PDA

View Full Version : Patch using a patch manager or not?

ladlon
03-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Just wondering if I'm better to apply patches using some sort of patch manager, or just do it manually? Any managers you'd recommend for FB/AEP/PF?

ladlon
03-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Just wondering if I'm better to apply patches using some sort of patch manager, or just do it manually? Any managers you'd recommend for FB/AEP/PF?

Chuck_Older
03-04-2006, 09:49 AM
I always just downloaded to desktop (with dialup, yet!), no manager. Even for 4.03, and I had tried saving the patch to disk...and it didn't work! But I had also d/l'd it overnight...and that one worked

I did have ONE problem, with 4.01. I could just not download an uncorrupted patch, so another member sent it to me on CD via mail

But all the way up through FB's first patch to 4.04, that was my only d/l trouble

ladlon
03-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi, Chuck... No, what I meant was a patch manager, not a download manager... A program that lets you list out the patches you want to apply, and it does it for you (keeps a backup of everything), allowing you to add/remove patches by just adding/removing them from the list (...which allows you to go back to the original (or previous) state, if you have trouble or don't like a current patch).

I suppose I'll just do it manually... I just don't want to have to install FB/AEP/PF all over again, plus all the patches! Yikes...

Chuck_Older
03-04-2006, 10:48 AM
I completely misunderstood

ladlon
03-04-2006, 11:30 AM
It happens.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

notamuppet
03-05-2006, 09:18 AM
They are self exracting. Just make sure that you know where you Il2 is installed!