PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE eliminate the ability to GB through startup and dodge

LordRockinghamm
12-23-2017, 07:11 PM
When I'm dodging, I'm not guarding. I'm dodging. When I have my weapon over my head, mid attack or mid 'startup', I'm not guarding, I'M ATTACKING. So tired of getting guard broken mid heavy attack. Once an attack is initiated there should be no guard breaking through it. Period. At any time. The only functionality of the startup should be to allow for a period of time for a feint. That's it.

Just one of the basic, relatively simple changes they could make to this game to make it much better and less aggrevating.

ShonM93
12-23-2017, 07:44 PM
Yesss! Make dodge the ultimate turtling tool! Make assasins untouchable! What a bright idea! *gargantuan sarcasm ends*

ArchDukeInstinct
12-23-2017, 07:51 PM
If we renamed "guard break" to just "grab", would you be okay with it then?

Vakris_One
12-23-2017, 08:19 PM
When I'm dodging, I'm not guarding. I'm dodging. When I have my weapon over my head, mid attack or mid 'startup', I'm not guarding, I'M ATTACKING. So tired of getting guard broken mid heavy attack. Once an attack is initiated there should be no guard breaking through it. Period. At any time. The only functionality of the startup should be to allow for a period of time for a feint. That's it.

Just one of the basic, relatively simple changes they could make to this game to make it much better and less aggrevating.
I agree with the attack startup but not with dodging. GB is the counter to dodging, without that dodging would be essentially unpunishable and risk free against most of the roster. Only characters with fast chainable attacks would be able to stop it and that's not the way to go in my opinion. GB countering dodge is fine.

GB going through attack startups is not fine however. The devs made an effort to remove the ability to guardbreak characters through their heavy attack startups because it just wasn't fair, especially for the likes of Shugoki. However they let the Aramusha completely slip through with being guardbroken on his light attack startups and even his zone startup, which is ridiculous to be honest. I've also noticed the Shaman being capable of GBing me through a dodge strike, right through the startup animation of the strike itself. That's the first time a character could do that to my knowledge. So the devs really need to patch up the consistency here. ALL attack startups should be immune to being guardbroken because that's not what guardbreak is for.

Erhanninja
12-23-2017, 09:14 PM
What character do you play?