PDA

View Full Version : Double Inputs : Should this be a bug ??

We.the.North
01-10-2018, 03:33 AM
This might be because of the way I hold my controller ... but it works more than 90% of the time. Here are some example use of the double input trick :

1. After a LB Shove, Wait until your opponent does anything and press "X" and "A" at the same time :
Result : You'll automatically counter guard break if you opponent went for a GB and you'll automatically dodge if your opponent tried a light attack.

2. After a Shinobi release a charged move while you match your guard with the direction his scythe is facing, press "X" and "RT" at the same time :
Result : You'll automatically counter guard break or parry, depending on what the Shinobi did.

3. You face someone that likes to feint a lot, so right when you see the red attack indicator, input "RT" + "RB" for a zone attack :
Result : If the attack was an attack, you'll parry it ; if the attack was a feint, you'll zone attack (which might come from a different direction and thus, will hit your opponent)

Now here is the true problem : For players using a keyboard and mouse, you can input macros to your keyboard so each key will input multiple actions. For instance :

- Remap your light attack key so it also does a guardbreak during the light attack animation ; you'll automatically cgb if you light attack slow.
- Remap your heavy attack key so it also does a guardbreak during the heavy attack animation ; you'll automatically cgb if you heavy slow.
- Remap your dodge key so it also does a guardbreak during the dodge animation ; you'll automatically cgb if you dodged slow.

I know if you get caught DURING the animation, you wont be able to do anything about it. But this trick helps when you have the right reaction time, but the wrong input. It takes a lot of 50/50 out of the game.

hecate160992
01-10-2018, 03:49 AM
This is a technique in fighting games known as option select. Where (as in this case) you input a combination of buttons that will eprform different actions based on the context. Not sure if it's intended in this game but it's present in several games in the fighting genre.

Mirage6201
01-10-2018, 04:02 AM
Interesting ^

X1

This also causes defensive issues like failing to counter gb. I have also seen heavies that turn into gbs that still land the heavy.

I cant even count the number of cgbís that failed because I didnít wait for my cgb animation to end. For example when I change direction and heavy after I cgb but before the animation is over, the other player gets a free gb. I think the code sees a heavy and therefore allows a free gb.

I have also thrown top heavies as LB and canceled it too late, then blocked left and hit GB, only for other player to CGB but the top heavy still went through. It is always a choppy animation which reminds me of the warden crushing counter strike.

After 100 levels Iíve just started putting two and two together.

Those pesky double inputs. 😁

Mirage6201
01-10-2018, 04:05 AM
I also get lazy with Beserker clearing minions and mash heavy light really fast and it does infinite chain even though I probably didnít alternate heavy light correctly. (Double inputs)

PDXGorechild
01-10-2018, 03:50 PM
I also get lazy with Beserker clearing minions and mash heavy light really fast and it does infinite chain even though I probably didn’t alternate heavy light correctly. (Double inputs)

I noticed this. I can't seem to do it at will, though. Just seems to happen randomly.