PDA

View Full Version : trying both sound dll's?

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 03:00 PM
I understand their are two sound files to try out with the new patch. But how exactly do you switch between them? All of done so far was install the rc-1 file then the second.

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 03:00 PM
I understand their are two sound files to try out with the new patch. But how exactly do you switch between them? All of done so far was install the rc-1 file then the second.

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 04:26 PM
The two sound files in RC_02 are:

mg_snd.dll
mg_snd_.dll

When FB runs, it only uses the sound file mg_snd.dll. I have changed the original (mg_snd.dll renamed mg_snd_org.dll) and am using the alternate. (mg_snd_.dll renamed mg_snd.dll)

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 06:16 PM
which one do you think sounds better?

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 04:53 AM
LudenWulf wrote:
- which one do you think sounds better?
-
-

I believe the latter one sounds better.

This morning I read what Steve V wrote above and I did not understand it (it was early, pre-caffeine early).

A bit later the game wouldn't start because I had not renamed the alternate .dll so that the game would recognize it and thus not load. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

At was at this time (eager to try out the P-51) that Steve's post became crystal clear. I re-named the file and all was well. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Thanks, Steve, you rolled in like the Cav. and now everything is groovy. God I love this game.

Salute!

Robert

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 05:16 AM
RobertNighthawk wrote:
- God I love this game.

Me too. Not only do you get a free planes, but an alternate sound engine from the developer asking for your input. Oleg has been posting again in the RR and the tone there is positive./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Steve

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Great sound and very cool planes. What a great gift.

I feel the same way about this board because it has increased my knowledge and enjoyment of the sim. Thanks, again.

In other words, I bet this game sells a lot of hardware because IT ROCKS! :?D

So my letter begins, "Dear Santa, I realize that I am 45 years old but...." /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif