PDA

View Full Version : Why soft feint GB is BS

Tyrjo
12-23-2017, 11:14 AM
I find it totally unfair that some heroes have the ability to soft feint a heavy into a guard break. Given that landing a guard break is so powerful (and very very tricky to land a regular one on a good opponent), either the whole cast should be able to soft feint a heavy into a guard break or no one should be able to do it.

It lowers the skill ceiling. Feinting, which is an art to master is suddenly something a random beginner can do.
SF GB is basically a risk free feint.
Regular feinting carries a lot of risk. Since you open yourself up to an untechable GB or regular attacks.
You cannot take the risk to parry a hero who has H SF GB. Making it essentially risk free for them to attack.

BTTrinity
12-23-2017, 12:45 PM
I find it totally unfair that some heroes have the ability to soft feint a heavy into a guard break. Given that landing a guard break is so powerful (and very very tricky to land a regular one on a good opponent), either the whole cast should be able to soft feint a heavy into a guard break or no one should be able to do it.

It lowers the skill ceiling. Feinting, which is an art to master is suddenly something a random beginner can do.
Regular feinting carries a lot of risk. Since you open yourself up to an untechable GB or regular attacks.
You cannot take the risk to parry a hero who has H SF GB. Making it essentially risk free for them to attack.

I agree, EVERYONE needs softfeint into GB and quick UB opener.

Oupyz
12-23-2017, 06:16 PM
well centurion parry punish or wallsplat is not unfair as well .;
the game is bs when it comes to balance

Jarl.Felix
12-23-2017, 06:25 PM
I really hope they hire better devs from other Ubisoft studios for balancing this game. It's vital if this game wants to have a chance.

Alienjf
12-24-2017, 12:21 AM
agree and i always did!

Rikuto01.tv
12-24-2017, 07:06 AM

Feinting an art to master? What? No.

Hormly
12-24-2017, 04:07 PM
More strategies not less. Leave it as is

Tyrjo
12-25-2017, 10:43 AM
More strategies not less. Leave it as is

Then give it to everyone. More strategies.

Knight_Raime
12-25-2017, 11:17 AM

While I absolutely agree every hero should have a heavy soft feint into GB as an option your points are horribly false.

Soft feints still have the same skill ceiling as feints. Any beginner can hard feint. it's not any harder or easier to do either.
No it's not. because either you eat an attack canceling into GB at the wrong time. Or you let the heavy fly that can easily be punished.
This is also not true. Only heros with stupidly slow heavies have this issue. 90% of the cast can heavy and hard feint immediately to tech any GB attempt.
you absolutely can if you read your opponent. Centurions almost never land their heavy soft feint gb combo on me because i'm so used to it from playing as him.

Really just sounds like whining.

Tyrjo
12-26-2017, 10:26 AM
While I absolutely agree every hero should have a heavy soft feint into GB as an option your points are horribly false.

Soft feints still have the same skill ceiling as feints. Any beginner can hard feint. it's not any harder or easier to do either.
No it's not. because either you eat an attack canceling into GB at the wrong time. Or you let the heavy fly that can easily be punished.
This is also not true. Only heros with stupidly slow heavies have this issue. 90% of the cast can heavy and hard feint immediately to tech any GB attempt.
you absolutely can if you read your opponent. Centurions almost never land their heavy soft feint gb combo on me because i'm so used to it from playing as him.

Really just sounds like whining.

I find soft feint GB incredibly easy to land compared to regular feinting into GB. With HF I'm not just talking about pressing the button to feint, you have to read your opponent and first decide what kind of risk the feint carries, then what you want to do after the feint. Do you bait a parry attempt, do you sqeeze in a light or any other move, do you go for the GB directly?

Have you ever let a SF heavy fly by mistake? I find that next to impossible.

Maybe. I tend to play heavies. That could be the reason my experience is like this.