PDA

View Full Version : Conqueror Full Block is useless

Vrbas1
12-31-2017, 07:18 AM
Aside from acting as a half-assed feint, it's definitely not "working as intended", especially now that counter GB has been disabled. Considering his ability to guard against multiple attackers as advertised, I just get GB'd or kicked/pushed/shoved/etc out of it constantly.

I get that turtling isn't encouraged, but if you're going to market a feature of a class, at least honor it's description to a certain degree. Hell, even warlords full block is more useful because at least it reflects attacks.

SemperFortis201
12-31-2017, 07:34 AM
I agree. They should bring back cgb in full stance, give it superior block and increase stamina cost as a trade off. I dont main him but I got conq up to rep 1. I love the idea and aesthetics of this character but hes a joke compared to the other 2 heavies. Really hope this rework fixes him he is one of the best looking characters imo

ArchDukeInstinct
12-31-2017, 07:52 AM
Aside from acting as a half-assed feint, it's definitely not "working as intended", especially now that counter GB has been disabled. Considering his ability to guard against multiple attackers as advertised, I just get GB'd or kicked/pushed/shoved/etc out of it constantly.

I get that turtling isn't encouraged, but if you're going to market a feature of a class, at least honor it's description to a certain degree. Hell, even warlords full block is more useful because at least it reflects attacks.

Well you see they can't give Conqueror any buffs before his rework which they won't do until after the defense meta patch (which I guess is partially implemented now) but they sure will nerf him without any hesitation. Seems like a double standard to me.

Vrbas1
12-31-2017, 08:19 AM
I understand he's getting reworked. I just hope that this caveat is heeded in the instance his full block stance carries over. As it stands it only acts as a short-changed feint.

BarbeQMichael
12-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Conq has fullblock mostly for feinting. His only weakness in all his turtling was supposed to be that you cannot feint your attacks with flail but this overcomes it. Though most people don't bother parrying because just normal blocking the heavy attacks already give a free gb.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-31-2017, 12:30 PM
Conq has fullblock mostly for feinting. His only weakness in all his turtling was supposed to be that you cannot feint your attacks with flail but this overcomes it. Though most people don't bother parrying because just normal blocking the heavy attacks already give a free gb.

Having no ability to feint an attacks would be pretty much an auto win for anyone with a dodge attack. Not that it isn't already embarrassingly easy to parry his light attacks anyway.

Hormly
12-31-2017, 09:54 PM
Conqs are sillier than Camelot