PDA

View Full Version : Block not working as intended

MrMeow-
01-07-2018, 11:08 AM
For 3 seasons now blocking has made no sense to me, I block in the direction of the attack and still receive a hit. A lot of the time I even see and hear the blocking sound and yet I take damage. I watch people play this game and they never seem to have this issue it's almost like they're playing a completely different game to me.

Now what I need to figure out is if it's a connection problem, A controller problem or a general game problem. I currently play on PC with a mouse and keyboard. I have tried everything in my own power to fix this with port forwarding, changes in sensitivity even down to a full windows reinstall and I still run in to this problem on a daily basis. It's not fun and it completely ruins the game for me.

Any suggestions would be great.

Eyyupyeser95
01-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Its lag and timesnap removal it should be fixed with dedicated servers here is an example.
On your screen you have your block up but if you play with someone on the other side of the world they may see it later and so the game screwes you over and you still get hit

MrMeow-
01-07-2018, 01:32 PM
I'd much prefer them to just add the servers instead of doing different test server runs here and there because currently IMO the game is unplayable in it's current state.

Ubi-Boat
01-07-2018, 07:59 PM
I'd much prefer them to just add the servers instead of doing different test server runs here and there because currently IMO the game is unplayable in it's current state.

Hello Darth_Meow-!

The team wanted to do a dedicated server test to see what needs some polishing and work to make sure they are running smoothly at the official launch. The dedicated servers will be coming and I hope you thoroughly enjoy them when they are here. I will forward any further information on the dedicated servers as soon as I receive it.

Also, I have to say that your name/avatar really tickled me. Thank you for that.

Mia.Nora
01-07-2018, 11:17 PM
Hello Darth_Meow-!

The team wanted to do a dedicated server test to see what needs some polishing and work to make sure they are running smoothly at the official launch. The dedicated servers will be coming and I hope you thoroughly enjoy them when they are here. I will forward any further information on the dedicated servers as soon as I receive it.

Also, I have to say that your name/avatar really tickled me. Thank you for that.

Dude the game OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED 10 months ago!!

By the way you guys explained why P2P was chosen with the exact same words back then "to make sure game runs smoothly at the official launch.".

The irony.

MrMeow-
01-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Hello Darth_Meow-!

Yes but in the mean time we have to put up with constant disconnects, multiple desync problems per round, People clearly abusing their connection to get the advantage.

It's taken too long to get to this point to just "Test" things, I'm a very patient man but this has pushed me over the edge with these issues.

Fairemont
01-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Dude the game OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED 10 months ago!!

By the way you guys explained why P2P was chosen with the exact same words back then "to make sure game runs smoothly at the official launch.".

The irony.

Pretty sure they are referring to launch of the servers.

Aside from that, their P2P had some of the better or even best netcode around and should have been fine. If I am not mistaken, some things got changed and it went downhill from there.

Tundra 793
01-09-2018, 10:12 PM

Aside from that, their P2P had some of the better or even best netcode around and should have been fine. If I am not mistaken, some things got changed and it went downhill from there.

All the stories I've heard, dating from the Alpha to the Open Beta, had players and early testers saying these issues have always been there. Personally I've seen people complain about the system since the open Beta, and day 1 of the game.
If there was ever a time where For Honor's P2P system worked as intended, I haven't seen or heard about it.

Mia.Nora
01-09-2018, 11:52 PM

As Tundra said, there never was a time P2P worked ok in anything more than 2v2. At any phase of 4v4 it was horrible during Alpha and Betas where Ubisoft said those issues would be fixed by official release.

Also in terms of official release for servers, we are playing a game that has been officially released 10 months ago, where ranked tournament released in beta state with tons of bugs and still in beta, and same for ranked 4v4. They clearly are not big on releasing something correct the first time as a policy so I am not buying their excuse. And the test for servers, while not perfect was WAAAAY better than the current state of P2P.

The way I see it the only reason why servers are still not in, is to use them as a PR stunt for season 5 / year 2. No other reason.

MrMeow-
01-15-2018, 11:15 AM
So any update on the fix for this problem? Game is currently unplayable with blocking being as broken as it is.

Klingentaenz3r
01-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Well, since dedicated servers will probably take some more time, how about a few more details so people can actually get a better picture of your situation.

What hero do you play? I assume you play an Assassin however which one could be interesting since their block activation and expire times are somewhat different (at least the last one) from each other.
How is it with heroes that have a normal always active guard?
What NAT-Type do you currently have?
If you have no green NAT-Type what ports did you forward?
What internet connection do you have?
WiFi or LAN?
How many people use this connection with you?
Did you compare your blocking capabilities with a controller?
Did you record your blocking attempts? Maybe with your mouse you often tend to flick a little and hence change guards?
Where are you from and with what kind of people do you get mixed up with? Perhaps this is a region thingy wheras you get distributed to an unpreferable region (read about it a lot in the more eastern areas)

No0b.Nr.1
01-15-2018, 09:24 PM
If u r about to parry a attack ( light attack ) and even u have the right direction , u wil get hit, it look like the attack brok down ur defens, but its becaus of parry. Just use mouse without pressing mouse2 or 1, then u will see u will have ur block. I have my hard time with that becaus i try to parry like everything even light attacks from valkur or shinobi or serker, and if u r a little late , u get hit !