PDA

View Full Version : Tribute mode=crap mode

SaschoS
12-25-2017, 08:35 AM
What is this? This mode is a disaster making Shaman only viable char to play with. Really poor and lazy design

Alustar.
12-25-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm guessing you got upset because a shaman player came in top on the leader board and you didn't?

brashtralas
12-25-2017, 03:07 PM
I'm guessing you got upset because a shaman player came in top on the leader board and you didn't?

Probably got upset that the shaman can outrun everyone while carrying a tribute.

Alustar.
12-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Sorry, I just got ran down today by another player role carrying the offering. Maybe try a problem that isn't inconsistent and seen by all class.
By without any information it's hard to infer properly what the problem is . Besides if past experience is any indicator, I predict it to be largely learn to play issues. I see players frequently treating tribute like skirmish.

Vakris_One
12-25-2017, 04:33 PM
Probably got upset that the shaman can outrun everyone while carrying a tribute.
Shaman runs as fast as Orochi and PK so she's not unique in that. If there's anyone that can outrun most characters while carrying a tribute it's the Shinobi and their Naruto speed running - nobody outside of an assassin or a Viking with a speed boost feat is catching that.

Vakris_One
12-25-2017, 04:36 PM
What is this? This mode is a disaster making Shaman only viable char to play with. Really poor and lazy design
Hard to know what the problem is without a specific example.

SaschoS
12-26-2017, 10:10 AM
The whole game mode is poorly designed with chars and bugs

WoodDaGawd
12-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Boring game mode for players that don't know to or can't fight.

Mtcmnkk
12-26-2017, 09:10 PM

If you can't win around 50% of your 1v1's against shaman you either need to switch mains or figure out how your main can best counter her. She's stupidly strong but your best character should be easier against her

UbiJurassic
12-26-2017, 11:26 PM
The whole game mode is poorly designed with chars and bugs

Do you mind sharing what some of those bugs are or what you'd like to see change? Details go a long way in terms of getting the feedback over to the team and better opening the topic up for discussion among players.

SaschoS
12-27-2017, 03:36 PM
Like some chars can run faster than other while holding a flag. Damage is just **** how can a heavy axe causes less damage than a tiny dagger. Speeds of some chars are abnormal. Bugs like when someone pushes you and you somehow magicaly find yourself on the spikes. Constant disconnects. Player cheating and/or lagging. This game is a mess and it is getting more messier from season to season. I do not understand why would you pile **** upon **** just to recognize that you must fix the **** that is under pile of **** I mean devs really wants to get dirty. I wonder if they are even capable of cleaning their own rooms. We want beta back!

UbiJurassic
12-27-2017, 07:48 PM
Like some chars can run faster than other while holding a flag. Damage is just **** how can a heavy axe causes less damage than a tiny dagger. Speeds of some chars are abnormal. Bugs like when someone pushes you and you somehow magicaly find yourself on the spikes. Constant disconnects. Player cheating and/or lagging. This game is a mess and it is getting more messier from season to season. I do not understand why would you pile **** upon **** just to recognize that you must fix the **** that is under pile of **** I mean devs really wants to get dirty. I wonder if they are even capable of cleaning their own rooms. We want beta back!

Depending on their class, some heroes will be faster than others when carrying the offering. However, heroes like Lawbringer and Centurion can easily catch a Shaman when she has the offering. The only hero that might have difficulty catching her when she has the offering is Shugoki. This is why heavy characters are better suited to defending offerings than going to retrieve them, similar to how they are better to defending zones in Dominion than going to capture them.

As far as damage goes, that will depend on what type of attack you are using. Regardless of whether you are using a large axe or a short sword, if all you do is use light attacks, you will not do as much as a heavy attack will in a single attack.

Regarding magic spikes, we might need more details on that. Being guardbroken, counter-guardbroken, or punched/kicked into spikes is intended, but if there is a bug please feel free to submit a video of it to us so we can look into it. The same thing goes for anyone you might suspect is cheating. Video evidence allows us to have adamant evidence to address breaches in our Code of Conduct.

HazelrahFirefly
12-27-2017, 09:33 PM
The real problem with Tribute is that teammates can knock the offering out of your hands. The griefing in this mode, especially when there is an Order for claims, makes it unplayable.

HazelrahFirefly
12-27-2017, 09:34 PM
Or just make it so picking up the damn thing counts as a claim. That way when some ******* attacks his teammate I won't be so deterred from the mode.

UbiJurassic
12-27-2017, 10:09 PM
The real problem with Tribute is that teammates can knock the offering out of your hands. The griefing in this mode, especially when there is an Order for claims, makes it unplayable.

We're actually looking to change this so that attacks from teammates no longer cause you to drop the offering.

Alustar.
12-27-2017, 10:15 PM
We're actually looking to change this so that attacks from teammates no longer cause you to drop the offering.
Is there a way you can do that and still give us the ability to rip an offering from a bot? I've seen them double back several times not sure if they want to claim the offering for our team or come help in a fight that is clearly under control by the team.

HazelrahFirefly
12-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Is there a way you can do that and still give us the ability to rip an offering from a bot? I've seen them double back several times not sure if they want to claim the offering for our team or come help in a fight that is clearly under control by the team.

It's actually amazing to hear that its going to be changed. I don't want it to be too complicated, but aluster has a point. Perhaps if both characters hold the claim button (triangle on PS4) then they can pass the offering? Could then make it so bots are always agreeable to this trade, perhaps even only when not under attack.

UbiJurassic
12-27-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm not quite sure. The change has yet to be fully detailed to us, so if we get more info on it, we will be sure to share the additional details.

Alustar.
12-27-2017, 11:12 PM
It's actually amazing to hear that its going to be changed. I don't want it to be too complicated, but aluster has a point. Perhaps if both characters hold the claim button (triangle on PS4) then they can pass the offering? Could then make it so bots are always agreeable to this trade, perhaps even only when not under attack.

This is genius!
Please pass this along to the dev team as well. I know they are still working on it, but this could alleviate all of the problems in one patch. Good form Hazel, good form.

UbiJurassic
12-27-2017, 11:15 PM
This is genius!
Please pass this along to the dev team as well. I know they are still working on it, but this could alleviate all of the problems in one patch. Good form Hazel, good form.

Will do! :D

Alustar.
12-27-2017, 11:18 PM

You rock, Jurassic! (Get it, cause your a fossil!?) XD

HazelrahFirefly
12-28-2017, 03:37 AM

Well that's cool. If my idea makesit into this game.... I'll be all in for Year 2 lol.

UbiJurassic
12-28-2017, 03:46 AM
You rock, Jurassic! (Get it, cause your a fossil!?) XD

https://media2.giphy.com/media/m7R82ZvFaEi0U/giphy.gif

I see what you did there. :rolleyes:

nufrancis
12-28-2017, 07:24 AM

Agree, this should change. Theres this ******bag who intentionally robbing offering from me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

But in the end I let him go because if I meddle with it, I know it would affect my team badly.

Rahnzan
12-28-2017, 06:47 PM
Can I make a CRITICAL suggestion that we definitely need a way to voluntarily drop the offering then?

For those of us with the rare notion of actually making friends with people and forming teams, when I've completed my Order I like ferrying flags to squad mates, especially my Heavy defenders who cant normally Claim nor Block in that mode.

Honestly there should be a small xp reward for beaning a flag off an enemy if there isn't already.

Okita_Soji..
12-28-2017, 07:45 PM
That's a great idea. I don't like the mode because I've played with numerous teammates who just knock it out of your hand so they can place it. It really gets frustrating cause it hurts the team and its a team game.

brashtralas
12-29-2017, 02:50 AM
Depending on their class, some heroes will be faster than others when carrying the offering. However, heroes like Lawbringer and Centurion can easily catch a Shaman when she has the offering. The only hero that might have difficulty catching her when she has the offering is Shugoki. This is why heavy characters are better suited to defending offerings than going to retrieve them, similar to how they are better to defending zones in Dominion than going to capture them.

As far as damage goes, that will depend on what type of attack you are using. Regardless of whether you are using a large axe or a short sword, if all you do is use light attacks, you will not do as much as a heavy attack will in a single attack.

Regarding magic spikes, we might need more details on that. Being guardbroken, counter-guardbroken, or punched/kicked into spikes is intended, but if there is a bug please feel free to submit a video of it to us so we can look into it. The same thing goes for anyone you might suspect is cheating. Video evidence allows us to have adamant evidence to address breaches in our Code of Conduct.

Im afraid youre incorrect. I cannot catch the shaman as my centurion. Never have. Shes the same speed or a bit faster.