PDA

View Full Version : So the Aramusha gets a buff...

The_B0G_
01-12-2018, 05:05 AM
Let me start off by saying I'm ok with the Aramusha buff, I only ever had an issue with him when using Assassins, and I don't play them often.

The only gripe I have with this buff, is the fact that highlander has been passed over after needing a buff since he released. Why are the Devs ignoring plees for highlander buffs since he was released, yet they buff a character who released a relatively short time ago in comparison and one that didn't need a buff nearly as bad.

The highlander doesn't need a rework or new animations or moves, his kit is good, his numbers just need to be adjusted.

He has uninterruptable attacks for trading, yet it kicks in so late into the attack that he usually gets interrupted anyway, and even if he does trade, his HP is so low its barely ever worth trading due to his mediocre damage.

Speaking of his mediocre damage, it isn't even that his damage is that much lower than it should be, it's that his stamina consumption is through the roof, most fights you have to take at least one if not multiple breaks to regain stamina before you can finish someone.

Offensive stance takes so long to get in to that it leaves him with a defensive light attack as his best opener because everybody parries his Celtic curse. His offensive light is extremely weak but takes a lot of stamina to use.

His crushing counter is great, but you need to have your guard set to the side you're being attacked on before your enemy starts his attack in order for it to work.

So basically what I want to know from the Devs is,
A. Why was Highlander passed over and untouched since release?
B. When is he going to get some attention? (soon is not an acceptable answer)

bob333e
01-12-2018, 05:16 AM
If I may, I'll give my 2c in the meantime till a Community Representative chips in:

1) Highlander did not cause gameplay issues as much as Aramusha, who became the cheese spamfest character and nearly everybody using Aramusha was, in a way, forced to resort to his side-top-side light combo for him to be actually viable. With the recent adjustment of values he's been given, players are more encouraged to use his kit more, particularly Blade Blockade and punishes off Blade Blockade. Though at higher skill play this will hardly make a big impact, as Blade Blockade is easily baited and punished. If anything, it was the damage buff to his side heavy that would encourage players using his heavies more, as well as enabling a top heavy on GB so that players (hopefully) resort to the side-top-side spam less and less. Highlander, on the other hand, is a great hero, and requires skill to actually use, however his entire presence in the game isn't causing as much rampant salt as Aramusha's presence. I do believe this is why they decided to address Aramusha first, just like they addressed Shaman just 2 weeks post S4 release, and again in this recent patch.

2) They confirmed in the recent Den that Conqueror and Highlander's reworks will be ready by around March-April. They didn't give an exact date, they just said 'during Season 5', and considering Season 5 statistically ends in May, I'm betting it's between mid-March and mid-April.

Knight_Raime
01-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Likely because the devs along with a significant portion (judging from competitive for honor reddit) of the community thinks highlander is flawed fundamentally.
Ara on the other hand only needs slight adjusting. Highlander is getting reworked anyway in season 5. Along side kensei, conq, and zerker.

BTTrinity
01-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Likely because the devs along with a significant portion (judging from competitive for honor reddit) of the community thinks highlander is flawed fundamentally.
Ara on the other hand only needs slight adjusting. Highlander is getting reworked anyway in season 5. Along side kensei, conq, and zerker.

if they moved reworks to S5 then I think im done playing the game for a while then. In S3 reworks were meant to come out S4, now they're meant to come out S5, then they'll tell us that they're coming in S6.

Armosias
01-12-2018, 01:37 PM
if they moved reworks to S5 then I think im done playing the game for a while then. In S3 reworks were meant to come out S4, now they're meant to come out S5, then they'll tell us that they're coming in S6.
Never heard them saying that reworks were for S4, yet they clearly said that conq, zerk, Highlander and kensei would have their reworks at S5's start yesterday.

BTTrinity
01-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Never heard them saying that reworks were for S4, yet they clearly said that conq, zerk, Highlander and kensei would have their reworks at S5's start yesterday.

They said it multiple times during S3

Tyrjo
01-12-2018, 02:41 PM
I'm 100% sure the reworks are only going to consist of unblockable moves and that everything can soft feint into everything.

The_B0G_
01-12-2018, 04:02 PM
If I may, I'll give my 2c in the meantime till a Community Representative chips in:

1) Highlander did not cause gameplay issues as much as Aramusha, who became the cheese spamfest character and nearly everybody using Aramusha was, in a way, forced to resort to his side-top-side light combo for him to be actually viable. With the recent adjustment of values he's been given, players are more encouraged to use his kit more, particularly Blade Blockade and punishes off Blade Blockade. Though at higher skill play this will hardly make a big impact, as Blade Blockade is easily baited and punished. If anything, it was the damage buff to his side heavy that would encourage players using his heavies more, as well as enabling a top heavy on GB so that players (hopefully) resort to the side-top-side spam less and less. Highlander, on the other hand, is a great hero, and requires skill to actually use, however his entire presence in the game isn't causing as much rampant salt as Aramusha's presence. I do believe this is why they decided to address Aramusha first, just like they addressed Shaman just 2 weeks post S4 release, and again in this recent patch.

2) They confirmed in the recent Den that Conqueror and Highlander's reworks will be ready by around March-April. They didn't give an exact date, they just said 'during Season 5', and considering Season 5 statistically ends in May, I'm betting it's between mid-March and mid-April.

1. So Aramusha was too good for lower level skilled players so they had to expedite his BUFF above many other heroes who have needed it more, for longer, so that he was good in high skill level play as well... This excuse does not make any sense to me at all.
Aramusha is a much better hero than HL right now and was before his recent buff. It's true HL takes a lot of skill to play and in his current state is weaker than almost every character in the game, if someone can parry Celtic curse, which most can, you have defensive lights and thats it to open people up. Even his GB is the worse in the game and often misses people directly in front of him.

2. Anyone who plays HL a lot knows he doesn't need a rework like kensei or zerk or conq, he needs rebalances in attack speeds, stamina cost, maximum stamina, gb range and maximum HP.

Basically everything needs to be looked at and rebalanced, he doesn't need new mixups or animations, his kit is good just very poorly balanced.

David_gorda
01-12-2018, 04:14 PM
I'm 100% sure the reworks are only going to consist of unblockable moves and that everything can soft feint into everything.
Lol yeah sad but true.

The_B0G_
01-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Lol yeah sad but true.

That is all they need though. Something to open up turtles.

David_gorda
01-12-2018, 04:28 PM
That is all they need though. Something to open up turtles.celtic curse soft feinted to something else is a start. Throw distance is a Joke for such a huge character. He probably need some more HP and slight speed buff on most attacks to .

The_B0G_
01-12-2018, 05:37 PM
celtic curse soft feinted to something else is a start. Throw distance is a Joke for such a huge character. He probably need some more HP and slight speed buff on most attacks to .

As far as HL goes, yes. Like both of my posts about him said, he needs a complete rebalance in basically every area. He however does not need new animations or reworks.