PDA

View Full Version : A couple odd things ive noticed

SemperFortis201
12-31-2017, 07:28 AM
-I dont play zerk but my friends do and as raider/lb i outrun them. That doesnt seem right.
-When taking point b im constantly guardbreaking soldiers when im locked on to another player. Frustrating and its screwed me over multiple times.
-Earlier today i was in skirmish and was guardbroken by an allied shinobi 3 times during the same fight. He was being a normal 4v4 shinobi trying to sickle rain the pk i was fighting(i was between him and the pk). He didnt actually pull me but he did the pull animation, it turned me around and put me in the guardbroken arms back pose. Ive parried/been parried by allies but i have never seen this before. Has anyone else encountered this?
-Aside from the viking mask the content you guys pushed out for this event is amazing. Fingers crossed for a double xp weekend soon. You should make it monthly 😉

bob333e
12-31-2017, 05:11 PM
Fingers crossed for a double xp weekend soon. You should make it monthly ��

I agree. All orders should also refresh daily, both daily orders and contract orders. And there should be a bigger limit to contract orders on each refresh (like a dozen or so).

Additionally, we should get 1,000 Steel for each new reputation level gained.

And, they should start Double Steel weekends.

And, they should start revising Salvage use. Make Salvage actually useful. I've got ideas.

These would be a nice starting-level hotfix for this broken bottleneck of a RNG hellfest.

Tundra 793
12-31-2017, 05:33 PM
-I dont play zerk but my friends do and as raider/lb i outrun them. That doesnt seem right.

Zerker main here, you're quite right. It feels odd as an agile, lightly armored Assassin to get left behind by people twice my size. The Lawbringer looks like ****ing Usain Bolt with a cheetah on his *** compared to almost all other heroes.

-Aside from the viking mask the content you guys pushed out for this event is amazing. Fingers crossed for a double xp weekend soon. You should make it monthly

Love the idea. In general, I think we'd all just love more events. Free Play Weekends, XP boosts, more community orders. These things tie the game, and community together. Keeps it fresh and entertaining, even with the mundane Daily Orders.

And, they should start revising Salvage use. Make Salvage actually useful. I've got ideas.

Salvage needs to be used for literally anything else than just upgrades now. I'm way too close to half a million Salvage.
They could add a minigame that's just you flushing your salvage into a toilet, and I'd love it.

bob333e
12-31-2017, 05:42 PM
Zerker main here, you're quite right. It feels odd as an agile, lightly armored Assassin to get left behind by people twice my size. The Lawbringer looks like ****ing Usain Bolt with a cheetah on his *** compared to almost all other heroes.

Hahaha. I recently started playing Berserker more, and I'm loving her. Berserker goes wild with hyperarmored moves than can entrap your opponent and catch them offguard. The heavies combo so well. I love it. I think my secondary will be Zerker. Crossing fingers for the rework, hoping they won't mess Zerker up. Also on a note, female Zerker seems to have a less agile sprinting animation than the male's. It's more like a fast jogging with the female. Not a huge issue, but still worth mentioning.

Love the idea. In general, I think we'd all just love more events. Free Play Weekends, XP boosts, more community orders. These things tie the game, and community together. Keeps it fresh and entertaining, even with the mundane Daily Orders.

Yes and yes. More events, more user-friendly things, more escapade from this ruthless, unfair grinding system.

Salvage needs to be used for literally anything else than just upgrades now. I'm way too close to half a million Salvage. They could add a minigame that's just you flushing your salvage into a toilet, and I'd love it.

Ahah, bet you the plumbing will get stuck and you'll have to spend Steel on repairs... ;)

Speaking of Steel, I'd be humbled if you would check this thread out when you get the time, and tell me your thoughts on it. Personally, I'm starting to get fed up with the mobile F2P MMO model that's inherently ruining For Honor. It just has no place in For Honor.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1815314-Steel-Giveaway-at-Official-Servers-Launch-What-If-!

Tundra 793
12-31-2017, 05:50 PM
hoping they won't mess Zerker up.

They really can't make it worse. Zerker has been mediocre at best since launch. The Infinite Combo chain and hyper armor didn't kick in until 4 hits in at launch, whereas it only takes 2 hits now.
The reworks are definitely in the top 3 of things i look most forward in 2018.

Also on a note, female Zerker seems to have a less agile sprinting animation than the male's.

I've noticed this too. She runs more upright, with the axes held at an odd angle. Just looks off putting. I'd definitely like to see changes to this as well. I think the lady Raider has some running issues as well.
Then again, the Warlord's running animations bugs me too. He clenches his sword and shield to his chest, and when he runs it looks like he's caressing his man-boobs.

Ahah, bet you the plumbing will get stuck and you'll have to spend Steel on repairs...

Naturally, or you can buy the Faction specific themed Plunger for a measly 25000 Steel. Per character of course.

Speaking of Steel, I'd be humbled if you would check this thread out when you get the time, and tell me your thoughts on it. Personally, I'm starting to get fed up with the mobile F2P MMO model that's inherently ruining For Honor. It just has no place in For Honor.

Will do. I'll try to formulate a response before all the New Years beers kick in.

bob333e
12-31-2017, 06:03 PM
They really can't make it worse. Zerker has been mediocre at best since launch. The Infinite Combo chain and hyper armor didn't kick in until 4 hits in at launch, whereas it only takes 2 hits now.
The reworks are definitely in the top 3 of things i look most forward in 2018.

I only got the game Nov.2nd, but avoided every other character and solely focused on Warden; however I've been hearing telltales of OG heroes being so terribly compromised and left behind in the dark, and that Berserker and Conqueror mains were players with actual skill because these two heroes lacked terribly. It was only start of December that I started trying out other heroes; and around 10 days ago, I saw how delicious Zerker was. Totally different playstyle than Warden, and I actually love the aggressiveness. Warden has a bash from neutral, but Zerker can combo with hyperarmor and that's just as good. Also, the overhead OOS punish is so brutal. GB, throw on ground, light into heavy. It literally takes half the HP in one hit. So brutal. I love it.

I've noticed this too. She runs more upright, with the axes held at an odd angle. Just looks off putting. I'd definitely like to see changes to this as well. I think the lady Raider has some running issues as well.
Then again, the Warlord's running animations bugs me too. He clenches his sword and shield to his chest, and when he runs it looks like he's caressing his man-boobs.

I confirm; female Raider almost looks like she's playing a military tire-hopping game at extremely fast speed while sprinting, and Warlord looks so constipated and feels like a sprinting T-Rex; with the helmet crushing his nose, makes him look like he's gasping for air and about to throw up last night's meat and wine buffet.

Naturally, or you can buy the Faction specific themed Plunger for a measly 25000 Steel. Per character of course.

...and that changes dynamically based on which toilet parts you looted in the Great Flood event; unfortunately it won't include the Sewer Crawler emote, I heard it's gonna be 20,000 Steel and available only during 3 days.

Will do. I'll try to formulate a response before all the New Years beers kick in.

Ahah, thanks much! and before I get stunlocked into family new year wallsplat: Happy New Year dude. Best of wishes to you and family for an even happier and more prosperous year to come. See ya in 2018, crossing fingers for a huge betterment of this game.

Tundra 793
12-31-2017, 06:16 PM
and that Berserker and Conqueror mains were players with actual skill because these two heroes lacked terribly.

Can't leave out those brave Kensei's. Conq at least had a vortex for a bit, so they could experience winning.
But yeah, for a long time, players who mained these heroes had to be really good at them, just to overcompensate for how good all the other ones are. Especially the newer heroes like Shaman and Aramusha, which are basically just better versions of the Zerker.

Also, the overhead OOS punish is so brutal. GB, throw on ground, light into heavy. It literally takes half the HP in one hit. So brutal. I love it.

It's a bit inconsistent for me, so I can't actually promise it's still in game, but it seems that on some heroes, if you throw them down while they're OOS, you can do a side heavy, into the top heavy finisher. I think it's around 96 damage in 2 hits.

Warlord looks so constipated and feels like a sprinting T-Rex; with the helmet crushing his nose, makes him look like he's gasping for air and about to throw up last night's meat and wine buffet

Vivid and accurate metaphor. A lot of the heroes could probably do with a look-over at their animations.

...and that changes dynamically based on which toilet parts you looted in the Great Flood event; unfortunately it won't include the Sewer Crawler emote, I heard it's gonna be 20,000 Steel and available only during 3 days.

Followed by the Golden Shower event with a nice bath emote, to clean off the filth. Apparently it's gonna be all your Steel, and it'll be available when Chad from the office remembers to turn on the computer.

Ahah, thanks much! and before I get stunlocked into family new year wallsplat: Happy New Year dude. Best of wishes to you and family for an even happier and more prosperous year to come. See ya in 2018, crossing fingers for a huge betterment of this game.

Merry New years dude, best wishes to you and yours as well!
Much like US politics, surely 2018 can't get any worse for For Honor either.

PS; Wrote up a reply to your thread already. Not much to say when you've already said it perfectly.

bob333e
12-31-2017, 06:42 PM
Can't leave out those brave Kensei's. Conq at least had a vortex for a bit, so they could experience winning.
But yeah, for a long time, players who mained these heroes had to be really good at them, just to overcompensate for how good all the other ones are. Especially the newer heroes like Shaman and Aramusha, which are basically just better versions of the Zerker.

I now have Kensei just below rep1, and I agree. He's tough to main, though I faced some Kensei mains and I noticed something: you can "deflect" into an attack because while he dodges, Kensei can block-dodge and then counter with a light. I wasn't even aware I could do this with Kensei. I had noticed the sword glows upon dodging, but I thought this was the opener window to initiate a dodge attack; turns out it has another use as well. Even though his unblockable is hard to land outside a wallsplat or OOS knockdown, I really like the Kensei. I do think I'm gonna focus on him a bit more after I rep my Zerker properly to legendary tier.

It's a bit inconsistent for me, so I can't actually promise it's still in game, but it seems that on some heroes, if you throw them down while they're OOS, you can do a side heavy, into the top heavy finisher. I think it's around 96 damage in 2 hits.

One time I landed the light-into-heavy OOS punish on a Cent main, after draining his stamina with parries; imagine his frustration. Took more than half of his HP, then when his stamina was back up, he got parried again, wallsplatted again, then overhead heavy. He was dead in 2 hits. You know the rest: "Wow! Wow! Wow!"

Thanks for the tip, will practice that on level 3 bots! I'm really loving Zerker.

Followed by the Golden Shower event with a nice bath emote, to clean off the filth. Apparently it's gonna be all your Steel, and it'll be available when Chad from the office remembers to turn on the computer.

I'm now stuck imagining a bath execution with bubbles effect....

Merry New years dude, best wishes to you and yours as well!
Much like US politics, surely 2018 can't get any worse for For Honor either.

Hah, was that a pun to the Valk's recent censor on 'No Touching'? ;) thanks again!

PS; Wrote up a reply to your thread already. Not much to say when you've already said it perfectly.

Immediately went to check. Thanks for voicing in on it. I had kept silent about it for a good while; since I've hit rep8 on Warden, in fact (I'm now Rep17 on Warden). About time I took it off my chest.