PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 Bots: What's Next For Them?

GeneraISoIo
01-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Hey all, I know the subject has been brought up in here a lot, but I want to know everyone feelings on:

1. How the Level 3 Bots were implemented.

2. How the Level 3 bots are currently setup aka the current state of level 3 bots spawning(skill level)

3. How the Level 3 Bots should change. (Change as in how they spawn or added to the game, not how they fight.)

1. For me, the implementation was a nightmare. They added the level 3 bots at the launch of season 4. I was happy to see level 3 bots in the wild, but they were forced down my throat and I was unable to have a good learning experience with the Aramusha as a result. Again, I was pissed that they forced the difficulty on me, but glad they were there.

2. I currently do not like the current setup. I probably like it less than others due to the fact that I don't play PvP. Meaning, when the reset the skill levels, I went back down to getting level 1 bots. I don't play PvP due to their horrific networking architecture and do not deal with DCs and player syncing. I did however play enough PvP to get my level 2 bots to play against. I'm are Rep 91 now, and I want level 3 bots to fight, but I can't get any because my skill level is too low due to the reset of skill level and the fact that I don't play PvP. This really sucks, I have the ability to get level 3 bots for PvAi, but I can't because I have to play PvP. Anyone else see the issue here? I have to play a mode I don't want to, to see changes in a mode that I do play.

3. I have seen this ALL over the forums and its pretty sad that the devs have not made it a reality, but we want the ability to choose the difficulty of the bots. I know the player base might not be able to support this, but I really could care less about player base now. I have been playing against bots for months now. I say they should allow players to play the way they want instead of trying to save PvP. I say let us choose the level of bots, AT LEAST with matchmaking off. I would also suggest they make the rewards the same, but I doubt that will ever happen. I love this game, I WANT to play it more, but I was done playing level 2 bots a long time ago, and had a hope that level 3 bots would happen. They did, just not to me. I cant get level 3 bots now cause you got to play in PvP and PvP is where the networking is garbage, so there is my dilemma. I hope to hear some good news, meaning they will make more changes to the bots, but it seems like they are happy with restricting level 3 bots to only people who play a lot of PvP, which doesnt make any F@#$ing sense, since I play nothing but bots and want harder ones, but cant get them. In the famous words of Drumph, "Sad."

iiRAINBOW_DASH
01-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Level 3 Aramusha is a world boss. Nuff said.

UbiInsulin
01-08-2018, 11:23 PM
We've definitely let the team know that players have requested AI difficulty selection. I don't have an update on that possibility at this time, but I can totally understand the desire for that feature.

bob333e
01-09-2018, 01:10 AM
I'll copy-paste here what I wrote in another thread yesterday:

The topic of level 3 bots has been brought up numerous times. A lot of people like them, and a lot more people dislike them.

Thing is, if you got a level 3 enemy bot in place of a ragequitting/DCing enemy player in PvP, it's a fair trade, to keep the challenge going and not turn the enemy team into an easy steamroll. Also note that level 3 bots only show based on overall player renown and K/D, and it's still a low spawn rate even if you are rep80 and with a 2.0 K/D.

Similarly, if level 3 bots replaced one of your teammates who ragequitted/DCed, it's a fair trade so that you do not become sitting ducks for the human enemy team.

Now what they need to change about level 3 bots is this:

- in PvP, increase reward for human players who defeat/win the round against enemy level 3 bots, proportional to the number of level 3 bots present on the enemy team (rewards remain unchanged if you get level 3 bot teammates against a full-player team).

- in PvP, level 3 bot spawn rate and percentage should be based on the predominant character reputation bracket, rather than on overall player renown and K/Ds. That is, if you have for example a Dominion with a rep29 Kensei player, a rep38 Raider player, three rep7 Nobushi players, three rep4 Shinobi players and one unrepped player, the majority here are within the 'secondary' character reputation bracket (rep4-rep20), hence level 2 bots should spawn in place of any leaving/DCing player. If on the other hand you have a rep40 Raider player, three rep33 Orochi players, two rep16 Warden players, and three rep27 Kensei players, the majority here are within the 'primary' character reputation bracket (rep25+), hence level 3 bots should spawn in place of any leaving/DCing player.

- in PvAI, if matchmaking is set to ON, the above rules apply: if players of character reputations at rep25+ connected to then DCed from your session, level 3 bots will spawn in their places. And your rewards are increased if you defeat/win the match against level 3 bots, proportional to the number of level 3 bots present on the enemy team (rewards remain unchanged if you get level 3 bot teammates against a full-player team). If the bigger amount of players who connected to then DCed from your session have character reputations rep20 and below, you get level 2 bots in their places. And the default bots who start the match with you if there is no one to be found, are level 2 bots if your character is rep4 and higher, and level 1 if your character is below rep4.

- in PvAI, if matchmaking is set to OFF, and excluding Duel, you should have the freedom to choose bot difficulty in 'Parameters', and your rewards will vary on whether you fought level 1, 2 or 3 bots.

- in PvAI Duel, bot level will vary according to the reputation bracket of your chosen character. Rewards remain the same regardless.

vgrimr_J
01-10-2018, 04:16 PM
im currently rep 120 and after they changed the spawn rate of lvl 3 bots i haven't seen them since. at higher level 4v4s lvl 3s are a must if someone quits.

David_gorda
01-10-2018, 04:35 PM
im currently rep 120 and after they changed the spawn rate of lvl 3 bots i haven't seen them since. at higher level 4v4s lvl 3s are a must if someone quits. i Always play against lvl 3 bots if someone quits, most Of them are easy, just turtle against them.