PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 02:28 AM
Am just starting game with single missions. After reading the map in briefing, how do I make sure I am flying on course to reach destinatioon?

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 02:28 AM
Am just starting game with single missions. After reading the map in briefing, how do I make sure I am flying on course to reach destinatioon?

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 02:38 AM
You can open up the kneeboard map with the 'M' key, zoom out with your mouse button, and look at the orientation of your plane icon vs. the waypoints and targets.

Or you can put your plane on Autopilot ('A' key) and let the game take you to the mission destination. [ and ] keys speed up and slow down the game.

Or if you like full real settings you can use the compass or the heading info at the bottom corner to stay on course. I believe there are printable versions of the maps on CD #2, and if they are not you may find them hosted online someplace.

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 02:42 AM
Wozop tmonk

It took me a month with FB until I read on this board that the old Polish P11 fighter was *flyable* (listed on the USSR side) and it probably is the best trainer in the game. It is sweet. I wish I had known about it earlier. Its my favorite to kick around in.

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 02:44 AM
Indeed there are printable maps on CD#2, but even if you fly FR, the best option is the Autopilot(I personaly hate it, but it's still the best solution there is).
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-19-2003, 02:44 AM
only problem with the P11c for a new player is it is a right pain to taxi