PDA

View Full Version : What´s your record in FB off-line (before going to heaven) he he ..?

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Hi dogs,

My record in a german fighter campaign is 9 missions (109F-2). I was shot down in the Smolensk campaign by a Lagg-3 who cut me part of the wing, i baled out but in enemy territory, by the way it had very good aim (unbelieve aim). I shoot down 4 enemy a/c and 3 forced landings. I feel imposible to survive the whole war (fighting of course), real settings except engine ones, only external view for take-off.

In Il-2 bomber 2 missions and R.I.P..

I think the game needs several serious improvements.

Post your records guys.

Johann

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Hi dogs,

My record in a german fighter campaign is 9 missions (109F-2). I was shot down in the Smolensk campaign by a Lagg-3 who cut me part of the wing, i baled out but in enemy territory, by the way it had very good aim (unbelieve aim). I shoot down 4 enemy a/c and 3 forced landings. I feel imposible to survive the whole war (fighting of course), real settings except engine ones, only external view for take-off.

In Il-2 bomber 2 missions and R.I.P..

I think the game needs several serious improvements.

Post your records guys.

Johann

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 06:07 PM
My record is 23 missions, full-real (except for external and minimap).

That was flying very conservative, taking no un-neccesary risks and avoiding all possible flak areas. I was killed in a 600+km/hr dive by a miracle shot from a rear il-2 gunner. personally, i don't think it's possible to survive an entire campaign w/out dying let alone the wary. This doesn't mean that someone could prove me wrong but it's just too damn hard with so many factors that are not within your control. The sick part, I still delete and recreate a new pilot each time i die. As a result, i'm stuck in a twisted inifinite loop that has yet to beyond 1942 in any of the dynamic campaigns I've generated. I've tried playing on after a pilot has died but it's not the same.

yarbles

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Stubby, that is the ONLY way to play in my opinion. I only play full real (except minimap path), and when I die it is over. My record is somewhere around 25 kills, don't know how many missions. It was in a 109G-6(early w/20mm cannon), and ended from a flak hit in enemy territory of all things. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif . The 109G-6 early with 20mm cannon is considered the worst 109 by many, but for some reason offline I do well with it, maybe because I am more cautious/focused. Online it would be a different story. When I play VVS offline I usually die very quickly, mainly from a pilot kill from a sniper gunner. I find it much easier to survive in campaigns playing LW, but I find my wingmen more effective when flying VVS (due to AI's skill at TnB). I am going to try a FW-190 campaign soon, as lately I have been flying it alot. I especially like the A-5 in '43 and I have more success in QMB with FW-190 than in any other plane. I am seriously thinking about going to FW-190 permanently until my Tempest arrives, they are somewhat similar and I will gain valuable experience. After the patch, maybe more people will fly the 190. Good hunting.

http://user.tninet.se/~ytm843e/graham4.jpg