PDA

View Full Version : Anno 1404 activation error

adaskow
12-28-2017, 07:27 PM
Hi,
I got some problem with Anno 1404 (standard version, not Gold). I cant activate it. I got valid serial key. It worked few weeks ago. I had to reinstall Windows, and want to play Anno some more.. but it doesnt work, I cant run it. After I paste serial key, I choosed "I got internet access", then it started to think.. long time.. and then I got Unexpected Error (6). After that I could generate some file (which I did). Then, I got error 13:5.
I reinstalled Tages drivers.
I updated game to last version 1.3.
I also tried to use this file I generated, but after some time I pressed button on this opened site I got "Site not found".
Ubisoft.. Is there any way I can run my game? (yes.. it is legal).

dmdilks
12-30-2017, 09:38 AM
I would uninstall everything and this time before you run the game do the updates. Then try it you shouldn't need a key. I have install this game many times never needed a key. You have to do the updates first before you run the game.

adaskow
12-30-2017, 01:18 PM
I tried that too, didnt helped

dmdilks
01-01-2018, 05:22 PM
I don't understand that because I have install this many time and have never had to put a key after the 1.1 patch. Can you try it on another computer to see if that works. The only thing I could see what is causing the problem is when you updated the tage drives.

dmdilks
01-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Ok just install it on my laptop did the 1.1 patch game started with no key added. Then did the other two patches 1.2 & 1.3 and the same no problems game is running. Try to uninstall the tage drivers and see what happens.

billpb
06-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Resurrecting this thread to say that I'm having the same issue with Dawn of Discovery: Unexpected Error (6). I suspect this is happening because Tages' authentication service is offline. It's also very important to say that the problem is limited to "Dawn of Discovery". The DLC "Venice" is working fine. Problem persists with or without Tages' driver. Updates were also installed for the original game and for the DLC, but the problem persisted.

dmdilks
06-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Do you have everything up to date. If everything is up to date you shouldn't have to enter any keys at all. If you need a link to the patches I have it.

billpb
06-03-2018, 10:24 PM
I believe I have everything up-to-date. Are you positive about the most recent patches disabling the need for activation? I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes.

dmdilks
06-03-2018, 11:17 PM
Go into your game folder. In there you will see two Icons. One for the base game and one for the add-on. Right click on them and click properties. You will see a tab "Details" Click on that and it should tell you what version you have. " Product Version"

Without any updates it should 1.00 on the base game. there are 3 patches for the base game. 1.01, 1.02, 1.03. You really don't need the 1.03. I have never put in any keys for the game since the updates. Plus where did you get the game from too?

http://www.patches-scrolls.com/anno_1404.php

billpb
06-03-2018, 11:26 PM
Hi dmdilks, thanks for trying to help me.

For the Anno4.exe file the version is 1.3.3645. As for the Addon.exe file, the version is 2.01.5010. I've got the game from the UPlay platform. I'll take a look at the patches you linked to check if I can make any progress.

billpb
06-04-2018, 12:06 AM
Just a follow-up: I took a look at the patches, but couldn't install any because a fresh install from UPlay provides the game already in patch 1.2. Patch 1.3 won't install because it's not compatible with Gold Edition. Finally, the Gold Edition patch won't install because it doesn't recognize the game on my computer (probably because the patch is for the European version of the game). The only way
I can update the game is through the files "gu.exe" and "gu_addon.exe", which update the base game and the addon, respectively. Finally, uninstalling Tages driver doesn't help either.

I've sent messages to Ubisoft and Tages support. I hope they can answer them.

dmdilks
06-04-2018, 12:15 AM
If you got them from Uplay just make sure you are putting in the right keys. There might be two keys right or was it a package deal. I hate Uplay and have many problems with it. Plus both games are up to date too. Plus in the interface of Uplay there is key tab where you activate keys. If you still have problems contact support and give them you email, users name, password and the keys for the game and the order # too when you bought the game too.

billpb
06-04-2018, 12:24 AM
There's only one key in my case: the Golden Edition's key. Time to wait for the support then. Anyway, thanks for the info!

dmdilks
06-04-2018, 12:33 AM
I own every version of the game from steam, Uplay, and Ubisoft. I have been here from the old sunflower forums. The only bad thing is there is a great Mod out there for the game. I will have to try it on the Uplay version to see if it will work.

billpb
06-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Final update: the problem was finally solved. The activation simply worked in my first attempt this Monday morning. Apparently TAGES' authentication service was indeed offline since Friday (at least). So if anyone experiences the same problem with this game on UPlay [Unexpected error (6)], he/she will have to wait until TAGES' authentication server is back online. And it can take a few days :(

gallion2016
04-13-2019, 04:43 PM
I am having the same problem where it is asking me for the activation code. Is there any other way to receive it, or bypass this step? In the past tho, it never needed it. Only the serial number, which I do have.

Ubi-Woofer
10-09-2019, 09:34 AM
Final update: the problem was finally solved. The activation simply worked in my first attempt this Monday morning. Apparently TAGES' authentication service was indeed offline since Friday (at least). So if anyone experiences the same problem with this game on UPlay [Unexpected error (6)], he/she will have to wait until TAGES' authentication server is back online. And it can take a few days :(

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve this issue once the servers for TAGES were back online, billpb.

I hope that everyone else who was impacted around this time also saw the issue resolved following this.

I am having the same problem where it is asking me for the activation code. Is there any other way to receive it, or bypass this step? In the past tho, it never needed it. Only the serial number, which I do have.

Hey gallion2016, I am a little unsure of the exact issue here, as you have mentioned having the "serial number" to hand. If, by this, you mean the key received alongside your purchase for the game, had you tried entering this upon the activation request by the game?

If you're still having issues with this, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the error message you're receiving with us?