PDA

View Full Version : Spending more time searching a match than playing the game

Sintax.nolife
01-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Just bought the game and I am spending more time in que than playing the game. 30 mins in que to play 7 min a game...

Squ1dF4ce
01-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Are you on console? PC is where most the real players are at, most Xbone/PS guys have long since moved on to the next shiny thing.

Also its new years.

The_B0G_
01-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Loll pc has the smallest player base of all three.

Tundra 793
01-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Are you on console? PC is where most the real players are at, most Xbone/PS guys have long since moved on to the next shiny thing.

Yeah this is objectively wrong.

PS4 has the highest amount of users, followed by Xbox One. PC has the lowest, by a significant margin.

Also its new years.

This is true, expect people all over the world to be sleeping off their hangovers.

RealJayDee1984
01-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Completely off-topic, and sorry about it, but wow, I'm just profoundly amazed right now to find a locked topic about the spam that's plaguing the forums.

The forum admins are well aware of the problem.

I am closing this thread now.

Please don't create another on this subject.

So officially no more discussing or even mentioning the worst spam problem I've ever encountered in such a major forum? While the now locked thread addressing the spam is itself still surrounded by spam? :eek: :confused:

The_B0G_
01-02-2018, 12:56 AM
Completely off-topic, and sorry about it, but wow, I'm just profoundly amazed right now to find a locked topic about the spam that's plaguing the forums.

So officially no more discussing or even mentioning the worst spam problem I've ever encountered in such a major forum? While the now locked thread addressing the spam is itself still surrounded by spam? :eek: :confused:

Lol I seen that. The "thanks" didn't sound very genuine.

Tundra 793
01-02-2018, 01:02 AM

We can't create more threads about it, he didn't say anything about talking about it in other, completely unrelated threads.

I support your sentiment, and The_BoG's.

bob333e
01-02-2018, 03:53 AM
We can't create more threads about it, he didn't say anything about talking about it in other, completely unrelated threads.

I support your sentiment, and The_BoG's.

And I support yours and JayDee's and TheBoG's.

What's with AC Origins moderators hopping on here anyway? Ubi-Boat and that global mod came over from the AC Origins forums; and likely Ubi-Boat called the guy to come 'shut us up' on that thread, how else would that other guy have noticed the thread? At least he gave Candle some answers; 1 point to him lol.

I don't get why he closed the thread. Nothing in there warranted a lockdown. There was no flaming, no trolling. And Candle didn't even get to reply with 'thanks for the info' or something. Also, I didn't believe his words and the text he copy-pasted from other community representatives. Saying 'these spammers are people who can read so we can't just act right away because it affects our users'. It's complete BS.

My opinion? These forums are equipped with outdated antispam systems. Modern spamming methods can break through the defenses by using different algorithms. It's not just here, they have some spam on the AC Origins forum, I went there and checked shortly after the global mod closed the thread. And Ubisoft won't hire a team of professionals to overhaul the antispam system with entirely new programs that are equipped with the latest and most trendy filtering tech. Because Ubisoft doesn't want to invest too much money on these forums. And Ubisoft also wants to profit to a degree with some ad revenue whenever they get the chance. This puts the mods here at a greater work effort by having to manually moderate the forums and get rid of the spam. Which, they cannot clean right away; they must let them linger on for a short while before they delete them.

I hate and despise Ubisoft executives more and more with each passing day.

Tundra 793
01-02-2018, 11:05 AM
What's with AC Origins moderators hopping on here anyway? Ubi-Boat and that global mod came over from the AC Origins forums; and likely Ubi-Boat called the guy to come 'shut us up' on that thread, how else would that other guy have noticed the thread? At least he gave Candle some answers; 1 point to him lol.

I imagine most of the team's are still on break, so they're understaffed. I don't really ever visit the other Ubisoft forums here so i can't say for sure, but If they get less spam than us, they probably have an extra minute or two to spend cleaning up here.

I don't get why he closed the thread. Nothing in there warranted a lockdown. There was no flaming, no trolling. And Candle didn't even get to reply with 'thanks for the info' or something. Also, I didn't believe his words and the text he copy-pasted from other community representatives. Saying 'these spammers are people who can read so we can't just act right away because it affects our users'. It's complete BS.

Yeah that really shattered my confidence and trust in Ubisoft further. Every day, often multiple times a day, 2-4 pages of our forum is 90%+ spam. I refuse to just shut up and take it, when we've been dealing with it for a year.