PDA

View Full Version : Switched to Maining Kensai

LionHeart XXII
01-02-2018, 08:46 PM
So I used to Main Conq, and I mean, I played him for most of my time since the Alpha and got pretty good as him (REP 10). However, I definitely started to get bored so I played around with several different heroes, and finally settled on Kensai, and oh man...what a change.

First off, switching has just totally got me re interested in the game as a whole. I've played so much more since picking up the new character.

Secondly, The Kensai is sooo different from the Conq. Its been like playing a new game. Plus, I feel like I've learned so much more about the game, just because there is so much more involved in playing Kensai compared to the simplistic move set of the Conqueror. Feints, dashes, grabs are all super important to playing the Kensai whereas with the Conqeror you pretty much just gotta block and counter attack. Also, The Kensai is not a Top Tier character so its pretty challenging do well as him, although, honestly, I feel like I've been doing really well as him.

And Thirdly, I feel like I've just gotten so much better at the game. There were times when I was playing as the Conqueror I was defeated before the fight even began just because of bad match ups. However, because of all the new moves required from the Kensai I mentioned earlier, I just feel way more confident, and truly feel I have a good chance against any character match up...even the Shaman.

Anyways, just wanted to share some positivity and officially declare my new main.

bob333e
01-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Cool beans. I'm a Warden main, reached rep18 now on Warden (and counting, aha). I've officially made my Berserker as my secondary a short while earlier, as I started exploring different heroes other than Warden. I absolutely love the Berserker.

I share your enthusiasm in trying out different heroes. However I'm still a bit worried, concerning the reworks. Conqueror, Kensei and Berserker have been announced to receiving reworks currently, so here's crossing fingers they'll become even better, not downgraded.

Okita_Soji..
01-02-2018, 09:52 PM
I too am concerned with what changes are being made to the Kensei as he is my second at lvl 14. I actually do a lot better using him than my main, but isn't as fun with his limited move set.

Vakris_One
01-02-2018, 11:14 PM
Cool, welcome to the Kensei club. Whenever you see another Kensei you must now do the secret handshake :)

Coming from the Conq I can see why you'd be happy to have slightly more aggressive options to your kit. The Kensei can be quite a fun counter attacker when played against super aggressive players due to his dodge strikes chaining into his mixup mind games - unfortunately that's also pretty much the only way you will be getting into his mixup game. On the bright side though the Kensei is actually well suited towards fighting against the more aggressive playstyles of the newer DLC characters such as Gladiator, Shaman and Aramusha.

You will need to be very patient and against turtles but you'll have good training in patience coming from Conq. Hopefully the rework gives Kensei more options and variety without removing anything.

nufrancis
01-03-2018, 03:17 AM
@Sylynce

Welcome to the Kensei Fans Club.

I also Kensei Main Rep 12.

Feel free to ask for tips n trick.

The biggest challenge will be on tournament because you will definitely fight High Skilled Player there and you will see Kensei's limitation and why he is not considered as top tier hero.

But in the end enjoy using him mate. Out of my 6 main my progression is highest with him 60% overall for all modes.

Bl0wH4rd74728
01-03-2018, 03:22 AM
Vakris_One is moast definitely correct sometimes i get too aggressive with my pk against a kensei and he kicks my a** anyway i really enjoy fighting him so looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield 😉

NHLGoldenKnight
01-03-2018, 06:10 AM
Warden main here as well. Aren't you worried about Kensei/Berserker rework?

I also started playing as Kensei from time to time and he is simply better than Warden in almost every sense. Longer reach, higher damage, better moves and superrior fainting are some of the reasons why. And yes, side step attack which is main reason why every other swordsman in this game feels better than Warden, including Kensei.

Berserker is the strange one. On paper he is underdog but in actual fight, almost OP. I am yet to see Berserker player who doesn't have at least 5-6 takedowns per 1 death. They are fast, stupidly large stamina pool, superior fainting and hyperarmor. Did I mention damage they deal? Block or not, it doesn't matter. Berserker is the only hero who can kill me with 2-3 strikes which is ridiculous when we account for connectivity issues and lag.

To be honest, i am very worried about Kensei/Berserker rework. They both are very impressive the way they are right now, and adding extra moves without taking something away will make these two comparable to Shaman/Aramusha which is imo, wrong path for this game.

On the other hand, we Wardens have to turtle since we our hero is inferior in every way ( except for shoulder bash?) to any other heroe other than heavies. Supposedly elite swordsman buut only has 2 moves? Yup, buff Kensei and Berserker. I can't wait to be killed by 2 strikes.

PDXGorechild
01-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Well, you've gone from maining one of the worst classes in the game to maining one of the other worst classes in the game.

I feel your pain.

Stick with it though - an experienced Kensei scares me. I've seen evil looking Kensei top the scoreboard with style.

Props to players who choose the OG classes over the hordes of players still swarming to Aramusha and Shaman...

LionHeart XXII
01-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Thanks for all the replies and good lucks.

Yeah I get that Kensai is also not a top tier character, but I like using the Less Popular characters.

Also, I definitely need to keep practicing, I did a fight club last night and got totally destroyed, so you guys were right about fighting Higher Skilled players.

Again, Thanks for all the replies

Rye.Bread.
01-03-2018, 09:16 PM
I feel betrayed.
RAH