PDA

View Full Version : Sudden set-up/start issue

TheCrux
05-17-2004, 02:09 AM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I went to fly my original IL-2 ( Version 1.02 ) and I get a Ubi setup pop-up stating it can't run because of a problem with windows ( XP ) and that "some files have been erased". Everything else but IL-2 appears to operate normally. Tried CFS 1/2 to see if it was video-related and they worked OK.

What gives?

Thanks.

TheCrux
05-17-2004, 02:09 AM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

I went to fly my original IL-2 ( Version 1.02 ) and I get a Ubi setup pop-up stating it can't run because of a problem with windows ( XP ) and that "some files have been erased". Everything else but IL-2 appears to operate normally. Tried CFS 1/2 to see if it was video-related and they worked OK.

What gives?

Thanks.

Boogie_31stFG
05-17-2004, 04:53 AM
Hi, when you say you tryed to play the original IL2, did you mean that at one point you HAD FB or AEP installed? If so, try uninstalling the game again and go into your program files folder and delete the UBI SOFT folder. Then re-install and try again. Either that or install it into a different folder than the default..Good luck

TheCrux
05-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Right now I only have the original ( installed and playing for 9 months ). I meant that when I went to start the game to play ( the disc was already installed ) a pop-up came up stating the program can't be run, stating that hardware and software was fine, but that the problem was the windows system.

steve_v
05-17-2004, 01:27 PM
TheCrux

You have said two different things in each of your posts.
Either there is a xp failure or an il2 failure and the message should tell which. For example, in your first post you say:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I get a Ubi setup pop-up stating it can't run because of a problem with windows ( XP ) and that "some files have been erased". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This can be something as simple as deleting the tracts that come with il-2. That would cause a failure to start. Any further specific information you could provide would be helpful.

TheCrux
05-17-2004, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheCrux:
Right now I only have the original ( installed and playing for 9 months ). I meant that when I went to start the game to play ( the disc was already installed ) a pop-up came up stating the program can't be run, stating that hardware and software was fine, but that the problem was the windows system.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wish I could be more specific, but here is the actual message as it appears after double-clicking the IL-2 shortcut on desktop to start the game:

------"The currently installed configuration ( Full ) can not run your system. The following components fail

Software:
[ none ]

Hardware
[ none ]

Sytem:
-Windows system

Some files have been erased"------------

Then there's an "OK" button to click.

When referring to deleting tracts that come with IL-2, do you mean the saved video tracks? One thing that I have done the last time I flew was to save a couple of missions, while deleting one of the video tracks that came with the game ( to make more room and unclutter the saved tracks menu ).

If you could clarify, that would be great.

BTW, tried to do a system restore to a week ago but it just seems to hang there and do nothing after 2 hours without auto powerdown the way it should.

Thanks

[This message was edited by TheCrux on Mon May 17 2004 at 03:23 PM.]

steve_v
05-17-2004, 07:33 PM
There is a folder in your il2 directory named Records that contain the tracks that came with the sim. If you delete any of those, you get the error you're reporting. Others things will give the same error. Copy/paste the records folder from your installation disc and retest. If the problem is not resolved, then uninstall/reinstall.