PDA

View Full Version : Remove rocksteady fest from aramusha

David_gorda
01-10-2018, 07:11 PM
This Class is cancer already remove this op feat from lightspam noob Class

Vakris_One
01-11-2018, 12:36 AM
For someone who acknowledges that Aramusha is a mediocre hero and claims to not have a problem beating him you sure do rage about him a lot. I'm telling you man, the more you instill in your mind that you are getting beat by "noobs" the angrier you'll be and the worse you'll make yourself feel.

Anywho, the rocksteady feat should be redesigned or removed from the game as it fundamentally breaks the mechanics of the fighting system. Shugo has it too, it's just that everybody strangely ignored it until Aramusha got it. Funny that.

David_gorda
01-11-2018, 12:43 AM
For someone who acknowledges that Aramusha is a mediocre hero and claims to not have a problem beating him you sure do rage about him a lot. I'm telling you man, the more you instill in your mind that you are getting beat by "noobs" the angrier you'll be and the worse you'll make yourself feel.

Anywho, the rocksteady feat should be redesigned or removed from the game as it fundamentally breaks the mechanics of the fighting system. Shugo has it too, it's just that everybody strangely ignored it until Aramusha got it. Funny that.
I think rocksteady is actually fine for shugoki, its suits him. It doesnt suit aramusha. IG you played on console you would understand how rediculous aramusha is. Yes i usually beat them but its because My skill level is much higher. Its hard to react to his infinite chains and soft feints on console and when you manage to parry his lights you vant punish him because his not getting staggered when you wallsplat him and you cant throw him to the ground when his Out Of stamina.
The only reason is Always say he is not op because i consider PC players aswell and you need an unblockable opened to be S tier like glads zone and toestab.

Vakris_One
01-11-2018, 01:04 AM
I think rocksteady is actually fine for shugoki, its suits him. It doesnt suit aramusha. IG you played on console you would understand how rediculous aramusha is. Yes i usually beat them but its because My skill level is much higher. Its hard to react to his infinite chains and soft feints on console and when you manage to parry his lights you vant punish him because his not getting staggered when you wallsplat him and you cant throw him to the ground when his Out Of stamina.
The only reason is Always say he is not op because i consider PC players aswell and you need an unblockable opened to be S tier like glads zone and toestab.
Fair enough, I don't play on console. However I still don't agree with having a derogatory attitude towards players because of the class they choose to play, no matter which platform they're on. I'd say the rocksteady feat is more dangerous on the Shugo because he can turn a failed wallsplat/revenge/parry follow up into a demon's embrace opportunity if near a wall. That's far more dangerous than Aramusha getting to continue his infinite chain.

The feat itself breaks the fundamental mechanics of the fight system and needs to go in my opinion.

David_gorda
01-11-2018, 01:17 AM
Fair enough, I don't play on console. However I still don't agree with having a derogatory attitude towards players because of the class they choose to play, no matter which platform they're on. I'd say the rocksteady feat is more dangerous on the Shugo because he can turn a failed wallsplat/revenge/parry follow up into a demon's embrace opportunity if near a wall. That's far more dangerous than Aramusha getting to continue his infinite chain.

The feat itself breaks the fundamental mechanics of the fight system and needs to go in my opinion.
If i say anyone plays Class X is a noob and a person Cares about that statement i feel sorry for them :D i wouldnt mind if rocksteady was removed completly but its definitly not something aramusha should Have. Shugoki is unique with his superslow attacks and hyperarmor so i think it suits for him but No problem if ubisoft remove it.

RoosterIlluzion
01-11-2018, 01:43 AM
That feat should merely be adjusted so it doesn't work against players with active revenge.

Klingentaenz3r
01-11-2018, 01:16 PM
That may be a good point. This would address a situation in which this feat shines the strongest in the hand of an aramusha. While other players have to be wary the supporting Aramusha can basically with just a minor risk spam his attacks further without fearing to get thrown to the ground by the revenge activation or a parry.

I think rocksteady is for that reason a bit too strong for aramusha. As for Shugoki it is fitting as it is. He is too slow to get up so staying up for him is often very crucial.

Vakris_One
01-11-2018, 02:57 PM
That may be a good point. This would address a situation in which this feat shines the strongest in the hand of an aramusha. While other players have to be wary the supporting Aramusha can basically with just a minor risk spam his attacks further without fearing to get thrown to the ground by the revenge activation or a parry.

I think rocksteady is for that reason a bit too strong for aramusha. As for Shugoki it is fitting as it is. He is too slow to get up so staying up for him is often very crucial.
I disagree. All characters get up at the same speed do that's a non issue. The reason I can see as to why they gave Aramusha the rocksteady feat is because he is overly reliant on lights and lights cannot be feinted. On PC past a certain skill tier Aramusha's lights get parried all the time. So the devs probably decided to "future proof" him with that feat for when most players will be parrying most of his lights. It's less effort than redesigning his kit after seeing how limited they made it.

Shugo may have slow attacks but he isn't reliant on lights so he can go without using them unless it's safe to do so. Rocksteady feat on him allows him to surprise people and lead them into a demon's embrace. Making him very dangerous to parry or try a wallsplat near a wall because he will turn your punish into a punish of his own into demons embrace.

If we're removing the feat then it needs to go from the game not just from Aramusha.

Klingentaenz3r
01-11-2018, 03:44 PM
The reason I can see as to why they gave Aramusha the rocksteady feat is because he is overly reliant on lights and lights cannot be feinted. On PC past a certain skill tier Aramusha's lights get parried all the time. So the devs probably decided to "future proof" him with that feat for when most players will be parrying most of his lights.

With Rock Steady he is not immune to light parry consequences. You still eat your normal parry punish. Rock Steady only does not let you fall over (for instance when you are parried OOS, swept by valk, thrown by a Caber Toss or blown away by a revenge activation) AND people cannot hope to gb you and throw you into a wall for a wallsplat punish (this affects bashes too). Hence Aramusha's lights getting parried is not exactly the issue that is solved or prevented with the feat Rock Steady. It only prevents you from getting disabled for too long for greater punishment and keeps you going. As for Aramusha this is benefit in the form I've described already. He can continue his attacks against sb who is about to pop revenge and cross out some punishment options.
For Shugoki this feat is essential to not become the next fat victim on the ground after throwing out his unblockable into a revenge activation. Also it gives him a better function as a heavy to defend a point as Centurion and other disabler have a more difficult time with him. Since he is not capable being present everywhere on the map like shaman and his output is nowhere near of those faster characters I think this feat suits his role quite well - being a rock that is. Without the feat he is very quickly killed usually. He does not have that many tools to fight back against multiple opponents effectively so holding off or utilizing those small mistakes opponents do when they act out of a habit seems to be fair for the Shugoki to me.

Are you sure about the getting up speeds? I have only my subjective perspective since I haven't seen any numbers on that topic anywhere yet to this day, but I always had the feeling that my heavier classes like Shugoki or Highlander tend to get up slower after falling down and as a result tend to eat max punishments more reliably. I could be wrong, but then again in 4v4 falling down as a Shugoki was always very harsh. It could be of course the combination of maybe being a big hitbox and drawing a lot of attention to himself