PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Viking’s

xRocketfishx
01-09-2018, 11:42 PM
Winners of Season 4 Faction War

It’s mathematically impossible for us to lose this campaign so just defend.

Worst case scenario would be making it much closer then it needs to be is if we lost all territories and knights won all it would still be Viking’s with 37 and knights with 34.

Tundra 793
01-09-2018, 11:59 PM
I'll trust your math over mine.

Congrats Vikings! Glad to see the energy and tactical knowledge that won us Season 1 isn't completely gone. No way this is a rigged outcome designed to pan to each faction so no one feels left out.

Yay Vikings!

ChampionRuby50g
01-10-2018, 01:00 AM
All hail Odin then! We Vikings now further cement how superior we truly are over the other factions.

Mtcmnkk
01-10-2018, 02:13 AM
I have sent many warriors to Valhalla for this great victory. To Odin!

Hormly
01-10-2018, 05:20 AM
Do not celebrate prematurely my pagan brothers, i doubt ubi would allow the winner to be decided before all rounds have concluded...

Waxfacts
01-10-2018, 06:31 AM
45 territories and gaining... hmmm something feels off...

Xil_h
01-10-2018, 09:20 AM
I just started to play this game and pledged to the samurai. But seeing the Samurai putting all effort in attacking the Knights while we lose all territories to the Vikings made me face-palm so hard. I don't see the strategy.
So well done Vikings. Still I am sad and angry at how the Samurai handle the War.

nufrancis
01-10-2018, 10:35 AM
I just started to play this game and pledged to the samurai. But seeing the Samurai putting all effort in attacking the Knights while we lose all territories to the Vikings made me face-palm so hard. I don't see the strategy.
So well done Vikings. Still I am sad and angry at how the Samurai handle the War.

This past 2 Seasons Samurai is very2 bad. Im still find this difficult to understand. Everytime I play (in PS4) 4vs4 theres always Players from Samurai comes up and sometimes more than a half. We should have win if they are placing the war assets correctly. This is Several posibilities why we lose: they are too lazy to manuallly place war assets, wrongly place a war assets, or theres defect in the current faction war mechanics.

SaschoS
01-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Odin is embarrassed and would prolly spit on op shamans that are not even tested. Faction warfare is prolly broken as much as gameplay is.

Vakris_One
01-10-2018, 01:05 PM
This past 2 Seasons Samurai is very2 bad. Im still find this difficult to understand. Everytime I play (in PS4) 4vs4 theres always Players from Samurai comes up and sometimes more than a half. We should have win if they are placing the war assets correctly. This is Several posibilities why we lose: they are too lazy to manuallly place war assets, wrongly place a war assets, or theres defect in the current faction war mechanics.
It's entirely possible that Samurai have the most players, which actually massively hinders us because it reduces how much weight our assets have the way the FW works. All it takes is for close to half of the Samurai players to not give a toss about the Faction War and just let their assets go to waste, which is basically sabotaging the efforts of those of us who do play the Faction War. Because if our assets have less weight and half of our players don't even bother with the FW then we're fighting an uphill battle and we're basically screwed if any of the other factions have less players (i.e. more weight to their assets) but a more active interest in the Faction War. The Vikings probably have the least players but more of them are actively participating in the Faction War, which means that bonus weighting they get for being the smallest faction gives them a big advantage.

Essentially the formula to win the Faction War is this: whoever has the most active Faction War players per number of overall members signed up to that faction is going to win.

If your faction has more people actively participating in the Faction War in terms of your overall faction population then you have the advantage. This is where the more players you have signed up to your faction is actually a massive disadvantage if at least half of them don't participate in the faction war. Which is what I suspect happened to the Samurai.

The devs need to design a better system. One that keeps track of active participation in the faction war rather than a very simplistic system that blindly gives bonus weighting according to player populations while completely ignoring the level of player participation.

In my opinion only players that manually deploy troops within every 3-4 days should be counted as part of their faction's numbers in order to reduce the impact of a faction being lumbered with dead weight. Let the players who want to contribute and are genuinley involved in the Faction War actually matter, otherwise it's not fair to be essentially sabotaged by those who either aren't interested in the FW part of the game or who cannot log in enough times to contribute. Let everyone get the rewards at the end if that's an issue but at least let the active and interested players lead their faction to victory. Free them from having to be pulled down by people who aren't contributing and are just reducing the effectiveness of assets and sabotaging the efforts of the players who still give a damn.

Smuggler007
01-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Nice post @Vakris_One . I don't think the solution is to have the devs design a system that dismisses the war assets of casual players in favor of the dedicated ones. They already have a system in place that favors those who play PvP mode only. The difference between now and then are the hours that make up a 'battle' aka 'turn'. Moreover, the new threshold to introduce bots 3's across the board affected the results for campaign 1 and 2. Those 'casuals' left the scene. In a way we got a glimpse how their absence impacted the deployment of war assets. No surprise to me really. And when they decided to reset those markers with PvAi prior to the Frost Wind Festival, those 'casuals' returned with fervor and once again we saw the Knights and Samurais go head to head while the Vikings were too busy enjoying your women after winning the first two campaigns. lol

Seriously, I've found the pattern over the rounds and campaigns to be amusing. If anything, my solution is to reward those dedicated players who have remained loyal to their faction from season to season. Such players deserve to earn more steel and xp no matter which mode they play. Perhaps that 'Loyalty' bonus is coming just like the much anticipated 'Dedicated Servers' we've been clamoring for.

Perhaps...

Skyline5128
01-10-2018, 06:00 PM
thank you rocketfish