PDA

View Full Version : HyperLobby Funding

Vortex_79
11-04-2010, 03:55 PM
~S~

You may be finding it hard to join Hyperlobby. The reason is this...

Hello All

Some connection restrictions has been applied to the hyperlobby server to save bandwidth it consume. Those limits are max of 30 players in chat per HL room. This restrictions are not applied to users than are already in game since it not consume allmost any bandwidth.

Iam sory for this inconvenience, but i refused finance HL only by myself and for this i started HL donation system few months ago. Last moth was not enought to preserve HL service in state it was here for last ten years ...

Jiri

Which is posted on Jiri webpage here...

http://hyperfighter.sk/

He also states...

Dear HyperLobby Members

As you know, HyperLobby is a free online gaming system with a ten year history and a strong community backing. HyperLobby is primarily designed to support online flight simulation and some other online games.

It’s becoming increasingly more costly keeping Hyperlobby running. The expenses with maintaining the website, development and hosting, and keeping current with the necessary hardware and software keep going up. This means that I must ask for your help with sharing these costs of HyperLobby. Any member wishing to contribute to HyperLobby will be greatly appreciated. The servers and bandwidth are not donated and I must pay those bills every month to keep things going. For those of you who can, I ask that you make a monetary contribution in whatever amount you'd like. Every little bit counts.

This money will be used to pay HyperLobby’s hosting and domain costs, and needed technology upgrades such as hardware and software. If you wish to support the HyperLobby online system, you can make a quick donation by clicking this button above.

Jiri it seems needs some funding, unless the IL2 community members start to donate, then HyperLobby as we know it will slowly die which will have dire consequences for all those who use HyperLobby to join online games.

Vortex_79
11-04-2010, 03:55 PM
~S~

You may be finding it hard to join Hyperlobby. The reason is this...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Hello All

Some connection restrictions has been applied to the hyperlobby server to save bandwidth it consume. Those limits are max of 30 players in chat per HL room. This restrictions are not applied to users than are already in game since it not consume allmost any bandwidth.

Iam sory for this inconvenience, but i refused finance HL only by myself and for this i started HL donation system few months ago. Last moth was not enought to preserve HL service in state it was here for last ten years ...

Jiri
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is posted on Jiri webpage here...

http://hyperfighter.sk/

He also states...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Dear HyperLobby Members

As you know, HyperLobby is a free online gaming system with a ten year history and a strong community backing. HyperLobby is primarily designed to support online flight simulation and some other online games.

It’s becoming increasingly more costly keeping Hyperlobby running. The expenses with maintaining the website, development and hosting, and keeping current with the necessary hardware and software keep going up. This means that I must ask for your help with sharing these costs of HyperLobby. Any member wishing to contribute to HyperLobby will be greatly appreciated. The servers and bandwidth are not donated and I must pay those bills every month to keep things going. For those of you who can, I ask that you make a monetary contribution in whatever amount you'd like. Every little bit counts.

This money will be used to pay HyperLobby’s hosting and domain costs, and needed technology upgrades such as hardware and software. If you wish to support the HyperLobby online system, you can make a quick donation by clicking this button above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jiri it seems needs some funding, unless the IL2 community members start to donate, then HyperLobby as we know it will slowly die which will have dire consequences for all those who use HyperLobby to join online games.

ytareh
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
OK OK!Im off to donate some more ...whatever you do Jiri dont let Hyperlobby die or I reckon IL2 would go with it .Personally it makes up 95% of my IL2 experience.I would FAR sooner see Hyperlobby go subscription than die ...and the sad thing is that these kind of services often disappear and then its too late to try throw money at it .Come on everybody ,stick in a few bob/bucks !

El_clampy
11-05-2010, 07:56 AM
you are quite right ytareh , hyperlobby is the main force for keeping il2 alive i think . and yes i would rahter pay a subscription service than let it die , but i wonder how many others would ? . i would imagine a lot are unwilling or unable to contribute to hyperlobbys upkeep . the rest being left to us diehards to which i don't mind donating everymonth . but surely rather than these piecemeal efforts to keep the hyperlobby going with the continual ups and downs off the service as i see it from now on without regular funding . maybe we should think bigger maybe some off the admins on here or hyperlobby can organize donations to them off old and unwanted items off electronics or like wise for car boot sales or garage sales in america . would somebody be willing off you admins to coordinats such efforts ? ie for each country ? . anyway i'm sorry if i am speaking out off line but i think all must be done to keep our beloved hyperlobby going .
flying online as El_cide