PDA

View Full Version : Centurion needs a buff honestly

Eyyupyeser95
01-10-2018, 03:42 PM
He has a very limited moveset and without a wall nearby he isnt very good and he has the lowest health in game so what do you think? Does he need a buff?

SaschoS
01-10-2018, 03:48 PM
He needs to be reworked or deleted

Eyyupyeser95
01-10-2018, 04:45 PM
He needs to be reworked or deleted

Agree he isnt so good honestly

David_gorda
01-10-2018, 04:55 PM
He still has his wallsplat combo and is extremly good in group fights, plus he is immune to feints becaue Of his fast Heavies. Also soft feint into guardbreak anytime during charge heavy is ********. The Class should never ever Been a part Of for honor.

Kahuf1
01-10-2018, 04:56 PM
He have great moves, rly brutal stamina control and damage, tons of posibilities, so heavy punish after GB. His reaction times is better then 2/3 assasins so his HP have to be like assasins. He have guaranteed combos... what do u rly want more?

Im not agressive or something mate but how long did u play with or against Centurion? Rly no offence...

Eyyupyeser95
01-10-2018, 05:02 PM
He have great moves, rly brutal stamina control and damage, tons of posibilities, so heavy punish after GB. His reaction times is better then 2/3 assasins so his HP have to be like assasins. He have guaranteed combos... what do u rly want more?

Im not agressive or something mate but how long did u play with or against Centurion? Rly no offence...

His moveset is very limited, easily readible believe me the soft feint to guardbreak almost never works

Kahuf1
01-10-2018, 05:12 PM
His moveset is limited? Try 80% other heroes mate :D I hope... no i pray for next big patch information... then we can say something new...

U will say he need buff, tons of players (include me) will say he need nerf.

Mtcmnkk
01-10-2018, 07:44 PM
Nope. Fastest heavies in the game that are chargeable and can be feinted which makes him easily the riskiest char to parry. Kicks can keep you oos and are unpunishable on whiff bc he can follow up with a heavy. Only char to get two free heavies after a light parry. Best char in the game.

Dane520123
01-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Nope. Fastest heavies in the game that are chargeable and can be feinted which makes him easily the riskiest char to parry. Kicks can keep you oos and are unpunishable on whiff bc he can follow up with a heavy. Only char to get two free heavies after a light parry. Best char in the game.
1.) fastest heavys in the game yes, but his heavy DMg low and it's still easily parryable

2.) riskiest character my *** XD

3.) his kicks r super super easily dodgable and punishable if u can't avoid those u just suck bro

4.) His heavys do little DMg as I said above, characters like raider and warden don't need to be getting 2 free heavys because they hit like trucks. And if that cent can parry lights so easily then Cutos to him because that sht isn't easy, it's barely doable on console

JadeBosson.
01-10-2018, 08:28 PM
nah he's fine as is

Kahuf1
01-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Cents heavy damage is 25 like some of conqueror, warlord, valkyria, highlander AND can be charged.

So why they dont have 2 free heavy?

Eyyupyeser95
01-10-2018, 08:59 PM

He doesnt get a free heavy after a kick

Mtcmnkk
01-10-2018, 09:06 PM
1.) fastest heavys in the game yes, but his heavy DMg low and it's still easily parryable

2.) riskiest character my *** XD

3.) his kicks r super super easily dodgable and punishable if u can't avoid those u just suck bro

4.) His heavys do little DMg as I said above, characters like raider and warden don't need to be getting 2 free heavys because they hit like trucks. And if that cent can parry lights so easily then Cutos to him because that sht isn't easy, it's barely doable on console

2. Charged heavies mean that he can get you with a different speed of heavies every time. Then you have to watch out for feint gb, do yea easily the toughest/riskiest char to parry.

3. The kicks are easily dodge able but they are also unpunishable bc he can follow up with a heavy.

4. Speaking as a raider main on console welcome to my world. It's impossible to win at high levels if you can't parry lights. However it is very doable. If you can't do it you just suck bro

Mtcmnkk
01-10-2018, 09:07 PM
He doesnt get a free heavy after a kick

Re read I said unpunishable bc he can follow up with heavy

Dane520123
01-10-2018, 09:42 PM
2. Charged heavies mean that he can get you with a different speed of heavies every time. Then you have to watch out for feint gb, do yea easily the toughest/riskiest char to parry.

3. The kicks are easily dodge able but they are also unpunishable bc he can follow up with a heavy.

4. Speaking as a raider main on console welcome to my world. It's impossible to win at high levels if you can't parry lights. However it is very doable. If you can't do it you just suck bro
2.) feint into guard break is only a problem if you're turtling like a noob and don't know what counter Guard breaking is

3.) follow up with a heavy after kick ?? Now you have no idea what you're talking about, he only gets a gaurenteed light kick which can be followed up by a guard break ( that combo never works btw unless u suck that bad)

4.) Loool u main raider and complain about centurion ?? Fckin hilarious
, u stun tap spamming noobs r the ones that need a nerf

Mtcmnkk
01-10-2018, 09:50 PM
2.) feint into guard break is only a problem if you're turtling like a noob and don't know what counter Guard breaking is

3.) follow up with a heavy after kick ?? Now you have no idea what you're talking about, he only gets a gaurenteed light kick which can be followed up by a guard break ( that combo never works btw unless u suck that bad)

4.) Loool u main raider and complain about centurion ?? Fckin hilarious
, u stun tap spamming noobs r the ones that need a nerf

2. Can't cgb if you're trying to parry. And turtling would make it easier to cgb.

3. Learn to read. I said it's unpunishable bc he can follow up with a heavy. Meaning you can't gb after.

4. Not as hilarious as you asking for a buff for one of the 2 best heroes in the game.

BTTrinity
01-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Meh, he can already take away 50% HP from over half the cast just for parrying you. hes fine. Almost every OG hero needs a buff far more than he does.

brashtralas
01-10-2018, 11:07 PM
Ugh. Some of these replies are a joke.

He needs a rework, from a cent main. His move set is unbelievably limited.

To everyone complaining about charged attacks and parry timing... QUIT TRYING TO PARRY HIM. Just do a light attack during heavy charge and be done with it. And his kick is laughable.

When I try to kick someone I pray they have slow reaction time, because if they donít, Iím done for.

Ugh, with a character like shaman, I canít believ thereís any room to complain about centurion.

Knight_Raime
01-10-2018, 11:11 PM
I mean part of reworking him would technically be buffing. So yes in a way. But overall I think it would be more accurate to say he needs a rework.

Knight_Raime
01-10-2018, 11:14 PM

You've already been explained in detail by me and charmzz how much of his kit is factually useless against a competent player.
You ducked us because you couldn't counter what we said. You are absolutely being aggressive.

David_gorda
01-10-2018, 11:17 PM
I mean part of reworking him would technically be buffing. So yes in a way. But overall I think it would be more accurate to say he needs a rework.
Yeah he need rework, first thing i to remove the punch that puts People on the ground so he can do his jumpattack. It shouldnt be so easy to put someone on the ground. Especially in 4vs 4 and his parry punish needs nerf aswell.

Knight_Raime
01-10-2018, 11:18 PM

If you're going about parrying anyone often let alone the centurion it's entirely your fault if you get punished. You can shut out centurions heavy soft feint into gb rather easily. If he's on his first heavy all you have to do is literally stand there. And if he's doing his heavy finisher (so it can be unblockable) same thing. Just wait.
If you're letting kicks land while you're oos that's entirely on you. they don't become harder to dodge while you are OOS. Also kicks nor any other bash keeps you OOS anymore. they just pause your stamina gain for a brief period of time. I'm sure it would feel like that if you're letting kicks repeatedly hit you. But factually it doesn't.
Also his kick is beat by anyone who has a dash attack. even if he ques the heavy after. So it's hardly unpunishable.

Knight_Raime
01-10-2018, 11:21 PM

if he's constantly charging his heavies there are only 2 instances that you need to look for. Due to animations it doesn't matter when he cancels. There are 3 distinct timings. One of which is immediately after hitting heavy. Again you shouldn't be looking to parry unless you know for sure. That goes for any hero. Not just centurion. and again no. anyone with a dodge attack beats the qued heavy after kick.

Knight_Raime
01-10-2018, 11:24 PM
2. Can't cgb if you're trying to parry. And turtling would make it easier to cgb.

3. Learn to read. I said it's unpunishable bc he can follow up with a heavy. Meaning you can't gb after.

4. Not as hilarious as you asking for a buff for one of the 2 best heroes in the game.

lolno. Centurion is not one of the 2 best heros in the game. Top 3 are (in order) pk, glad, shaman. Centurion is A tier. not S tier. and it's only because he has good punishes. literally everything else about his kit is garbage. which calls for him to get a rework.

Vakris_One
01-10-2018, 11:49 PM
He needs a slight rework rather than a straight up buff or nerf. But out of all the characters that are in need of a rework in order to actually work I'd say he's last on the list. I'd put the entire OG roster plus Highlander in for a rework before Centurion simply because the OG roster has been waiting longer and Highlander is in a worse place than Centurion.

David_gorda
01-10-2018, 11:52 PM
He needs a slight rework rather than a straight up buff or nerf. But out of all the characters that are in need of a rework in order to actually work I'd say he's last on the list. I'd put the entire OG roster plus Highlander in for a rework before Centurion simply because the OG roster has been waiting longer and Highlander is in a worse place than Centurion. Yep agreed.

Mtcmnkk
01-11-2018, 12:01 AM
Ugh. Some of these replies are a joke.

He needs a rework, from a cent main. His move set is unbelievably limited.

To everyone complaining about charged attacks and parry timing... QUIT TRYING TO PARRY HIM. Just do a light attack during heavy charge and be done with it. And his kick is laughable.

When I try to kick someone I pray they have slow reaction time, because if they donít, Iím done for.

Ugh, with a character like shaman, I canít believ thereís any room to complain about centurion.

Quit trying to parry him........ I'll leave you to think about that because I don't know where to start

Mtcmnkk
01-11-2018, 12:12 AM
lolno. Centurion is not one of the 2 best heros in the game. Top 3 are (in order) pk, glad, shaman. Centurion is A tier. not S tier. and it's only because he has good punishes. literally everything else about his kit is garbage. which calls for him to get a rework.

The amount of cope in your posts is staggering. You would think it's coming from a conq main (which would be justified) So because someone said he is second tier you think he deserves a buff to top tier

Knight_Raime
01-11-2018, 12:19 AM
The amount of cope in your posts is staggering. You would think it's coming from a conq main (which would be justified) So because someone said he is second tier you think he deserves a buff to top tier

What a lovely way to write off everything i've said.
It doesn't matter who I play. It doesn't change the validity of my statements at all.
If you bothered to read anything i've posted i'm not asking for him to be buffed. I want him reworked.
I want all heros in the game to be able to use most of if not all of their kit regardless of skill tier.

brashtralas
01-11-2018, 02:06 AM
Quit trying to parry him........ I'll leave you to think about that because I don't know where to start

? I told you what to do, no need to think, simply read. If youíre trying to parry every attack, the his soft feint, or even a real feint is going to get you.

Light attack him in heavy start-up if heís abusing charge times and soft feint. Keep some distance and laugh as he tries to kick you as you dodge and max punish him with a Gb.

EvoX.
01-11-2018, 07:39 AM
Agreed, though there are obviously a number of other classes needing buffs more than Centurion.

Still, gotta love how:

1. He has to dash forward every time for a medium speed kick that just guarantees a light. Meanwhile, Shaman can push you halfway across the screen plus wall splat with her equivalent, not to mention she can feint it into pretty much everything.

2. ''Mix-up intensive'', as in everyone knows to parry the second light or tech the GB after one light, completely ending any sort of ''combo''.

3. One of the few characters with a completely useless zone

4. Heavily dependent on walls. C-tier without them.

5. Worst feints in the game, even Conqueror laughs at them. You can sneak in like, what, 5 lights in the time it takes for the attack to cancel? Pretty dumb.

5. Charged heavy that becomes an unblockable cannot be feinted, unlike... pretty much every other class. Makes sense. This means all you have to do is sit there and either wait for a free parry, a block if uncharged, or a counter for the GB if soft feinted.

And a lot more I'm missing.

Krubyz
01-15-2018, 08:54 PM

One I think your wrong because he is not overpowering his kicks donít stun no more his unblockable heavy has no range! U always need to slam someone to a wall to get it off if not itís an easy dodge able attack. Feint!? Bro no one ever falls for that bcuz no one wants to even parry his attacks wen they can just counter him by dodging his easy kick or his up dodge heavy that little lunge that is even easier to dodge you canít infinity combo no one anymore at one point
I hated him but now he is nearly to the point extinct if u have no wall is useless and I rely more on support of your team because if u fight an assassin they can easily escape and run away and also your arguments about his speed in reaction time that stupid wardens reaction time is incredible and can block every attack no matter the speed but orochi u must time his blocks so his go should not be like an assassin the man is slow and heavy you can tell by the way he dodges and how hard he punches heís a up and close fighter that uses his entire body as weapon i love his design and as a roman he needs to be more of a threat like how they intended him to be

Depressd_Cent
01-15-2018, 11:19 PM
Agreed, though there are obviously a number of other classes needing buffs more than Centurion.

Still, gotta love how:

1. He has to dash forward every time for a medium speed kick that just guarantees a light. Meanwhile, Shaman can push you halfway across the screen plus wall splat with her equivalent, not to mention she can feint it into pretty much everything.

2. ''Mix-up intensive'', as in everyone knows to parry the second light or tech the GB after one light, completely ending any sort of ''combo''.

3. One of the few characters with a completely useless zone

4. Heavily dependent on walls. C-tier without them.

5. Worst feints in the game, even Conqueror laughs at them. You can sneak in like, what, 5 lights in the time it takes for the attack to cancel? Pretty dumb.

5. Charged heavy that becomes an unblockable cannot be feinted, unlike... pretty much every other class. Makes sense. This means all you have to do is sit there and either wait for a free parry, a block if uncharged, or a counter for the GB if soft feinted.

And a lot more I'm missing.

finally someone who knows that cent is in a bad spot

you can easily punish centurion on 80% of his kit, easy to parry attacks easy to block, easy to dodge and get a gb on almost everything from him