PDA

View Full Version : Dakar Leg 5 Sledridge and Mud Cakes for real???

jodmcc1
01-14-2018, 02:53 AM
Are you kidding me?? Those 2 tracks can't be completed unless you have a pogo stick under your bike! 3 tickets and 10 minutes each trying everything to finish, even the ghost riders weren't finishing! I know it is supposed to be hard and a challenge, but that is a little more than that!:eek:

DMac3221
01-14-2018, 04:46 AM
Definitely need to keep your speed up by keeping that back tire on the ground. Then leaning at the right time to use the bikeís suspension to get a little extra lift will get you that pogo stick youíre looking for. Donít give up!

negodyaeff
01-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Actually pretty easy track once you mastered them. Low ceiling on "The Watchers" is more annoying.

Bonxy
01-14-2018, 12:55 PM
This is what bugs me.

Thatís nothing to do with skill, itís more to do with the rider is too high on the KTM 450.

hanks420
01-14-2018, 06:23 PM
This is what bugs me.

Thatís nothing to do with skill, itís more to do with the rider is too high on the KTM 450.

Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low that is the tempo.

Bonxy
01-15-2018, 07:51 AM
I've managed it.

I was already in the top 100 but i mean for other users its not to friendly.

Whitechapple
01-15-2018, 03:47 PM
I made a quick video of my first tries for both those tracks:

https://youtu.be/NuXT688-cME

Not world records by any means :) but theyíre not too tough once you get the rythym down.

xitooner
01-15-2018, 07:26 PM
this set of tracks is a little harder overall; all of them tend to have one or more trick than on them that you either do successfully, or its a wasted run (if you are trying for top 1%). That chews up your tickets pretty quick. You do get it eventually though.... my tough one was Great Wall; easily spent a whole days tickets on that one... its my kryptonite for some reason. :)

There are worse ones; Just be glad you are not going to be dealing with Metal Mayhem, for instance. You could go through 7 tickets in a minute on that track if you cant get the opening jump...

CostasV2
01-15-2018, 08:03 PM
There are worse ones; Just be glad you are not going to be dealing with Metal Mayhem, for instance. You could go through 7 tickets in a minute on that track if you cant get the opening jump...

Ha.. still one more Leg left...

ymja
01-16-2018, 04:02 PM
Please, don't jinx it... Metal Mayhem with Donkey == huge income for RedLynx for selling tickets :p

ambsan47
01-16-2018, 04:58 PM
You can race the tracks from the map and see if they are decorated for the Dakar Rally or not.

Metal Mayhem is not, but I remember there were still some more hardcore tracks Dakar decorated (I can't check it right now)

ymja
01-16-2018, 05:25 PM
True with the Dakar decals, when I think of it... No extra decals in Metal Mayhem :)

Rowdy Roofing is one of the "flagged" ones. Depends on the bike pretty much how hard it can be.

ps. Bronze with Berserker ;) Not even tried to properly ride that one to be honest..

xitooner
01-16-2018, 08:31 PM
Rowdy Roofing is one of the "flagged" ones.

I had been occasionally looking around for Dakar decals too; you can add "Break and Enter" to the list as well (top-right track on 2nd page).

Over time I have looked at most of the uglier tracks, but havent spotted any other new ones; we'll see. I had been thinking it was about time to a have a "donkey" round... :)