PDA

View Full Version : Where are the old Ubisoft members?

souNdwAve89
09-24-2011, 02:10 PM
I tried searching on the net on information regarding this, but could barely find news. As you know, when AC1 and AC2 was still being promoted, it was usually Jade Raymond and Patrice Desilets who were the PR guys.Raymond left the series to work on a new Ubisoft game called "I am Alive" at Ubisoft's new building in Toronto while Desilets left Ubisoft to work at THQ. In Brotherhood, Vincent Pontbriand was usually the one that was promoting Brotherhood, answering interview questions and such. I believe Corey May was one of the lead writers for AC1 - Brotherhood? Now it seems like the AC series team has completely changed for Revelations. The new Creative Director, Alex Amancio is usually the one promoting the game along with Darby McDevitt. What happen to the old members? There was a rumor on this forums and else where that the old AC team is secretly working on AC3 while Amancio's team is handling Revelations.

souNdwAve89
09-24-2011, 02:10 PM
I tried searching on the net on information regarding this, but could barely find news. As you know, when AC1 and AC2 was still being promoted, it was usually Jade Raymond and Patrice Desilets who were the PR guys.Raymond left the series to work on a new Ubisoft game called "I am Alive" at Ubisoft's new building in Toronto while Desilets left Ubisoft to work at THQ. In Brotherhood, Vincent Pontbriand was usually the one that was promoting Brotherhood, answering interview questions and such. I believe Corey May was one of the lead writers for AC1 - Brotherhood? Now it seems like the AC series team has completely changed for Revelations. The new Creative Director, Alex Amancio is usually the one promoting the game along with Darby McDevitt. What happen to the old members? There was a rumor on this forums and else where that the old AC team is secretly working on AC3 while Amancio's team is handling Revelations.

itsamea-mario
09-24-2011, 02:19 PM
That'd be cool, but it would also mean they'd been lying for 3 years.

souNdwAve89
09-24-2011, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
That'd be cool, but it would also mean they'd been lying for 3 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean by lying?

reini03
09-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Corey May is now working on the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

souNdwAve89
09-24-2011, 09:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Corey May is now working on the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's great to hear. I remember watching a video (PAX panel or the video related Ezio and Altair) where Darby McDevitt said he's working closely with Corey May regarding the story for Revelations. I hope it turns out to be as good as past AC games. The only experience Darby has is with the AC handheld games I think.

Jexx21
09-24-2011, 09:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
That'd be cool, but it would also mean they'd been lying for 3 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean by lying? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because they said they were working on other projects. If they were really working on AC3 it means they were lying about working on those projects.

Calvarok
09-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Every Assassin's Creed game has a different lead writer, that's why Darby is the lead writer now. It's a conscious decision to change each year. Patrice left, Jade moved places in the company. There's nothing sinister about this stuff. Just usual company reshuffling.

souNdwAve89
09-25-2011, 12:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Every Assassin's Creed game has a different lead writer, that's why Darby is the lead writer now. It's a conscious decision to change each year. Patrice left, Jade moved places in the company. There's nothing sinister about this stuff. Just usual company reshuffling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I understand how business works and all, but I find it kinda puzzling to change members when the games have been successful with each release.

Sevenofnine-st
09-25-2011, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Yeah, I understand how business works and all, but I find it kinda puzzling to change members when the games have been successful with each release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

New perspectives and points of view breed fresh ideas and unlike other developers who keep recycling the same old stuff, Ubisoft has found a way to keep things interesting by bringing enough variety with each new installment of the franchise without messing with what makes it so successful at its core.