PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Ideas for a new gameworld setting...

ExiledDuck
01-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Hiya...

I'm sure there is a thread where this is already being discussed, so please forgive my newness :)

I was hoping to have a discussion and just throw some ideas out as to where the next world/time setting for AC should go after the events/timeline of Origins.
I had always thought that ancient Minoan or Pheonecian civilization would be fun. Also a favorite fit for me with this series would have been Greece's Golden Age... Possibly a storyline involving Alexander the Great. But if classic Egypt is the start (IE Alexandria, Rome, Cleopatra etc) What would be a great next point to jump in?

Maybe given the general geography of the game's mainline story Charles Martel vs the Muslim expansion into Spain/France? Maybe Charlemaign's reign of unification and enlightenment? What about Boudicea from ancient england and her struggles against Rome? Or heck even after something like those go to the Norman/Saxon conflict in 1066 as a direct precursor to AC1?

Just some random thoughts to throw out there to see what other ideas may be. :)
I've always loved the series, especially for its wonderfull historic backgrounds, and would love some feedback from the rest of the AC community.
Thanks for reading and replies in advance!

gh0st--d0wn
01-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Early dark ages Europe or medieval Europe (France, Germany, Britain). I need settings I can relate to as a European.

heffebc
01-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Incan Empire, Mongolian Empire, Zulu, Australia, New Zealand, Hawaiii......

Siegfriedfr
01-08-2018, 11:27 PM
Mycenian eastern europe / Aegean & Black sea During the homeric age (-1300)Notable Cities : Mycene, Knossos, Troy
Middle east during the rise and fall of Darius I (-550/-486) Notable cities : Babylon
Mauryan india during Ashoka's reign (-260)
2nd punic war / western mediterranean sea (-210)Notable cities : Carthago, Syracuse
Viking era scandinavia & denmark (800-1100)
Aztec empire "Apocalypto" Era (1500)
Thirthy year's war rhineland (1610-1648)
Maratha Empire in the 17th century (1674)
or during the third british-marathan war (1817)

In blue, the more sea-themed settings.

These are settings that would be rich in events and characters, and places we've never been to with memorable cities to visit.

I don't think we will see Rome and Paris again, so not listing Roman empire stuff or the very lively french history. I do hope they somehow remake the french revolution until the rise of Bonaparte someday, as a much grander setpiece with no bugs open world ala witcher 3 etc. One can dream...

Megas_Doux
01-09-2018, 01:31 PM
"Medieval" China, Ming China, China during the Opium Wars or even as late as the Boxer Rebellion...It can be said I like China as a setting :p

Medieval Europe in the likes of the Baron's Wars or something. Unity's prologue is my favorite AC thing ever.

And my wet, yet impossible, dream of mesopotamia.