PDA

View Full Version : Is the Aramusha buff enough?

Sneakly20
01-13-2018, 05:53 PM
So I made a post recently talking about the buffs or fixes he received. But I wonder if these changes are enough to pull him out of the dirt. He has suffered since his release because once you stop his obvious chains he canít get very far. Iím wondering if the devs were planning these changes in advance to a buff or more changes in the future? I hope so. I loved the Aramusha and he is one of the coolest characters to me but he lacks so much strength. Thoughts anyone? And please try to keep unhelpful remarks to a minimum thanks 👍

No0b.Nr.1
01-13-2018, 06:04 PM
I have aramusha rep 7, He has everything what he needs ! Damage is good. Use feints and u wll have easy times. ( space+w+mouse2 > feint> grab > do what u want, and change direction when finishing , its hard to master but once u done, u will rock )

David_gorda
01-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Arasmusha is by design catered to noobs. Very fast light and heavy attacks. Very low stamina Usage so dont need to manage stamina. Op feats like rocksteady so noobs that cant counter guardbreaks still cant get punished. Aramusha should have Been nerfed Not buffed but its a dlc Class that costs steel so ofc ubisoft buffs it to get the noobs money. Noobs Will Always be noobs even If they gave arasmusha 100ms that oneshots noobs would still complain how weak arasmusha is.

Cajin203
01-13-2018, 06:30 PM
So I made a post recently talking about the buffs or fixes he received. But I wonder if these changes are enough to pull him out of the dirt. he is far from in the dirt... in fact hes the most OP character right now so please... just stop... this character needs more nerfs, dunno why they even buffed him...

Dane520123
01-13-2018, 07:40 PM
Arasmusha is by design catered to noobs. Very fast light and heavy attacks. Very low stamina Usage so dont need to manage stamina. Op feats like rocksteady so noobs that cant counter guardbreaks still cant get punished. Aramusha should have Been nerfed Not buffed but its a dlc Class that costs steel so ofc ubisoft buffs it to get the noobs money. Noobs Will Always be noobs even If they gave arasmusha 100ms that oneshots noobs would still complain how weak arasmusha is.
U complain about aramusha 24/7 u got nothin better to do with your life huh. Noob this noob that yet you're the one getting curb stomped by light spam ? Lmfao

Dane520123
01-13-2018, 07:43 PM
he is far from in the dirt... in fact hes the most OP character right now so please... just stop... this character needs more nerfs, dunno why they even buffed him...
Not Op at all, and these rnt really buffs more like fixes. If you don't know how to block that's on u

David_gorda
01-13-2018, 07:50 PM
U complain about aramusha 24/7 u got nothin better to do with your life huh. Noob this noob that yet you're the one getting curb stomped by light spam ? Lmfao
You are the noob that complained that your precious centurion got nerfed and now you move to the next cancerrous Class. Yeah i see a pattern :D Maybe stop playing flavor Of the month op Class and get some skill?

Baggin_
01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
So I made a post recently talking about the buffs or fixes he received. But I wonder if these changes are enough to pull him out of the dirt. He has suffered since his release because once you stop his obvious chains he canít get very far. Iím wondering if the devs were planning these changes in advance to a buff or more changes in the future? I hope so. I loved the Aramusha and he is one of the coolest characters to me but he lacks so much strength. Thoughts anyone? And please try to keep unhelpful remarks to a minimum thanks 👍

I think if they made his push back kick knock oos characters over (much like valks headbutt) and reduced his blade blockade recovery time by 100ms or 2, then he'd be close to perfect.

Dane520123
01-13-2018, 07:53 PM
You are the noob that complained that your precious centurion got nerfed and now you move to the next cancerrous Class. Yeah i see a pattern :D Maybe stop playing flavor Of the month op Class and get some skill?
Because they nerfed him the wrong way I was all in for cent nerfs , and I don't main aramusha I'm just not a noob that doesn't know how to block like u lmfao. My ara is only rep 3 I rarely use him maybe if u actually tried playing him yourself and not come on the forums crying like a little baby ude know how low tier he is. He gets curb stomped by people that actually know what they're doing sorry to say but u might not be as good as u think u r kiddo

Cajin203
01-13-2018, 08:07 PM
Not Op at all, and these rnt really buffs more like fixes. If you don't know how to block that's on u oh I know how to block, my ara is rep 3 and is a face roll character so I stopped, trust me... hes op.. never got so bored of a character that quick.

brashtralas
01-13-2018, 08:07 PM
Aramusha is pretty good in 4v4 modes. If they buff him again they will need to start reducing his effectiveness in team modes.

I personally think rocksteady needs to go away. Thatís with or without buffs.

David_gorda
01-13-2018, 08:17 PM
oh I know how to block, my ara is rep 3 and is a face roll character so I stopped, trust me... hes op.. never got so bored of a character that quick. Thx good to see some honest People here that also Know better then Continue to play cheesy classes. I am proud Of you sir!

Mtcmnkk
01-13-2018, 09:10 PM
My ara is only rep 3 I rarely use him maybe if u actually tried playing him yourself and not come on the forums crying like a little baby ude know how low tier he is. He gets curb stomped by people that actually know what they're doing sorry to say but u might not be as good as u think u r kiddo

If you're getting curb stomped that's on you. Not complaining about the nerf at all but he didn't need it. He was never low tier, not even close.

UbiJurassic
01-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Right now we'll be looking to see how the Aramusha performs with the proposed changes coming with patch 1.18. Generally, when we implement nerfs or buffs, we want to see how the changes effect a hero's balance before we look to investigate or implement further changes in another live or title update.

SenBotsu893
01-13-2018, 09:26 PM
its more a bugfix than a buff for ara.

heavy on gb and lights not beeing guardbroken is a basic game mechanic for every character.

and his 25 damage top heavy should have been 600 ms from the start if you compare it to cents 600/500 ms heavys.

5 more damage increase on his blade block follow ups is nice i gues but its still not worth the risk. his fullblock is the only fullblock in the game with a recovery time and any other fullblock user can attack out of the fullblock regardless of a succsesfull block.

and the main issue still remains with aramusha. he has no opening move. and even if he manages to start with a random attack his soft feints are useless since they only allow them on finishers wich are way too telegraphed.

every highranking player regardless of plattform will confirm that its impossible to sustain a attack chain. its just asking for parries.

in summary: not much changes for aramusha. he will still be bottom tier like the other samurai.

Jarl.Felix
01-13-2018, 09:28 PM

heavy on gb and lights not beeing guardbroken is a basic game mechanic for every character.

and his 25 damage top heavy should have been 600 ms from the start if you compare it to cents 600/500 ms heavys.

5 more damage increase on his blade block follow ups is nice i gues but its still not worth the risk. his fullblock is the only fullblock in the game with a recovery time and any other fullblock user can attack out of the fullblock regardless of a succsesfull block.

and the main issue still remains with aramusha. he has no opening move. and even if he manages to start with a random attack his soft feints are useless since they only allow them on finishers wich are way too telegraphed.

every highranking player regardless of plattform will confirm that its impossible to sustain a attack chain. its just asking for parries.

in summary: not much changes for aramusha. he will still be bottom tier like the other samurai.

A noob like you will never be good with aramusha no matter the amounts of buffs, true.

A decent player will benefit ALOT from aramusha buffs.

That's the difference between you and the rest of the playerbase.

Mtcmnkk
01-13-2018, 09:36 PM

This post gave me cancer

The_B0G_
01-13-2018, 10:09 PM

Many of the characters have all of these issues, and not just samurai. At least half the roster doesn't have a safe opener, at least 2 if not more still can't get a heavy off of a GB. I think it's unfair to other classes that the Aramusha got bumped to the front of the balance list seeing as he isn't even that bad of a character anyway.

He's a feint oriented character, like kensei and orochi and zerker, he's all about mind games, if you aren't playing him that way then you're wasting your time. He's certainly not bottom tier.

UbiJurassic
01-13-2018, 10:12 PM
A noob like you will never be good with aramusha no matter the amounts of buffs, true.

A decent player will benefit ALOT from aramusha buffs.

That's the difference between you and the rest of the playerbase.

It's alright to disagree with someone's points, but let's refrain from calling names.

SlapO_xFight
01-13-2018, 10:22 PM
I would have to agree with the majority here. Ara definitly does not need a buff. My Are is Rep 6 and I too stopped playing him because of how easy it is to face roll people. At first I was like yes! They are finally doing something decent for the Samurai after all the talk and no show about fixing the Orochi. I liked the Aramusha a lot at first but again the more i played him the more i realized how stale he is and how much he needs work. Even though the Shaman has just about everything you would need in a character she still takes skill and brain power to manage in high tier play (not saying she's not any good we all know she's amazing). My point though is that anyone can go out there on the Aramusha and spam lights that are lighting fast and kill someone. The fact that even if you are late blocking the first one keeping in my that you will be able to block the second but then they switch to a heavy (which for me is easy to parry, however now for everyone) can stir things up for new players or others who haven't quite mastered these mechanics. On top of this Ubi is looking at changing parrying which in turn may make the Aramusha even more deadly. Who knows right.... There is one last thing I want to mention and that is for me at times even when I am adjusting my block or switching in a timely manner I still am unable to block in the direction of which the light attack is coming. I have even seen on my HUD where my blocking options do not even appear leaving me open and getting whacked no matter how many times I try to re adjust. Now this could be lag but its happened to me a few times and hopefully if this is lag Dedicated Servers with fix the problem.

Baggin_
01-13-2018, 10:56 PM
I've got a rep 12 Aramusha so I've put my fair share of time into him. Yes, I've crushed people who are not familiar with his moveset, but it's the people who are that absolutely crush me. There's not one thing I can do to them, his soft feint gets parried almost everytime for a free hard hitting heavy. His blade blockade is easily baited and since the recovery time is very long it's an easy guard break (super high risk very low reward). His oos max punish is underwhelming unless you get a parry and make the guy fall which gets you two heavies. His overall damage output when landing an initial heavy isn't enough to kill someone with one bar of health remaining. I've learned everything Ara has to offer and if i'm ever playing another character (or even Ara) against Ara there is nothing they can do to me as well. Turtling up against him is all you really have to do to secure a victory. He's in the same boat as Kensei (with just a touch more in his kit) that you have to use mind games like crazy to get anywhere with him.

Vakris_One
01-13-2018, 11:01 PM
So I made a post recently talking about the buffs or fixes he received. But I wonder if these changes are enough to pull him out of the dirt. He has suffered since his release because once you stop his obvious chains he can’t get very far. I’m wondering if the devs were planning these changes in advance to a buff or more changes in the future? I hope so. I loved the Aramusha and he is one of the coolest characters to me but he lacks so much strength. Thoughts anyone? And please try to keep unhelpful remarks to a minimum thanks ��
He's not in the dirt in my opinion, he's just really mediocre. He can be easily shut down and has no real way to overcome turtles. He's a noob stomper that gets progressively more negated the higher the player skill tree you go with players at higher levels able to completely shut him down. He's been incredibly mediocre ever since his release because of how he's built around lights and that infinite chain.

The fixes and adjustments he received were needed and they simply made him a more consistent character but he's still firmly in mid tier. Without completely reworking his kit into something different I'm not sure what can really be done to elevate him above mediocre. I think perhaps giving him the ability to do a kick from neutral is probably the only thing he needs right now to stop him from being so easily dealt with but also without going overboard and making him OP.

Baggin_
01-13-2018, 11:08 PM
He's not in the dirt in my opinion, he's just really mediocre. He can be easily shut down and has no real way to overcome turtles. He's a noob stomper that gets progressively more negated the higher the player skill tree you go with players at higher levels able to completely shut him down. He's been incredibly mediocre ever since his release because of how he's built around lights and that infinite chain.

The fixes and adjustments he received were needed and they simply made him a more consistent character but he's still firmly in mid tier. Without completely reworking his kit into something different I'm not sure what can really be done to elevate him above mediocre. I think perhaps giving him the ability to do a kick from neutral is probably the only thing he needs right now to stop him from being so easily dealt with but also without going overboard and making him OP.

I would take an activated kick out of blade blockade similar to Nobushis' kick.

NHLGoldenKnight
01-13-2018, 11:43 PM
This topic makes me laugh. Sometimes I do wonder if I live in the same universe as you guys do...lol

Aramusha and Shaman are complete cancer when it comes to 4v4 mode, you know, the one players actually play?
Listing moves doesn't make heroe op or balanced but actual stats do. And based on some observation and simple math, last week average number of Aramusha players was around 2.75 per game. They averaged around 13 takedowns per game with only around 2.5 deaths.

Of course, this is based on just one week and on 4v4 dominion. And region I play in.

However, being real life accountant /finance guy, I get obsessed with numbers/stats and I did many data collection for other heroes as well. Before Aramusha/Shaman, the player base included most of Gladiator/Centurion mix and they would account for even 60% player base on some weeks. Strangely, after introduction of Aramusha/Shaman, numbers of Gladiators and Centurios went down like crazy. Why? Because now those players have more effective tools to boost their precious K/D.

Also, would you guys like to guess who was the most dominant hero, at least based on my "research " ? Berserker by far. I don't know his numbers on top of my head, but average KD fir that guy was amazing. And he needs a buff right? LOL

Based on that, I can't take any of these discussions seriously because it seems that at least one third of players right now are actually playing as Aramusha.

But back on topic, no Aramusha doesn't need buff. He never need the one he already got for that matter.

Alustar.
01-14-2018, 03:33 AM
If you are a playing a hero with static block, there is no reason you should have problems breaking his "light spam". Keep your block on top, and if you for some reason feel like you -have- to block they hit, then get ready to choose between two vectors.
If you are assassin, be ready to dodge forward or side to break the chain. Use deflect. This **** works. Assassins have it the hardest, is the sick we're stuck with. But if you are a non assassin, there is little excuse for not being able to break a light spam chain. Otherwise, it's likely not light spam, is probably a clever mix up. In those cases, just start throwing out suck attacks to break his chain that way.
Trust me, this is not a faceroll class. It's similar to berserker, and just as difficult to run. For honor doesn't have faceroll characters, if you are button mashing and winning, you are fighting poor players.

SenBotsu893
01-14-2018, 05:21 AM
Many of the characters have all of these issues, and not just samurai. At least half the roster doesn't have a safe opener, at least 2 if not more still can't get a heavy off of a GB. I think it's unfair to other classes that the Aramusha got bumped to the front of the balance list seeing as he isn't even that bad of a character anyway.

He's a feint oriented character, like kensei and orochi and zerker, he's all about mind games, if you aren't playing him that way then you're wasting your time. He's certainly not bottom tier.

while not everyone gets a heavy of a gb they at least get more than aramushas 15 damage light. Pk has tribble stab, Raider can either zone for 28 damage or stamina drain + knee damage + free light, Highlander can also start the first 25 damage part of his zone. so while they not have a heavy per se they still had better options. giving ara a heavy on gb should havve been the case since release of this character.

and his feint game is useless on higher levels. even more so on PC. just watch some of the known streamers when they play tournament-mode like.
the characters you mentioned use hard feints to sneak in the damage. if you do that with aramusha you miss out on damage since his starting lights are among the lowest damaging in the game.
aramushas designed to use his soft-feint since they offer better damage than a hard-feint. but his softfeint is more easy to react to since they only are allowed on his finishers.
if he could softfeint any starting heavy like shaman then his feintgame would be stronger but as of now he cant hold up to the feint-game of other characters.

Knight_Raime
01-14-2018, 06:54 AM
No. His top heavy after blade blockade is still inconsistent. It needs to be designated to a type of move (say heavies) and always land if you BBed a heavy. Or at least in majority of instances.
Kick can still be avoided by heros that are not shin and bushi. so that should be fixed. Ring the bell is fine now. Unsure if side unblockable should be changed. Beyond that there are a couple of other things I could suggest to make him better. But are not really needed per se. The main issue with him atm is his inf combo doesn't work against decently skilled players and above. Combined with blade blockade being hit and miss in effectiveness.

I don't think we should work on his inf combo at all. As you can see in this thread people who fail to deal with it claim he's broken. We don't need to have them crying any louder. So making blade blockade better should give him better footing in the roster. Once parries are nerfed it'll feel a bit better. The rewards for using it need to be looked into a bit longer. And potentially giving it slightly better defense/use through creative ways. But for sure the rewards need to be there. right now they really are not.