.

If anything unranked should have no gear stats, not the other way around.

Klingentaenz3r
01-15-2018, 02:35 PM

absolutely. And there are also people like me that never bought the overprized steam version but directly the uplay version. Not sure if this is applicable but since only uplay is needed I can quite well imagine that steam version owners also just start that service instead of starting the game via steam. That would also bypass the "currently online" statistics I guess (unless it would be based on playtime which might be added to the record later but Imma not sure how this exactly works so...:rolleyes:)

oh and besides currently ranked tournament is quite populated. Ranked dominion pretty much not