PDA

View Full Version : Assasins Creed: Unity Ending Disappointment (spoilers)

Kaensehkmet
01-08-2018, 11:49 PM
I don't know how to do the hidden text spoiler thing so if you haven't finished Unity, stop reading NOW!

***space***

Okay, so I just finished the last memory and am rather disappointed the Assasin's didn't reconcile with Arno to bring him back into the brotherhood. He is kicked out in Memory 10 or so, but never comes back. No mention of it in his ending monologue. I walked back into the HQ hoping there would be a brief cut scene making him an official member again, but nothing. Would have been nice to have resolved this is some way. The kicking him out scene seems cheapened by no redemption of being welcomed back in. Would have been nice.

I still have a lot of exploration and side missions to do and enjoy the game a lot - just story wise, this would have been a better way to wrap it up I think.

naumaan
01-09-2018, 05:40 PM
the question is still there, is he still the member of assassins council .. or is he not an assassin any more but a templar ...

cawatrooper9
01-09-2018, 09:05 PM
Have you played the Dead Kings DLC?

Kaensehkmet
01-10-2018, 04:38 PM
No, I haven't played any of the add on stuff yet. I still have a ton of side stuff I haven't finished in Unity yet so having fun doing that. I'll have to check that out.

Kaensehkmet
01-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Actually not seeing a DLC called "Dead Kings" - is it called something else?

cawatrooper9
01-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Actually not seeing a DLC called "Dead Kings" - is it called something else?

Nope, it's definitely Dead Kings (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Kings). You can check the link for more info.

Just be wary of spoilers in it!
:D

Kaensehkmet
01-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Weird. It does not show in the shop tab on the uplay window. Thanks for the link!

Actually, not seeing it available to purchase at all - http://store.ubi.com/us/dlc/assassins-creed/assassins-creed-unity/ Discontinued perhaps??

cawatrooper9
01-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Hmm...

I know that at release, it was free for all users, so it may not be on the store. There are instructions here (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000022244/Assassin-s-Creed-Unity-Dead-Kings-DLC)for how to download it on PC.

I'm more of a console player, so if that doesn't work I'd suggest opening up a support case (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/New).

Good luck!

Kaensehkmet
01-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Ooh nevermind. It's already installed! DOH! That's what that "Your additional content is ready..." message that kept popping up when I started the game meant lol

I'm playing it now. Thanks :)

joelsantos24
01-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Weird. It does not show in the shop tab on the uplay window. Thanks for the link!

Actually, not seeing it available to purchase at all - http://store.ubi.com/us/dlc/assassins-creed/assassins-creed-unity/ Discontinued perhaps??
No, it wasn't discontinued. What everyone realised at the time, was that Unity's release had been rushed, with many errors and glitches still plaguing the game build. Some people had a near immaculate installation, myself included, but the majority, I assume, had some very bad issues. Even game-breaking glitches. After all the controversy that naturally followed, Ubisoft decided to cancel the Season Pass and just offer it for free to every player (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138805-Assassins-Creed-Unitys-Season-Pass-Cancelled).

If your copy of the game is digital, I assume Dead Kings is already part of it!? The Franciade access icon is at the Café Théatre. It's the actual chariot by the door (It's the "F" you can see in the map).

http://static.gosunoob.com/img/1/2015/01/AC_Unity_Where_to_Start_Dead_Kings_DLC_4.jpg

Chevanass
01-12-2018, 05:03 PM
I don't know how to do the hidden text spoiler thing so if you haven't finished Unity, stop reading NOW!

***space*

Okay, so I just finished the last memory and am rather disappointed the Assasin's didn't reconcile with Arno to bring him back into the brotherhood. He is kicked out in Memory 10 or so, but never comes back. No mention of it in his ending monologue. I walked back into the HQ hoping there would be a brief cut scene making him an official member again, but nothing. Would have been nice to have resolved this is some way. The kicking him out scene seems cheapened by no redemption of being welcomed back in. Would have been nice.

I still have a lot of exploration and side missions to do and enjoy the game a lot - just story wise, this would have been a better way to wrap it up I think.

In the 1794 Arno rejoined the brotherhood and after he became a Master Assassin.

Kaensehkmet
01-12-2018, 11:29 PM
I found the dead kings content unfortunately, I will never be able to complete it. I cannot do the puzzle part in memory 3 raise the dead where you have to step on the 4 discs in order. I've been trying for 6 hours now and it just doesn't give enough time for those of use who are not coordinated to activate all 4 of them. In the PC version you have to step on a specific part of each disc so the E activation thing pops up. By the time I find that spot on the 2nd one and hit E, the first one is already off so I have to start over again. I barely got 3 of them a couple of times, cannot get all 4. :( I am just not good at hitting certain points within a time limit - been stuck on a part of tomb raider on my xbox for at least 5 years because of this same kind of thing. Plus the angle of the camera is so screwy, I cannot see the path to get to them. I jumped off the cliff like 5 times trying :( Unless someone knows of a cheat code to bypass this thing, I'm stuck permanently at it. Pity as I was enjoying the storyline of this.

Kaensehkmet
01-13-2018, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I won't be able to finish dead kings - so glad that stupid puzzle was not part of the main game of unity or I never would have finished it :( Going to do the side stuff in dead kings and then just go back to the main game.

Xeretrax
01-14-2018, 04:33 AM
I remember that puzzle, played the whole thing 2 times after all.
It is quite nasty yes.
Especially with a broken camera.

But just keep calm and try it repeatedly eventually your ... short term memory will kick in so to say .... and you know exactly what to do to get to x the fastest way. Some movement steps are very confusing, but you will adjust to it quick enough IMO.

Kaensehkmet
01-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Unfortunately, anything in a game that requires precise movement and time limits I just cannot do - I do not have the eye/hand coordination. I've tried repeatedly on various games both PC and Xbox and never get past them. I quit the mission and am doing the other stuff without the memory mission.

cawatrooper9
01-16-2018, 04:07 PM
Sorry to hear that! Is there someone you know who could help you get past that part?

Kaensehkmet
01-16-2018, 08:16 PM
Nope, it's just me around here. Not a big deal - I can see the story bits on youtube walk thrus. And I still love the rest of the game :)