PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Siege?

WayneWilson12
12-24-2017, 09:58 PM
I played a bit today, less than an hour because it's honestly all I can stomach without it continuing to make me angry.

The servers are terrible. This "upgrade" has caused me more rubber banding, lagging, and a ton more "WTF that's BS" deaths. I'm getting one-shotted through what seems to be unbreakable walls, always getting insta headshotted by people with pings that are 150+. And the game speed seems to me like it was kicked up by another 50%. It's crazy cracked out COD like gameplay with mad strafing and insta-snap head shots.

I play on PS4 and the games I was going between most people that had mics had similar complaints. The hit registration is terrible, almost non existent. I dumped half an MP5 mag into a Zofia with her back to me. She turns and insta drops me with one bullet to the dome. I watched the killcam and saved the clip. I can't figure out how or why it happened.

Also the matchmaking is awful. I keep getting placed into games that are already 0-2 and the last round usually not even a full team. The few full games I get placed into i'm always matched against a squad of Diamond or Plats, most with pings in the 150 range that keep wrecking. This game is not in a good spot right now. I think they need to honestly revert to the old servers or do some maintence on the netcode until they can figure this server thing out.

I would also like to see match making preferences for joining games in progress and regional server filters. I don't want to keep playing against EU and Middle Eastern Players that ping abuse and peek me over and over again. Please for the love of God as a Christmas gift to the community, fix the servers.

GrimmTheEvil
12-24-2017, 10:40 PM
Same here. Game has become a piece of s*** full of ******ed kids, cheaters and broken matchmaking. Is Ubisoft doing something? Nope, to busy earning money by making new elite skins.

Willis2515
12-24-2017, 11:19 PM
Yeah it's the type of players that have joined lately that use exploits that Ubi does not care to address that is the biggest problem imo. Its the pile of **** human crowd. Spawn rushers are out of control, machine pistols as secondaries are too op to deal with, speed ops still killing the game because the engine does not know how to handle it. It just sucks. There is so much here to love and be addicted to but there is too much incompetence also that I can't keep apologizing for anymore. Someone is going to come out with a Siege knock off that does it better, smoother, and more reliably soon and it's going to be bad for Ubi.

EvLCletus
12-24-2017, 11:38 PM
I played for hours last night on PS4. It was total garbage. It's like hit boxes don't exist anymore. If you watch the ping numbers, they are really unstable and will bounce up across the board real high sometimes.

nrod3041
12-24-2017, 11:43 PM
I played for hours last night on PS4. It was total garbage. It's like hit boxes don't exist anymore. If you watch the ping numbers, they are really unstable and will bounce up across the board real high sometimes.

I have started to notice this, the ping numbers that is. What is up with that?

EvLCletus
12-24-2017, 11:55 PM

I don't know but it wasn't like that before the last update. Right before White Noise was the most stable the game has ever been, then surprise they screwed it up again.

WayneWilson12
12-25-2017, 12:14 AM

My guess is that the 60hz servers aren't as stable as they thought from the TTS build. I don't know anything about coding or anything like that but it seems like whatever change they did on the server just wiped out any coding for game stability that ever existed. Either way its affecting the game in a very negative way. I really hope Ubi is looking into server stabilization and considering adding regional server filters to help reduce this.

I'm US East and would prefer to play only those regions or US West at the farthest. I feel like I'm getting whatever opens up first, somewhere in the EU against a team of Plat 3's and Diamonds.

Half the time though I don't think the matchmaking preference matters. I still play a lot of bomb, Tower, and Theme Park when I don't want to at all.

EvLCletus
12-25-2017, 12:16 AM

Half the time though I don't think the matchmaking preference matters. I still play a lot of bomb, Tower, and Theme Park when I don't want to at all.

I thought they removed this?

Insaine34
12-25-2017, 12:16 AM
PS4 we have been seeing ping spikes of up to 800 ping during the match, its normaly the middle east guys on EU servers, they have a starting point of 150-250 and there conection is as stable as a drunken man crossing a main road. The conection on ps4 is unstable the ping is bouncing all over the place and its been like that since white noise dropped and then the small patch for 60hz made it worse.

EvLCletus
12-25-2017, 12:20 AM
PS4 we have been seeing ping spikes of up to 800 ping during the match, its normaly the middle east guys on EU servers, they have a starting point of 150-250 and there conection is as stable as a drunken man crossing a main road. The conection on ps4 is unstable the ping is bouncing all over the place and its been like that since white noise dropped and then the small patch for 60hz made it worse.

We have this on North America servers too, but I think they are people in US. The bad part is we also have people with single digit pings that just teleport around the map.

WayneWilson12
12-25-2017, 12:20 AM
I thought they removed this?

I can still set them, no idea if it actually works though.

I like the analogy. Every time someone ping spikes and lags out from the Middle East or Africa, I think their little mud hut got nailed by a missile from a predator drone. I see this in my mind's eye and smile if it's a griefing player or one that's destroying me because of the high ping advantage.

nrod3041
12-25-2017, 12:29 AM
I knew I was not going crazy (although otherwise I am). Thank you for the posts and information. I knew something was up, because all of a sudden things just seem off. I iterated this in another board (obviously to no Ubi response, not that I was expecting one).

Nevertheless, its really weird and annoying.

WayneWilson12
12-25-2017, 12:34 AM
I knew I was not going crazy (although otherwise I am). Thank you for the posts and information. I knew something was up, because all of a sudden things just seem off. I iterated this in another board (obviously to no Ubi response, not that I was expecting one).

Nevertheless, its really weird and annoying.

Yeah, dude. Typically with every update it seems like they need to release another patch to get things smoothed out again. It happened with BO update as well. It's like they undid everything that OP Health actually did fix. Not that i'm really trying to defend Ubi here, but sometimes I think they honestly have to play wait and see for a little bit to find all the bugs and issues that are being reported in order to decide what actually needs fixed and what's the crybaby crowd.

Hopefully they deliver a swift and solid fix, because I do enjoy the game, it sucks though trying to play it when it's broken at its core.

WBBCoop
12-25-2017, 01:17 PM
It's like a revolving door. Update creates problems - reinforcements fix update problems, creates new ones - new update fixes reinforcement problems and creates new ones- reinforcements fix upda...but then again, Ubi already told us over a year ago that that's how things are going to go. So now that it's going that way we are..confused?

The past few sessions have been funky with the connection indicators and unusual ping spikes but not really unusual high blinky drones or rubber bands (ps4 eus). I also haven't been getting curbstomped like last week. The game is at..erm..80% (100% = end of Op Health -> early season 3).

LIQUID CORTEX
12-25-2017, 11:45 PM
This is horrible development, itís unplayable bad.
Ubisoft Montreal dev. are from stone age. Stupid as hell.. but proud whatís most important.

SarawakianPower
12-26-2017, 09:28 AM
Their idea of 'better servers' was to rent some from microsoft. GG.