PDA

View Full Version : Is the Vikings mask outfit gonna get a re-work?

WastedPunk
01-04-2018, 07:20 PM
The title says it all.
As a rep 6 Highlander,I still don't have an outfit for him and wanted to get one but considering the fact that Samurais and Knights's mask outfit are some of the if not the best in the game,why are the vikings outfit so terrible?
I main Highlander because of his looks and voicelines (as stupid as it sounds) and want a badass mythic outfit to compliment his overall look and was wondering if I should wait to see if it will get a re-work or not.

It almost seems as if the art team responsible for the Viking outfit were being paid less than minimum wage or were forced to come up with something at the last minute.

Knights get a badass looking eagle like creature and wings,Samurais get a badass dragon,Vikings get.......a buffalo....on top of that during the execution it appears at a random spot in the air rather than on their face,which is extremely awkward and out of place.

iiRAINBOW_DASH
01-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Yes.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1812565-Devs-made-no-effort-in-creating-Vikings-Mask-Outfits/page3

FredEx919
01-04-2018, 08:00 PM
The team is working on the Viking mask, but there aren't many details beyond that. Once we have something, we'll get the info out to everyone.

Vakris_One
01-04-2018, 09:13 PM
My money's on it being an armadillo!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/864996527583907840/-M1895KR.jpg

ChampionRuby50g
01-04-2018, 09:20 PM
My money's on it being an armadillo!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/864996527583907840/-M1895KR.jpg

Personally Iím hoping for a galah 😉
https://goo.gl/images/AtM8Ps

Vakris_One
01-04-2018, 09:27 PM
Personally Iím hoping for a galah 😉
https://goo.gl/images/AtM8Ps
If they're going for bird themes a Toucan would also be acceptable:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=toucan&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiB0Nnqkb_YAhWmAcAKHa7PD7YQ_AUIESgB&biw=1280&bih=800#imgrc=hZ2aBR-H-ab4uM:

Nothing says "winter" quite like a Toucan 😃

GeneraISoIo
01-05-2018, 03:52 PM
I was hoping to get the re-work at least at the end of this week maybe next, but any longer than that, I'm good. I have been saving steel for the rework, but I have just lost interest in it now. I was going to get it for my Highlander, but the free outfit/effects are enough. I saved the steel in hopes it would be soon for the re-work, but with Ubi's response above, I see that is not the case. I will be spending that steel on other things now and will not buy the mask at all, in spite. They need to work harder to make these outfits or anything that goes across factions more consistent, not more love to one faction or less love to a faction than others. This should be a good example and lesson to For Honor, that these things need to be taken more seriously during the design phase. The season 2 rewards for Samurai were much less "cool" than season 1 and due to that, the Samurai faction has really declined in participation in the faction war. To sum it up, they need to make sure that designs are more consistent across faction's. If I work my butt off to get a reward equal to what I saw as a reward before, I should get said reward equal in value or "coolness". If not, you get less motivation to participate in things that give said reward. This does not apply only to season rewards but event masks as well. This time we had a lot of steel given to us, but if I saved up 15000 steel, aka hard work, then I expect something worth it, and if I see something of same cost that is "cooler", of coarse I am going to suggest consistency when I just worked my butt off to get something I don't even want.

Tundra 793
01-05-2018, 04:05 PM
The team is working on the Viking mask, but there aren't many details beyond that. Once we have something, we'll get the info out to everyone.

Thanks for reaffirming it Fred.

Hopefully the rework will be more thematically appropriate. It's not just that the Vikings got "Buffalo", an animal largely native to, and most often associated with the arid plains of the Old West, it's also that the mask wasn't even an actual buffalo, it was a Vikings frozen face, that pastes onto your vikings actual face.

I hope we get a polar bear. Or arctic fox. A fluffy seal cub would be better than this "buffalo".

Also Fred, will the rework automatically replace the current mask for people who own it? Or do we need to get a refund to buy the new one?

zcubed
01-05-2018, 05:05 PM
While I guess many people are complaining about it (hence the rework), I actually enjoy the simple design of the Ice Buffalo. I want to see it stay as an effect, but yeah it definitely is not worth 20000 steel.

GeneraISoIo
01-05-2018, 05:49 PM
While I guess many people are complaining about it (hence the rework), I actually enjoy the simple design of the Ice Buffalo. I want to see it stay as an effect, but yeah it definitely is not worth 20000 steel.

I agree, it is not down right terrible, but yes, at 15000/20000 steel and compared to the other masks for this event, it is not worth it. I could see it as a fair Elite outfit for 7000 steel but elites don't have effects so it would have to be a mythic, and I personally don't think it is worth 15000 steel, hence the rework, and why I have not purchased it. He doesn't wear the mask during executions, and the masks spawns above the victim. I actually saw someone with this mask, and when they did an execution next to a wall, you couldn't even see the mask over the victim since it was inside of said wall. The hero performing the execution gets no effects at all, while the victim gets all of the effects. It was clear from the beginning, the reveal, that the viking mask was not up to par. I saw the twitch feed light up with "Viking Mask is trash". That was when it was first released and everyone knew it was lacking. They didn't even show the masks execution during the launch trailer either, which they did for both the Knights and the Samurai, very clearly, showing they may have recognized it was lacking before they even revealed it. It was in the trailer, but only showed the mask on the hero during a emote effect.

GeneraISoIo
01-05-2018, 06:28 PM

FredEx919, could you also let us know if it is going to be full 20000 or if they will allow for the discount price of 15000 when you know something? I was not going to buy the original for 15000 without seeing the reworked version first. Yes, spend this steel on something you don't want for something you MIGHT want. I wasn't going to do that.