PDA

View Full Version : How an ultimate pirate experience should be...

exquemeling
01-06-2018, 02:48 AM
I loved Black Flag - its the closest a game has come to the ultimate pirate experience on console.

Skull & Bones looks like its just the naval combat bit of AC4 and not much else - so if anything, FURTHER from the ultimate pirate experience...in fact its not even a full game, given that AC4 did it along with LOTS of other piratical shenanigans.

As for it being online PvP only - no thanks

Gutted

Can somebody at Ubisoft get hold of a copy of Empire of Blue Water by Stephan Talty (https://www.amazon.com/Empire-Blue-W...+of+blue+water) and give it a read?

One of the BEST books on piracy, the biography of one of the GREATEST pirates and check out his adventure on land and at sea to get an idea of what the ULTIMATE pirate experience looks like

A game based on Morgan's exploits would be INCREDIBLE!

Take Skull & Bones and put it on a separate multiplayer disc like you did with Black Flag and have the game itself follow Morgan's career from the invasion of Jamaica in 1655 to his death in 1688

Its not too late to get this right...

Tactical-Raven
01-06-2018, 03:30 AM
You are super imposing your own game upon their game. While it is admirable to want a historically accurate game in reality it is unlikely to achieve such a request to a game that has been in development at least since 2016 to change the entire premise of a game in Q1 when a release is slated for Q3 is a downright insane request. Entire assets, locations and characters would have to be modeled, voiced, animated, painted, the game engine would have to be completely reworked to allow for new features and old sections of the game would have to be scrapped resulting in a bogged down performance nightmare rather than building a new game from the ground up. I applaud your attempts but I hate to say they are in vain perhaps you could look at learning game design if your that passionate about seeing the game you want come to fruition.

del190830110037552
01-06-2018, 10:33 AM
You are super imposing your own game upon their game. While it is admirable to want a historically accurate game in reality it is unlikely to achieve such a request to a game that has been in development at least since 2016 to change the entire premise of a game in Q1 when a release is slated for Q3 is a downright insane request. Entire assets, locations and characters would have to be modeled, voiced, animated, painted, the game engine would have to be completely reworked to allow for new features and old sections of the game would have to be scrapped resulting in a bogged down performance nightmare rather than building a new game from the ground up. I applaud your attempts but I hate to say they are in vain perhaps you could look at learning game design if your that passionate about seeing the game you want come to fruition.

didnt they say they started working on skull and bones since BLACK FLAG came out? which was like around 2013?

Stainless001
01-06-2018, 02:39 PM
Yeah usually Ubi games have a 4 year development cycle. Ghost Recon Wildlands was 4 years, most of them are 4 years, which means any drastic changes to the game would be unlikely at this point.

Tactical-Raven
01-06-2018, 05:09 PM
That's why I said "at least" I didn't know how long in development it had been in.